Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Monsterhearts 2: Clone High

Tonight, on a very special episode of Clone High…

Way way back in the 1980s.
Secret government employees
Dug up famous guys and ladies
And made amusing genetic copies…

...but something went wrong. Genetic mutation, a bug in the system, an act of God — call it what you will, something went horribly, terribly wrong.

Now the clones are sexy teens now… with dark, dark secrets.
They’re gonna make it if they try… even if that means acting on their innermost desires.
Loving, learning, sharing, judging… hurting, haunting, manipulating.
Time to laugh, and shiver, and cry… lots of that last one.

Exclamation, USA

As a way to cover the government's horribly failed experiment, the city of Exclamation was founded and opened up to the public. Mysterious, abandoned buildings still dot the town - doors barred by cold steel - but in most ways it resembles your average small town. The Grassy Knoll is even still the best burger joint in a fifty mile radius.

But even though the experiments have integrated themselves into the town's populace - and even though the successful cover-up leaves very few with any memory of the town's sordid past - dark secrets remain.

The dark secrets of… Clone High.

Character Creation

Clone High is a Monsterhearts 2 game themed off - you guessed it - the late ‘90s MTV original animated comedy of the same name. However, as fitting with the game's themes, it will be quite a bit darker and more moody - think Riverdale or Twin Peaks. Of course, the fact that the clones are also monsters adds its own dark twist.

Please pick any playbook from MH2 (aside from the Chosen and Serpentine), but also pick your genetic parentage. Your character is probably not aware of either secret, but could be if it fits your theme. Nobody else in town knows either, unless they have similar reasoning to.

In addition to writing your character's backstory and sheet, answer these questions:
  • Who that you trust has recently let you down?
  • Who has recently made a profound impact on you?
  • What's one place in town that you feel drawn to?
  • What secret did you just find out?

Other stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Jackie, the Hollow

Hello~! I am Jackie and it is so nice to meet you all. I can't believe that there are so many other people in this town! And this school thing! Wow! It's so interesting! The professor said that I shouldn't leave the house... I don't know why he would say that. Is it because I'm different? Because I'm... not a real person? That doesn't matter, does it? I'm sure I can figure things out. How hard can being human really be? The TV made it seem real easy!

...What's that? You want to know why I'm not a real person? Wellll, okay! You gotta promise to keep it a secret, though! The professor made me in the funny machine in his basement. It's like a coffin, kind of, but more people-shaped! He's a big fan of this Jack guy. He got tired of arguing with his friends on the internet about what he must have been like, so he took a bunch of blood and genetics from this England place and mixed them all up and cooked them in his machine. Then I popped out!

It's kind of funny, thinking back, but the professor seemed really sad and confused when I got out of the machine. Well, kind of. He was really excited at first, but then got a weird look in his eyes when he was looking into mine. I wonder why? Didn't he make me to be like this? Anyways, he's been taking care of me and trying to teach me all about the world! But, you know, I haven't seen him in a few weeks. Maybe he locked himself in his office again...? It smells weird down there and I don't like to go there. I think I'll just wait for him to show back up. He can't be gone forever, right?

quote:

Who that you trust has recently let you down?

Well, I would say the professor, but I already told you about that! He was going to get me some ice cream. He promised he would! But he never did...

Uhhhh, but I guess there are some other people. When the professor went missing, it took me a couple of days before I worked up the courage to go outside. But then I got hungry... Do you want to know who the first person I ran into was? I bet you do! It was this super cool guy who goes by Patton. He has a really cool hat! He didn't even get mad when I literally ran into him!

Anyways, he saw that I was new in town and showed me all the coolest places! It was great, super great! Just the best day ever! But here's where things got weird... So I started going to school a day or two later, right? And I saw him again! I was so excited to have a friend in this crazy school place. But... Uh... When I went to talk to him, he pretended like he didn't even know who I was! That's so weird and rude and bad!

...Why would he do that?

quote:

Who has recently made a profound impact on you?

Hmmm... Hmmmmmmmmmm! Well, I guess it might be that guy that runs gym class! What's his face! The big guy. Mr. Kever? I saw him stop a fight between two students. He has huge muscles! It's like he's a statue or something, just totally chiseled! He picked them both up by the scruff of their necks and marched them to the principal's office. I think. I haven't seen them since, but that happens I guess.

Anyways, I want to be like that when I grow up! Super strong and super cool!

quote:

What's one place in town that you feel drawn to?

If you go down past the burger place, there's this shop with all these pointy metal things. It's always closed when I go by, but... When I look at the metal things, I just feel like... I don't know. Like that's what's missing? Like I'll understand everything if I can just get my hands on one of them... They're beautiful. The most beautiful things I've ever seen. I'd ask the professor what that meant, but he's still hiding or something! So rude!

quote:

What secret did you just find out?

I found a place with a bunch of machines that look like the one the professor made me in! It's under the school! I was trying to make up this lab thing for chemistry after school and I accidentally bobbled one of the flasks on the shelf and the wall opened up and there's a huge creepy staircase! How could I just leave that alone? I had to go down the creepy staircase! There were a bunch of vials and bottles in stuff in these big refrigerators and they all had names on them! Like Patton and Lincoln and Cesar and... Well, lots of names! I didn't touch any of them, but I wonder what it means? Why would the professor's stuff be under the school like that? He never went to the school! He barely left the house!

The Hollow posted:

Name: Jackie
Heritage: Jack the Ripper (?)
Look: Earnest
Eyes: Soulless
Origin: A Failed Experiment

Stats:
Hot +1
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark +2

Moves:

A Blank Canvas
When you take an action that embodies one of your Conditions, allowing that Condition to alter your sense of self, cross it off and add 1 to the roll.

Try Harder Next Time
When you screw up, give yourself an appropriate Condition and take 1 Forward.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, both players secretly write down whether the sex was confusing or soothing for their character. If you reveal the same answer, both characters mark experience.

Darkest Self:
Your body is a prison. You don’t belong inside of it. You need to put it in harm’s way, and make it suffer, just like it’s made you suffer. There’s got to be a way to cut yourself out of it. You need to meet your makers, and hold them accountable for what they’ve done to you. To escape your Darkest Self, you must come to see how someone else feels more trapped than you do.

Background:
You’ve been taking your social cues from someone, and doing so has taught you a lot about them. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Someone’s seen through your invented past, and realized it’s all lies. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 8, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll probably do a Queen.

THE QUEEN IS NOBUNAGA ODA.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Thinking a Ghost!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I suppose my life changed at that party. Whether it was a good or a bad change I couldn't really say but the last few months have certainly been interesting. I'm not even sure why I got an invite in the first place I was never the most popular girl in school. I was the tall awkward one with too many freckles and hair that wouldn't stay styled whatever I did to it. Maybe the other girls just invited me along to make them look better. Either way that was where I met him. He was tall, almost the same height as me dark, and unbelievably handsome. He never did give me his name though.

I should have been suspicious when he started talking to me I suppose and then when he started bringing me drinks but I was so flattered that a guy like that would even notice I existed that I let my better judgement fall by the wayside. Big parts of the rest of the night are a blur I remember him suggesting the two of us find somewhere private, I remember being ecstatic because at that point I was convinced I was going to die a virgin. I remember him kissing me and that's about it.

Next thing I know it's 3am and I'm waking up cold sore and alone. And this is the important thing thirsty. Now my first thought was he'd slipped something into my drink and took advantage of me that way. But who'd believe a guy like that was really interested in me? even if I did accuse him how would I prove it?

So I did the only thing I could I pulled myself together and I set off to walk home. Hoping the fresh air would help clear my head and I'd think of something to do. It might have even worked if I hadn't stumbled across that old homeless man, Mr Norton I found out his name was later he stopped me to ask for some change and it was weird I could pick out every detail of his face in the pitch black of the night and as I handed him a dollar I was acutely aware how close he was, how thirsty I was and well instinct kind of took over. It's hard to describe what that felt like feeding for the first time It's like an addict getting his first dose of heroin it's the workingman coming home from a hard days work to a tall, cool glass of whiskey it was like the best sex of your life. It was all those things and so much more. I made quite the mess I'm afraid. And you know what was weird when I stood there covered in his blood at the end I felt good. Better than I had in years.

The other changes would come later, I don't know how it works but I've changed since then my hair seems to have straightened and my skin has cleared up and well lets just say I don't have to wear a push-up bra anymore. Now I had the same hi-school biology lecture as everyone else but I'm pretty sure this isn't just puberty.And then there's the rest, I can see in the dark way better than anyone should be able to and when i'm near someone I can like hear and feel the blood floating round in them. It's not all roses though I can forget about tanning any more, not that it was a great loss anyway with my complexion and well the last time I set foot in church I spewed up like the worst allergic reaction you ever saw.

