Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Nephzinho posted:

Persona 5 was pretty good but holy poo poo I do not have time for games this long anymore.

Same.

*plays 500 hours of rocket league*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Sony don't need crossplay for Minecraft because their install base is bigger than the Bone, Wii U and Switch put together.

If someone wants to play Minecraft with friends they'll more than likely do so on their PS4s that all of them will probably own already.

lol

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It's really difficult for some of you to just say, "Yeah, I can see why that would be a bummer for some people," without launching some unnecessary defence.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Wendell posted:

It's really difficult for some of you to just say, "Yeah, I can see why that would be a bummer for some people," without launching some unnecessary defence.

Its really difficult for me to read that XBOXs killer app is Minecraft without bursting into laughter, yes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its really difficult for me to read that XBOXs killer app is Minecraft without bursting into laughter, yes.
Yeah it's not nearly as wtf as the One announcement fiasco (they're at least advertising it as a game playing machine from the beginning this time) but it is definitely worth a chuckle.

edit: also Bethesda giving paid mods another try. What do they think is going to happen?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah honestly the minecraft segment was more interesting for cross play with switch and xbox and pc. And that things like realms will come to switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fair play to them for mentioning games and not loving DVR features I guess

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
HZD is really fun yall

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: also Bethesda giving paid mods another try. What do they think is going to happen?
It sounded like there would be some level of curation with those so it may be the only way PS4 players can actually get mods that add new assets. If that restriction is still there then lol.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the xbox not going to launch with some weird expensive gimmick (or obvious feature missing) this time? If so, maybe they learned something after all.

It's missing a good games lineup...

They're launching a current-gen iteration at a next-gen price, I'm surprised they didn't go the whole way and just cut ties with the 'One' brand and dive early into next-gen like they did with the 360. I fear they've already doomed it to fail.

Can't see anyone but the most die-hard of Xbox fans buying an XBoxOneX.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the xbox not going to launch with some weird expensive gimmick (or obvious feature missing) this time? If so, maybe they learned something after all.

Nah, they're still trying to get the Hololens down to a price that doesn't make people point and laugh.

MZ posted:

It's missing a good games lineup...

They're launching a current-gen iteration at a next-gen price, I'm surprised they didn't go the whole way and just cut ties with the 'One' brand and dive early into next-gen like they did with the 360. I fear they've already doomed it to fail.

Can't see anyone but the most die-hard of Xbox fans buying an XBoxOneX.

Jumping the gun on a generation is a great way to kill your console in the crib, because you built it on current-gen tech instead of actual next-gen tech (See; The Dreamcast). Also it has the same problem a low-spec console does (ie; the Wii vs X360/PS3) in that separate games have to be coded explicitly for it. Higher graphics fidelity also means it costs more to make the game, and that's just not looking like a good business proposition for most studios when there's two other consoles they could make cheaper games for and hit a larger customer base.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bethesda's paid mods now just sound exactly like what Valve has done with TF2 and DOTA for a decade and no one gives a poo poo it's just this time it's for a singleplayer game.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I don't give half a poo poo about Minecraft. But it's still really popular, and having cross-platform play is a good idea regardless of the game, and it's a bad idea that Sony is so resistant.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Goddamnit I was able to buy another year of PS+ but when I try to buy a few games after that, Sony decides they hate my Paypal/credit card. If I buy PSN credit on Amazon and put it in my wallet, is that going to count toward the spend $100 promotion?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Goddamnit I was able to buy another year of PS+ but when I try to buy a few games after that, Sony decides they hate my Paypal/credit card. If I buy PSN credit on Amazon and put it in my wallet, is that going to count toward the spend $100 promotion?
Yes. Adding money to your PS Wallet via any means (PSN card, credit card) and spending the money from your Wallet counts, you just need to make sure to use the money from the Wallet. Like, a PS+ card from the store, for example, would not work since it doesn't affect the Wallet.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm really quite surprised by how much I'm liking Persona 5, I only played 4 and despite putting some 50 hours in never got to the ending. This sequel is just so stylish though, the animation, the menu designs, the HUD all look gorgeous, the music is fantastic so far. I'm only 2 hours in and I don't know if I'll even see this one to the end but wow what a well presented game.

