Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/874355499935776769

Huge milestone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anyone able to enhance the pixels to find out what time of night the poor bastard is working?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
no but my functioning eyes tell me those windows in the background suggest mid day

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sunswipe posted:

Anyone able to enhance the pixels to find out what time of night the poor bastard is working?

The light coming through the windows is also a clue

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

DapperDon posted:

I would be more than happy to post my entire posting history to prove you absolutely wrong about that.
Do it pussy, you won't.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This thread hasn't had a nice meltdown in a while. Save us DapperDon.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

What the heck are those things under the bottom left of his monitor?

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
voodoo fethishes of his nuts

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

thatguy posted:

Do it pussy, you won't.

Hold my beer....

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

phosdex posted:

What the heck are those things under the bottom left of his monitor?

Beet Wagon fanart, apparently

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those are just some sculptures he did. Means he can actually sculpt which is cool.

What's not cool is having to fix a dashboard of some asset that was sold last year and shouldn't need fixing since it's not even in the game(s).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foo Diddley posted:

Beet Wagon fanart, apparently

Beet Wagon is actually Calix.

Mind is blown.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
ground floor on this leak.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

The light coming through the windows is also a clue

Just lol if you don't think the Crobbler's brilliance doesn't illuminate the office 24 hours a day.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:eyepop:

:vince:

Sandi's interns are the best.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Ubisoft just announced a game where you can buy a physical spaceship and stick it on your controller and then play with it in game.

https://youtu.be/0Bgqb7hshQ4

RubberJohnny fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 12, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DapperDon posted:

You don't get to tell me how to play Star Citizen!

Nope, but you are being played

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs&t=684s
This but with Star Citizen and Sandi's terrible acting.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What the gently caress happened to 3.0!?

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Also Ubisoft just announced Beyond Good and Evil 2, which seems to just be Star Citizen with a better artstyle.

A "seamless online world" where you can travel down to cities and fly around in massive capital ships.

That's quite a departure.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Why is the updated dashboard part of "ShipGraveyard"? It's maybe a special derelict model for found wrecks, or something like that? It doesn't look like he's working on the dashboard. It looks like he's working on a wreck.

I do like how all the extensions are "cry".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What the gently caress happened to 3.0!?

Two weeks. Which will bring us close to July. Mind blown.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lladre posted:

Thread getting :reddit: again.

ninjabuns to the rescue

...we're gonna need a bigger bun

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beet Wagon is actually Calix.

Mind is blown.

* screams into old-timey radio*

ABORT! ABORT! MY COVER'S BLOWN!!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay I thought you were just saying "it's comparable to SATABall" but wow it really looks like the same thing. Were these the people contracted by CIG to make that game mode, and this is some cheap asset reuse? Or was Chris's vision just a completely generic ripoff of Ender's Game to the point that people working in parallel came up with exactly the same style?

SATABall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aN-3bD0fX8

Echo Arena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjXi9vPLNk0

37s not long enough to get hotline miami out of ones system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT8783ju3bI

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Free TopHat!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

ninjabuns to the rescue

...we're gonna need a bigger bun

So today I discovered black otter rex rabbit's and that they are cool as gently caress.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

* screams into old-timey radio*

ABORT! ABORT! MY COVER'S BLOWN!!

But I thought Ben ate all the ham radios...

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've endured enough of this shitshow that I'd rather it fail in whatever manner hurts the least amount of people still working for CIG. A sudden collapse isn't going to do anything but generate tons of schadenfreude and gently caress over real people with real bills to pay because Roberts is a scamming parasite. The backers who are left are a lost cause, and even if the game collapses they'll still hold on to the faint vestige of hope that maybe another company will pick up the flag or they could do some idiotic community generated effort. Nevermind that the gaming industry has already seen the space game market blow up, get saturated to the point where loving Call of Duty embarrassed themselves with an attempt, and move on to whatever's next (maybe if CIG actually went to E3 instead of lying about hoping to attend they might notice that).

So yeah, let's see Squadron 42. Let's see the masses enjoy Chris Robert's magnum opus.

You take that back. Infinite Warfare was a drat good game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

You take that back. Infinite Warfare was a drat good game.

holy loving AV lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DapperDon posted:

So today I discovered black otter rex rabbit's and that they are cool as gently caress.

:same:

e: see you in the 'furse

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

So Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been announced (gently caress YES) by Ubisoft but apparently it's just a clone jumping on the bandwagon of Star Citizen's enormous success. :allears:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

quote:

It wouldn't call it an SC clone, AAAs just realized how much money they were missing out on by not making space games so they let a developer actually innovate.
Cool world, but every single thing was CGI, I'm waiting for actual gameplay.

quote:

every single thing was CGI

:psyduck:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Latin Pheonix posted:

So Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been announced (gently caress YES) by Ubisoft but apparently it's just a clone jumping on the bandwagon of Star Citizen's enormous success. :allears:

Really looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2, a real space game with actual character and story that'll pretty much be 100% possibility of being released without sucking a bunch of nerds wallets dry.

Anything that is a :reddit: percieved threat to SC (basically any game that has ships and/or basic gameplay) is just a clone of SC, even though SC is likely years behind on development. The fact that they have an obvious fear of BGaE2 being an actual game that gets actually released just makes it even better. :D Ah, :reddit: , you guys are always so cute when you're feeling threatened by real competancy.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They can spot CGI when it isn't CIG making it, yet cannot detect it when CIG do nothing but CGI :D

Adorable aren't they? :D

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I know people have been asking for BG&E2 for years and years now, but I've never played the first one. I feel shame.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hobold posted:

I know people have been asking for BG&E2 for years and years now, but I've never played the first one. I feel shame.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15130/Beyond_Good_and_Evil/

Couple of quid on Steam, it's quite an old game now and has the obvious tarnish of older games, but it's a good solid and fun sci fi bash. :) Also it's still way more of a game than SC will ever be :)

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
For space games that are out and apparently good, Rebel Galaxy is free with any purchase on gog.com during their sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Space Crabs posted:

It's funny how development has gone from Simultaneous development and release of the MMO and Squadron 42.

Then to a lengthened alpha stage for the MMO and release of Squadron 42.

Then to the MMO seemingly being forgotten with all releases about Squadron 42 motion capture.

Then talk of the Squadron 42 prelude with Squadron 42 pushed back.

Then talk of the prelude being pushed back, The MMO completely forgotten.

Now a focus on hacking together a 3.0 release as soon as possible for the MMO.

It's pretty obvious what is going on. They keep having less and less money with which to develop and have been reacting by refactoring the development. To the point where now their only hope is to hack out a 3.0 to monetize backers enough to hack out the prelude to monetize backers enough to hack out Squadron 42 to monetize backers enough to hack out Star Citizen.

I'm torn between wanting to see Squadron 42 and just having an abrupt collapse one of these days when checks start bouncing and they have nothing to show for it because of the terrible management that's brought things to this point.

Yes, that's basically the game plan now apparently.

My analysis of the 2016 financials just went up btw