There's only one explanation for what I am, I'm a monster. Whatever tall dark and handsome did to me it's changed me and this probably sounds crazy but I think he turned me into a vampire. The question is though why? and what can I do about it? Do I even want to do anything about it?

quote:

That'd be Joe my boyfriend. Well ex-boyfriend now. See when I first started changing I went from being a nobody to one of the best looking girls in he class and it got me a lot of attention. And well I was really flattered, and didn't really know how to cope. Joe was the most persistent and he is kind of cute even with that facial hair so I found it really hard to say no. It was great at first having this hot guy follow me around he'd buy me flowers, and chocolates and offer to take me on dates. Then after a while things changed with him, he got like super paranoid any time I talked to another guy. He even accused me of sleeping behind his back with his best friend Leon, (which I wasn't by the way) and we got into a massive row over it. So I dumped him. I don't need that kind of drama on top of everything else. If you can't trust me then I don't want to know you.

quote:

This is gonna sound super-lame but it's true. My younger (half-)brother Eddie. Ever since my Mom walked out over Dad's drinking and womanising. There's just been the two of us who've had to fend for ourselves. Now growing up in that kind of environment you'd expect him to be dumb but he isn't he's smart, scarily so, way smarter than me. With the right support, the right encouragement he's going to go places and even if dad calls him "a little smartass" i'm going to see that he gets the help he needs.

quote:

There's this bar in town The Armada where the bar-tender is notoriously lax about checking ID's. I sneak in there to have a drink every now and then. He even makes a pretty good cocktail, I like a Bloody Mary personally and it's a great place to pick up people for the other kind of drinks...

quote:

Pass the brain bleach I just found out my dad is dating one of my teachers. Yeah like super awkward He was talking about this really great girl he'd found on facebook Anna. Apparently the two of them really hit it off. But then he showed me a picture of her and it's eww Miss Klein the German teacher only she's obviously been real busy with photoshop because that photo barely resembles the way she looks in real life. Still that's my dad's problem I guess.

quote:

Name: Beth King
Look: Smouldering, Lusty eyes,
Skin: Vampire
Origin: Newly Reborn
Heritage: Elizabeth I

Stats:

Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Darkest Self:

Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport -- like a cat does with a mouse. Maybe you’ll even drain them dry, though you’ll certainly take your time first. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Sex Move:

When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on them.

Moves:

Hypnotic

You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong. • On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
  • they realize exactly what you’ve done to them,
  • they gently caress up your commands,
  • their sanity is unhinged.
The Feeding

You feed on hot blood, direct from the source. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed, choose two:
  • you heal 1 Harm,
  • you take 1 Forward,
  • they definitely don’t die.
Advancements:
Your Backstory

You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 9, 2017

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Thinking a reconstructed ghoul Jim Thorpe, greatest athlete of all time. The military would want that kind of body for a clone army.

Jaime

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 11, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

A mortal based on Nellie Bly, pioneering investigative journalist and explorer. Probably not supposed to be cloned, but Nellie was a hellraiser like that.

Shadow Senate Select Committee on (Redacted) Activities posted:

"I almost dread the answer, Director, but I am nonetheless compelled to ask what you hoped to achieve by introducing a sample of a famous journalist and troublemaker into your highly classified and completely unethical cloning program? Did you not consider that achieving your goal of capturing a genetic 'talent' would in this case risk compromising security?"

"Ah...Senator, I appreciate your concern, but the initial purpose of sample NB was to 'stress test' the security of the project. Like a white hat hacker, showing us weaknesses we may have missed. Had the project come to full fruition the sample could have been retrained as any kind of intelligence agent."

"And now? I note that your report has not recommended termination of this, uh, 'sample' despite it having gone missing when the project was closed."

"All due respect, sir, how much harm could one disaffected teenager do to the Shadow Government? She has none of the eccentricities of the other models."

Ellen Bligh rested her face against the car window and sighed. Another town. Another house. Another school. This time, her mom promised, things would be different. This was a real opportunity for them, a place to belong. She'd believed that before, but once bitten twice shy. Nothing was going to make leaving her old friends behind worth it.

Wait, who was that? Ellen felt her heart beat slightly faster as the car went past a stranger on the street.

Maybe this town would be worth checking out after all.

quote:

My Mom promised that we were going to settle down, that she would hold down a job, that we didn't need to keep running across the country. But here we are. Another shithole town in the middle of nowhere. She says this time will be different, but I don't know if I can trust her, or if she even trusts herself. At least this time her job is paying enough for us to live somewhere decent. I don't want to settle in yet in case we have to go again, but it doesn't suck too much.

quote:

There's a teacher at this new school that is young, fresh out of training and full of great new ideas about teaching. Miss Hayer actually seems pretty cool, and she's talked me in to blogging again and taking up photography and maybe starting up a school paper...seems kinda weird the place doesn't have one. It's nice to have someone interested in my life though.

quote:

There's a boarded up asylum down by the river.. Old school, super creepy. I've done a bit of urbex and taken some photos, but only during the day. Feels totally haunted. It's got a bunch of the old equipment still lying around in it, which makes no sense if it was abandoned. I'd love to really turn the place inside out, but...not on my own.

quote:

I think I'm adopted. Mom had to take some medical tests before starting her new job, and I looked at the pre-screening stuff when she wasn't home, and she had a hysterectomy listed in her medical history. A month before I was born. Maybe it's a paperwork error? I haven't asked her yet.

quote:

Name: Ellen Bligh
Heritage: Nellie Bly
Look: Displaced
Eyes: Darting
Origin: New kid in town

Stats
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Backstory
Declare your backstory last.
Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on
you. Take one String on them.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you. Nobody even tries. You do so much
for the people you love, and they walk all over you. Enough is
enough! Betray them. Show them what its like to be uncared
for. Reveal their monstrosity and yours. Only seeing the pain
that you’re causing your Lover will let you escape your Darkest
Self.

Advancement
Add +1 to one of your stats.
Take another Mortal move.
Take another Mortal move.
Take a move from any Skin.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it awakens something
sinister within. The next time you take your eyes off them, they
become their Darkest Self.

True Love
You always have exactly one Lover. The first is chosen
during Your Backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone
else instead, give them a String and they become your new
Lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your Lover’s
heart or fancy.

Downward Spiral
When you Gaze Into the Abyss, you may cause yourself 1
Harm. If you do, add 2 to your roll.

Down the Rabbit Hole
When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for
your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a String
on you, and you mark experience.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 7, 2017

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Did you know that in the REAL version of the Fall of Troy, Helen of Troy was the one who finally claimed the Apple of Discord?

Did you know that magical artifacts can't tell the difference between clones?

quote:

Name: Helena Kallisti
Heritage: Helen of Troy
Look: Girlish
Eyes: Laughing eyes
Origin: Stole the Gift

Stats:
Hot +2
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark +1

Moves:

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them.
When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options to Pulling Strings:
-They gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment, suffering 1 Harm if appropriate
-add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience.
Whenever someone breaks a promise to you, you mark experience.

Sex Move:
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise.
If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self:
Everything you say seems a promise. Everything you hear seems a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in trickery or blood. You aren’t subject to the human rules of mercy.

To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Background:
You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

It's really hard being this beau- bwahahah, no, seriously. It's the best. You get all the attention, everywhere you go. And, when you're as hot as me, you can get anyone you want! It's really just the best. I sort of feel sorry for everyone else

And this year is going to just be great! Parties and all sorts of crazy fun! I mean, we're teenagers. This is the best time of our lives! In fact, this year is already looking up! I mean, just yesterday, I found the most gorgeous necklace. It's a little gold chain with an apple on it. Not like, the Apple apple. That'd be weird. But it does have this a weird inscription on the back, which just makes it even cooler! Like, it's occult or something.

...Yeah, of course you can get a closer look!

Isn't it cool?

quote:

...You really know how to kill the mood, huh? Fiiiine, but after this, no more depressing questions.

Sooooooo, I'm on the cheer team, because of course I am, right? I mean, if I wasn't, they'd probably, like, kidnap me and make me join anyway. So, anyway, we were going to practice our new routine, when Mary didn't show up! All of us wasted the afternoon waiting for her. She just bailed on us, because she had a date!

It makes me so mad! And not just because I wasted the afternoon, either. I just think that people really shouldn't lie. I mean, I don't always pay attention in English (way too many stories about old, dead dudes), but even I know all the famous tragedies started with a lie. I don't want to cause anything like that, so I just decided it's easier to not lie.

quote:

Yes! Much better question. So, Ms. Donna is, like, the coolest teacher! She's the drama teacher, and she's always told us that we need to be "our authentic selves." I know other people laugh at her some, but I think she's the best teacher here!

quote:

Hmmm.... Well, there's a grove out in the woods. It's got some olive trees (which is kinda weird for around here) and there's a lot of old, marble busts of different Greek gods. Most of them were smashed, but the Zeus one was pristine! I actually lost track of time, and ended up spacing out and spending, like, an hour there. I still go there after school sometimes, when I need a moment of quiet to myself.

