Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

name 1 good mercurysteam game

why does that name sound familiar

*wikis*

euuuuuuugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Metroid: Samus Returns

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I liked Clive Barker Jericho.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pyrotek posted:

The graphics might not be great, but the music sounds amazing at least.

The 3d will be insanely good too

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

He was given the Japanese Retirement - since you can't fire people who have been there forever, he's been shuttled off to lead the C teams on projects that don't matter.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

All I now is that just from what they're showing this looks good so I'm not going to freak out about supposedly bad developers

Yeah, Mirror of Fate didn't really hide its badness. It looked bad and awkward right from the start. This, at least, looks promising.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lemming posted:

The 3d will be insanely good too

Jfc

Would've been awesome if they made this for their good current handheld instead of their terrible old handheld.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

game looks good. maybe mercurysteam made a good game with metroid? it looks pretty good. personally I really want Fusion/Zero Mission on Switch but hey, like nobody played Metroid 2 so this is a great way to bring it all full circle

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Help I can't stop cumming

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Grapplejack posted:

He was given the Japanese Retirement - since you can't fire people who have been there forever, he's been shuttled off to lead the C teams on projects that don't matter.

ah, so he didn't go anywhere as the lead on metroid

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.
Unlike Mirror of Fate, Metroid 2 as a game already exists. All these developers are doing is making it look prettier and adding more mechanics on top of it. It will be very hard for them to mess it up to the point of being unplayable.

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

Kirios posted:

Guys no one's going to care about AM2R, this is an official Nintendo game.

At best you'll be the nerds in the corner of the room, raising your glasses, and talking about this dumb fan remake while everyone else just rolls their eyes at you.

You're cool!!!!!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Steve2911 posted:

Don't be a dick. He did an amazing job and his game was, visually, far better than this.

wasn't it made using a ton of assets ripped from Fusion/Zero Mission?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

honestly if you told me Nintendo developed this i would believe you, it looks pretty polished and has the proper tempo and atmosphere and music of Metroid

e: oh people from zero mission worked on this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i honestly don't get why people remake games from a franchise without permission

just say its inspired by X and just change up the names and the designs a tad

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Yeah, I don't remember that bad Castlevania game, but I do remember thinking it looked awful when they showed it at E3. This looks good so it probably will be.

Nintendo is pretty good at getting good results out of suspect game developers. (e.g. Eternal darkness)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lessail posted:

ah, so he didn't go anywhere as the lead on metroid

:negative:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

i didn't play whatever castlevania game yall are talking about but this metroid game looks fine so far

It was a mediocre Metroidvania set in between Lords of Shadows 1 and 2 to explain how there could be an Alucard

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

eonwe posted:

i honestly don't get why people remake games from a franchise without permission

worked great for freedom planet

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Roundabout Route posted:

Unlike Mirror of Fate, Metroid 2 as a game already exists. All these developers are doing is making it look prettier and adding more mechanics on top of it. It will be very hard for them to mess it up to the point of being unplayable.

If it goes in the same direction Zero Mission did it will be very good.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

honestly if you told me Nintendo developed this i would believe you, it looks pretty polished and has the proper tempo and atmosphere and music of Metroid

i hope the different areas has a different color than yellow

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ohtsam posted:

Nintendo is pretty good at getting good results out of suspect game developers. (e.g. Eternal darkness)

Also, Metroid Prime. It was apparently looking really bad until Nintendo went to Texas, cancelled everything else Retro was fooling around with, and forced them to make a good game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

eonwe posted:

Nostalgia holds these projects together

No one makes those kind of games with different designs because they are bad

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

things get easy attention from people when it's based on a thing they already like

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to buy this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lessail posted:

i hope the different areas has a different color than yellow
I assume they will, but it won't be hard to make a more distinct batch of areas than the original Metroid 2 and its 3 shade palette

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Apparently MecuryStream have been working on a Metroid game since 2015, but Nintendo shifted them to another project. I guess they just cut out the Wii U version.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/exclusive_mercurysteam_has_been_working_on_a_metroid_prototype_for_wii_u_and_3ds

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

It was a mediocre Metroidvania set in between Lords of Shadows 1 and 2 to explain how there could be an Alucard

are you saying dracula hosed in it

'cause i don't know how that couldn't be great

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

I assume they will, but it won't be hard to make a more distinct batch of areas than the original Metroid 2 and its 3 shade palette

hey man i think u mean green

the counter move looks good

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lessail posted:

scan pulse? ehhh

Where was that?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Isn't Lords of Shadow a separate continuity from the previous Castlevania games?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This translator sounds a lot like Tim Heidecker

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
The graphics are a little uninspired. They don't really convey the gritty, alien tone that other 2D Metroid titles have.
They don't look BAD, just a little cartoony.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best thing about 3DS Metroid is base price of $40 rather than $60

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

eonwe posted:

Sometimes people just want to work with the material directly. Usually doesn't stop fan animations for anime or movies, or fan movies, or even other fan games. Working with knockoff thing isn't really the same, and we know that plenty well as consumers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Realtalk thanks for saving E3 Goku

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Harrow posted:

Isn't Lords of Shadow a separate continuity from the previous Castlevania games?

Yeah, it was said to be from the very start. The first Lord of Shadow was pretty fun from what I remember. Only got pass the Ice Golem boss. Second game was rear end from what I seen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Where is that sweater from?!

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

am I crazy or is he really really hard to understand, I didn't even know it was english at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted: