Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ChickenWing posted:

Holy fuckin' poo poo the Medium Support lance is mean as hell. Went Medium Battle vs it and got my rear end stomped.

Tried medium support as enemy lance and it did well. AI was a little hesitant about Always Be Catapultin' but it did better than any other lance combo I've gone up against, right up until they stopped their Locust halfway through a flank and let me crunch it to death (literally - DFA wrecked the CT) and the Catapult wasn't firing every turn.

I don't remember but how heat-neutral is a Catapult firing only LRMs? Maybe it was cooling but it felt like it fired 2-3 turns and then waited 2-3 turns and that wasn't right.

Still, probably the best lance for the AI I've played yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Found the goon pilot while playing with the debug cam (CRTL+SHIFT+i) and I'm glad friendly fire is off. The Centurion made up for it by headcapping the Atlas in the next round. It's finally my turn to deliver AC/10s to the face.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
dang, stock Kintaros in the beta are p. powerful. a little hot but 3 SRM6s is no joke

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pattonesque posted:

dang, stock Kintaros in the beta are p. powerful. a little hot but 3 SRM6s is no joke

Yeah, they're also pretty fast. If you put someone with the initiative skill in them they essentially become a REALLY mean light and are great for ambushing and shooting butts.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Pattonesque posted:

Mediums in general seem like they're pretty great in the beta - it's probably the first Battletech-based game ever where the old 'workhorse of the Inner Sphere' description of mediums feels like it might be true. In most mechwarrior games they're a stepping stone to heavies that you pass through as quickly as is convenient, and I remember trying to get away from them pretty quick in the mechcommander games too. But here the roster is really solid, with the Centurians, Hunchbacks, Kintaro, and Trebuchet being real outstanding units for the price/weight. Just park a Hunch 4P in a river and enjoy the light show.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, they're also pretty fast. If you put someone with the initiative skill in them they essentially become a REALLY mean light and are great for ambushing and shooting butts.

If they have the -3M Griffin I'm really looking forward to recreating the MWO murdermachine build of 4 SRM4 (or 4 SRM6) and jump jets. I think it could be brutal in this game

Rocketpriest posted:

Mediums in general seem like they're pretty great in the beta - it's probably the first Battletech-based game ever where the old 'workhorse of the Inner Sphere' description of mediums feels like it might be true. In most mechwarrior games they're a stepping stone to heavies that you pass through as quickly as is convenient, and I remember trying to get away from them pretty quick in the mechcommander games too. But here the roster is really solid, with the Centurians, Hunchbacks, Kintaro, and Trebuchet being real outstanding units for the price/weight. Just park a Hunch 4P in a river and enjoy the light show.

The -4G is legit scary with the AC/20. Considering how quality the AC/10 is in this game I could really see some good medium skirmisher builds centered around them

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Pattonesque posted:

If they have the -3M Griffin I'm really looking forward to recreating the MWO murdermachine build of 4 SRM4 (or 4 SRM6) and jump jets. I think it could be brutal in this game

The -4G is legit scary with the AC/20. Considering how quality the AC/10 is in this game I could really see some good medium skirmisher builds centered around them

They definitely won't have the 3M Griffin in this game. And I wouldn't expect MWO levels of hardpoints in Mechs either.

As for good medium skirmisher builds centered around the AC/10, the Centurion is exactly that straight out of the box.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

You'll never cram all that poo poo on without endo, ferro , dhs, etc.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

You'll never cram all that poo poo on without endo, ferro , dhs, etc.

ah dang you're right

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Isn't Ferro just becoming a thing in 3025? Could be a late game toy, and there are lostech robots with endo...

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Anticheese posted:

Isn't Ferro just becoming a thing in 3025? Could be a late game toy, and there are lostech robots with endo...

DCMS doesn't reacquire FF until the 3040s. As always, their's a SL cache with lostech somewhere...

You know, if you found a lostech mech with FF armor, and no spare plate... How do you repair it?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Fair enough. I just recall slapping on FF plates in MekHQ around that time period, and thought that they were available. :shobon:

When it comes to the endo mechs, you can still repair structural damage, but god help you if you lose a limb.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Amechwarrior posted:

You know, if you found a lostech mech with FF armor, and no spare plate... How do you repair it?

