Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

poo poo. Any fix or is it time to buy a new one?

You might be best off picking up a DS4 controller now while it's on sale for $40. When I fixed my phone it cost $20 but that was for a $600 phone. For you it's probably just easier to replace the controller. The Ps4 charging station charges through the bottom inputs. So that may also be worth just picking up.

Edit: For what little pre-show I watched. Some of that def should have been in the actual show.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Awesome! posted:

is the whole game a qte

You'd think so!
But no it wasn't. Web of Shadows leaned way too hard on symbiote stuff by game's end but overall I thought it was really good, at least as far as combat went in the pre-Arkham days.

Hopefully this trailer at E3 was chosen so they could have a complete vignette from beginning to end and that this Mr. Negative section is heavier on the QTE and cinematic parts than most of the rest of the gameplay.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I keep noticing almost nobody is talking about Days Gone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not the last of us so meh

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's sure trying to be.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I keep noticing almost nobody is talking about Days Gone.

it looks like a decent 7-8 with cool tech

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It looks like a game I've played a dozen times before.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I don't usually give a poo poo about zombie games. Days Gone looks fine, I guess?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

It looks like a game I've played a dozen times before.

welcome to videogames sir may i check your coat and baggage

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Days Gone looks like the kind of game I'd buy like Winter next year off a PSN sale for 40% off. That's the best I can really say? It looks competent, it has an idea, but TLOU2 exists...

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I'm surprised that they didn't show off indies this year. Sony usually loves that stuff.

I imagine Undertale hitting PS4 and Vita might've had a bigger impact if it was actually in the show.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

zombie survivor horror is a genre that desperately needs something new and this just doesn't seem to be doing that.

so I guess that gets judged a little more harshly, but it looks terminally dull all the same.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Days Gone looks like a well made game I have no interest in playing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Morby posted:

I don't usually give a poo poo about zombie games. Days Gone looks fine, I guess?

That's literally all you can say about it. It doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't look like anything you'd really care about doing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Days Gone could really use a father/child relationship.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Days Gone looks like the kind of game I'd buy like Winter next year off a PSN sale for 40% off. That's the best I can really say? It looks competent, it has an idea, but TLOU2 exists...

yeah its a wait for 50% off game but i'm interested enough it seeing how over the top the hoard gets by the final sequences that i'll deffo check it out down the line

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Days Gone is a game that we'll all check out if it reviews well or some goons buy it and start hyping it but it's very much a wait and see type of game because it doesn't look too be offering much that's new or a world that looks compelling

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Maybe not a great sign that the one thing from Sony's lineup that got me remotely excited was a collector's edition of a ten-hour indie game I beat two years ago, but oh well, they can't keep the hype machine going forever.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I have it on good authority that TFRazorSaw owns a PS4 like stux owned a bone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I have it on good authority that TFRazorSaw owns a PS4 like stux owned a bone.

that was a funny month

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why are you spelling my name like that?

And yes, I have one. Why the hell does that matter?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Game of the show is obviously FF VR fishing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

why are you spelling my name like that?

And yes, I have one. Why the hell does that matter?

you are like made of eggshells. have fun with us

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

you are like made of eggshells. have fun with us

I both have issues with anxiety and this board has a tendency to try and make things weirdly personal.

So. Yeah. That's not exactly easy for me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I both have issues with anxiety and this board has a tendency to try and make things weirdly personal.

So. Yeah. That's not exactly easy for me.

i like you cause you are outspoken and stick to your guns.

but like when someone posts a post you don't like post back a goofy gif of homer simpson being an idiot inferring that person is an idiot too, instead of whatever your first instinct is

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elmon posted:

You might be best off picking up a DS4 controller now while it's on sale for $40. When I fixed my phone it cost $20 but that was for a $600 phone. For you it's probably just easier to replace the controller. The Ps4 charging station charges through the bottom inputs. So that may also be worth just picking up.

I might do both just to see if I can charge the first controller with the station while hedging the second controller at the $40 price. Thanks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

we're all friends here TFrazorsaw

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

i like you cause you are outspoken and stick to your guns.

but like when someone posts a post you don't like post back a goofy gif of homer simpson being an idiot inferring that person is an idiot too, instead of whatever your first instinct is

I really don't like doing that, and it ties into what I was saying about making things weirdly personal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

matterfall is hype as gently caress for me. love housemarque

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I really don't like doing that, and it ties into what I was saying about making things weirdly personal.

I turned off Life is Strange 30 seconds into the game (rightfully and justifiably so) and everyone yelled at me. Post with no regrets and no mercy my friend.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

matterfall is hype as gently caress for me. love housemarque

I hope it's as Metroid as it looks

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you do not own the console for the corresponding games thread you should be banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JBP posted:

I turned off Life is Strange 30 seconds into the game (rightfully and justifiably so) and everyone yelled at me. Post with no regrets and no mercy my friend.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If I make things personal it's because Games has a really weird trend of people not liking games for really inane reasons or talking endlessly about things they don't like instead of just playing good games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Case in point that Life is Strange guy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when sony says something is available in a show it never is

was hoping to laugh deeply at the mvci story demo but its not up yet

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone that owns Dirt 4:

I've been playing the Dirt 4 career mode for a few hours and when I try to play the 3rd event, stage 1/1 of the Euro Sealed Rally, the game hard locks my PS4 Pro at the loading screen until the PS4 Pro crashes and I have to unplug the power cable in order to turn it off. I've reproduced this twice in a row, each time at the same spot. This is a pretty serious issue as it's putting my PS4 Pro's hard drive at risk.

I have replaced my save data with last night's save data from the cloud, thinking maybe it was a corrupted file. Nope, still hard locks my console at the exact same spot. After yanking the power cable for the third time and restarting my console, I'm going to back up all of my save data to the cloud, delete Dirt 4, then redownload it to see if maybe it is a corrupted file in the game that might be fixed by a reinstall.

Anyone have any ideas? This is hosed and if I lose my hard drive because of it I'm going to be pissed as all hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HonorableTB posted:

Anyone that owns Dirt 4:

I've been playing the Dirt 4 career mode for a few hours and when I try to play the 3rd event, stage 1/1 of the Euro Sealed Rally, the game hard locks my PS4 Pro at the loading screen until the PS4 Pro crashes and I have to unplug the power cable in order to turn it off. I've reproduced this twice in a row, each time at the same spot. This is a pretty serious issue as it's putting my PS4 Pro's hard drive at risk.

I have replaced my save data with last night's save data from the cloud, thinking maybe it was a corrupted file. Nope, still hard locks my console at the exact same spot. After yanking the power cable for the third time and restarting my console, I'm going to back up all of my save data to the cloud, delete Dirt 4, then redownload it to see if maybe it is a corrupted file in the game that might be fixed by a reinstall.

Anyone have any ideas? This is hosed and if I lose my hard drive because of it I'm going to be pissed as all hell.

you can probably get a refund for that if you call support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

you can probably get a refund for that if you call support

Codemasters or Sony?