So, like, almost never, but still... sometimes.

quote:

Ok, I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, ok? I mean it! Promise!

Good. So, I was helping in the library (Don't look at me like that. The librarian is super hot), and I started going through some old papers. Turns out they were maps of the town! Not only is the town, like, 30 years old, which is really weird since a lot of the buildings look older, but there's a bunch of buildings around town that link up together in their basements. I took a few pictures, and I'm going to look into it during the week.

I mean, that's gotta be an awesome spot for a party, right?

...Why'd I make you promise not to tell? Oh, because I wanna throw the first party there. Still! You promised!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 8, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fiona Erikson, the Werewolf

It's all bullshit.

This town? Bullshit. The people? Bullshit. The school? Yea, you get the idea. It's all nothing but loving bullshit, and I can't wait to get out of this lovely podunk town.

What was that? I'm the one with the attitude problem? Yea, well, gently caress you too, buddy. The only "problem" I have around here is with jack-offs like you. You're like everybody else in this town; you smile and you act all nice and neighborly, but the moment, the moment anyone becomes an inconvenience, you turn your back on them, and pretend like they don't exist anymore. Oh, you could help them, but that would be way too loving inconvenient for you, wouldn't it?

"You're not like that?" Hah! Hahahaha! That's the funniest loving joke I've heard all day! I can smell it, you know? The stink that's coming off of you. You smell like the rest of them; like a bunch of dirty, back-stabbing rats.

I learned, the hard way, that the only things you can depend on in this world are you, and your own, and if someone wrongs you, then you pay them back twice as hard. If someone pushes you, you push them back harder. If they break your nose, you break their loving arms. It's all about showing them that you're not to be hosed with.

Don't like it? Tough poo poo. I don't care if you like it or not, now will you get the gently caress out of my face? You're really starting to piss me off, and trust me, buddy...

...I'm the last person you ever want to piss off.

quote:

My sorry excuse for a loving "dad," that's who. It's my fault for thinking things would be loving different this time. Why did I ever think the man who abandoned his wife and children for ten loving years would change? Guess what; nothing changed when he came back to us. Once a deadbeat, always a loving deadbeat, and, like the scumbag that he is, he left us after mooching some money off our mom, again.

And people wonder why I don't consider that fucker my "dad."

quote:

That'd be one of the few people I can depend on; my brother, Leaf. Leaf's a good kid, even if he can be a bit too naive and trusting sometimes, and he can get really annoying with all the God talk (He's a hardcore Christian), but he's always there for me, even if I haven't always been there for him. He's always getting me out of trouble, and when I asked him why he keeps looking out for me, he told me, "It's the Christian thing to do."

I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain. Leaf is important to me, and if anybody even thinks about messing with him, then they'd have to deal with me, first.

quote:

...This is going to sound incredibly loving lame, but I actually find myself going to the Age of Explorers Museum a lot. It's... well, it's about what you'd expect; it's a museum dedicated to the human history of exploration. Yea, I know, I don't exactly look like the type of girl who'd hang around a museum, but- and you better not loving laugh- I just love reading about all these famous explorers, and all the poo poo they discovered. Can't really tell ya why, but reading about all these explorers makes me wanna explore the world myself one of these days. Don't know if I'll ever get a chance to do it, but hey, it's nice to dream sometimes.

quote:

So, I've got a pretty keen sense of smell. I can smell things most normal people can't, like the loving stench that most of the people in the town have. So I found it really loving weird that Father Maxwell- the head priest at my brother's church- has no smell. Everyone has a smell to them, except for him. It's like he's not even there most of the time.

I did a little digging, and guess what I found out; Maxwell isn't his real name. It's actually Victor Frank. I tried to find out more about him, but all I got was a name, and something about him working with the government at one point. What the hell is this guy doing with a fake name?

Normally, I wouldn't give a poo poo, but this rear end in a top hat's connected to my brother, and I swear to whatever God out there, if he does anything to hurt my brother, then there's nothing in this loving world that'll stop me from shredding him into tiny bloody pieces.

The Werewolf posted:

Name: Fiona Erikson
Heritage: Erik the Red
Look: Unkempt
Eyes: Fierce Eyes
Origin: Ancestral power

Stats:
Hot +2
Cold -1
Volatile +1
Dark -1

Moves:

 Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

 Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self:
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Background:
You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2017

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dickie Milhous

WIP. Let's get meta.

The Infernal posted:

Name: Dickie Milhous
Heritage: Richard Nixon
Look: Quiet
Eyes: Calculating Eyes
Origin: Bohemian Grove

Stats:
Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile +2
Dark +1

Moves:

 Soul Debt
You owe a debt to a Dark Power. Name it, and choose two Bargains it has made with you.

Dark Power: The Navigator, representing MOLOCH

The Dark Power can gain Strings. If ever it has 5 Strings on you, trigger your Darkest Self.

 Dark Recruiter
When you bring an innocent soul to the Dark Power, mark experience.

Bargains:

 Uncanny Voices
You can give the Dark Power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose which.)

 Strings Attached
You can ask the Dark Power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move:
When you have sex, the Dark Power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self:
You find yourself shivering, needy, and alone. The Dark Power will make some daunting, open-ended demands. Every demand fulfilled brings you closer to feeling whole again, and removes one of the Dark Power’s Strings on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the Dark Power is out of Strings, or you make a bargain with an even more dangerous entity.

Background:
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the Dark Power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 7, 2017

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

"We're gonna dig up the truth!"

Mick, the Witch

It all started in such an innocuous way. One day, instead of my horrible anxieties clouding my judgment, I saw a light. A burning red light, pointed at the head of the Journalism Club, Piper DePhil. The light showed me the truth: she was an incorrigible drug user.

I told a few people about it, since I had to, of course. The truth can't stay hidden, after all. But they were derisive to me, and the rumors about her--and me--spread around the school. Vicious, these people. I clearly needed something stronger than my word. An object. Proof.

I tried to find some evidence in her locker, but all I could scrape up was a picture of her boyfriend. But then the light glowed again. This was it.

I focused on it for what seemed like hours, in my room. This was the truth. I could feel it. "I need the truth from you," I told this face in the photo. And I could feel it reaching her.

The next morning, I asked her flat-out, "How do you have the energy to do all this?" And she fainted. When she woke up, she told the nurse everything. She was dabbling in a designer drug for gaining energy and tripping out. She used it so she could keep up with her schoolwork and still have a social life.

And then the red light targeted more students. It wasn't just the one drug, but other deplorable acts. Drugs, sex, blackmail... The list goes on.

It really is up to me to make it right. As long as I can make them see the error of their ways, the school will be a better place. And people will associate me with truth instead of "baseless gossip." All in one fell swoop.

Isn't that neat?

quote:

Name: Mick Arthur
Heritage: Joseph McCarthy
Look: Lithe
Eyes: Smirking
Origin: Woke

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Skin Moves
Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from Sympathetic Tokens - items of personal significance taken from others. Sympathetic Tokens count as Strings.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a Sympathetic Token during a secret ritual, or meet the target's gaze and chant at them in tongues. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can be easily reversed. On a 7-9 it works, but choose one:
+ the casting does you 1 Harm;
+ the Hex has weird side effects;
+ trigger your Darkest Self.

Hexes
Ring of Lies
Whenever the person attempts to lie, they hear a piercing ringing noise. Big lies will often make their knees buckle and disorient them. Severe lies can cause harm or even brain damage.

Illusions
Pick one: snakes and bugs, demonic visages, false prophecies, or non-existent subtext. The hexed sees that thing everywhere. You have no control over the exact images or manifestations.

Sex Move
After sex you can take a Sympathetic Token from them. They know about it, and it's cool.

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You're too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace with the one you have hurt the most.

Background
You start the game with two Sympathetic Tokens. Decide whose and what they are.

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend's stuff, but hasn't said anything. They get a String on you.

I'm a very defensive person at heart, so I'm cautious about who I share my visions with. The problem is, I was quickly overwhelmed by the number of lights I saw, and I thought I would enlist the help of my then-friend Harold Joplin, who's kind of a nerd academic. I thought he could help me sort through the suspects, and he did. He sent me a spreadsheet that would list the students by the severity of their sins, and who all would be affected by one person's confession. The only problem is, he insisted that I not interfere with people's lives. He saw what happened to Piper--She was expelled, by the way; still in town, most likely raising hell in the other school district--and thought that I didn't have the authority to condemn people for their wrongful actions!

The next day, he asked me what I'd done, and I asked him what he meant. It seems he felt as though he was being followed by some overwhelming sense that the school was going to burn in hellfire. I accused him of being on drugs, and rallied the class to force his surrender. We didn't part gracefully; he destroyed the file that had my list, after I had used his thumb drive in the... deductive process by which his secret was revealed. Now I'm back to looking at the lights.

