Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just got a boyfriend who Runescape has been a huge part of his life. Please help me get a basic understanding.

quote:

It sounds like your boyfriend has a rough go, so if he's anything like me, and you're anything like my girlfriend, you might find times where he's ignoring you for what looks like a repetitive grind. Please take a moment before giving the "you're ignoring me for RuneScape again!" talk. Sometimes when things are rough a little grinding can be very cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Nazzadan posted:

I [29/F] used the wrong pronouns for an old friend and now have been exiled from our group of friends.

The newly submitted section is always a fun trip

Fake as hell, this is obvious bait

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Nazzadan posted:

I [29/F] used the wrong pronouns for an old friend and now have been exiled from our group of friends.

The newly submitted section is always a fun trip
Here's a solution: Tell them all to go gently caress themselves. Caring so much about pronoun use in casual conversation is stupid. Especially when someone isn't intentionally misusing them to antagonize you or invalidate who you are. No one is going to "guess" that you stayed the same person and want to be called they/them. If you've known someone for a while and they come out as trans they generally don't even care if you accidentally deadname or misgender them in casual loving conversation. It seems bigoted to just assume that everyone with different pronouns is mentally broken and going to freak out over an honest mistake.

I also agree this is just bait. How bored do you have to be to care so much about they/them.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 13, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Omnikin posted:

Just got a boyfriend who Runescape has been a huge part of his life. Please help me get a basic understanding.

This title is pissing me off

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

Lol just lol keeping in touch with highschool friends.

If you dont live in a small town and or fought and defeated an unspeakable horror during your highschool age you just wouldnt understand.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [28/F] now ex-bf [30/M] lied about his whole life: Purple Heart, family, cancer...

quote:

I've recently had issues with my boyfriend of 3 years... well ex now. He's the only man my daughter has told that she loves him (other than paw-paw). He talked about our future as a family, and how we are raising her, said he'd kill or die for her, claimed her as his own... She's only 7, I'm hiding what I can from her.

It all started when I found out he was cheating on me with a 19 year old girl. She didn't know about me or my daughter. She knows now, and has ghosted him. She's helped me out a lot in the situation, gave me texts, photos, snapchats. I'm grateful for her kindness and maturity. But as of now, cheating is the least of my worries.

He's lied about his military career. Told everyone about his 3 deployments and how he was injured, he said it was an IED explosion and he was shot twice in the altercation, spending time in overseas hospitals. It was a lie. He's never been deployed. Not once. I helped him through his fake PTSD attacks, his crying when he was drunk, pitiful about how he killed women and children. It's sickening. Even used my daughter as an example 'You know one of the kids I killed was no older than (my daughter's name)?" He lied about his little brother who died when they both got deployed together. He blamed himself because he wasn't there for his little brother when he died. His brother never existed. I pet him, reassured him threw every fit he had... Had me reduced to tears along with my sympathy.

He had a previous marriage and daughter that he lied about. He said she packed up and left him on his 2nd deployment, said she was cheating on him and took her pregnant belly with her. Said she filed for abandonment and he never saw them again. But I found another local woman that didn't have the same name as his ex-wife, with the exact same pictures of this child. He lied about it all.

He lied about his ex-gf's boyfriend stabbing him 5 times. No police report, no hospital trip, all self-inflicted. Told conflicting stories to different people. He made her out to be a monster, he cried to my daddy that she abused him. She's actually a nice girl, I've apologized to her recently, she's moved on and is very happy in a healthy relationship.

He lied about having prostate cancer. Could not tell me the stage, proper treatment, facility, medications, no unexplained absences (it apparently "happened" while we were together)

He got drunk and pulled me off the bed one night, fracturing my toes and foot. He then took the magazine out of his firearm, put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger, it didn't go off, there was a bullet in the chamber. My daughter was in the next room. I was scared and called his doctor and left a message. She thought it was his sister and contacted her instead of me. He found out, told his sister that I'm crazy, then yelled at me and said that if I told his doctor anything, he'd end up in a padded cell... I should've pursued that more.

Wednesday night he knew I knew everything and was planning on discreetly leaving (I had been preparing for a month). I called my parents (both police officers) for help, they were an hour away. I will never forget his face, how he smiled the whole time as he said "Well I got one on you, (daughters name), and your parents for a good 3 years huh?" I started recording with my phone before that because I wanted proof if he hurt me. I was alone with him, and scared. He noticed and came after me, grabbed me to get to my phone, and I tried to run out of our back door, he took my phone and slammed it down the 2nd floor balcony, and just smiled at me as I screamed and cried 'why'...

