Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Man I must have read 50 achilles recovery blogs and no one talked about soft tissue massage but most of them are focused on surgery rehab which wasn't really applicable. Only ONE site mentioned blunt force damage and that was still about surgery. Its more a failure of my health care provider in sum. Surgical podiatry, regular podiatry, and rehab were all loving useless to me. Physical therapy had no one to do soft tissue work, they recommend I go outside (wtf am i paying for??)

At least my surgical pod gave me time off to recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

EvanTH posted:

Mark Jackson is the only creature on the planet who couldn't coach that team to a title

The only coach with a pure negative WARP.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

Man I must have read 50 achilles recovery blogs and no one talked about soft tissue massage but most of them are focused on surgery rehab which wasn't really applicable. Only ONE site mentioned blunt force damage and that was still about surgery. Its more a failure of my health care provider in sum. Surgical podiatry, regular podiatry, and rehab were all loving useless to me. Physical therapy had no one to do soft tissue work, they recommend I go outside (wtf am i paying for??)

It's not good for the medical industry's profits for people to realize that a lot of their problems can be fixed by an educated masseuse

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

ex post facho posted:

i kinda think im a spurs fan now. theyre one of the only franchises that has maintained constancy through great FO work without scraping the shook barrel. most of their talent is organic and in house and pop is still the best HC in thr league.

i love the nuggets but man it is exhausting knowing your team will never make the finals ever

i will always hate manu tho. :colbert:

sorry, but one of the requirements for spurs fandom is manu worship. its a strict policy, especially with his retirement imminent.

other than that, i can only highly recommend the spurs. great organization to cheer for. great players, good stories, players actually develop and find success. its a ton of fun to follow during the course of a season. next year should be a good one to because dejounte is up and coming and kawhi is most likely about to have his best 5-7 seasons starting next year. spurs are going to be hungry next year and are one of the few teams who can potentially beat the warriors. oh yeah, plus a free bashez always there to make you feel better about everything

other potential team to bandwagon: memphis grizzlies. they're cool as gently caress.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Libertine posted:

A cat from the cat center could coach GSW to a title.

I've got two cats that are ready to start their NBA coaching careers!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the spurs are the warriors except their boring players dont have an insane need to be loved and dont fake a personality

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Personality is a trait Pop eliminated through selective breeding programs several generations ago

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If you want everyone to assume that you're a racist idiot and you would like to spend years posting here to try to break free of the stereotype, the Boston Celtics are your team.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
go pelicans

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Cool Buff Man posted:

If you want everyone to assume that you're a racist idiot and you would like to spend years posting here to try to break free of the stereotype, the Boston Celtics are your team.

I still don't get how the celtics fans got a rep of being horrible racists more they any other team. Are there horrible celtic fans? Hell yes there are, but every team has some those same people hanging out. Atlanta had their GM talking about how Deng had some African in him. It feels like racism is a problem everywhere but no one is talking about it unless they want to dump on the celtic fans.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

the spurs are the warriors except their boring players dont have an insane need to be loved and dont fake a personality

its kind of a marvel to me because i remember watching the warriors in like '13 and '14 and being like, hey this scrappy team is cool and going to be pretty good once they overcome their injury problems.

really, they should be even more widely appreciated because up until last year and their 73-9 season they really were a built not bought team that did everything right. but starting last year, or even mid the year before they started to get insanely hyped by the media and their players started becoming increasingly off-putting and i just found myself hating them. then they added kevin durant and ruined the west, which is unforgivable.

