Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheTomasRios/status/874656669921415170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fake News!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

on the other hand I don't really think the Warriors or basically any NBA team wants to go to the Trump White House

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Steph smoking a cigar with two hands was funnier than Durant spitting out the beer

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Steph smoking a cigar with two hands was funnier than Durant spitting out the beer

Steph smoking a cigar? Isn't he worried about the health repercussions? He is an athlete and that seems very dangerous!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/874481682283364352

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probably the worst thing about this is all the app developers and vampire capitalists feeling vindicated and smug this morning.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Oh no the techbros won (as they go back to their 120k programming jobs living in a literal perfect climate) a championship!!!!!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Okay, now that that's all over, let's talk about important stuff: who wants Carmelo Anthony? I mean that as a serious topic of conversation. Where does he fit? I honestly can't figure out where he can go or in what situation he would actually be a positive for a team. Is there any team that a) can take him that b) would actually need him? A Griffin-less Clippers team?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Disgusting

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The people I don't like had a team from the city they live in win a thing noooooooooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I can deal with the loss I cannot deal with Durant failing to Stone Cold Salute

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

as far as I'm concerned Stunning Steve Austin of the Hollywood Blonds borrowed all his entrance bits from Sandman of the ECW

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

OzFactor posted:

Okay, now that that's all over, let's talk about important stuff: who wants Carmelo Anthony? I mean that as a serious topic of conversation. Where does he fit? I honestly can't figure out where he can go or in what situation he would actually be a positive for a team. Is there any team that a) can take him that b) would actually need him? A Griffin-less Clippers team?

Wizards need a reliable bench scorer badly

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The people I don't like had a team from the city they live in win a thing noooooooooo

Love too defend the guy that invented the juice squeezing machine.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TBeats posted:

They have five titles.

BAA titles don't count and titles won in other cities shouldn't really be counted either. Three is still excellent though.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

zoux posted:

Love too defend the guy that invented the juice squeezing machine.

Dan Gilbert stole people's houses. Who cares. You're not going to find a moral high ground in professional sports.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Steph smoking a cigar? Isn't he worried about the health repercussions? He is an athlete and that seems very dangerous!!!

The great ones tell lung cancer "not today"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

OzFactor posted:

What's his contract going to be? Are any teams going to offer a max? Seems unlikely. If he goes under it, teams with a need at SF/PF would fit. Timberwolves, Atlanta, Pacers?, 76ers if they want to get weird, Brooklyn because gently caress it, Utah to replace Hayward.....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Melo would be way more enticing as a player if he's willing to play PF full-time.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He's not willing to play any position full time. He'll sit out most defensive possessions.

TBeats posted:

The great ones tell lung cancer "not today"

cigar smoke doesn't go into the lungs! Mouth and throat cancer only!! Your joke is invalid!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4caWe7cn9U

both kevins played hard

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Important offseason news:

https://twitter.com/NBAcatwatch/status/874666043301670912

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
At least I'm going to be able to think back happily to these Warriors with the kids who are now like 8 years old and loving every minute and not a bunch of crones like you goofballs
That's right
I'm only hanging out with 9 year olds from now on

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know it's probably a slim chance but would anybody be really surprised if Kerr retired with his back issues?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TBeats posted:

I know it's probably a slim chance but would anybody be really surprised if Kerr retired with his back issues?

I've been talking about that with a friend, and yeah, I could see him talking a (much) smaller role in the organization. I am not ready for the Mike Brown era though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Marlo gonna go to golden state obv

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

EvanTH posted:

It was for 16 games for 16-0 meme reasons, which wasn't a great idea in retrospect because I forgot that there used to fewer games until relatively recently.