The police came, all military veterans and I explained everything that happened. They asked him about his time in the military and his deployments. Hearing him say 'no deployments' killed me. Sitting there realizing everything was a lie. Helping him with his PTSD was a lie, all the fake nightmares and crying from him. He was a hero to me... I felt sick. They told him to grab some clothes and leave. He did. My parents came and packed what I could and am safe. They were heartbroken, they loved him as family, had the same sympathy as I did... knew that their grandchild was going to suffer for it.

My phone was trashed, but still rang, I couldn't answer it. Took it to the Apple store and it backed up automatically to my iCloud, but was ultimately shattered and battery was swollen. $700 destroyed. (possible update with that if I can press charges bc I'll have proof he threw it and have proof of admitting to every horrible thing he's lied about. Also grabbing the police report from when the cops came.)

How do I handle everything that's happened? How do I not cry in front of my daughter... How do I tell her anything about why he's gone? She loves him... I will never forgive that. How do I trust another man ever again? Do I just block it out and move on? He's truly a sick person, and I know every truth about him, what are the chances of him trying to hurt me, my daughter, or even himself? Why do I still miss him? Why am I mad at myself instead of taking it as his fault? I feel so helpless, sick, gullible, and used. I paid off his credit card, bought him a gaming laptop (to be fair, he paid a lot of the laptop money back, only short $500 out of that), gave money for his dentures, paid for his 'ptsd' medicine when he didn't have insurance... But a silver lining, all the talk of us getting married, future children, just future in general... won't ever happen with us. I have a bright future in law enforcement about to start in a couple of weeks.

tl;dr- bf of 3 years lied about cheating, military deployments, purple heart, injuries, killing women and children, having a brother who died in the war, having a brother at all, ptsd, cancer, being abused by his ex. All while my daughter and I accepted and loved him.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

Fake as hell, this is obvious bait

I could see it happening.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I could see it happening.

get better friends

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

get better friends

Less in my social circle but yeah we had our very own posters abandoning their family thanksgiving because their dad voted for third party so I think it's believable that somewhere out there there's a group of friends so progressive that they'd full on sever for something like that.

There was no mention of dyed hair, the patriarchy, or checking their privilege so it's not like the story was going super over the top about those dastardly sjw's or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh cool another thing that didn't happen.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fruit on the bottom posted:

My [28/F] now ex-bf [30/M] lied about his whole life: Purple Heart, family, cancer...

Holy poo poo

This is an impressive amount of stolen valor

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ArbitraryC posted:

abandoning their family thanksgiving because their dad voted for third party
lol

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Nazzadan posted:

What dude? The dude from the story? Because the OP is a FEMALE YOU SHITLORD

My (26F) BF (25M) is too afraid to drive

Non-drivers suck, both the OP who is 26 without her license and her 25 year old boyfriend who hasn't driven in 3 years and is too scared to.

It depends on where you live, I'm from downtown Toronto and more than half of my friends don't drive and never have, myself included.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Holy poo poo

This is an impressive amount of stolen valor

It'd be awesome if he also lied about stealing valor somehow.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
I called Purple Heart and Cancer swindled lady a gullible moron in the comments and have zero guilt for sounding like an rear end in a top hat or touching the poop :colbert:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
It's not like a Purple Heart is terribly impressive. Best-case scenario, you got injured badly during combat. Worst-case, you sprained your ankle while being a jackass, and your CO needed to hand out some medals to keep up appearances.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She may be dumb, but that lady who thought her international surgeon boyfriend who would get the pope to officiate their wedding definitely takes the cake.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Khorne posted:

Here's a solution: Tell them all to go gently caress themselves. Caring so much about pronoun use in casual conversation is stupid. Especially when someone isn't intentionally misusing them to antagonize you or invalidate who you are. No one is going to "guess" that you stayed the same person and want to be called they/them. If you've known someone for a while and they come out as trans they generally don't even care if you accidentally deadname or misgender them in casual loving conversation. It seems bigoted to just assume that everyone with different pronouns is mentally broken and going to freak out over an honest mistake.

I also agree this is just bait. How bored do you have to be to care so much about they/them.

learn to loving read, the people the OP claimed called her a bigot aren't even the person she misgendered, it's two other friends getting spicy on the misgendered person's behalf because THEY are being performative about how special and inclusive THEY are compared to that ""bigot"". You're addressing your post to the misgendered person and blaming them when they weren't even the one who had a loving problem

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my cat's breath smells like cat food

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [18F] boyfriend's [20M] friend from work [27?F] is crashing with us for a bit. How can I make her time here nice and why is everyone surprised that I'm okay with this?