Cool Buff Man posted:

this made me chuckle a bit. a hearty recommendation

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

evil_cheese posted:

I still don't get how the celtics fans got a rep of being horrible racists more they any other team. Are there horrible celtic fans? Hell yes there are, but every team has some those same people hanging out. Atlanta had their GM talking about how Deng had some African in him. It feels like racism is a problem everywhere but no one is talking about it unless they want to dump on the celtic fans.

the boston=racist stuff is incredibly well earned, even if cool buff man is Cool As Hell

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

evil_cheese posted:

Ask bill russell

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

sorry, but one of the requirements for spurs fandom is manu worship. its a strict policy, especially with his retirement imminent.

other than that, i can only highly recommend the spurs. great organization to cheer for. great players, good stories, players actually develop and find success. its a ton of fun to follow during the course of a season. next year should be a good one to because dejounte is up and coming and kawhi is most likely about to have his best 5-7 seasons starting next year. spurs are going to be hungry next year and are one of the few teams who can potentially beat the warriors. oh yeah, plus a free bashez always there to make you feel better about everything

other potential team to bandwagon: memphis grizzlies. they're cool as gently caress.

He's been an MVP candidate for the past couple seasons, I think he's been in the prime 5-7 years of his career for at least that long. I know he's still a year or two younger than the supposed 27-32 year old average prime of a player's career, but that is just an average, some players get there quicker than others. Either way, he's real good, and will be for a while barring injury.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

its kind of a marvel to me because i remember watching the warriors in like '13 and '14 and being like, hey this scrappy team is cool and going to be pretty good once they overcome their injury problems.

really, they should be even more widely appreciated because up until last year and their 73-9 season they really were a built not bought team that did everything right. but starting last year, or even mid the year before they started to get insanely hyped by the media and their players started becoming increasingly off-putting and i just found myself hating them. then they added kevin durant and ruined the west, which is unforgivable.

I just want to say, as a relatively new shitposter in this here dead basketball forum, RaySmuckles is someone I admire for his Takes. His Takes are genuine with just a hint of spice, exactly how I like my burritos. I don't even mind he's a Spurs fan, which is the milquetoast basketball fandom but shows a true appreciation for the sport. Thank you for the opportunity and the blessing of your posts

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

hahahahahahahah this made me spit my water up.

You're avatar just needs to tell people you're not actually from Boston. It would prevent so much hatred.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

There's some stuff about magic stem cells that's coming down the pipe for direct repair of damaged tendons but it seems like affecting the tissue either manually or with electrosity is really the way to go, if physical therapy doesn't solve it. Yeah the failure to recognize that busting up the gnarly scar tissue would help you not be in terrible pain is a failure.

I had to go to three different immunologists before I got one who understood what was going on despite me laying the timeline and symptoms out as clearly as possible with only one probable route to a solution, (basically it was mast cell activation disorder or bone cancer and it wasn't loving bone cancer). It's like the Uncle Jim song, "most navigators can't navigate, and if you give them a bigger boat, it only compounds the loving hopelessness."

I'm glad to have helped

Libertine posted:

The only coach with a pure negative WARP.

Mark Jackson did something for the Warriors that helped them reel in Andre Igoudala for below market value and eventually was partly responsible for Kevin Durant, he instilled that churchy culture that drew in Igoudala, and was a big factor in Durant's friendliness towards and appreciation of their team as it was killing him in the playoffs.

Steve Kerr installed a really good basketball system that took advantage of the strengths of his players, and what was set up to use the shooting of curry and the passing of Bogut allowed Draymond's multifacted basketball talent to emerge. The GM drafted the players, and Steph Curry's delicate ankles and Draymond's early free agency as a 2nd rounder allowed them to retain great players on massively below market deals.
The cap jumped and suddenly there was a place in the passing, move without the ball, laid back (aside from Draymond), prayer circle. Mark Jackson helped to create that circle. He also focused on defense, which is important to instill in young players before they've had success and decide they can just relax. I'm not arguing that he was a good person or good at coaching a basketball team to wins on the basketball court.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 13, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

I just want to say, as a relatively new shitposter in this here dead basketball forum, RaySmuckles is someone I admire for his Takes. His Takes are genuine with just a hint of spice, exactly how I like my burritos. I don't even mind he's a Spurs fan, which is the milquetoast basketball fandom but shows a true appreciation for the sport. Thank you for the opportunity and the blessing of your posts

thanks? :shrug:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

gently caress the warriors

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 13, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the league's rationale for moving the awards announcement to the end of June, because to me it seems stupid.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

hahahahahahahah this made me spit my water up.

