Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The doctor was in season 2, Travis smashed his head like a watermelon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Does anyone have any TRAVIS RAGE gifs?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It really felt weird that they make such a big deal about Travis being a Maori

Do you think they'd do something with that if he didnt go to planet avatar

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

It really felt weird that they make such a big deal about Travis being a Maori

Do you think they'd do something with that if he didnt go to planet avatar

Probably not, but when it became clear that these guys were basically separating them on race I suppose he was just like "I'm a brown person of a flavor you haven't killed yet, won't that be neat?" but it was bad writing. It would have been worse and weird writing if after three seasons he got all religious and started going on about the Gods of his people and displayed sudden ethnic powers.

I'm sure a version of that exists on the cutting room floor.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Probably not, but when it became clear that these guys were basically separating them on race I suppose he was just like "I'm a brown person of a flavor you haven't killed yet, won't that be neat?" but it was bad writing. It would have been worse and weird writing if after three seasons he got all religious and started going on about the Gods of his people and displayed sudden ethnic powers.

I'm sure a version of that exists on the cutting room floor.

He can still do the odd appearance as a vision to become Madison's spirit maori.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Rocksicles posted:

Came to talk cool poo poo about Fear, realised it's the dumbfuckistan thread. Bummer ensued.

I like the show, I'll talk about cool poo poo with you.

Luvcow too but I haven't seen him around lately.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fionordequester posted:

I have to ask...who the heck WAS Geoff? Why was the daughter asking about him? I don't remember his name ever coming up before she entered that "Bible study".

If I remember right, when Alicia got invited to the 'bible study' the blonde girl mentioned Geoff. When asked about him, they explained he was the first zombie that stumbled near to the camp, and Troy beheaded it.

Guess they might have known him preapocalypse, or that they just arbitrarily gave him a name, kept the head, and get hosed up and dick around with it like some poor man's Oujia board for kicks.

I think Strand could have the most interesting plot as usual this season. Two episodes now and he attempts to/manages to make a deal and gets in trouble for it.

moist turtleneck posted:

Alicia stabbed the Hotel 'doctor' to death. They came looking for revenge on Travis b/c doc's brother got his head cracked by Travis and died on the operating table when his brother was trying to perform trepanation with some improvised surgical tools.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 13, 2017

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I liked the part where Nick said something like "we're not welcome here we are probably in danger and should do something about it" and Madison and Alicia immediately assumed the worst, but had opposite reactions.

Madison: "Whatever you're thinking, DON'T, we need this place don't gently caress it up"

Alicia: "What are you planning DO YOU WANT MY KNIFE??"

Nick: "...I was gonna suggest we just like, leave and... go somewhere else?"

Also the previews for next week make it look like it's gonna be a Daniel and Strand episode and I'm really looking forward to it. Even with the most recent episode being kind of a slow one, I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes of this season of FTWD than like all of season 7 of TWD. It might still be full of unrealistic poo poo but it's more fun than the main show at this point. :shrug:
And I like that they touch on themes/subjects I always wished they'd do in the main series or even at least the Tell Tale games. Like when they were on the boat for a while. Now we have ZA vs doomsday preppers.

There are definitely things I'd change about the writing but overall I find this an entertaining show.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Acacia REI posted:

And I like that they touch on themes/subjects I always wished they'd do in the main series or even at least the Tell Tale games. Like when they were on the boat for a while. Now we have ZA vs doomsday preppers.

Hey is Season 3 good?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Season 3 has been fine compared to the Walking Dead slop this season

Most of the characters are still idiots but El Salvidad and Suave Black Man have been amazing

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Season 3 has been fine compared to the Walking Dead slop this season

Most of the characters are still idiots but El Salvidad and Suave Black Man have been amazing

I meant the Tell Tale series.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, those games are boring

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm halfway through ep 3 right now and it's better than season 2 but not quite as good as season 1. It is very much worth picking up if you liked the others at all, and as has been stated already, the writing is leagues better than in the main show or comic.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Cactus posted:

I'm halfway through ep 3 right now and it's better than season 2 but not quite as good as season 1. It is very much worth picking up if you liked the others at all, and as has been stated already, the writing is leagues better than in the main show or comic.

I'm so sad its not on the Vita, all my choices gone. I'm sure there is someone online with a save editor or something to get the broadstrokes in there.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm so sad its not on the Vita, all my choices gone. I'm sure there is someone online with a save editor or something to get the broadstrokes in there.

Those kind of games make good LPs to watch because you miss out on very little of the experience from not actually playing it yourself. Well, other than being the one actually choosing the dialogue options, which more often than not only change the tone of the story and the characters attitudes towards you rather than the broad strokes of the story itself.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

LadyPictureShow posted:

If I remember right, when Alicia got invited to the 'bible study' the blonde girl mentioned Geoff. When asked about him, they explained he was the first zombie that stumbled near to the camp, and Troy beheaded it.

Guess they might have known him preapocalypse, or that they just arbitrarily gave him a name, kept the head, and get hosed up and dick around with it like some poor man's Oujia board for kicks.

Cool! Thank you so much for the response!