Yesterday my boyfriend texted me saying one of his friends, let's call her Taylor, needed a place to crash. Immediately I said yes. He was surprised but happy. Long story short she's a mom of 3 that went to jail for a bit for marijuana possession and is now having a hard time. She got kicked out of assisted living because her boss paid her too much last pay and compensated by not paying her enough this recent pay. She said she's been bouncing from place to place and usually stays at her parent's on the weekend.

After my boyfriend got home from work we tidied up and showed her around when she arrived about an hour later. This is the first time I've met her, although my boyfriend has hung out with her a few times. She's really sweet. Married too, it seems. Keeps talking about her "hubs" and playing with a wedding ring. It's adorable. She went off to work and we went to get some groceries for the night. On the way there my boyfriend called his mum, and she was surprised that I was okay with having a girl friend of his stay with us. Why is that so weird? I just want to help her.

We had a good time last night, talked about clothes and I gave her a pair of shoes that are too small on me while she offered to take in a skirt that's too long on me. What else can I do to make her comfortable for her time(s) here? I have everything a gal needs, like hygiene stuff, food, internet, electricity ect. I just feel bad that she doesn't get any privacy here. She was on the phone with her oldest kid this morning and felt as though she had to end the call because I was giving my dog some water in the same room. So how can I make her feel more at ease?

Tl,dr: Pal of bf's has fallen on hard times, is crashing with us and may have to again in the future. Why am I an anomaly for being okay with this and is there anything else I can do for her?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I miss that thread that was just quoting posts from cspam and dnd following the election.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looks like someone added a 1 in front of their age before posting to reddit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [27F] boyfriend ___ [28 M] of 4 months, got offended when i asked him about a gay sex scene we watched.

quote:

So I ( 27 F) was watching an episode of this series which was recommended by my boyfriend (28 M) and then a sex scene (gay sex scene) came up . I thought it's Hot. So i randomly texted my boyfriend "what did u think of that scene ? Do you block your eyes ? Fast forward ? Or do u get turned on?"

I swear there was no hidden agenda or motives i was just purely curious . because I'm a straight female , but some hot scenes between two females are just hot . No questions asked . So i was wondering if guys (particularly mine) thought the same about male gay sex scenes.

Having said that, when i asked my boyfriend , he flipped out . Got really pissed off of how uncomfortable this is for him and it's a weird question to ask . It's like almost he felt offended . I asked him why he thinks it's weird and please help me understand ? He got pissed off and just refused to talk about it .

Now i know he's not gay . But what the hell was all that about ? Is that a normal response ? Like this is how men psychology works ? Did he think i think he's gay and thats why he was upset ? He said that it's not the first time for me to ask about his views on gays and that i have a hidden motive that i mask by saying "curious" .

But so what? I ask about a lot of stuff doesn't mean i have a hidden agenda !

I didnt have that problem with my ex , we used to talk about everything so openly and freely including sexuality . Thats why i didnt even think that this might be a problem .

I honestly don't know why he got upset .. any ideas why? And how to apprach this without agreeing to his style (I think it's unhealthy to just dismiss arguments like he did , we should always talk about things openly and only when it's settled we can move on ) .

tl;dr: my boyfriend got upset when i asked him what he thinks about this gay sex scene we watched . I asked randomly out of curiosity , but he got pissed ! Any idea why?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

My [27F] boyfriend ___ [28 M] of 4 months, got offended when i asked him about a gay sex scene we watched.

The way this was written adds so much, lol

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

quote:

I thought it's Hot. So i randomly texted my boyfriend "what did u think of that scene ? Do you block your eyes ? Fast forward ? Or do u get turned on?" 

