Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hulk Hogan Eggman Classic and Hulk Hogan Eggman Modern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
To answer the Editor question, the Editor in question was Justin Gabrie, who was a colossal loving tool and a complete poo poo of a writer. He would use the OP Eds at the end of each issue to rant about Star Wars or whatever else he watched like it was his blog, from all accounts he was a lazy rear end in a top hat who couldn't be bothered to put his foot down and go "Okay knock it off" while his two head writers were literally scratching each others eyes out, and then there's his writing. Hoo boy.

Let me introduce you to a motherfucker by the name of Tommy Turtle

Also that's, and I poo poo you not this is his name, Snoop Doggy Dog in the background. Anyway, Tommy Turtle was the never before mentioned best friend of Sonic and Sally, Sonic and Tommy had a Turtle and the Hare thing going on, after a couple of fake-out deaths and a robot-duplicate, Tommy joined the 'Brain Trust' of Knothole, then he saved everyones lives over and over again. Then he cried over some nanites that bonded too him and let him make a jetpack and wings and be super awesome. Then Eggman's AI Son A.D.A.M. took him over, and he sacrificed himself to save everyone. What a hero.

When he wasn't writing about his OC Self-Insert, he was writing about inane bullshit like the TRUE original Freedom Fighters.

Formed by Colonel Tig Stripe and featuring, MP Bull Bones, Sir Peckers, Trey Scales, Spot Long. They were the REAL original Freedom Fighters, the ones who inspired Sonic and Sally and they were totally kicking Eggman's rear end until Trey Scales betrayed them. See, this is the poo poo he was doing when he was supposed to be getting his writers under control. Justin Gabrie was a lazy poo poo who didn't once do his job as the loving editor.

EDIT: I mean what kind of Editor would let this be published?

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 12, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

thinking about sonic today goons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kelp Plankton posted:

thousands of moustache combinations, unprecedented level of control over body fat distribution, finally YOU are The Eggman

sneak preview:

<--

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Me too, it's a great feeling.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Beasteh posted:

:same:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I want to be powerful and fast like sonic, how bout u?

(If you want to be strong like knuckles or smart like tails that's OK too)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

beep by grandpa posted:

(If you want to be strong like knuckles or smart like tails that's OK too)

Yeah, but unlike him, I chuckle.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, but unlike him, I chuckle.

I'd rather flex my muscles knuckles

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
New Sonic Forces footage for all three gameplay styles

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kelp Plankton posted:

thousands of moustache combinations, unprecedented level of control over body fat distribution, finally YOU are The Eggman

sneak preview:

Two things I love here:

1) The Jack Kirby-esque Celestial Host-esque outfits the various Eggmen are wearing

2) That, while Eggman's design was always wonderfully goofy, it is especially goofy compared to the other designs

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

The other 3 people on that couch are trying way too hard to sound excited about things they already know.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why isn't there a SONIC PRO WRESTLING spinoff party game where I can tag team as all of those robotnikmen.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vex is BACK, baby!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Is Classic Sonic using the drop dash?

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

Is Classic Sonic using the drop dash?

Believe I saw him do so in the original Green Hill video too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gameplay of the Green Hill boss for the only upcoming Sonic game that matters and will actually be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GZbQgtGLY

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gotta admit, I like what they showed in that clip of Forces. It's cool having all the characters part of the plot again and the mid-stage dialogue doesn't seem overly annoying. And that boss fight is pretty charming.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got like 15 seconds into this and it looks like it suuuuuucks.

I have yet to play a 3D sonic and enjoy it though, so maybe it's just me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If Vector does not tell me at some point to find a computer room in this game I am going to consider his inclusion totally wasted.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So I opened the video and took one look at the people actually demoing the game and I'm like whaaaaaaa

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol @ Silver being there.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Modern sonic looks awesome as always, just wish they'd shown more than 3 seconds past where the original trailer ends

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It still looks very "Colors 3D sections" to me, towards the end of the segment it kinda looked like it was starting to widen out a bit? I dunno, supposedly we're getting more gameplay later so I'll see.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 4, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Frankston posted:

Gameplay of the Green Hill boss for the only upcoming Sonic game that matters and will actually be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GZbQgtGLY

jesus these guys are bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

beep by grandpa posted:

Why isn't there a SONIC PRO WRESTLING spinoff party game where I can tag team as all of those robotnikmen.

Shadow can even start the G.U.N. Club.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol @ Silver being there.

Silver and Blaze don't even know nor care what they're doing here anymore. They're unstuck in time and space and just go along with whatever happens.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Onmi posted:

Snoop Doggy Dog in the background.

Actually it was Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg which is possibly even sillier.

Flynn did not consider Sleuth to be interesting and eventually retired him. (As in Sleuth literally retired.) And leadership of his gang the Destructix went to the more interesting Fiona Fox.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

So it's Generations 2 but with Sonic's buddies (and Eggman) providing stage commentary?

That's near exactly what I want.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually it was Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg which is possibly even sillier.

Flynn did not consider Sleuth to be interesting and eventually retired him. (As in Sleuth literally retired.) And leadership of his gang the Destructix went to the more interesting Fiona Fox.

You mean Tails' girlfriend who was a robot until she suddenly wasn't a robot anymore?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kurieg posted:

You mean Tails' girlfriend who was a robot until she suddenly wasn't a robot anymore?

The original Fiona was an auto-automaton from her first appearance. They were stated from their first appearance to be designed for infiltration and impersonation. The idea that there was a real Fiona somewhere is a natural conclusion to make, and having Tails coming to terms with the idea his crush was a real person he couldn't project on would have been a good way to show how he'd grown up.

Shame Penders wasted it on love triangle bullshit and saddling both Tails and Sonic with out of character actions that Ian had to clean up.

But Ian managed to turn Fiona into a pretty interesting character afterwards, all the same.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Sonic Forces looking cool. Sonic Mania looking cool. What a great year for Sonic!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

turboraton posted:

Sonic Forces looking cool. Sonic Mania looking cool. What a great year for Sonic!

:yeah:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Very bizarre interview with members with Sonic Team.

quote:

What happened to all of the Super Emeralds?

Iizuka: The Super Emeralds really only existed in the Sonic & Knuckles game and that's the only place they're going to exist in the Modern versions of Sonic the Hedgehog we have now.

Hoshino: They're gone. I don't know how it happened, but they're gone.

This quote got a laugh out of me.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I got like 15 seconds into this and it looks like it suuuuuucks.

I have yet to play a 3D sonic and enjoy it though, so maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I agree. It looks so bad, God. And the 2D physics look like total garbage. And all those lovely friends... urrrggh. No, thanks.

Sonic Mania is preordered though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the game looks pretty cool. The people playing it were just garbage at it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

What happened to all of the Super Emeralds?

Iizuka: The Super Emeralds really only existed in the Sonic & Knuckles game and that's the only place they're going to exist in the Modern versions of Sonic the Hedgehog we have now.

Hoshino: They're gone. I don't know how it happened, but they're gone

*Sigh*

and I bet you knuckles doesnt even care..........smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the super emeralds never existed

hyper sonic was all in your mind