On the other side of the conflict, Spencer Champ was a lot more helpful. He saw me in the corner staring observing the cafeteria and he sat down to tell me about his club. It's sort of a support group for people who've been left out of high school society. He calls it the Far-Left Club. He holds meetings in the gym's upstairs classroom, where we bring different philosophy books and talk about our experiences with bullying and slander.

I don't like that he's popular with the students who have the light on them (especially in the drama club; users, all of them), but he claims that he's on the straight and narrow. I can only hope this 'speak softly' approach will save his friends.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 20, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
There will be a Witch here soon

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Faye the Queen

Can I tell you a secret? You're a good, strong, beautiful person. I know it doesn't feel that way all the time, but deep down inside, it's the truth. I know that sometimes you feel small, that it feels like the entire world is dragging you down, trying to stick you in a box and close the door, trying to limit your perceptions and possibilities. And the world absolutely is doing that. You're right to feel that way; the whole world really is out to get you! But you're also more than that. You can be the hero of your own story.

I mean, look at me! Captain of the ROTC, head of the yearbook committee, pep squad president, future valedictorian. I've got everything; powerful positions, the respect of my peers, and friends who would die for me. Do you think it was always this way? Well, it wasn't. I used to be a scared little girl. I was practically mute. The thought of even the tiniest social interaction filled me with paralyzing dread. But then, do you know what I realized? I was better than that. Better than everyone. There was a better me inside, and all I had to do was let it out. And because I believed in myself so much, people started to see it, and come to me. I showed them how to believe in themselves to. I showed them how to unlock their inner greatness.

I believe in you, too. You're a great person! When was the last time anyone else told you that? Well, shame on them, because it's true. You just need to learn to unlock your inner greatness, so that everyone else can see it too. Listen, there's a little group of us that meets before class; don't worry, it's not a prayer circle. It's more of an Affirmation Club. If you come there, I can show you how to unlock the inner you. I can give you clear, simple answers to your problems. Also, there's donuts. Why don't you join us?

quote:

Name: Faye Hobart
Heritage: L Ron Hubbard
Skin: The Queen
Look: Talkative, Captivating Eyes
Origin: Cult Leader

Hot +2
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark -1

Moves:
The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following
strengths for your gang:
-they’re cultists (with dark oaths and willingness to die).

The Shield
When you’re surrounded by your gang, subtract 1 from any rolls against you.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. Again. This whole mess is their fault, and why should you have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy? You need to make an example out of each of them -- a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power
to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Backgrounds

Name three side characters who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.
You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take a String on them.

The Gang:
I don’t think of them as my gang, I think of them as my extended family. Everyone who comes to the Affirmation Club comes for their own reasons, but I like to think that they stay for the unconditional love, positive energy, and the cathartic value of our weekly confession-sessions. There’s more than a dozen of us, but I’d like to think that my best buds – the “inner circle” we like to jokingly call ourselves – is Marilyn, Mary, and Jimmy.

Marilyn: people who don’t know Marilyn very well are probably surprised that she’s in the Affirmation Club. After all, why should the prettiest girl in school need affirmation? But the truth is, when I met her, she was painfully shy. Everyone around her was too intimidated by her looks to really talk to her. Fortunately, I showed her a few simple, scientific tricks to building her self esteem, and now just look at her. We’re best buds! #prettyprincess #promqueen #pilladdiction

Jimmy: Jimmy might come from the wrong side of town, and he might be rough around the edges, but it just took a few sessions of Positivism to unlock his heart of gold. He’s a bruiser and a cruiser, and loves nothing more than tuning up cars, scrappin’, and chewing on matchsticks. #heartthrob #deathwish

Mary: Mary doesn’t like it when you call her goth; I prefer to think of her as broodingly interesting. Mary’s had a difficult life, and made a string of bad choices, but I taught her a few simple mental exercises that let her harness her bad feelings and turn them into creative writing exercises. Now she write for the school paper! #gothsplay #nevernude #downtheroadnotacrossthestreet

quote:

I’m sincerely disappointed in Byron. I thought he’d started coming to Affirmation Club because he was interested in exploring ways of bettering himself, but after he was caught dating Marilyn and Mary (and me) at the same time, I was very put out. It seems as if he was more interested in forming some kind of weird harem than in bettering himself. I’m starting to doubt his commitment to Positivism.

And that’s such a downer, because I’d really hate to have to use some of what he told me in confidence against him. That would be so nasty.

quote:

I know it sounds weird, since organized is absolute nonsense and I only go to church because my foster parents force me to, but it was talking to Pastor Mitch down at the local Presbyterian church that got me interested in the precepts of Positivism. He’s one of those “cool” pastors that play guitar and “rap” with the “kids”, but when you talk to him, he’s actually a pretty decent guy. He got me thinking that maybe there was something to this whole religion thing, if not in the substance, then in the form. After all, if Mitch can get a dozen kids to sit in a circle and listen to bad music, then what could I do?

What couldn’t I do?

So I started small, talking to Marilyn and seeing what did and didn’t work to bring her out of her shell. Marilyn was the perfect subject, because she’s pretty much a blank slate, and so through trial and errors I worked out the core tenets of Positivism. It was so simple! Now I know how to build anyone up into the person they truly wish to be. After breaking them down first, of course.

quote:

Oh that’s easy: Lake Portrain. There’s something about the water that just calls to me, especially at night. It’s like I want to slough out of my clothes, dive in, and strike out for the center of the lake, and just float around, forever. Something about it just calls to me.

...calls to me.

quote:

Oh, gosh! So many secrets! But I can’t reveal anything that went on in our confession sessions. That would be unethical!

Um. Okay. Some other secret. Well, I heard this one at lunch, so it should be okay to tell you. Did you know this school is under investigation by the FBI? Well, they might be the FBI. They’re guys in suits who drive a van that stays parked out by the gym storage building for a suspiciously long time every day. Do you think they’re listening, with spy rays, or whatever?

I wonder if I could get some spy rays...

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 13, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Loretta Latham, the Ghost

I woke up in the vat ten minutes before they killed me. Before then, all I remember are little scraps of childhood, what must have been dreams: learning to tie my shoes, a house that was sometimes white and sometimes grey, parents whose faces were never quite clear. I guess the dreams were there to make me think I had a childhood, if they'd pulled me out of the vat alive, but they were never going to -- so why bother?

Their voices woke me up, the first time I'd ever really been awake, and I overheard everything. Their voices were so loud and open; were they alone, or did nobody else care what they were doing? I still remember it, mostly. It was the first real thing that ever happened to me, and it was almost the last.

quote:

"That's the third negative screening; this subject's a bust. I'll start the euth protocol."

"Not release-and-foster and continue screenings? It worked for 03."

"It worked for 03, yes, but that was a 25% success rate on four messy harvests. We can't afford to keep dumping identical subjects into the town foster system for such marginal success rates, George. The entire project's on thin enough ice as is, and if it's this that gets the whole thing compromised..."

"You don't have to lecture me. I'll get the paperwork drawn up."

"Appreciate it."

There were a few clicks, and then there was pain crushing my chest. Something in my body told me to breathe -- but I couldn't, something was stopping me, even as my body tried, and it hurt -- and then it stopped hurting --

And then I left my body, and I flew. I flew out of the vat, away from my body hanging limp in its restraints, out into the dark empty lab; the man who killed me hadn't stuck around to watch me die. I flew through the ceiling and out into an open field, far enough away from the distant lights of the town that the sky was filled with stars. I could have kept flying up to the stars, to whatever was waiting for me, but I stopped there and let myself sink down onto the damp grass. I knew I wasn't ready to go, although it took me a few minutes to realize just why.

I want to be recognized. I want the world to know I'm here, to know what I was and who I am, even if it's only for a little while before I have to leave. I want recognition, and I want justice.

I still don't know exactly what they were doing down there -- what they were trying to do, and why it didn't work -- but I intend to learn, and I intend to tell the world about the ones they made and destroyed like we were nothing. And then I intend to find the two men I heard, back then, and make sure they die alone, in the dark. I won't stick around to watch them die. They don't get that.

... But that's going to take a while, and in the meantime? I won't lie, I want to live. I want to be remembered for something other than revenge. It's been three or four years since I died-flew-awoke, and I'm going to school, working, trying to experience what I can of life. Most people don't notice me; I don't know if they can't, or if that's just... who I am. Ignorable. Disposable...

No. I won't let them treat me that was. I refuse to be thrown away, and if they think they can, I'll show them otherwise.

quote:

The Ghost
Heritage: Henrietta Lacks
Look: Forlorn, pained eyes
Origin: Murdered in cold blood

Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 1
Dark 2

Moves:

Unresolved Trauma
Whenever something brings to mind your death, you choke up and gain the Condition traumatized if you don’t have it already. Whenever someone helps you resolve this Condition, you both mark experience.

Projected Blame
While you’ve got the Condition traumatized, you may act as though others had the Condition at fault for my death.

Limitless
You can walk through walls and fly.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another. This can be asked in character or player-to-player. They must answer honestly and directly.

