Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Internet: "Why doesn't Nintendo at least tell us they are working on hot titles that we love? It doesn't need footage just confirm it's important."

*Nintendo does exactly that*

The Internet: "Ugh that isn't a real piece of news that's just saying they are working on it what a bunch of bullshit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

spudsbuckley posted:

One game that is already on everything else that peaked in popularity 2 years ago when it was given away free on PS+.

Nothing in that conference is going to get me to spend 300 euro bucks on the Wii U 2. Sequels to stuff i am sort of tired of and title cards for stuff that might come out in 2018.

The treehouse is literally showcasing a 3rd party developed game that was first announced at this E3 as we speak.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Abroham Lincoln posted:

There was also the giant piss waterfall!

Was that an actual waterfall or just a projection

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It was nice of Sony to relegate all of their good and interesting games like Yakuza and Ni No Kuni and stuff to random throwaway twitter updates and show half an hour of DayZ Gone and Depressed Middle Aged Dad of War instead. loving nailed it this year Sony

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I hope you all enjoy your Nintendo games but i just don't give a gently caress about any of their franchises any more.

I'm not even saying they make bad games, i just couldn't care less about them any more.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

spudsbuckley posted:

The next Life is Strange thing is out on the 31st of August so i genuinely don't give two shits about anything else that happened at E3.

When I found out they recast Chloe because of the SAG strike my interest in this dropped to zero

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The Internet: "Why doesn't Nintendo at least tell us they are working on hot titles that we love? It doesn't need footage just confirm it's important."

They coulda done this with Smash and I would've been perfectly content but nooooooooooow we had to see like. rocket league

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Nintendo's E3 made me want to buy a Switch like, a year from now, and I think that's pretty good tbh. I hope they make an Animal Crossing game for it.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Quest For Glory II posted:

metroid prime 4 is not out in september, metroid 2 remake is

Holy poo poo there are more Metroid games coming out? Okay gonna check this out thank you.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I found out they recast Chloe because of the SAG strike my interest in this dropped to zero

Well there goes my interest in that game as well.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

The youtube stream just showed some Forza 7 and i released i completely blanked on it even existing despite watching the entire MS conference.

They are really milling these loving things out :/
Hasn't it been an annual franchise (with Horizon) since it started? Or maybe there was a 2 year gap somewhere.

spudsbuckley posted:

I hope you all enjoy your Nintendo games but i just don't give a gently caress about any of their franchises any more.

I'm not even saying they make bad games, i just couldn't care less about them any more.
Ok?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

spudsbuckley posted:

One game that is already on everything else that peaked in popularity 2 years ago when it was given away free on PS+.

Nothing in that conference is going to get me to spend 300 euro bucks on the Wii U 2. Sequels to stuff i am sort of tired of and title cards for stuff that might come out in 2018.

*loads up eShop*

Holy poo poo... everything is first-party now....!!?!??!?!!?!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was nice of Sony to relegate all of their good and interesting games like Yakuza and Ni No Kuni and stuff to random throwaway twitter updates and show half an hour of DayZ Gone and Depressed Middle Aged Dad of War instead. loving nailed it this year Sony

Don't forget twenty minutes of VR ports of old Bethesda open world games.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

imagine if they spent 30 minutes doing montages of the karaoke in yakuza games instead

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

ok

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spudsbuckley posted:

Uh ok cool

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Josuke Higashikata posted:

imagine if they spent 30 minutes doing montages of the karaoke in yakuza games instead

30 minutes of ROUGE of LOVE.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

Good, less threads for me to have to read your whining in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Joyless Gamer

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This song is cool and good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres music samples from xenoblade 2 up on th website. first ones by yasunori mitsuda i thnk and the second sounds like a riff on you will know our names, havent heard the others

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/index.html

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The Internet: "Ugh that isn't a real piece of news that's just saying they are working on it what a bunch of bullshit!"

The internet isn't one guy yelling into a pipe. Different people want different things.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steve2911 posted:

The internet isn't one guy yelling into a pipe. Different people want different things.

Yeah and some of them are wrong

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No hector, no fire emblem

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

That guy really sucks
games spuds thinks are bad:

Nier Automota
The Witcher 3
Dragon's Dogma
Stardew Valley

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FirstAidKite posted:

No hector, no fire emblem

I got bad news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwIgcEGz40

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
So Metroid Prime 4 is NOT being developed by the original Retro team.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-12-metroid-prime-4-in-development-for-nintendo-switch

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Generally people are annoyed with things like the BG&E2 reveal which is a nice cinematic that takes up a good chunk of time and then "lol acutally there's no game yet, it'll be out within a few years maybe if we don't cancel it first"

It seems weird to get upset with a twenty second thing that says "we're working on game x ok see ya"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Steve2911 posted:

*tubes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

games spuds thinks are bad:

Nier Automota
The Witcher 3
Dragon's Dogma
Stardew Valley

LOL

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Only thing I'm not into with FE Warriors so far is that everybody's a sword person

Show me some other types of characters please

Corrin looks cool with all the dragon stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Imagine a sequel to God of War but instead of being a hyperviolent fast paced action game it's a very serious and somber game made by and for depressed middle aged men who lost their fine motor skills and need a virtual child to protect, like The Last of Us was, complete with slow rear end gameplay and over the shoulder view... how awesome would that be?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lost axe man, him name hector blue lord

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

Only thing I'm not into with FE Warriors so far is that everybody's a sword person

Bet they have other classes since they mentioned the weapon triangle is in. Would suck to have nothing but sword users and the enemy is spear users.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Regy Rusty posted:

They mentioned the weapon triangle playing a part so I would assume they exist even if they don't have any to show today.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Bet they have other classes since they mentioned the weapon triangle is in. Would suck to have nothing but sword users and the enemy is spear users.

I'm sure they will I just wanna see 'em already lol

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Imagine a sequel to God of War but instead of being a hyperviolent fast paced action game it's a very serious and somber game made by and for depressed middle aged men who lost their fine motor skills and need a virtual child to protect, like The Last of Us was, complete with slow rear end gameplay and over the shoulder view... how awesome would that be?
is it still a "character action game"? i havent seen a demo yet

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lemming posted:

Generally people are annoyed with things like the BG&E2 reveal which is a nice cinematic that takes up a good chunk of time and then "lol acutally there's no game yet, it'll be out within a few years maybe if we don't cancel it first"

It seems weird to get upset with a twenty second thing that says "we're working on game x ok see ya"

The reason people are annoyed with BG&E is because they've been waiting 15 years for the resolution to the first games cliffhanger and got an unrelated multiplayer online spinoff prequel instead

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Is there a trailer for the Metroid 2 remake for 3DS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I actually agree, God of War doesn't look that appealing and making a serious and somber follow-up to an edgelord hardcore game with a threesome loving minigame seems really laughable

• Locked thread