Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Phew, that's a load off my super human shoulders.

I'll want a detailed recap of what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Got to go to the library, the Blood Angels nerd got his arm blown off by a booby trapped book, and we beat the crap out of a horde of heretics. Ate some brains, tracked down their hideout and found out that they don't know where the grave is hidden, so their plan B is to kick off a war and see if the archaeotech strangeness goes off. A bunch of sentinels showed up, and I got to go all Revengeance of one of them!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Some more details:

Interrogation revealed warpsmith to be named Lord Pugin.

In the library fight, a stealth suited-operative had a meltagun v meltagun duel with Agatone. When he was somewhat inevitably blown to chunks by heavy bolter fire, Agatone realized he'd been heavily augmented in a shockingly similar fashion to Sgt. Haytham. Even his brain was harder to read than others, but they recovered the memory of Pugin boasting that he'd stolen the augmentation techniques from the Inquisition.

Also in the fights, the baddies were actually able to semi-reliably damage the Kill-Team members through heavy use of Krak Grenades and sneakiness. They came prepared!

Kalderich blinded a combat servitor with his acid spit, and Bastion used Decerius' prone body as a ramp to do a leaping charge between library floors.

Decerius survived, he's chilling in a warehouse and calling for the chapter serfs driving his shuttle to come down and pick him up.

The cult's plan to spark a war involves planting a bunch of Synnibarr Sunburst flowers near all the populated areas, which is a rare flower whose pollen has a mild stimulant effect. When combined with certain drugs however, this effect builds and builds to the point of insanity and frenzy. There was a note that the chemicals had been distributed to all the food vendors. Like the ones you guys ate from. Incidentally, back when you guys ate the tourist food, I secretly made a bunch of GM rolls!

Tee hee!

That sniper guy from before started sniping at Kalderich, calling him "Son of Manus" and saying he was going to shoot him five more times to make the count between them even, then end it with the sixth. Kind of a murder grudge! He got a hit in, then the team set everything on fire to make a smoke screen and engage the modified Sentinels on their own terms.

Incidentally Rockopolis, that weird fire-breathing Imperial Fists successor chapter I was thinking of was the Fire Lords. "Another unusual practice of the Chapter is for individual Fire Lords to have their teeth replaced with shards of razor-sharp stone, each with the appearance of a primitive arrowhead or spear tip. When they bite down, their clenched jaws spark, igniting their Promethium-swilled breath. They can then send a gout of flame into an enemy's face when engaged in close combat." One shows up in Legion of the Damned. There's always more 40k lore to learn, huh?

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 22, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Okay, that is sweet. "We have no need to spit acid, when we can just drink gas and spit fire!"
Have to remember to check using acid spit off the list of weirdass Space Marine powers.

Also laughing at the flower name. I had though you said Cinnabar.
Also I should probably take the 85, i ate the most food. Besides, my huge toughness and my freakish biology (another power, check) means I have a decent chance of tanking it.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
I kept track of who rolled the 85. What you don't know yet is what they got for the re-roll the Oolitic Kidney gives you. I think this is up to date:

• Secondary Heart - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength and Toughness
  • Ossmodula - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Toughness
  • Biscopea - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength
  • Haemastamen - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength and Toughness
  • Larraman's Organ - Passive, Immune to Blood Loss, True Grit Talent
    • Kalderich took a real mean sniper shot to the arm.
  • Catalepsean Node - Passive, no penalties to Perception from prolonged awakeness.
  • Preomnor - +20 Toughness vs Poison Gotta be careful of that street vendor food.
  • Omophagea - 420 EAT BRAINS ERRY DAY
    • I think this is the most this organ has ever gotten used?
  • Multi-lung - Reroll drowning&asphyxiation, +30 vs gases & reroll, breathe water.
  • Occulobe - Passive, Heightened Senses (Sight) Talent
  • Lyman’s Ear - Passive, Heightened Senses (Hearing) Talent
  • Sus-an Membrane - Suspended animation
  • Melanchromic Organ - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Toughness, resist radiation
  • Oolitic Kidney - Reroll vs Poison
    • If at first you don't succeed...
  • Neuroglottis - Taste Poison, smell Poison, Track
    • Just tested it out at the noble's residence
  • Mucranoid - Reroll Toughness vs Temperatures
  • Betcher’s Gland - ACID SPIT!
    • About 0.03 cc/minute
    • Blinded a murder servitor real good.
  • Progenoids - Harvested to make new Space Marines
    • We haven't lost anyone, but we did get them from the pilot
  • Black Carapace - Passive, armor interface

Next adventure, I'm throwing y'all into space. Or underwater.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Awww, I missed a fun one!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Eponymous posted:

Next adventure, I'm throwing y'all into space. Or underwater.

I'm suddenly concerned for the safety of my gun caddy

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Well, we haven't had the opportunity to use a boarding torpedo lately. Foil his plans on the planet, pursue him to his ship and blow him up. Blow up the ship, too. Maybe surf back down to the planet aboard the wreckage.

Hope everyone remembers to wear their helmet or use their third lung.

