Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

Why would you not?
They look worse than carpet.

Don't act like y'all aren't the weird ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

I have never heard of NOT having floor mats, dude.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

RFC2324 posted:

I have never heard of NOT having floor mats, dude.
What? We're talking rubber car mats vs regular carpet car mats. Not bare carpet.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

but... we're not.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Edit: super dumb argument. Post your mustangs.

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 13, 2017

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
It's ok Cage, I like the carpet also. When my current mat gets hosed up i'll just buy another carpet one. I don't really see why there's any discussion beyond that.

edit: A MAN HAS A RIGHT TO CHOOSE HIS MATS!!

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I thought about buying a plain black set to keep the mach 1s nice, but at what point do I switch them out? I just try to keep them as clean as I can.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Give up and e̦̠̜̲̠͔̬̰̳̕m͏̴̱̝̰̲̯b͝͏̠̣̗͖̼r̸̶̥̦̱͉͈̣̜̜͞ḁ̸͕̲͚̯͝ć̨͕̜̜̫̩é͕̩͈̭͇̳͎̱̙͟ ̴̨̗̮͘ͅt̸̷̩h̖̺̳̼̼̤̤̥ḙ͚̗̰̫̀ ͙́͟f̩̮i̛̬̻̻̪̩̱̮͜l̷̢̹̥̜͉ͅt͍͘h͚͉̺ͅ :unsmigghh:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

It's ok Cage, I like the carpet also.

As long as she keeps it well maintained it aint an issue.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Im running carpets in my stang with 24k miles and of years of constant abuse. :) no holes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I will have a weather tech mat under my coffin.

They've been phenomenal in all vehicles I've owned. Living somewhere with slushy, mucky seasons, grit-filled roads and a decent amount of time spent in the woods, they've saved the floors from so much water and filth.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Weathertech for life yo! I've had them in my last 3 or 4 Cherokees, and the mustang. I had huskyliners in the ST, and they for really well. I don't like the gap at the back of these ones though.

E: finally got it to work. Idk wtf the problem was

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
e: fixed

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 14, 2017

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got my mom a set of those for her sand-colored 328i interior. They look so good when the colors match perfectly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone added premium care to a mustang? It seems like cheap prepaid service for a car that will need it. From a sketchy internet dealer of course after purchase. Don't the radios in these break every time?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I have a speaker dying (it's really annoying) but it's a dealer visit or a visit to crutchfield away from getting fixed.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Elephanthead posted:

Has anyone added premium care to a mustang? It seems like cheap prepaid service for a car that will need it. From a sketchy internet dealer of course after purchase. Don't the radios in these break every time?

My Mustang has been the most reliable car I've ever owned.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I have the "lifetime" warranty on my Challenger and a year and 12k miles in not a problem. Manufacturing tolerances are much tighter now which allows these warranties to be offered without to much worry you will lose your shirt.

Of course if some thing like the uconnect unit goes it will be worth it :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BigPaddy posted:

I have the "lifetime" warranty on my Challenger and a year and 12k miles in not a problem. Manufacturing tolerances are much tighter now which allows these warranties to be offered without to much worry you will lose your shirt.

Of course if some thing like the uconnect unit goes it will be worth it :v:

I want to be there when you learn the truth about Chrysler. :allears: That lifetime warranty will probably be worth every penny.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

frozenphil posted:

My Mustang has been the most reliable car I've ever owned.

Mine live up to 'fix or repair daily' but at least they are easy to work on.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Larrymer posted:

I want to be there when you learn the truth about Chrysler. :allears: That lifetime warranty will probably be worth every penny.

I had a 1.4T dart that lost the turbo after one month and it took 3 months to fix it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Larrymer posted:

I will record it and put it on Youtube in all its glory.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Worse case it covers brakes when they break. I just feel confident the ford performance enhanced ecoboost will poo poo the bed within 8 years 100k miles of me driving it. People seem to get rid of them with low miles and I am just the ahole to buy one.

