Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
They're still extremely good.
Calaeno Harpy is probably the best bronze Monsters has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I can't decide on this trio of cards:

Pavetta
Ocvist
Peter Saar Gwynleve -- this one is holographic or whatever, the guy moves

They all seem kind of interesting...I don't play Nilfgaard much, but Peter seems really useful? Is he better than the other two?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

You should already have a Peter from the starter deck. According to http://gwentify.com/card-picker/ the choice is Ocvist. I've never seen Pavetta played against me.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xtanstic posted:

You should already have a Peter from the starter deck. According to http://gwentify.com/card-picker/ the choice is Ocvist. I've never seen Pavetta played against me.

It says I do not own any of them.

EDIT: OH I guess it's cause I don't own any holographic Peters

well gently caress playing as Nilfgaard time to add another dragon to my ranks

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 13, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Probably would have picked the holo Peter there, he's getting a nerf so that would have been a free legendary.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Probably would have picked the holo Peter there, he's getting a nerf so that would have been a free legendary.

where were you when I needed you

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
they have to be crafted???

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Up Circle posted:

they have to be crafted???

afaik you just have to own them before the patch.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

where were you when I needed you

:negative:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
good thing i unboxed that cerys yesterday in that case

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bearmageddon is upon us. Patch out.

https://playgwent.com/en/news#6130

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Holy poo poo I didn't expect that. Lets see how much scrap I got.

Edit: None. So I guess the scrap refund isn't live yet.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So what Golds should I invest in with 2,7 scrap I now have if I wanted to branch out from Monstering? I don't have any Gold Neutrals that weren't given to me at the start and, like, Zoltan for Scoia'tael.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Got nearly 4k scraps without any shenanigans at all, just milled everything that was nerfed. Pretty much enough to build one full deck, just got to make a good decision as to which one..

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Remember, at least until the open beta ends: Do NOT press that mill spare cards button! I just got 6000+ extra scrap because of the nerfed duplicates I could mill.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

Remember, at least until the open beta ends: Do NOT press that mill spare cards button! I just got 6000+ extra scrap because of the nerfed duplicates I could mill.

Until I have at least one properly competitive deck I value 1000 scraps now over 2000 scraps later.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have both Yennefer and Triss Butterfly gold cards, which are a nice buff for 'lots of units on the board' decks, so I will try to make a spam monster deck with them. But I don't have Iris, or the full crones, or Geels or or Caretaker anything fancy like that. Let's see what I can do then with good ol' commander's horns and thunderbolt potions...

I have some fire scorpions and mangonels now, maybe I can try a true reveal deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Turin Turambar posted:

I have both Yennefer and Triss Butterfly gold cards, which are a nice buff for 'lots of units on the board' decks, so I will try to make a spam monster deck with them. But I don't have Iris, or the full crones, or Geels or or Caretaker anything fancy like that. Let's see what I can do then with good ol' commander's horns and thunderbolt potions...

I have some fire scorpions and mangonels now, maybe I can try a true reveal deck.
Monsters is what you want for that. Iris is fun but probably one of the weaker cards given that it's one of your only cleaver/auckes/donar targets.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Patch is up!

11k scrap and ready to roll.

Did anyone get that +30 scrap per keg bought? My account didn't have any extra scrap from that.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

adhuin posted:

Patch is up!

11k scrap and ready to roll.

Did anyone get that +30 scrap per keg bought? My account didn't have any extra scrap from that.

It's being rolled out at a later date. It takes time to verify purchases and give it out. I actually think someone is maybe doing it manually, as I randomly got about 3k scrap from something, which i'm assuming would have been one of my keg purchases.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
So can I still craft a rag na rog and then mill the premium to double my scrap? Or is it only ones crafted before the patch?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Cool.

Also buying Meteorite powder and Animating cards that are getting nerfed worked really nicely. I can finally expand non-Nilfgaard decks beyond Geralt/triss golds.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So can I still craft a rag na rog and then mill the premium to double my scrap? Or is it only ones crafted before the patch?