Darkest Self
You become invisible, unnoticeable. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Backstory
Someone knows that you’re dead and how you died. They gain 2 Strings on you.

You’ve been inside someone’s bedroom while they were sleeping. Take a String on them.

Questions:

quote:

Mr. Gordon's been talking again about "having to let me go." He's my boss, and he's also my landlord; he runs the Gatewater Motel, down by the freeway, and I do cleaning and night shifts at the desk in exchange for a room and a little pay. The Gatewater's never busy, and he's started talking about how he "can't afford me," even when I try to tell him he doesn't have to pay me, just let me keep the room... and it's not like the Gatewater ever runs out of rooms.

If he let me go and kicked me out... well, I wouldn't die. I can't. I don't even need anywhere to stay. But I like having somewhere to go, someplace that's mine, and I don't want to have to find something else.

quote:

After Mr. Gordon started talking about letting me go for the first time, a year ago, I went out and got a job down at the department store downtown, Smith's and Smith's. I mostly do backroom and fitting-room stuff, but it's not hard, and it's nice to have money. Mostly I've just been quiet, getting by and being grateful they noticed me enough to hire me in the first place, but lately my manager's been talking to me more. Her name is Kayla, and she's not much older than me -- I think I've seen her at school?

Anyway, she's started noticing me. She says... well, she says I'm doing a good job and she can start putting me in for more hours, if I want. And do I want to get trained as a cashier, maybe? It's just a dumb job, but... she's noticed me, and not in a bad way. Do you know how often that happens? Not often.

quote:

Whenever I wander, I tend to find myself back at Hunter Park, out on the outskirts of town. It's just a little park, a little bit of grass and some trees and a swingset, but something about it feels... important. Like I need to be there. Like I should stay there.

I think Hunter Park is where they dumped my body.

quote:

I've been reading up on old newspapers at the library, and I think I've figured out what the men in the lab meant by "03" and "four messy harvests." Over the five years or so before I died, the newspaper reported on four girls who looked like me, all dead or gone. Helen Lane was 16 when she disappeared, and she was found three days later in a drainage ditch, mutilated. Hester Larson was 15 when she and her parents died in a car accident -- airlifted to the hospital, but nobody lived. Heidi Landry was 17 when she died "of complications of cancer." Heather Lawrence, 15 again, disappeared and was never found.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put it all together. I wonder which one was 03?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Megan Lafayette - The Witch

We've all been hurt or mad enough at someone before that for a bit it was all we could think about. Sitting in your room staring at their facebook page and imagining horrific revenge fantasies. Stuff that never could actually happen. We've all been there, right?

Okay, good, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me, haha. Well. I had one of those times a few months ago. Do you remember Ginny? Most people seem to have stopped thinking about her already, which is kind of hosed up. Anyway, we we're 'best friends' growing up, or, at least I thought so. Stupid me, huh? We weren't neighbors or anything (at least as far as everyone living in Exclamation isn't a neighbor) but we sat together in elementary school, hung out in middle school, did sleepovers every weekend, shared our secrets, our crushes, stuck together when someone picked on one of us, or we got bullied. Friends. Ha! She knew I liked Arthur, of course she knew, I told her ages ago, and we talked, tried to come up with good ideas for how to ask him out, everything. And then one night, about two months ago, I was heading over to her place to give her the bag she'd left when she slept over last night, and walking up to her house I saw her and her boyfriend making out through the window, saw her pushing him down, so I started to leave - well, maybe I watched for a little bit - when the light from a car hit them and I could tell it wasn't her boyfriend at all, it was Arthur! How could she??? I thought we were friends! She knew I liked him and she had a boyfriend already, why did she have to take him from me as well? Was she lying to me behind my back all along? Was ANY of our friendship real?

I couldn't watch so I turned and ran back home, hardly able to see through my tears. But just crying wasn't enough, it wasn't helping, and I was just getting madder and madder the more I thought about. Eventually I threw her stuff in the fire, but the friendship bracelet we'd made years ago - I couldn't do it even then. I stared at it, sobbing, next to the fire, and got even angrier. That two faced bitch! All I could think about was how much I hated her, how much she'd hurt me, about her Lies! I threw it into the fire, swore, broke into my parents alcohol supply and got black out drunk on my bed. I didn't go to school the next day. The day after that, the whole school was buzzing with the story of how she'd told her boyfriend she was cheating on him, told Arthur she just wanted to take him because I wanted him, told a bunch of the popular kids what she thought of them, and one of the teachers that she'd been cheating on her tests. When I met her, I asked her if we'd really been friends, and she opened her mouth, but before she could answer, I ran away. I didn't want to hear it, whatever it was. A few days later she got expelled or switched schools or something. We never found out what.

Did I do that to her? I couldn't have. But if I had... it was scary, to think I might have, but it felt good too. I'd gotten my revenge, maybe. Everything went back to normal, except without Ginny, until Mr. Anderson the math teacher lost my homework assignment, said I didn't turn it in, and gave me an F on it. I did turn it in though, I remembered doing it, one of the problems took me ages to work out, cuz I'm not very good at math, and that F gave me a failing grade! I knew my parents were going to ground me, it wasn't MY fault the stupid old rear end in a top hat lost it, but nooooo, who'd listen to me over a teacher. There wasn't anything I could do to get back at him, so I stole his family photo off his desk between classes. Sure enough, I got grounded when I took my report card home. No computer, no phone, no going out, for a week! By the end of the last day I was so bored and furious I took the photo -I'd meant to put it back eventually- scribbled all over it in permanent marker, smashed the frame and flushed it down the toilet. The photo, not the frame, obviously. The next day he came into class with these gross pustules all over his skin, it was disgusting, I felt a bit sick just looking at it. He couldn't come into class with a disease or whatever, so we've had a substitute since then. Serves him right.

You know this probably is giving you a bad impression of me, but I'm a nice person! Really! They deserved it. As long as you aren't a bully or a scheming backstabbing false faced friend, I'm not going to do anything to you! And besides, I'm still a little... uncomfortable with this. I don't know how it works, or why, or even really if I can control it... What if I get mad at my parents for something stupid and they like... lose their jobs, or their hands start falling off or something? That'd be terrible!

Though uh... I did find the homework in the back of my binder though, about a week ago. But he was an rear end in a top hat anyway, and this wasn't the first time he'd hosed with me, and I did do the assignment. I'm sure it'll clear up and he'll be able to get back to work eventually...

The Witch posted:

Name: Megan Lafayette
Look: lithe
Eyes: deep eyes
Origin: awoken
Genetic Heritage: Morgan Le Fey

Stats
Hot +1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark +2

Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from Sympathetic Tokens - items of personal significance taken from others. Sympathetic Tokens count as Strings.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a Sympathetic Token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with Dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
-thee casting does you 1 Harm;
-the Hex has weird side effects;
-trigger your Darkest Self.

Hexes
Wither
The hexed loses all of their hair, or their teeth start falling out, or their period arrives unexpected and heavy, or their skin gets all sickly yellow and spotty. Whatever the specifics, it’s bad.

Ring of Lies
Whenever the person attempts to lie, they hear a piercing ringing noise. Big lies will often make their knees buckle and disorient them. Severe lies can cause harm or even brain damage.

Sex Move: After sex, you can take a Sympathetic Token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Your Backstory

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but hasn’t said anything. They get a String on you.

Ms. Susan. She's the new - and I mean new, it's her first year here AND her first year ever - english teacher. I was never much interested in the subject, but she managed to make it sort of interesting just from her own obvious enthusiasm for the subject, and she told me my paper was great when I turned it in, with some actual things she highlighted so I could tell she wasn't just making it up to try and flatter me or something. A lot of teachers are fake like that. But even when she doesn't like something I do for class she leaves helpful suggestions and advice. She says I have real talent, which isn't something I've heard before. I don't know if she's doing this for everyone, or just me, but it's nice to know I have one teacher, one person, who actually cares. Especially after Ginny.

Don't even loving say anything. Just don't, okay? I like the cemetery, it has a really melancholy feel to it that's pretty appealing, and no adults go there so I can get away. Some other students like to hang out there sometimes, probably because they're "emo" or "goth" and think it's cool to hang around dead people like that makes them scary and impressive, but whatever. Most of the time it's quiet and empty when I get there. It has a bit of a sense of history too, even if all the graves I can find are pretty new. And when I'm there I feel like I'm close to my only parent that loved me.

The Principal is having an affair with Mr. Williamson! No, really! You think I'm lying, don't you? But no, here, I took pictures, I knew no one would be believe it otherwise. See, take a look. Yeah, that's them going into the school theater together when nothing was going on there, no reason to be there but something secret, and look where his hand is! That's practically a grope, look at their faces! Tell me that isn't some serious bed eyes. You can practically feel the sexual tension just from these pictures. And no, I didn't get any of the 'action', the theater was dark, and it wasn't like I could use the flash on my phone, they'd have seen me instantly. And anywhere, gross, who wants to see THAT? Still don't believe me? Fine, rear end in a top hat, watch em for a few days and tell me if you don't see the looks they give each other, the whispers as they pass in the hall, the little touches. You'll see.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 19, 2017

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
App Prompts 1

Jackie by Tricky
  • Have you ever wanted to physically dominate somebody like Mr. Kever? What actions did you take about that?
  • What feelings recently confused you? Who caused them?
  • Who do you want to kill?

