Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its nothing amaaaazing. But its also cheap as hell. So there ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like sloppy joes. :saddowns:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I've never eaten a good sloppy joe over here in the UK. I've eaten one before but it just tasted like crappy hamburger meat with worcester sauce in.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slime posted:

I've never eaten a good sloppy joe over here in the UK. I've eaten one before but it just tasted like crappy hamburger meat with worcester sauce in.

Try manwich

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Looks like all midwestern food looks like. Bland tasteless poo poo.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Its bolognase on bread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

Its bolognase on bread.

With pickles and mustard. Unless you're a savage.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Solice Kirsk posted:

With pickles and mustard. Unless you're a savage.

Are pickles gherkins?

(Is WHEAT CORN?!)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sloppy joes are completely different in northern New Jersey than they are in the rest of the US. Less burger-like, more deli sandwich-like.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Load up your sloppy joe with poo poo like chili powder, garlic, onion, and other stuff.

Actually just make chili and dump that on a bun.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Load up your sloppy joe with poo poo like chili powder, garlic, onion, and other stuff.

This is the correct way to make sloppy joes.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Killswitch posted:

This is the correct way to make sloppy joes.

If you dump chili on a hotdog technically you made a sandwich

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

blugu64 posted:

Looks like all midwestern food looks like. Bland tasteless poo poo.

Basically this.

Anyway, meth was so 2000s. The top thing now around here are opioids like Vicodin and oxycontin.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Liberals don't understand this poo poo either as evidenced by people on Tumblr freaking out about Netflix canceling 'The Get Down' after one season. "A show about Black people is being canceled, must be race related."

The reason wasn't even about money. The show's creator didn't have enough time in his schedule to make another season.

Yea people are freaking out about sense8 being cancelled because its so pro lgbt so it must be conservatives censoring it. not that it costs almost 10mil / episode.

I'm gonna miss the gently caress out of sense8 though. strazinski cant catch a break

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

snergle posted:

Yea people are freaking out about sense8 being cancelled because its so pro lgbt so it must be conservatives censoring it. not that it costs almost 10mil / episode.

I'm gonna miss the gently caress out of sense8 though. strazinski cant catch a break

I don't watch tv

Mustached Demon posted:

Or buy manwich

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

snergle posted:

yeah i was always afraid it would be short-lived because of how expensive shooting it had to be. Just wish it had gone a little longer or maybe all the money going into the Uber pit could be diverted into something nice for a change

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bean_shadow posted:

Basically this.

Anyway, meth was so 2000s. The top thing now around here are opioids like Vicodin and oxycontin.

You misspelled fentanyl.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The store that used to be a radioshack in my town is now a computer repair shop.

Okay God bless.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

Or buy manwich

You're missing out, brah. Give it a chance.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Do they still make trowels in Marshalltown or is that a different Marshalltown?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

BloodBag posted:

It sounds like both of you could have handled yourselves a bit better.

E: Manners are circling the drain.

nah, it was like 1 in the morning and the cab driver got lost and racked up a bunch of extra mileage. I wasn't about to let him take me another 10 minutes out of the way and use an ATM that will cost me another few dollars in fees because that's what he wanted. If the card reader wasn't working for some reason (cab drivers lie about that all the loving time) then he should have told me that before the ride began, not sprung it on me when we're at my apartment that doesn't have an ATM anywhere near there. (And the same goes for if he didn't want to use the card reader for whatever reason; tell me at the beginning of the trip so I can find a different cab.)

He threw my card out the window after I told him "No, I'm not going to an ATM, run my card I can see that the card reader is working fine" I'm not really wrong to get pissed enough to kick the back of his seat. That's my card, it's a pain in the rear end to live without it for a few days when they get lost, he shouldn't have thrown it out the window.

I don't think he's all that wrong for physically throwing me out of his cab though; I was trying to kick a hole in the back of the seat. But it's his fault that situation arose in the first place.

Tumble has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Jun 12, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whiteyfats posted:

I like sloppy joes. :saddowns:

:yossame:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

berth ell pup posted:

Do they still make trowels in Marshalltown or is that a different Marshalltown?

You're thinking of the right one but I don't think the factory is there anymore.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Every time someone posts "Marshalltown" my mind initially parses it as "Marshmallowtown" and it makes me giggle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moon Slayer posted:

Every time someone posts "Marshalltown" my mind initially parses it as "Marshmallowtown" and it makes me giggle.

I'm glad that I'm not alone in this

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Try manwich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbPLQr2Xkw

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marissa Mayer is finally out at Yahoo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Sears Canada does not have enough money to run for the next 12 months and can't get a loan for the amount they need

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sears-canada-warning-1.4157991

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I don't watch cartoons. Sorry.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marissa Mayer is finally out at Yahoo
She's proof that women CEOs can be every bit as spiteful and horrible as their male counterparts. I'll never forget her policy barring employees from working at home, even in case of family obligations. Even better, she was pregnant either when that edict came down or shortly after.

Good riddance, Marissa, you won't be missed.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

get that OUT of my face posted:

She's proof that women CEOs can be every bit as spiteful and horrible as their male counterparts. I'll never forget her policy barring employees from working at home, even in case of family obligations. Even better, she was pregnant either when that edict came down or shortly after.

My favorite was her yammering on about the 130 hour work week or what the gently caress ever. A literal devil.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

She could still get it

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

My favorite was her yammering on about the 130 hour work week or what the gently caress ever. A literal devil.

Was that when she claimed to work so many hours that there was literally no time to sleep left? I remember seeing the infographic and thinking "what the everloving gently caress?"

Or am I thinking about somebody else?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Marissa -> rear end I Ram.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

get that OUT of my face posted:

Then she built a nursery on premise, just for herself.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Does anyone have a book/ article about the rise of CEO's? It appears from my perspective that they've created a great gig where they don't actually have to be competent, just appearcompetent, while they line their pockets before moving on to the next job

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Professor Shark posted:

they don't actually have to be competent, just appear competent

To be fair, there are a lot of jobs like this, especially in management.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

Does anyone have a book/ article about the rise of CEO's? It appears from my perspective that they've created a great gig where they don't actually have to be competent, just appearcompetent, while they line their pockets before moving on to the next job

Get to the top, swell the stock price through any means necessary, sell all your stock, then quit / get fired for a final golden parachute payout on which you can immediately jump to another corporation to repeat the cycle.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The vast majority of CEOs don't have a publicly traded (or otherwise liquid) stock to worry about, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

The vast majority of CEOs don't have a publicly traded (or otherwise liquid) stock to worry about, though.

Be that as it may, in this particular case, I certainly wouldn't complain about a $23 million payout regardless.