As far as I can tell, you can still craft and mill the premium now.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Tested this by crafting Vicovaro Novice and then milling it (Non-premium as I have no dust left)

-80 to make and +80 to mill. Seems to accept new crafts for full milling value.

Go hogwild and get the rares you always wanted.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I now have an absurd amount of scrap. This is fun.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

adhuin posted:

Tested this by crafting Vicovaro Novice and then milling it (Non-premium as I have no dust left)

-80 to make and +80 to mill. Seems to accept new crafts for full milling value.

Go hogwild and get the rares you always wanted.

Nice. I had a premium vicovaro medic which milled for 400 so I can afford the 800 now and had enough dust built up from level & rank rewards to premium rag.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Yeah. Premium cards are nice, but currently I'd rather have 2 regular rares instead.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Gonna have over 10k scrap when the refund hits

In the mean time, time to go rampant with spellige + bears

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Aaaand I think the servers blew up. Game's hanging on my opponent's turn with 0 seconds left.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Will you get a leader card when you hit 20 now?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

You get a gold card. Mine was Priscilla no.2.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Love the 800 free scraps. Now I can craft all the monster cards I wanted :haw:

Any advice on any small tweaks I could do to this deck? Maybe swap out one of the behemoths for a 3rd harpy? I could craft the crones also but it's a lot of my scrap :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 13, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm getting an "update failed" whenever I try to patch through the gog client. I can launch the game, but mill values aren't adjusted for me. Maybe the patch servers are busy?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Do Blue Stripes Commandos only spawn one base version for the entire trio? I thought it put one for each of them in the deck. Threw together an Igni Me Please deck for the first time in open beta and ran through my entire deck in a game and only saw 4 Commandos total. If so, what's the point of that ability? It seems to be antithetical with the Kaedweni Sergeants because if you have used any of them before the Trio ability then you can no longer pull the fourth Commando from your deck unless you do it manually, which isn't really worth it.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Do Blue Stripes Commandos only spawn one base version for the entire trio? I thought it put one for each of them in the deck. Threw together an Igni Me Please deck for the first time in open beta and ran through my entire deck in a game and only saw 4 Commandos total. If so, what's the point of that ability? It seems to be antithetical with the Kaedweni Sergeants because if you have used any of them before the Trio ability then you can no longer pull the fourth Commando from your deck unless you do it manually, which isn't really worth it.

Yeah, it is one base version for the trio, I thought it was really weird too. Best use I found for it was if Foltest is your leader, Reaver Scouts (or, for a longshot, well-fed cow) gets buffed up to 3 from his leader ability which you usually use on turn one, so they will summon the base commando. Also can summon Ves, if you have her, which isn't the worst case in the world, since she will be one strength higher than Kaedweni Sergeants so she will protect them from scorch.

You could also use Dandelion to buff them up in your deck and summon them with something else, which would fit if you were playing Henselt and sergeants buff everything to 6, rather than Foltest. Personally, I like Foltest better, and also I don't have Dandelion.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Even I, a fairly baby gwentler, now have 5300 scrap. :toot:

some of which may admittedly go right back into cards I busted up

Now I just need to figure out how I want to build my new and upgraded monsters deck.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 13, 2017

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

So NR machines is dogshit, no big surprise there. Loses to every single combo deck in the game.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Lol, I'm finding more bullshit matches now, not less, in comparison with before. The reason, despite having a balance patch? The extra scrap everyone has, people are using it to craft the most OP cards so they appear even at lower levels. I had 2 Tibors in 3 matches, and I had barely fought against him before.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Have you considered crafting your own Tibor? (or another Power-Rare your deck could use)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

adhuin posted:

Have you considered crafting your own Tibor? (or another Power-Rare your deck could use)

Yes, yes... just commenting the status of the game right now.

I'm actually waiting a few days until the dust clears up to see what's best to craft.