Beth King by Ferrosol
  • What trouble did Eddie recently get into? How did you respond?
  • Have you ever drained a person completely? What would/does that mean to you?
  • What interests you more, school politics or drama and the arts? How have you thought about making an impact in that interest?

Ellen Bligh by thatbastard ken
  • What is something you recently blogged about? What did Miss Hayer say about it?
  • Who is your closest friend? Do you want that friendship to become something more?
  • What did you see recently that caused somebody to threaten you not to tell anybody about it?

Helena Kallisti by Capfalcon
  • What are you going to do to Mary to punish her for missing practice?
  • What makes you feel lonely, and why does it keep popping up?
  • Who recently got in a fight over you? What did you do to encourage the fight?

Loretta Latham by Antivehicular
  • What about Kayla reminds you of a life you'll never have? Do you resent her for it?
  • What steps have you taken in finding the men who... disposed of you?
  • Who have you unwittingly followed around town? What do you think about them?

Incomplete Apps
Nobunaga Oda by Waffleman_
Jim Thorpe by slydingdoor
Fiona Erikson by Tardzilla
Dickie MIlhous by Tricky Dick Nixon
Mick Arthur by Rather Watch Them
Faye Hobart by Old Kentucky Shark
Morgan Lafayette by GodFish

Not locking you in to this app, just recording so I can track easier

Also, deadline set for the end of this coming weekend, final prompts on monday and picks following those

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Frgrbrgr posted:

Have you ever wanted to physically dominate somebody like Mr. Kever? What actions did you take about that?

Uhhhm, what's physically dominate? I'm sorry! I know I should know this, but I don't! Wait, the professor said that there was something I should do when that happened. He told me to Goooo-gel it. I think that's on the computer. Let me go check on that real quick! Okay, okay, this button turns it on... Put in the password... Wait, that's wrong? Hmmmmm... What about this! Hah! Got it! And now I'm gonna goooo-gel this stuff so I can answer your question! It's gonna be great!

Okay, let's see... 'Cute girl physically dominates muscle man'... and hit the goooo-gel button... Oh, they're all videos. Gonna just click this one and...

...What the heck is that! All of these videos are... but that is... Uhm, I... Wow! I didn't know that was a thing that happened. The girls are so mean... but it seems like the muscle guys like it?? I don't know if I've ever felt anything like that before. I mean, I haven't been alive that long! I definitely didn't want to do anything like that to the professor. But maybe...

Well, there is that Plato guy! He's super muscly and shiny all the time and he does that wrestling thing! Not the TV kind, though, I always get confused by the difference. There's less shouting, I guess. I don't get why he's not popular. He looks pretty! That's the most important thing, right? Everyone who's popular is super pretty. Maybe he likes it when people are mean to him... Do you think he wants me to be mean to him, too?

quote:

What feelings recently confused you? Who caused them?

That last question was super confusing!! But, uhm, let's see. Oh! I know! I was packing up my stuff after class and that mean Betsy Ross just came over and knocked everything off my desk! She says it was an accident, but I don't believe her! I got sooooo... I don't even know what that feeling means! It's like the feeling I get when I see those pointy things. It's like... there's all this stuff inside her that needs to be outside her? And I'm the only one who can do it! Grr. Maybe Plato wants people to be mean to him, but I don't!

Ahhhh, I don't like this feeling! It makes my head hurt so much! I... I...

quote:

Who do you want to kill?

I want to kill Betsy, of course.

Poor Jackie. She's not ready yet. Not ready for the world. Not ready to do what needs to be done. That's fine. She has me. Call me... The Ripper. I'm always there. Watching. Listening. Ready to step in when things become... too much for her. Heh. She's started down the path. The knives are calling her already. I just need to provide a little... push. It wouldn't be the first time, you know. Her dear professor thought he'd fix his so-called mistake. Back when he 'disappeared.' I stepped in and showed her what must be done when they trespass against us.

I had thought that would have been enough for her to see things my way. I suppose I was wrong. She's a willful child. I suppose I must humor her, at least for now. Soon enough she'll be the one that comes to me.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Frgrbrgr posted:

What is something you recently blogged about? What did Miss Hayer say about it?

I was mostly doing slice of life stuff, "Hi I'm new in town and this is what I think about the local scenery/food/school/hot people", but then I started interviewing people and doing stories on local history and researching some stuff and I wanted access to some city council records about the old Asylum so I went to City Hall and did you know they just let people in to the council meetings? Maybe they thought I was an intern or something? Anyway, the council and the mayor were having a big argument about some safety ordinances and their interaction with federal funding for some stuff they do for a 'Director' and so I just took a bunch of notes (mostly of all the insults, they were pretty angry) and put a transcript up on my blog with a bunch of color commentary and my opinion of the whole process. Miss Hayer said it showed 'good initiative' but got on my case about being too personal and aggressive. Whatever, it got me hella hits and sent my patreon soaring to the giddy heights of like, 50 bucks a week.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Who is your closest friend? Do you want that friendship to become something more?

Can I say 'the Internet? Because it's sad but true. I get on much better with anonymous assholes than I do with most people, I think because people feel free to talk without censoring themselves when they think they are untraceable. Sure, they lie about things all the time - but the lies they tell are more true to who they are. It's amazing the information people will just give you when they think they're going to sound impressive. Uh...being less sad, I get on OK with Kate Leigh, who got me my weekend job busing tables at Cresswell's Cafe. She's kind of rough, even by my standards, but she sticks up for people and takes no poo poo, which is cool. I've covered for her with the school when she's off doing...stuff. Stuff like selling weed or making out with her girlfriend/rival dealer Tilly. Yeah, I don't want any of that trouble, even if she is pretty cute.

Frgrbrgr posted:

What did you see recently that caused somebody to threaten you not to tell anybody about it?

I was down in the locker rooms of the school stadium just...snooping, I guess, when I heard raised voices coming my way so I, uh, hid. In a locker. A guy's locker. Look, no-one was supposed to be there! It's not that...whatever. Anyway, it was Coach Brown and the school nurse, a creepy woman called Firenze Aedon. They were arguing about using 'the juice' for sports performance (I guess steroids?) and Ms Aedon was saying it was too dangerous, but the coach kept saying they 'needed a win' to get funding. I thought they left, so I started to sneak out but got caught and backed into a corner. I thought Coach was going to kill me, he looked so mad. Ms Aedon talked him down and said that she was sure I wouldn't say anything, but looked at me like if I did she'd find some way to get me.

So of course I'm tracking down everything I can about performance enhancing drugs and stuff so I can make a big expose. No point getting in deep without it paying off, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Frgrbrgr posted:

What are you going to do to Mary to punish her for missing practice?
You know... I don't know if I need to do anything? She did trip down the bleachers and end up in the hospital for two days.

I mean, I was really mad before that, but now, I guess karma got her. Weird thing was, right before she did it, I was picturing something like that happening to her.

Talk about strange, right?

Frgrbrgr posted:

What makes you feel lonely, and why does it keep popping up?
Oh. My. Gooooood. Why do you keep asking questions like this? You're lucky you're cute.

...Fiiiiine. But I swear, it's the last one I'm answering.

Ok, so, I've got a... journal that I write in. It's nothing fancy. What happened that day, who I made out with, and so on. I want to be a writer when I graduate, you know. But... I keep reading back in it, and nothing there grabs me the way good writing should, you know? Does it mean that I'm not very good at writing, or... does it mean that I don't do anything worth writing down?

And... I don't know which one is worse.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Who recently got in a fight over you? What did you do to encourage the fight?
Ok, maybe not. This one is a lot more fun to talk about. I mean, I just love being the center of attention, and having people fighting over you? That's basically as 'center' as you can get!

Mikey T and Lance totally brawled before school over who got to take me out that weekend, and since both of them are ripped, it was a sight to behold. It ended in a draw, because the administration broke it up. But, I'd be surprised if they didn't try and settle it later.

...I may have made out with them both before school, but come on. Just making out with someone doesn't mean your going out or anything. I mean, I probably won't wanna go out with either of them after they finish their fight. They're hot, but... they don't have much else going for them.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 17, 2017

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Frgrbrgr posted:

What trouble did Eddie recently get into? How did you respond?