Going by minute does look more like the list of GOATs, just for you:
http://www.basketball-reference.com...er_by=ws_per_48
1) LeBron age 24
2) Mikan
3) Jordan
4) Kareem
5) Wilt
6) Frank Ramsey
7) Kawhi

You're an honorable man.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The NBA draft for next year is before the MVP announcement for this year lol

Why did they do it like this?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
A cat from the cat center could coach GSW to a title.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ramadu posted:

Marlo gonna go to golden state obv

He needs those corners

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TBeats posted:

I think there's a pretty decent chance he retires without retiring and sort of becomes a team philosophy and identity man while someone else does the day to day coaching. I feel terrible for him. He's been dealing with this botched spinal fusion for longer than it would take to get over Tuberculosis or Polio.

A full 1% of Spinal fusions result in cerebrospinal fluid leaks as far as I can tell from the pubmed and 20% result in no fusion and a larger percent result in no resolution of pain, it's like dental implants or something of that nature, there's a lot spinal fusion marketing, for what's not a bulletproof or optimal procedure by any means

He's hosed, unless someone is coming up with a new tech to unpop the meninges, some stem cell mesh thing, he might be hosed. I feel horrible for him. My dad's spine is totally hosed and he's agonizing over wether or not to get back surgery. The problem with being in massive pain all the time is that any chance at relief seems good, even if there's a huge chance of awful complications.
https://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/11575/treatment/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/spinal-fluid-leak-4-weeks-after-l4l5-discectomy Here's a thread of people complaining about how their CSF leaks never stopped after spinal surgery and their surgeons being like welp nothing I can do, wear a loving corset

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidural_blood_patch The standard treatment is really a treatment, it's not a fix, it's basically just replacing lost cerebrospinal fluid with blood

The upside of having a billionaire sillicon valley owner is that he'll be able to jump the line to access whatever the latest implantable whatvever whatever bullshit is, for a chance at relief

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 13, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

TBeats posted:

To have NBA coverage during a time there is usually none.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
yo dejan i don't have pms so ill just put this out but you let me know about ASTYM for my achilles injury like 2 weeks ago and i've been doing that poo poo at home and it is like a loving miracle

i can walk almost normally now in tennis shoes w/ a heel lift, just a slight hitch in my gait and i hope to see continued improvements

by the law of the desert i am your man now, ask a favor of me and u shall have it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

OzFactor posted:

We'll trade you Chandler Parsons for him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TBeats posted:

Probably so they can have rookies at the event to market bad teams as well.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

yo dejan i don't have pms so ill just put this out but you let me know about ASTYM for my achilles injury like 2 weeks ago and i've been doing that poo poo at home and it is like a loving miracle

i can walk almost normally now in tennis shoes w/ a heel lift, just a slight hitch in my gait and i hope to see continued improvements

by the law of the desert i am your man now, ask a favor of me and u shall have it

Hey man, that brings a tear my eye, which is very helpful to me, because all the nerves to my tear ducts from my eyes were cut so I have to use lubricating drops if I don't cry a tear of emotion. I hope it keeps working for you.

My message to America: GPs can't read all the literature, surgeons get tunnel vision for things that aren't surgery, don't be afraid to search journals and then use sci-hub.cc to get a feel for what's going on in the field of your chronic health condition

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey man, that brings a tear my eye, which is very helpful to me, because all the nerves to my tear ducts from my eyes were cut so I have to use lubricating drops if I don't cry a tear of emotion. I hope it keeps working for you.

My message to America: GPs can't read all the literature, surgeons get tunnel vision for things that aren't surgery, don't be afraid to search journals and then use sci-hub.cc to get a feel for what's going on in the field of your chronic health condition

Also trigger point therapy, even when done carefully on yourself, can change your life. Thank you for bringing awareness of soft tissue to the masses.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Libertine posted:

A cat from the cat center could coach GSW to a title.

Mark Jackson is the only creature on the planet who couldn't coach that team to a title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

euphronius posted:

I think the one thing I learned from that playoffs and finals is that Kevin love is really good.

He's come a long way since being a 6'5" doofus who gets in the way

He's a legit 6'10" now and is all over that court in positive ways

For the playoffs he shot 45% from 3 on 6.2 attempts and had a 29.7 drb%

His 6 points in game 5 were huge

• Locked thread