Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tropical Freeze was incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Watching the Twitch stream and one of the guys working on God of War is being far too honest about the series and will probably get fired after this.

"Yeah, we basically just handwaved stuff that didn't make sense or whatever in previous games" And he keeps apologizing for only being able to give poo poo answers to questions about the new game because he can't reveal too much story stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Xenoblade going to be good

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

spudsbuckley posted:

Watching the Twitch stream and one of the guys working on God of War is being far too honest about the series and will probably get fired after this.

"Yeah, we basically just handwaved stuff that didn't make sense or whatever in previous games" And he keeps apologizing for only being able to give poo poo answers to questions about the new game because he can't reveal too much story stuff.

I think that's the director

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They dumbed down the Arts? Not sure what to think about that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
your blade waifu follows you in battle

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
It's taking way too long to kill this incredibly minor enemy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this demo so far is not inspiring much confidence in this game. do you not have allies who actually fight? we went from 3 to 4 to 1?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pennfalath posted:

I think that's the director

He's a good dude because he realizes video-game stories are retarded and you just do stuff that makes a game fun to play.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Xenoblade does not look very good

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Coming up: "Inside Bungie"

/footage of people furiously copy-pasting map sections to make the next Destiny expansion/game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They just said there are more party members

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Boy that is a pretty game world.

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
but can I climb that titan?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Super Mario Odyssey theme song contains the lines "I'm flipping the switch," they're certainly right about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The loving Big Show is live on the Twitch stream chatting about Destiny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everything is beautiful except for these dollfaced characters. jesus why did they stray away from how they looked in the first game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

spudsbuckley posted:

The loving Big Show is live on the Twitch stream chatting about Destiny

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Man you better be able to dress your party members in dumb costumes again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you can have other blades, one of them looks like a weird lizard man (no tits)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

everything is beautiful except for these dollfaced characters. jesus why did they stray away from how they looked in the first game

At least they look better than the ones from X

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

There's a ten minute preview of Don't Nod's new vampire game and it actually looks kinda neat, it's an action RPG where you're a vampire in 1918 London in the middle of a flu epidemic (and a vampire epidemic? not sure). London is like the hubworld and I think there's lots of bioware style little quests with moral choices in them, and the outcome of those quests determine whether bits of London stay neutral and full of NPCs, or end up getting overrun with vampires and vampire hunting dudes. I think the idea is that if more healthy people die an area gets more unstable and eventually ends up full of vampire ghoul people. And then in addition to having healthy people die through quest outcomes, you can also kill them anyway and get more powerful as a vampire, at the cost of destabalising more parts of London.

I'm not sure how it'll all function in practice, but it's always cool to see story games try to use game systems for story purposes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nopon party member spotted

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

At least they look better than the ones from X

good point

Regy Rusty posted:

Nopon party member spotted

game is already better than X

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i really hate the main dude's pants in this xenoblade game. like what is even going on there

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They really need to take another pass at the enemy animations to being smashed with giant swords.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

game is already better than X

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sony is streaming some Crash Bandicoot, I'm switching focus to that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so every character also has a supporting character....or something. this blue energy beam thing looks so odd.

idk man are my characters just puppets, like is this white tiger controlling this other dude, it's weird as gently caress

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

romanowski posted:

i really hate the main dude's pants in this xenoblade game. like what is even going on there

I hope it like the other games where you can just give them armor that changes their look.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d75ntYy_M

You can hear Chloe's new voice in this video and hrm

:chloe:

I honestly don't know if I can deal with how different she sounds. Not just that she doesn't sound like Ashley Burch but her delivery just seems so flat in comparison.

Also the smillie being called "chloe" is :discourse:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

romanowski posted:

It's like he stepped in a couple of pitcher plants.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No

But it could be better than X

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Red Bones posted:

There's a ten minute preview of Don't Nod's new vampire game and it actually looks kinda neat, it's an action RPG where you're a vampire in 1918 London in the middle of a flu epidemic (and a vampire epidemic? not sure). London is like the hubworld and I think there's lots of bioware style little quests with moral choices in them, and the outcome of those quests determine whether bits of London stay neutral and full of NPCs, or end up getting overrun with vampires and vampire hunting dudes. I think the idea is that if more healthy people die an area gets more unstable and eventually ends up full of vampire ghoul people. And then in addition to having healthy people die through quest outcomes, you can also kill them anyway and get more powerful as a vampire, at the cost of destabalising more parts of London.

I'm not sure how it'll all function in practice, but it's always cool to see story games try to use game systems for story purposes.

sweet, dont nod are a cool and good dev and vampires don't get enough love these days

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No

But it could be better than X

there's no way this could ever be as bad as X was

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

COCO BANDICOOT IS PLAYABLE IN ALL THREE GAMES

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Every dev needs Big Show selling their game for them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I loving love you Big Show

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sony is streaming some Crash Bandicoot, I'm switching focus to that

lol if you don't have both streams open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

• Locked thread