Bastion's interrogation style, where he just negs the subject into bragging about their secrets, is called "pride and ego down" by the US Army. I don't think the Army has a term for cracking open someone's skull and sucking out the delicious knowledge inside.
Since I don't have the Interrogate skill, I think this just Bastion being Bastion.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Everybody good for this Sunday?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Everybody good for this Sunday?

Yep!

...By the way, what's the XP cost to go Primaris?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yep!

Would going Primaris double your wounds?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, I'm in for Sunday.

Do Primaris Marines have any more or less of the freaky Space Marine abilities?

susan
Jan 14, 2013
They have 3 more organs, which sounds promising :P .

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I'm in for Sunday.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Question for those who missed last session: was there XP?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I believe so? At least 500 xp.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

It was indeed 500xp, I grabbed command and interrogate.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Who cares about the xp when I missed a seemingly bitchin' session.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Game this Sunday! It's been a while, but I kinda remember somebody saying they might have a problem with scheduling this one, so I thought I'd ask early.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Game this Sunday! It's been a while, but I kinda remember somebody saying they might have a problem with scheduling this one, so I thought I'd ask early.

Father's Day scheduling problems? Not a problem for me, of course (hangin' out with Dad in the afternoon), but I thought someone mentioned it was a problem...?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Father's day was weeks ago here, so I'm good to shoot some heretiks.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I'm good - Father's day is usually a go-out-for-breakfast thing, will be done before game.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Hey y'all sorry for the short notice I might be MIA this week, we had to do some last minute father's day rescheduling. Sorry in advance, someone can drive Kalderich if you want. He's easy. Just Use Gun On Man.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I won't be able to make this week's one, going to be across the country at a Warmachine team event.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Glad you posted, because I am going to be away, too.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I am also going to be out this upcoming weekend. Feels real flaky on my part to not be available two sessions in a row, but I've got a long-standing prior obligation to go to Chicago and look at dinosaurs in the Field museum.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Sounds like Bastion's got a lonely weekend with the Pain Glove.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So three down, should we be looking to reschedule?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's the summer, I'd say. July seems hosed up.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Sounds like a bad weekend for everyone. Or actually, a really good time for a lot of us, but not great for game purposes. In any case, no game this Sunday.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Also, in my spare time at work over the past few weeks, I turned my dumb damage spreadsheet into a dumb weapon comparison website. Right now the database only has the Lascannon and Heavy Bolter stats in it, and the Dice Damage stat is derived from averages. I haven't gotten to figuring out how to display the min/median/max damage for each weapon, right now it's just dice average.

Anyways. Here it is. It's pre-loaded with the Lascannon and Heavy Bolter base stats, but you can add weapons to the charts and change their stats to see the impact that Might Shot or whatever might have.

http://40calc.com/Tools/DamageCalculator

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I've realised I'm not available this next session either, although I think I then go back to normal quiet Sundays.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Anybody except Brother Agatone not good for this Sunday?

+++++

Kill-Team Sigma,

Arm yourselves for Space Hulk boarding and exploration, and depart immediately. Details on what you will find are scarce as ever, but for once we are unlikely to be beaten to our destination. How long we will have it to ourselves is another matter.

Ever vigilant,
Inquisitor Lexington

+++++

Congrats, you guys are now Distinguished gentlemen with precisely enough XP to be Rank 3. This massive power jump is in no way indicative of the threat you are likely to face, so you can probably spend your 60 requisition on cool t-shirts and stuff.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
LIGHTING CLAWS!!!!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Welp, spent 1000XP and got a Familiar Servo Skull. A relic of some grumpy librarian. "I'm too old for this poo poo."
Boosted Willpower and Weapons Skill, and got Probability Shield, to boost the Kill Team.

Requisitioned a Psychic Hood and my usual Force Sword - 10 points left if anyone needs it, or alternatively if anyone has spare points left over I upgrading to a Master Force Sword costs 25 points.
I imagine the Imperial Fists version of the Psychic Hood looks like a little castle, maybe like a Mural Crown. "No such thing as too fortified."

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 10, 2017

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

And here's me having got the Sutur's Breath and Cleanse and Purify anyway, right in advance of a space hulk. I also pushed Int to 70.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I feel like I should get a flamer... or whatever would make me something more than a tag along for Haytham.

Space Hulk Deathwing does make power claws seem like a sexy option.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Epon, question: If I get 'Signature Wargear', can I get a *pair* of Lightning Claws, since they're well under the 70 Req limit, and they're designed to be purchased in pairs anyway?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

susan posted:

Epon, question: If I get 'Signature Wargear', can I get a *pair* of Lightning Claws, since they're well under the 70 Req limit, and they're designed to be purchased in pairs anyway?

70 is the limit for Sig Wargear (Hero), which we're miles off. We can get plain old Sig wargear (20 points), and upgrade it to sig wargear(master) which gives 40 and an ability with the item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

70 is the limit for Sig Wargear (Hero), which we're miles off. We can get plain old Sig wargear (20 points), and upgrade it to sig wargear(master) which gives 40 and an ability with the item.

Oh dang, misread.

Oh well, I mean Lightning Claw pairs are only 45 Req, so most missions should be just fine anyway, and when we're poor I can slum it with Power Swords just fine.

• Locked thread