Also, the main characters Persona shares a name with the current manager of Arsenal Football Club so thats an instant brownie point :)

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Macarius Wrench posted:

Same.

*plays 500 hours of rocket league*

I'm in the same boat. Backlogs of lengthy single player games that I could grind through in a few weeks but instead I spent all my time playing Overwatch and Rocket League. Something about the 5-10 minute match length combined with the skinner box reward system...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't give half a poo poo about Minecraft. But it's still really popular, and having cross-platform play is a good idea regardless of the game, and it's a bad idea that Sony is so resistant.

'Sony said no' is from Microsoft PR so

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

'Sony said no' is from Microsoft PR so

yeah, and if it were false, Sony would have wasted absolutely zero time denying it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really, denying it just adds fuel to the flames, best to ignore it altogether, which is what they've done.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So in the end that's the defense. They're lying because it's Microsoft, and Sony is avoiding fanning the flames.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
First they said no to mod support, then they said no to cross console play. Are we going to just let them take the rest of our freedoms? The answer is yes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ryoga posted:

First they said no to mod support, then they said no to cross console play. Are we going to just let them take the rest of our freedoms? The answer is yes.

As long as they're the console with Yakuza, HZD, Nioh, TLG etc etc etc they can do what they want :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

Lmao.

sony has like 8 announced projects to update and schedule release on, at least one new game to announce from sucker punch...
Minecraft crossplay and boneheaded back compat philosophies dont rate in these conditions where im playing new great Aaa's back to back to back

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 12, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Them doing good things does not mean that lovely decisions aren't lovely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when the chickens roost i'll just buy a different console like i did to xbox in 2013.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Really sad I can't build brown bricks with my cross-console friends

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's a minor inconvenience but I would take a wild stab at assuming 90% of all minecraft players outside of PC are wii Xbox

Boy can't wait to use this latest and greatest console tech to play my 8bit game on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its big on ps4 i think

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh. Not denying but still surprised. Maybe on the vita? (Good joke I know)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Also sounds like the PS4 version just isn't gonna get big updates anymore, there was a bunch of stuff other than cross play that they announced that so far is coming to everything but PS4. Unless they're gonna announce some new different PS4 version of minecraft that's running on the new codebase at the Sony thing

Like okay big adult gamers itt don't care about minecraft but its kinda lovely for the people that do care IMO.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Minecraft can run on basically any computer. Just fuckin play it on that.

I had no idea anyone still cared about​ minecraft.

I'm just mad that I'm not gonna get the one thing that I wanted from the overwatch event :(

This is the second time I've randomly picked up overwatch again on the weekend and found out a special event is going on but it ends in a day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Old people surprised that kids still like Minecraft itt

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I thought younger generations moved on to the next cool thing faster than old people. There've been like 6 call of duties since minecraft came out.

Minecraft came out 8 years ago. So, yeah, I am a little surprised kids are playing an 8 year old game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They did move on, except they kept playing Minecraft between rounds of shooting people in the head & face + a whole new generation of kids discovered Minecraft.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Me and my flatmate played a lot of Minecraft from PC multiplayer servers to 360 to PS4 but now we've done so much with it that I'm not really bothered about this. The years of use since it came out, the limitations of console (Yes, there are actually limits, lower amounts of creatures and things are allowed to exist for memory reasons) and the lack of any new, interesting content or features (not minigames) means the game has kind of ran its course for us. But I could believe Sony are the ones who turned this down if it wasn't Microsoft, because Rocket League has been cross-platform for so long but different consoles still can't play together and it has to be one of the two keeping that restriction in place. Didn't Sony and Microsoft make a big deal about cross-platform play when Portal 2 came out in the same kind of way?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Snak posted:

I mean, I thought younger generations moved on to the next cool thing faster than old people. There've been like 6 call of duties since minecraft came out.

Minecraft came out 8 years ago. So, yeah, I am a little surprised kids are playing an 8 year old game.

i probably played with legos for around 8 years when i was a kid

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Call of Duty is years older than Minecraft and kids haven't moved on from that, why would they move on from Minecraft?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ADHD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Classy.