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Yeah, I'm really liking it. It may actually be my favorite in the series so far.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The best character on the show is back in some form.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tenzarin posted:

The best character on the show is back in some form.

I'm giving 3-1 odds that he's a hallucination brought on by Strand's feelings of guilt

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Well that made me dry heave.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm giving 3-1 odds that he's a hallucination brought on by Strand's feelings of guilt

Definitely not, writers confirmed last season that he was alive and would be back for season 3.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Everyone else gets fresh handmade quesadillas, Daniel gets some kind of food-paste

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So they clean up zombies in the pipes but they don't remove tires and other poo poo? I'm guessing the tires washed down pipe too?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I think that was one of the best episodes of either show!

I also hope next week is Strand and Daniel buddy road trip in the Jag.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet but it's nice seeing FTWD get generally positive posts/discussion on the dumb official fb page instead of the sea of usual "this show sux plz cancel" posts.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good luck water dam people, have fun.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Astroman posted:

The quality of this episode wiped its rear end with the rest of the show. Glad to see Epic Salvidad is back.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Good to see Daniel and Strand uphold the tradition of wrecking a settlement almost immediately after arriving and leaving a wake of bodies in their path. These guys probably actually deserved it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

Good to see Daniel and Strand uphold the tradition of wrecking a settlement almost immediately after arriving and leaving a wake of bodies in their path. These guys probably actually deserved it.

The way Fear does morality I always feel like I'm in a Fallout or Mass Effect game watching it.

When Daniel grabbed the woman I totally felt like there as an option bar with choices of "[TOSS HER OFF]" "[FAST TALK]" [SHOOT THEM]"

All seriousness aside I continue to believe this show would be better if it was the El Salivdad & Strand show.

RedSpider posted:

The quality of this episode wiped its rear end with the rest of the show. Glad to see Epic Salvidad is back.

He and Strand are just so much more interesting than the other characters by a mile. I used to like Nick but he's become too strange for his own good.

If AMC wanted to boldly save the show they should flip the script, have Madison's plan to take the place over backfire, and wipe out the entire rest of that family. gently caress all the leads and make it the story of El Salivdad. I'd be all in.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Astroman posted:

Honestly, this was a really good episode and was probably the best TV Walking Dead thing since the first episode of the original series.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
God drat, who would have thought the secret to making the show good was just doing it all in Spanish?

Kill all the loving gringos imo. I want to see the Daniel and Ephraim show!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure if it was a smart decision for water guy to ride his bike blasting AGUA AGUA when people are actively looking for the dude stealing water

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not sure if it was a smart decision for water guy to ride his bike blasting AGUA AGUA when people are actively looking for the dude stealing water

Yeah that was so weird, that was when I was nodding off so I just kept hearing that over and over and over...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tortuga posted:

God drat, who would have thought the secret to making the show good was just doing it all in Spanish?

Kill all the loving gringos imo. I want to see the Daniel and Ephraim show!

Es verdad.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
FtWD's latest episode was probably its best one yet. I'm happy to see this episode getting such positive reviews. It really was praiseworthy.

I always loved Daniel's backstory. I remember being so surprised that the writers gave him that sort of story. It's not something that comes up much in American media, the CIA-trained American-taxpayer-funded death squads of South America. The coups, the CIA adventuring, the School of the Americas, the Chicago School of Economics. There were many killers that were rewarded for killing with a life in the USA, just like Daniel Salazar. They were even allowed to bomb their own and American citizens in Washington DC.

Perhaps a future storyline for FtWD will involve Daniel reaching out to one of his contacts in DC, or Georgia (location of the School of Americas). I imagine the characters will soon be heading north. I assume entire episodes in NOT ENGLISH?!?!?!?!?! can't be great for viewership.

Re: The bike playing AGUA AGUA. I think he did that to attract the dead, to have them form a barrier between himself and the gunmen in the truck, and to clog doorways and alleys to prevent a foot pursuit.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

From Forbes: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Is Now Officially Better Than 'The Walking Dead'

Which is saying a lot because everything else they've ever written about FtWD before the current season has been pretty scathing.

But at the same time it's not saying a lot because last season of The Walking Dead was pretty bad.

Anyway I agree with the points the article made.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

moved here from the Better Call Saul thread:

quote:

the bad guys had them lined up to get knocked out and have their throats slit.

They keep doing this and then deus ex machina keeps mauling the bad guy after a monologue that goes on just the right amount of time. They sacrifice a cast member each season to the ratings like it's a gladiator in a lion pit TV show, so people can say "What happened?" "They went a place and a character died" "Original group?" "Oh yeah" "Yeah, something definitely happened, all right"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think a big issue I have with the current walking dead is they don't remember the stuff they've learned over the years

Trap man stops making traps

Carol stops being Carol

They don't douse them selves with guts when it would be the logical thing to do

They aren't hiding guns in their community when an inevitable attack is coming

They don't shoot the loving bad guy

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Yeah that last one is sorta critical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Hey guys... guys...

"Phalanx, out!"

Yea, I'm pretty pleased with that, continue on.