You better hope your GM says you found a lostech cache of armor right next to it, of course.

Much like the entire conceit of lostech, it's really just more problems all the way down if you start asking questions.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I vaguely recall that being a thing in the original Mechwarrior. There was a mech, maybe the Marauder, that had lostech armor and whenever it got repaired it would lose a bit of max armor value as the good 'ole Star League poo poo got replaced with the janky 3025 stuff.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Pattonesque posted:

You can check it out in a video shortly!

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

So we had an idea in the goon BT discord:

Take a Hunchback 4P - The one with lasers.
Replace all mediums with smalls and max armor with remaining 4 tons.
Use mech to punch and then unleash 9 SML every round as you are heat neutral.

PUNCHBACK

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Amechwarrior posted:

PUNCHBACK

I wasn't paying attention in discord when you guys were talking about this, but I independently went and made this mech earlier and called it a punchback when I did.

Very bizarre.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

There's hardly anything else it could be called.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

do any of you nerds stream this?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Pattonesque posted:

With the Evasive skill they just become my "wait behind a hill until the enemy engaged then just wreck face"ambusher. Combining them with some kind of fire support is super nasty.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Amechwarrior posted:

PUNCHBACK

Can't do it cause Smalls use different hardpoints from Mediums. Gotta wait for the Firestarter for real melee shenanigans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DatonKallandor posted:

Can't do it cause Smalls use different hardpoints from Mediums. Gotta wait for the Firestarter for real melee shenanigans.
You would hope that you could replace any normal hardpoint (Ballistic, Missile, Energy) with a small Support Weapon...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Why would that possibly work like that? Kind of defeats the purpose of having hardpoints?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Q_res posted:

Why would that possibly work like that? Kind of defeats the purpose of having hardpoints?
:shrug: I just want a Punchback and fitting a smaller gun into a hardpoint sounds logical on a really simple level to me.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

You can check it out in a video shortly!

badass

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

:shrug: I just want a Punchback and fitting a smaller gun into a hardpoint sounds logical on a really simple level to me.

If they ever put the Charger in the game it'll probably be the closest thing to this

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

SUPER PUNCHBACK!

http://i.imgur.com/qzzQI6k.mp4

And a bonus Locust

http://i.imgur.com/jCld6HI.mp4

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 12, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I was hoping that would take out his CT, hah

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
There will apparently be something shown about the campaign soon at the PC Games Show at E3.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Wonder when the next version of the beta is coming through? I assume they'll be patching and getting feedback on those.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

https://youtu.be/IBJ7fbbTDA0

First look at the Argo and your crew from E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr9Q25WPids

Q_res fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 12, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Oh lord they left the Argo parked in the Detroit system. I guess that confirms we find it as salvage. Sitting on blocks, in space.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Hmm? A spaceship for your Command Center? Sounds like some other successful tactics game...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zaodai posted:

Oh lord they left the Argo parked in the Detroit system. I guess that confirms we find it as salvage. Sitting on blocks, in space.
:golfclap:

Rygar201 posted:

Hmm? A spaceship for your Command Center? Sounds like some other successful tactics game...
:barf:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wonder when the next version of the beta is coming through? I assume they'll be patching and getting feedback on those.

They've actually committed to only adding multiplayer at some point. I'd presume there will be a general patch at that time. But it doesn't look like they're putting much into maintaining the beta.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, in all likelihood the patch adding multiplayer is the only patch we'll see during Beta. Maybe they'll adjust some stuff in that patch, for the purposes of feedback, but based on what they've said I wouldn't expect too much.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Given how much theyv'e been soliciting feedback I kind of figured they would try iterating their patches.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Well with XCOM2's expansion and TW:W2 dominating the strategy window from late August to late September I expect release in late October or November.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Does anyone else think the mechanic looks an awful lot like Penn Gillette?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Who the what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

^^^^^
Total War: Warhammer 2

Anticheese posted:

Does anyone else think the mechanic looks an awful lot like Penn Gillette?

I thought he looked like a weird gorilla man with a robot arm, but I think that's because the cartoonish proportions are more pronounced on larger characters.