The warranty is $1,400.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm currently waiting for the Army to ship my car to Italy, and I am just stuck looking at pictures of my car. I can't loving wait to drive it here.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
What the hell is with those headlights?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
They are some aftermarket HALOs that look hella cool, and I have HID's in them, too. The halo turns on as soon as I put my key in my car, so I got a nice insurance discount plus it makes it safer to have something on. And it looks dope. The corner light is also a switchback LED! It is a white running light, and blinks in amber when blinker is engaged.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pros: hella cool, dope

Cons: :thunk:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It's good that you like them Vahakyla, that's what matters.

The rest of us will be over here, judging you.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Vahakyla posted:

They are some aftermarket HALOs that look hella cool, and I have HID's in them, too. The halo turns on as soon as I put my key in my car, so I got a nice insurance discount plus it makes it safer to have something on. And it looks dope. The corner light is also a switchback LED! It is a white running light, and blinks in amber when blinker is engaged.

I too put on aftermarket HIDs with halo parking lights, about a year ago:

The lenses aren't really tinted, it's just the hood overhang shading them.

I like the nice cutoff at the top of the beams even thought it was a pain getting it adjusted correctly. The bolt to adjust the starboard passenger side one is basically under some A/C piping so I had to use some insane flexible wrench extender that kinda sucked rear end: http://amzn.to/2sdP8nn

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

130k miles, still going strong.

Did a brake upgrade (SVT Brembo upgrade kit), *drat* the new brakes are fantastic.

Suspension refresh coming in, going to an all-BMR setup (K-member/A-Arms first, followed by Watts Link after, Koni level 3 package for springs/dampers).

After it handles good, then it's time to check on the state of things in the engine in preparation for adding more power. Depending on how bad/good it is I may or may not be considering a Coyote swap.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mechaet posted:

130k miles, still going strong.

Did a brake upgrade (SVT Brembo upgrade kit), *drat* the new brakes are fantastic.

Suspension refresh coming in, going to an all-BMR setup (K-member/A-Arms first, followed by Watts Link after, Koni level 3 package for springs/dampers).

After it handles good, then it's time to check on the state of things in the engine in preparation for adding more power. Depending on how bad/good it is I may or may not be considering a Coyote swap.

Do a eco boost swap. The kit is only 8k, engine and computar.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Has anyone ever replaced a TPS on their own before? How hard it is without a multimeter? Can you reasonably get it installed and working right without one?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

Do a eco boost swap. The kit is only 8k, engine and computar.

I haven't driven anything with less than 8 cylinders in nearly a decade. I'm not going back.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mechaet posted:

I haven't driven anything with less than 8 cylinders in nearly a decade. I'm not going back.

Well you have been driving a v8 with the power of a 6 cylinder so you just need one more step.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

Well you have been driving a v8 with the power of a 6 cylinder so you just need one more step.

I had a 2011 before this; I'm aware of what the Coyote has on offer. This was the more financially-compatible 8-cylinder for me after the 2011 was destroyed. I'll eventually be back up in power, but I don't think I could ever get used to the sound of anything lower than 8 cylinders, unless it was stupidly fast to compensate (and the ecocrap 4cyl doesn't count).

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Finally I get to see a real Mustang owner in this thread.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What are the rest of us? I wouldn't want a non V8 mustang either.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Wait, they make non V8 Mustangs?

Next you'll tell me people choose automatics on purpose too.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Dinurth posted:

Next you'll tell me people choose automatics on purpose too.

The saddest types of people, those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

mechaet posted:

I had a 2011 before this; I'm aware of what the Coyote has on offer. This was the more financially-compatible 8-cylinder for me after the 2011 was destroyed. I'll eventually be back up in power, but I don't think I could ever get used to the sound of anything lower than 8 cylinders, unless it was stupidly fast to compensate (and the ecocrap 4cyl doesn't count).

Stock for stock, aren't 3v GT's of that era still faster than new Ecoboosts?