Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I love you all.

(and Costco)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ketchup on dogs is good, because there is no combination of Costco condiments on a Costco dog which will make it bad.

Quit being dorks you dorks!

Honestly, I believe that there are certain life choices that each person must make, maybe you would call them "keystone" choices or something. They are choices that define a human being and the sum of their future potential and past learning.

What people choose to put on their hot dog is one of those choices. You can tell a shitload about someone via what they put on their dog.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
hi i'm a goon and i super duper care about what other people put on their own food that they paid for with their own real money and that i will never eat because i'm a loving child and don't understand that different people like different things

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Saw an ambulance parked at Costco while I was getting gas. The driver was eating a 100% all beef dog (plus drink & refill). Looks like Costco was doing the saving today, with fantastic deals

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Taima posted:

Honestly, I believe that there are certain life choices that each person must make, maybe you would call them "keystone" choices or something. They are choices that define a human being and the sum of their future potential and past learning.

What people choose to put on their hot dog is one of those choices. You can tell a shitload about someone via what they put on their dog.

No you can't. I know a lady that drowned her own loving kids and she ate the most bougie sauerkraut and onion dogs you've ever seen.

Shut up with that stupid poo poo.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

hi i'm a goon and i super duper care about what other people put on their own food that they paid for with their own real money and that i will never eat because i'm a loving child and don't understand that different people like different things

We paid ten dollars to post on this dumb site, you're surprised by this behavior?

There's nothing inherently wrong with ketchup on hot dogs, it just implies that you have a completely unrefined palate, and were probably raised by white trash.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Friends, I did it! Yesterday... everything I consumed was bestowed upon me for paltry sums, thanks to Costco. The finest of food and drink goes without saying but the pool chair and umbrella I used while sunning to the beautiful Star Wars blu ray I enjoyed in the evening and even the fine book I took in at bed time. It was sublime. Pbuc

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

All this thread has taught me about Costco is that a bunch of judgemental pricks seem to shop there. May need to re-evaluate getting a membership come fall when we get one.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Obsurveyor posted:

All this thread has taught me about Costco is that a bunch of judgemental pricks seem to shop there. May need to re-evaluate getting a membership come fall when we get one.

Friend the ketchup quandary is as old as time and knows no boundaries. Think not of Costco as flawed but think of humanity as flawed.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Obsurveyor posted:

Life is probably pretty tough for you, huh

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

Life is probably pretty tough for you, huh

Nope, got it pretty good all things considered.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Lol ur broke brain can't see jokes. Sorry my man

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Maybe you should re-evaluate more than just your Costco membership, but rather all of your various life choices on account of being a baby bitch, good lord

Bwahahahaha

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You can put ketchup on a hot dog, but you don't get into sausage Valhalla, pbuc

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

natsea posted:

Are there any good books about Costco or the founders? Just finishing up reading the everything store and am itching for another book.

https://www.amazon.com/Price-Retail-Revolutionary-Social-Innovator/dp/0988680602

Sol Price was Jim Sinegals' mentor at Fed Mart/Price Club. Jim also did the forward. Very good read on the the history and philosophy of warehouse club stores.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
95% of my clothes have now come from Costco and I don't feel bad about it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

slave to my cravings posted:

You are a tue inspiration to us all and I bow to your greatness, friend!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm hitting up Costco on the way home tonight. Probably about an hour before closing (the best time IMHO)

Gotta get a chicken and my Normandy blend veggies. :yum:

Maybe a dog too.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

Let's do that thing where we make a tunnel and then you run through it and we all high five you as you run through.

As long as you don't put ketchup on your dog, that is. But I doubt you would do that, if your Costco-fu is this strong.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Taima posted:

Maybe you should re-evaluate more than just your Costco membership, but rather all of your various life choices on account of being a baby bitch, good lord

Nice meltdown

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I'm hitting up Costco on the way home tonight. Probably about an hour before closing (the best time IMHO)

Gotta get a chicken and my Normandy blend veggies. :yum:

Maybe a dog too.

Maybe? Maybe? Get two dogs you fraud. You coward. Three dogs if you have any spine at all.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah but I wanna have room for delicious rotisserie chicken and normandy blend veggies (with hot sauce)

my Costco cup runneth over.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Nice meltdown

Doubling down on being a baby bitch I see. Anything to avoid the honest introspection that you desperately need.

Keep it up

Proud of you.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Taima posted:

Doubling down on being a baby bitch I see. Anything to avoid the honest introspection that you desperately need.

Keep it up

Proud of you.

lol keep on melting!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dude I don't know what battle you think you're even fighting here in the super serious Costco thread.

I'm going to stop. Feel free to say whatever you want. This really is sad. Continue to feel that you "won" if it makes you feel better.

Sorry to poo poo up the thread guys :/

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
For some reason, I was compelled to get the hot turkey and provolone sandwich today. I rarely get it as the dog/Italian sausage are so enticing, but they had just brought out a new tray and they looked good.

Nice toasty bread, good quality turkey, and the provolone goes well with the basil and garlic. It will never beat the hot dog (and a drink with free refill) for value or take its place in my heart, but it's good that Costco provides so many tasty food options to fit any mood.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The best summer rosé is $11 at Costco versus like $25 at Kroger. Don't let the gimmicky bottle fool you from how excellent this wine is for getting rekt in a hammock.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
To say the 'Tco fails us by offering ketchup with dogs (@1.50 with refill) is to say the 'Tco fails and will cause a schism my friends.

May the ketchup run long and true and meld with its brothers yellow and brown mustard, with optional slaw and chopped onion (Relish GET OUT).

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Went to Costco yesterday but forgot my card. No problem because the friendly customer service people printed me up a temporary pass.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
It's good that Costco offers ketchup, I agree.

I mean, it would be unbecoming of Costco to not offer condiments for the children as a facet of its endless bounty.

Praise be to family friendliness! Praise be to Costco!

Prude fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 12, 2017

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DangerZoneDelux posted:

40lbs of dog for for $25 is a steal. My savages were eating $60 worth of 30lb bags of Blue Buffalo every 3 weeks. $25 a month is worth the entire membership. Good quality too

:stare: You feed your kids 10lbs of hot dogs a week? I mean, sure Kirkland Brand Hot Dogs are wonderful.... but I think you may be unknowingly murdering your children. Check out the produce section maybe.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:stare: You feed your kids 10lbs of hot dogs a week? I mean, sure Kirkland Brand Hot Dogs are wonderful.... but I think you may be unknowingly murdering your children. Check out the produce section maybe.

I uh

Hmm

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Someone's got hot dogs on the brain, I think Pennywise needs to head over to Costco!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

lol

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Let the KIDS!! eat what they want!!

(No don't that's like sodium poisoning)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

Let the KIDS!! eat what they want!!

(No don't that's like sodium poisoning)
Theres a different reason, that everyone is snickering at that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

drat typo. I did quote a post talking about dog food though. Geez