Oh you mean the bullying. I'd noticed Eddie was coming home from school with bruises and he was awfully quiet about where he'd got them. Wasn't that hard to figure out what was really going on. Dad wasn't much help "it might toughen up the kid." I think he's always been disappointed that Eddie doesn't take after him but that's going a bit too far. So someone had to do something. And as usual that someone was me. I remember marching over to them at school being really angry and furious at them and just saying to them "If you want to bully someone pick on someone your own size." I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't for them both to say "ok" and stand up and go and hit the biggest guy they could find. The whole thing just seems really weird like I could have told them to go jump off a building and they would have done it. Still at least their injuries and detentions from starting a fight should stop them from picking on poor Eddie right?

Frgrbrgr posted:

[*]Have you ever drained a person completely? What would/does that mean to you?

Not since Mr Norton that first night. I mean finding dead homeless people is one thing but finding a dead homeless person with no blood in them should have been a massive media outrage about a serial killer on the loose. Strange there was no mention of it it's almost like someone was covering up for me either that or they just didn't care. But yeah ever since then I've tried to avoid it. Because well it's hard to explain it's like if I give into that temptation to drain someone dry then I'll have lost control of this... this thing I am now. And then there's the practical considerations even the dumbest cops would soon figure out something odd was going on if I left a trail of bloodless corpses around town.

quote:

[*]What interests you more, school politics or drama and the arts? How have you thought about making an impact in that interest?

I've never really plucked up any of the courage to get involved in anything like that before now. I mean I've always liked watching the school plays, especially some of the older ones by Shakespeare but actually acting in them? I don't know. As for the arts well let's just say that's never been my strongest subject and leave my failed attempts at poetry and my really bad pictures to one side. Hmm student government though.... you know I never really thought about that before now. That could actually be fun, I mean it'd be nice to make a difference to the school in some small way and well it'd look good when I go applying for college and stuff like that right? Especially since my grades aren't exactly the best. You know thanks for the idea.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

What about Kayla reminds you of a life you'll never have? Do you resent her for it?

How can I not resent her? I know it's not her fault, but the way she talks... well, it's nothing special. It's like everybody else, but that's enough.

She talks a lot about her family. It sounds like a big one -- three or four siblings, plus grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins... people around her, of her blood, who love her for being one of them. I'll never be a part of anyone's family, no matter what I manage to do. I might have friends, maybe. Close friends, if I'm lucky. But family can never happen.

... I don't hate her. But I hate this. I hate being reminded of what this means. There's so much to hate, when you're in a place like I am.

quote:

What steps have you taken in finding the men who... disposed of you?

... Research online, and at the library. It's not much. I read up about scientists in the town, and about laboratories, but there's much less written than I expected, and of course I only have one name -- "George." Even around here, there are plenty of men named George. If I could just hear voices...

I feel like I'm waiting for a sign, almost: some clue from whatever helped me stay here. Some kind of power. For all I can do, that power hasn't found me yet.

quote:

Who have you unwittingly followed around town? What do you think about them?

There's this boy, Aron Allwise, and we share a lot of classes this year -- well, classes he's taking and I'm sitting in on. It's not like I have a real schedule. But we're often in the same place, in the same hallways, and it's hard not to cross his path. He's kind of cute, even if he uses way too much hair stuff, and he's got a great voice. I overheard him in the boy's bathroom after classes, practicing for the fall musical auditions. He's good. He's... well, everyone's alive who isn't me, but he's alive.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
OK apps be closing on Monday, will send out more prompts then, followed by picks sometime next week once responses are in.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Completed Apps

Jackie by Tricky
Ellen Bligh by thatbastardken
Beth King by Ferrosol

App Prompts 2

• Who is your closest friend at school, and what reason do they have not to like you? (They can still like you, but they have a good reason not to)
  • When did you last make a big scene? Who watched it?
  • What is the farthest place you've ever been from home? What would you do to go farther?

• Who is the most popular person that is courting entry to the Affirmation Club? What would you do to get them in?
  • Who in the inner circle recently threatened to leave the Affirmation Club? What would you do if they left?
  • C'mon - tell me - what's the real truth? I just reached PL (Positivity Level) IV. You have to tell me, right?

Megan Lafayette by Godfish
  • What's your most valuable personal possession? Why?
  • You recently saw somebody hurt another. Do you want to help the victim? Or is it somebody else's problem?
  • Have you ever hurt somebody and regretted it? What happened?

Incomplete Apps Repurposed Clone DNA

Nobunaga Oda by Waffleman_
Jim Thorpe by slydingdoor
Dickie MIlhous by Tricky Dick Nixon
Mick Arthur by Rather Watch Them

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Frgrbrgr posted:

Who is your closest friend at school, and what reason do they have not to like you? (They can still like you, but they have a good reason not to)

Me 'n Michael used to be pretty close until some drama poo poo happened.

Mikey's been crushing hard on Alexandria for a while now, but he's been too scared to say anything to her. See, Mikey's the shy, quiet type, and he's not great at the whole socializing with other people thing. Doesn't help that he spends most of his time locked up in his room painting. Anyways, I've been trying to get Mikey to say anything to Alexandria, but he keeps chickening out at the last minute.

So, Alexandria was having a party at her place one night, and she invited me. She told me I could bring one other person with me, so I thought I'd bring Mikey along with me. Maybe the booze will give him the courage he needs to finally talk to her. I told him about the party, and, while he was a little hesitant at first, he agreed to go.

Then, an hour before the party starts, he calls me up... and told me he changed his mind, and he wasn't loving going to the party anymore. He got too loving scared, again, and I lost what little patience I had with him. I was loving done wasting my time helping him, so I said gently caress this, and went to the party without him.

While I was there at the party, Alexandria came up to me, and she started to flirt with me. That's when I realized she actually had the hots for me. I had a few drinks at that point, and one thing lead to another, and... well, you can probably guess what happened next.

Mikey lost his poo poo when he found out, acting like I betrayed his trust or some poo poo. It's not my loving fault that he's been a gigantic wuss about all this.

We've patched things up since then, but I can still smell it on him. The resentment. A part of him still hates me for what I've done. Do I regret it? gently caress no. He's had his chance, and he loving blew it. Maybe this'll teach him to grow a loving pair next time.

quote:

When did you last make a big scene? Who watched it?

It's no secret that I'm pretty protective of my brother, so I wasn't exactly happy when I found out he was being bullied around by Big Al and that gang of his. I was about ready to show 'em what happens when you mess with my brother, but Leaf stopped me before I could do anything. He told me he's got this handled, and asked me to let him resolve the whole situation on his own. He was really insistent to do this without my help, so I let him.

The next day, Leaf came back home, bruised and bloodied all over, beaten up by Big Al.

And that's when I snapped.

I stormed over to Big Al during school, and punched him as hard as I loving can on his face. I didn't stop there. I kept pounding on him, over and over, yelling and screaming like a raging beast the whole time. That's when I felt... it. I felt the urge to break his body, rip his throat out, tear out his guts, make him BLEED, make him SUFFER!

A few of the other students managed to get me off of him, and I wound up being suspended for a month.

What happened to Big Al? Last I checked, he's still in the hospital, still recovering from the beat-down I gave him. A lot of people saw what I did to him that day, and a few of them are scared of me. Good. They should be loving scared. Now they know what happens when you gently caress with my family.

quote:

What is the farthest place you've ever been from home? What would you do to go farther?

The farthest I've ever gone was the bridge that leads to the road out of town. Honestly? I'd do just about anything to go even further. I want nothing more than to leave this shithole of a town... but I can't. Not while my mom and my brother are still here. If I leave, who's going to look out for them? My brother is way too loving gentle and naive for his own good, and it'd destroy my mom if I left. I need to be here, for them.

I can't leave. Not until I'm sure my family would be okay without me. The last thing I ever want to do is abandon them, like how he abandoned us.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

quote:

Who is the most popular person that is courting entry to the Affirmation Club? What would you do to get them in?
Oh! So you’ve heard about Alexandria, then? She’s so great! She’s almost as popular as I am! I’ve been pushing forward a real effort to get her involved in the Affirmation Club. It would really put us on the map, having the two prettiest girls in school in the same in group. Wait, three prettiest: I forgot about Marilyn. Is that shallow? Well, I guess it is shallow. But that’s life I guess.

There’s a lot of benefits to being in the Affirmation Club: members are encouraged to pool their resources. I mean, we’re all in this together, right? Right. Mario’s family owns a pizza place, so we get free pizza on Fridays, James’s dads have a car shop so we can get free rides as long as we get the cars back before anyone notices, and Marilyn’s mom has, like, every kind of liquor ever made, if that’s your thing. And you get to hang out with the coolest, smartest, most positive kids in school! How great is that? Haha, now it sounds like I'm trying to sell you on Affirmation Club, not Alexandria!

Seriously, though, you should really join. I mean it.

Alexandria’s been sniffing around the edges of the club for a while; I think there must be someone inside she has a thing for. But even though I’ve made the pitch, she’s been strangely resistant. If I could find out who she’s interested in, maybe I could… arrange things. They’d do that for the club, wouldn’t they? Take one for the team?

quote:

Who in the inner circle recently threatened to leave the Affirmation Club? What would you do if they left?