You're avatar just needs to tell people you're not actually from Boston. It would prevent so much hatred.

Gonna change my av text to The Maine Man

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates whey everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQ-tUrAxcW/?hl=en

after i paid you such a compliment you go and say such hurtful things about golden state, cmon man they didn't make that stupid rear end image, BR did

zoux posted:

What's the league's rationale for moving the awards announcement to the end of June, because to me it seems stupid.

Continued Interest in NBA Product Over Time

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the only way the awards will be good is if some hosed up scandal or trade happens in the next few weeks leading to the awards being the first time where they can ask every player there about what happened

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

RaySmuckles posted:

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

hahahah I like the Warriors but Jesus Christ

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

after i paid you such a compliment you go and say such hurtful things about golden state, cmon man they didn't make that stupid rear end image, BR did

well, before this new forums friendship continues, i need to make it absolutely clear that i am firmly in camp "gently caress the warriors" and "kd is a bitch"

i'll never not feel that way. sorry, friend.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

That's fine I partially agree with both points even if I am a fairweather bandwagon fan

KD is a mama-boy-bitch but he's one deadly basketball player and Im glad he's on the Warriors and there are a ton of reasons to hate the Warriors but I still like em, they represent Cali well

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

Buddy Hield, looks like you made it

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

That's fine I partially agree with both points even if I am a fairweather bandwagon fan

KD is a mama-boy-bitch but he's one deadly basketball player and Im glad he's on the Warriors and there are a ton of reasons to hate the Warriors but I still like em, they represent Cali well

they are very good at basketball. kd is one of the best scorers i've ever seen and steph is probably the best shooter i've ever seen.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

I honestly couldn't tell what that said and thought it was just HELP

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RaySmuckles posted:

the warriors now here you go:

this iconography is confusing and I don't accept it as canon

freakin' database tech company logo elevated above all men, glowing in the heavenly sphere

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy get up

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

what are they gonna do with oracle when the warriors move to their stupidass downtown SF stadium

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

My first thought when looking at the picture.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

what are they gonna do with oracle when the warriors move to their stupidass downtown SF stadium

Maybe they'll turn it into a giant unflushed toilet bowl like the A's did with the Coliseum

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

this iconography is confusing and I don't accept it as canon

freakin' database tech company logo elevated above all men, glowing in the heavenly sphere

isnt someone supposed to be stepping on the constitution?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Craig K posted:

go pelicans

We are going to be so underachieving because things will happen that ensure it to be so.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

RaySmuckles posted:

they are very good at basketball. kd is one of the best scorers i've ever seen and steph is probably the best shooter i've ever seen.

I never wanna take Steph for granted. He doesn't always come through but man, he is the most broken bullshit in the league. He is changing the game by himself.

That's when the Warriors were like "we're light years ahead" it's like - duh, you got the guy who's the prototype for superstar point guards going forward. People gonna try to be like Curry for generations. You have a unique talent so you can do poo poo no other team can do.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

jackofarcades posted:

I never wanna take Steph for granted. He doesn't always come through but man, he is the most broken bullshit in the league. He is changing the game by himself.

That's when the Warriors were like "we're light years ahead" it's like - duh, you got the guy who's the prototype for superstar point guards going forward. People gonna try to be like Curry for generations. You have a unique talent so you can do poo poo no other team can do.

And he's not even the best player on the team. It's not fairrrrr!!! [bangs sippy cup on table]

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

jackofarcades posted:

the quickness of his shot and its incredible accuracy are otherworldly. it doesn't look natural. the guy is amazing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Oh yeah if Steph's so great why isn't he 7 foot tall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

We are going to be so underachieving because things will happen that ensure it to be so.

Pelicans are screwed unless they have wings, not combo forwards they slot into the 3 because they have no other choice.

• Locked thread