Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

To say Nintendo 'won' this year's E3 is an enormous understatement. Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie fils-Aime may as well have gone all the way and violently gangraped Kaz Hirai onstage during the Sony show.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pokemon didn't even have a loving logo or anything. Just "we're making it"

Sony's smoke and mirrors Shenmue 3 conference had loving more than that.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

To say Nintendo 'won' this year's E3 is an enormous understatement. Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie fils-Aime may as well have gone all the way and violently gangraped Kaz Hirai onstage during the Sony show.

his rear end in a top hat was completely bloodied and destroyed by the amount of win his rear end in a top hat was filled with today

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I'm excited about the new 2D Metroid, but I only caught a few moments. Anything highly negative anyone noticed about it, or does it look good so far?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Nintendo didn't have Days Gone at all and that makes them a thousand times better by default

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Uh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Morby posted:

What? Odyssey looks good and so does the BOTW DLC, but the same things people bitched about last night for Sony are present with Nintendo. Metroid for Switch was literally just a logo with no specific date. Kirby and Yoshi were trailers that won't be out until next year.

When did Nintendo dedicate like 20 minutes to bad zombie game, VR, and a David Cage blowjob.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I'm excited about the new 2D Metroid, but I only caught a few moments. Anything highly negative anyone noticed about it, or does it look good so far?

It looks real good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morby posted:

What? Odyssey looks good and so does the BOTW DLC, but the same things people bitched about last night for Sony are present with Nintendo. Kirby and Yoshi were trailers that won't be out until next year.
but that's not what people bitched about with Sony. Sony DIDN'T have trailers for brand new things, all they had was a fuckin Colossus remake (AGAIN) and a Monster Hunter that's multiplatform

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hell,

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Show some stat screens, I need those skill trees

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
just watched the xenobalde 2 stuff

people swords soul eater was ok

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nintendo had new videogames and titlecards that people wanted to see so yeah p sure they won

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

look man.

nothing will ever compare to the reveal of shenmue 3. NOTHING

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

When did Nintendo dedicate like 20 minutes to bad zombie game, VR, and a David Cage blowjob.

Let's not pretend Nintendo has never dedicated E3 times to a lovely gimmick. They didn't this year, but Skyward Sword gameplay instantly comes to mind as an example.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Harrow posted:

I really like how much actual gameplay and detail the E3 Treehouse streams show

Yeah. The metroid demo kinda dragged, but it's blatantly obvious that you're seeing an actual representation of someone playing the game. And that's really good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nintendo telling people about stuff way down the line is what they usually don't do and people bitch about it. This time they gave us a little taste of distant but extremely exciting things and then focused on the cool stuff that's coming soon. That's a great way to do it imo.

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
Thank you Sakamoto-san for the 2 1/2 metroid games

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

thank you goku-san

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Policenaut posted:

Guess which game is actually coming out tho

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
This Rabbids Mario game looks like a strategy game more than a shoot-em-mans game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like if you wanted more info on the stuff you already knew about then Sony was fine but if you look to E3 for what's next, it seems like there were very few new game reveals across the entirety of E3 and the majority of them came from Nintendo (with some from Ubisoft like that fuckin toys-to-life game) and the rest indies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The idea of using Mario characters in bounding overwatch with tactical spacing is just great

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

This Rabbids Mario game looks like a strategy game more than a shoot-em-mans game.

It is Mario XCOM

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I hate that Mario + Rabbids looks fun. Why couldn't he have crossed over with Rayman or another good property instead?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

thank you goku

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Morby posted:

Let's not pretend Nintendo has never dedicated E3 times to a lovely gimmick. They didn't this year, but Skyward Sword gameplay instantly comes to mind as an example.
We're talking about this year's E3.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

It looks like X-Com is the common sentiment

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see a 99-100% miss.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

And you will name it Flufflepuff

What, no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"You're not killing the Rabbids, you're actually saving them"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a Nintendo employee donkey punching a Bethesda developer - forever.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

To be fair that was the length of their whole conference.

I still didn't see much from 3rd parties. Sure Mario and mario+rabbids looked like fun but overall I was not very excited about their conference.
To be fair I think all of them were kinda underwhelming this year, just so much stuff I do not care about like VR, overpriced console refreshes and games that are to far from release to show properly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah Pokémon and Metroid 4 are great but I don't think literally just saying their names is enough to say Nintendo 'won' anything. They did a good little show but outside of Mario there wasn't anything that made me want a Switch before 2019.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"You're not killing the Rabbids, you're actually saving them"

no longer interested

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see Vahlen dissecting rabbids.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Help Im Alive posted:

no longer interested

You're saving them from life.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The idea of using Mario characters in bounding overwatch with tactical spacing is just great

It is Mario XCOM

Oh okay that's what they're going for. Barely familiar with the game. I'm surprised they are making this. Kinda seems like a stretch for a Mario game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Pokemon has 1000000 times more fans than Shenmue also the Pokemon game is actually going to get released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Is it just me, or...

Or...

does Mario + Rabbids look...

Good?

It reminds me more than a little of Valkyria Chronicles, and I like Valkyria Chronicles.

• Locked thread