Well, Mary threatened that the other day, but Mary’s always threatening that. Sometimes I question Mary’s commitment to being Positive. She hasn’t even reached PLII! She’s got a real bad case of the sadbrains. But I guess she’s earned it; she’s had a real bad life, what with her parents dying in that fire and all. And I guess she feels guilty because she’s the one who was playing with matches…

Oh no! I didn’t mean to say that out loud. Mary told me that in confidence in the privacy of a confession-session! You can’t tell anyone. It would just devastate her if that got out.

It’s really hard, keeping the sanctity of the confession-session. It’s a terrible burden, knowing all those deep, dark secrets. I don’t think I could do it if I didn’t see how relieved the members get when the pour it all out there.

Seriously, though, you should totally join us!

quote:

C'mon - tell me - what's the real truth? I just reached PL (Positivity Level) IV. You have to tell me, right?
Gosh! PLIV! That’s pretty far. Most of the Affirmation Club doesn’t even know about Positivity Levels at all. They just aren’t ready yet.

Well, I guess you’ve already figured out most of it, now that you’ve mastered your advanced emotive perceptics. You did master them, right? Just checking. Well, with your perceptic exercises you’ve surely noticed that you’ve been perceiving extrasensory inputs associated with feelings and emotions, right? Synesthesia? Yeah, that’s absolutely cool and good.

See, there’s a level of mind in all intelligent beings that exists above and beyond the conscious mind; I call it the Meta. The Meta-mind perceives everything that the conscious mind perceives, but it perceives it as a separate entity than itself; it’s as if everything that were happening to you were happening to someone else, like an avatar-state. The thing that separates the Meta-mind form the conscious mind is that the Meta-mind is also capable of getting direct knowledge downloads from outside the conscious mind; I call this Meta-knowledge. Once you can get your hands on meta-knowledge, you can know real things, with direct certainty, not just sensory inputs and vague suppositions. Total reality positivity; that’s the power of PLIV.

Wow, PLIV. I didn’t think you’d make it that far. I’m so proud of you! I should tell you; there’s one level above PLIV. At Positivity Level Five, you can directly perceive intangible reality artifacts; things that exist, but have no physical presence, like love or truth or whatever, have a physical presence for you. For instance, a theoretical PL five person should be able to actually see the emotional connections between individuals, even when they don’t know how or why those connections have formed. At PLV, you should be be able to see James’s unrequited love for Marilyn, or the Principal’s inexplicable hatred for Alexandria, as actual strings connecting the one person to the other. Once you’ve fully mastered PLV, the whole school should light up like a web made of rainbow-colored light.

Someone who has mastered the final Positivity Level is called a Positivity-Clear. As far as I know, I’m the only PC in existence.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Frgrbrgr posted:

What's your most valuable personal possession? Why?

That'd probably have to be my laptop, but that isn't really valuable, just expensive. Everything on it is on the cloud anyway, so I could just get it back onto a new computer if I lost it or something. My most irreplaceable possession is - why? You aren't going to try and do something to it are you? Look, I might not be entirely sure what, or how, I'm doing -whatever- I'm doing to the people who hurt me, but I'm not stupid, it's got to be some kind of magic connected to things people value, or at least keep around them, not like Ginny actually cared about the friendship bracelet, or she wouldn't have - ugh, gently caress. Okay. But if this goes missing you're dead, okay? Here. My mom gave to me before she, well, she gave it to me. It's the only thing I really have to remember her by, even if I don't believe in jesus or god or whatever it's supposed to symbolize. So I always wear it. It's comforting. Feels like it helps me focus, maybe it's lucky or something, I dunno.

Frgrbrgr posted:

You recently saw somebody hurt another. Do you want to help the victim? Or is it somebody else's problem?

Look, if I got worked up every time I saw someone hurt someone else even if I'm not involved, I'd never have a moments peace. You're probably too old to remember but highschool is basically the thunderdome, brutal, violent, messy and painful. If you care, anyway. Which I don't, if it doesn't hurt me. So, it was nasty, sure, to see Robby beating up Juliette out back when she beat him in the class president election, but I dunno, not my business. Even if she did end up the hospital, and he's a star football player so he just got a couple days suspension. Besides, even if I wanted to help her, what could I do? Nothing. Unless... well, I'm keeping an eye out for his letterman's jacket or something.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Have you ever hurt somebody and regretted it? What happened?

Do you ever ask about nice things? Or are you some kind of sicko who enjoys hearing uncomfortable stories? Well, this is the last one, whatever I get for this isn't worth any more. So yes, I've hurt people accidentally a lot of times and I always regret it. Oh, you meant intentionally? Well, not Mr. Anderson, haha, no he definitely deserved that for the other poo poo he kept giving me. And the last conversation I had with mom was me yelling at her for something stupid, I can't even remember now, isn't that dumb? Whatever it was, something to do with school, a... talent show? And she couldn't be there for some reason. Well, it doesn't matter really. Whatever it was never happened, because her sickle cell anemia flared up while she was driving away and crashed. So the last thing she heard from me was that she was a liar and I hated her. That was just about all I could think about at the funeral. And she was the one who actually cared. Dad just went off and married some girlfriend before she was even cold. So I got stuck with her and my stupid genius half-brother Ed.

Anyway. So I try to be careful with what I say. At least to people who matter to me. Even if they're a drat dirty liar like Ginny.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 22, 2017

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Great apps, tough choices!

Clone High, Class of 200X

Jackie by Tricky
Ellen Bligh by thatbastardken

Clone High DB

Please:

• Fill out your Backstory (TBK, do this last).
  • Seat yourself and one other NPC on the seating chart (in the DB).
  • Fill out the NPC chart and NPC String chart for any NPCs you want to interact with from your app (in the DB).
  • Fill out Location chart for the locations you've created.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 22, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

quote:

Name three side characters who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.
Done

quote:

You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take a String on them.

That Fiona... Okay, I know that everyone has a good person buried deep down inside them, I really do know that, but I get the feeling that the person buried deep down inside Fiona is still pretty mean. Also, the emotive perceptics between her and Alexandria stink of sex, and that's just won't do at all.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

quote:

I have Fiona's lighter and that stupid hat Faye always has. Just as insurance. Fiona is a bit of a loose cannon, especially after the way she went of on Big Al, and Faye, uh... well, if her club wants to try anything I'll get her back for it, that's all.

quote:

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but hasn’t said anything. They get a String on you.
Ellen, why didn't you tell anyone?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Backstory

quote:

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.
Keeping things in the shadows are for people who aren't the center of attention.~

quote:

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.
So.... is it just me or has Faye been really... weird lately? Like, more than normal? I keep catching her looking at me, and a lot of her friends have been talking to me recently.

Oh well. She probably wants me to join that club she's running. I mean, I am me after all.

Seat yourself and one other NPC on the seating chart (in the DB).
Done

I'm in the middle of the class so everyone can see me, and poor Mary (you know, the one from cheerleading) is next to the door since she's still on crutches for another week.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

Subtlety is for chumps.

quote:

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

...W-what!? No! I haven't been secretly watching Megan at all! It's not like I think she's cute or anything, and it's not like I secretly like her!

Ugh! gently caress! Whatever! I don't need to explain poo poo to you! Now stop bugging me about this, will ya!?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 23, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

quote:

You’ve been taking your social cues from someone, and doing so has taught you a lot about them. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Fiona is so cool!! She's really tough and strong and doesn't let anyone be mean to her! Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm tough and strong too. Just like her.

...I'm not very good at it, though! I wonder what makes her so tough? Maybe I just need to try to be her harder... That'll help, I'm sure of it!

quote:

Someone’s seen through your invented past, and realized it’s all lies. They gain 2 Strings on you.

So, uh, okay. Maybe I lied a little about where I came from. That's normal, right?? The professor said I should never tell anyone about coming from the machine! So when I wanted to check out this cheer thing and be popular like Helena and her friends, I... I had to make up a story about who I was! So I said I'd just got back from a research trip from Africa.

...Apparently she'd seen Mean Girls too. How was I supposed to know that it was a popular movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Backstory posted:

Declare your backstory last. Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

'Lover' is kind of a strong term for what's going on with Jackie and me. Yeah, we hang out a lot and talk about how much school sucks, how weird people are, all that stuff. We're both new in town, so it's pretty natural for us to be friends. And yes, I have been asking around about her, and looking out for her in class, and I guess I'm always glad when she comes into Cresswells so I can use my employee discount to make her favorite (X). Uh. OK, maybe a little bit of a crush going on. Also, she's a great help when I'm writing because of her fantastic (if slightly creepy) eye for macabre detail. Could do a lot worse in a town like this.

GodFish posted:

Ellen, why didn't you tell anyone?

Uh, because I'm not a narc, for starters? Also I go snooping in people's stuff like all the time and it would be super hypocritical of me to make a big deal about it. I mean, I don't take anything. I'm just curious.

• Locked thread