She sounds like a chatbot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On a Kinsey scale of 1 to 7, how does that scene make you feel?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

OctaMurk posted:

The way this was written adds so much, lol

she was hoping for turned on so she could share her dog dick fanfiction

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Bamabalacha posted:

I called Purple Heart and Cancer swindled lady a gullible moron in the comments and have zero guilt for sounding like an rear end in a top hat or touching the poop :colbert:

Maybe she could've noticed the dude she was loving didn't have scars from multiple stabbings, gunshots and explosives all over his body? :shrug:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Everything was great and awesome when I thought my boyfriend had actually murdered a bunch of children, though.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Please help. My [21 M] Girlfriend [20 F] just hit me with ultimatum. I have to choose between weed or her.

quote:

Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 5 months. We've had our ups and downs of course, but other than that everything's been great. She recently just found out I smoke weed. I don't smoke weed a lot, probably 2-3 times a month. But she was not having it. She thinks its bad for you and morally wrong. I disagree. We had a huge argument over it but everything eventually died down. I thought she had gotten over it. Until recently she told me that in order for us to continue to be together I have to give up smoking weed altogether. I love my girlfriend, but I think she's out of line. And unfortunately I'm preparing myself for the relationship to end. Not because I choose weed over her but because I refuse to be controlled. I have no problem stopping But, I want it to be on my own terms. Am I wrong?
TL;DR: Girlfriend doesn't like that I smoke weed so she told me I have to give it up if I want to stay with her.
I...expected this guy to be a lot more insufferable from the title

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nazzadan posted:

Please help. My [21 M] Girlfriend [20 F] just hit me with ultimatum. I have to choose between weed or her.

I...expected this guy to be a lot more insufferable from the title

Well he did still have to stop and ask reddit what to do instead of just saying "we've only been dating for five months, bye", so he's still kind of a dipshit

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Chances approach 100% that this was the scene from "American Gods" with Salim and the djinn, which is fun to show to straight guys because they always squirm holes through their chairs. It's hilarious and OP needs to chill.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Family members [23F], [40F], [41F], [13F] constantly make fun of my [26F] large chest and I want them to stop.

Well 26F certainly is a remarkably large chest :cawg: nothing to be ashamed of

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

my cat's breath smells like cat food

If ur cat isn't on a raw vegan diet, ur abusing ur animal.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

spite house posted:

Chances approach 100% that this was the scene from "American Gods" with Salim and the djinn, which is fun to show to straight guys because they always squirm holes through their chairs. It's hilarious and OP needs to chill.

LOL the book definitely skeeved me out. It was totally x-rated and pretty out of place considering the rest of the story.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
For those who haven't read the book and want to know how actually out of place it was: About 100 pages earlier in the story, a Native American goddess eats a dude with her pussy, so new phone who dis is less skeeved by uterine vore than he is two dudes fuckin.

:colbert: Let's Talk About That.

edit- the main dude's wife died while giving someone a blowjob, sex is probably the least out-of-place element in that whole story.

edit edit- if you think that book is x rated you probably can't be left alone in close proximity to a lingerie catalog without you going apeshit and loving a hole in the couch, huh?

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 13, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'm pretty neutral on gay sex in my cinema. As long as the dudes in the seat next to me don't get semen all over me, we can all enjoy Wonder Woman in our preferred way.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
*plays 40 hours of Murder: The Videogame*

This is healthy and normal

*two imaginary dudes have gratifying sex*

WHOA WHAOEA. slow the EFF down with this heathen smut. good gravy, someone mop my brow with a chilled terrycloth towel, for i have taken the VAPOURS.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

For those who haven't read the book and want to know how actually out of place it was: About 100 pages earlier in the story, a Native American goddess eats a dude with her pussy, so new phone who dis is less skeeved by uterine vore than he is two dudes fuckin.

:colbert: Let's Talk About That.

edit- the main dude's wife died while giving someone a blowjob, sex is probably the least out-of-place element in that whole story.

edit edit- if you think that book is x rated you probably can't be left alone in close proximity to a lingerie catalog without you going apeshit and loving a hole in the couch, huh?

Easy there, buddy. There was a bit more detail in that scene than the other ones you're describing. It reached George R R Martin levels of graphic cum description and consumption which I am also on record as being skeeved out about in Game of Thrones and that's primarily straight sex. It's one thing to have a plot point about his wife dying giving a dude a hummer, but it's another thing to verbosely describe the quantity and number of times a djinn djizzes in some taxi driver's mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

Easy there, buddy. There was a bit more detail in that scene than the other ones you're describing. It reached George R R Martin levels of graphic cum description and consumption which I am also on record as being skeeved out about in Game of Thrones and that's primarily straight sex. It's one thing to have a plot point about his wife dying giving a dude a hummer, but it's another thing to verbosely describe the quantity and number of times a djinn djizzes in some taxi driver's mouth.

The book was graphic, but the TV show's depiction was just as sensual as a regular sex scene on TV. The only crime it committed was being homosexual.

Earlier Shadow is looking through his dead wife's phone and finds a dick pic, and he ends up seeing the dick pic in his mind when he looks at their photos together.