Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Double Bill posted:

So NR machines is dogshit, no big surprise there. Loses to every single combo deck in the game.

Whoa whoa whoa. It's not dogshit. It's maybe not the best, but it is fun as poo poo and has some very powerful effects. I've done insane amounts of damage with it, but admittedly am not winning a lot with it. Might just take some tweaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Nothing like having a great hand and the game hangs on the redraw screen

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i finally have enough scraps for my scoia'tael movement deck! It's like gwent christmas!

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Is the post-milling scrap count wonky for anyone else? I milled a bunch of stuff for 5k scraps, but after a while I noticed I suddenly had 8.5k. I opened one pack in between, but it had nothing of note in it. Unless the milling was lagged somehow, as the matches have also been laggy as gently caress for me today.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
The Skellige morkvarg-bears-axeman deck I put together from my scrap seems really strong now (mostly due to other decks getting nerfed). I just had a 5-game winning streak at level 14, including a couple 2-0s.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Double Bill posted:

Is the post-milling scrap count wonky for anyone else? I milled a bunch of stuff for 5k scraps, but after a while I noticed I suddenly had 8.5k. I opened one pack in between, but it had nothing of note in it. Unless the milling was lagged somehow, as the matches have also been laggy as gently caress for me today.

Did you buy any kegs pre-patch? You might have just gotten the 30 scrap per keg refund, which is gradually being sent to people.

Edit: Machines can be super fun. If you are playing an Axeman deck, you probably shouldn't Operator an Axeman for the player playing machines. I just completely destroyed my opponents buffed up triple Axemen while buffing my own to insane levels using machine bouncers and ballistas. It was pretty dumb and my opponent rightfully forfeited in round 1.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Double Bill posted:

So NR machines is dogshit, no big surprise there. Loses to every single combo deck in the game.

machines have lovely stats but good effects so just have one or two with a lot of crewmen

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
renewing a caretaker to get your queensguard back is pretty :feelsgood:

okay he renewed the caretaker to get it back nvm feelsbadman

Minera fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 13, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

for real the immediate post patch rock paper scissors meta of queueing into decks that hard counter your deck is pretty loving bland compared to the nilfgaard and weather monsters of pre patch

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Spell green seems wayyyy overnerfed really (inb4 :goonsay: heh *snort* GOOD).

Dunno if they should've removed 8-11 power from a deck that you could already tech 1 card against and probably 95% win.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I don't expect this deck to ever be really competitive or elite but i have fun with it.

are there any ways to tweak it or anything obvious i'm missing? i have almost every scoiatael card to fill in holes

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Spell green seems wayyyy overnerfed really (inb4 :goonsay: heh *snort* GOOD).

Dunno if they should've removed 8-11 power from a deck that you could already tech 1 card against and probably 95% win.

...Which card?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Login in to randomly have all my cards be severely weaker was a weird experience.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...Which card?
Scorch, probably.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can't bring myself to mill my premium Roach, even if he's worth 800 scraps right now.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol wait so you can mill newly crafted cards for the full value?

That means you can get effectively infinite scraps as long as you are willing to spend $5 for per legendary. That seems uh...not very well thought out.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That means you can get effectively infinite scraps as long as you are willing to spend $5 for per legendary. That seems uh...not very well thought out.

unless you work at cdpr and you want more money

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Correct. It's a little confusing.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Allowing people to jump through hoops to buy stuff they may not have bought otherwise due to them feeling like they worked the system or got a good deal is like the entire goal of marketing. See: permanent coupons, bulk rates, promo codes, etc.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Allowing people to jump through hoops to buy stuff they may not have bought otherwise due to them feeling like they worked the system or got a good deal is like the entire goal of marketing. See: permanent coupons, bulk rates, promo codes, etc.

Fact. CDPR is making hand over fist off people thinking they discovered a way to work the system. This is great for CDPR.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So they made Assire affect both graveyards now...but you still can't tell which is which.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I think Swim's homing in on what's gonna be the meta NR deck. All his silver slots are getting used up by a half gimmick: the three witcher cards and neneke. You get kaedwani down to play witchers for almost 30 value in one turn, neneke two of the witchers, then shani the last one back to do it again.

Oh, and ballistas are pretty loving good

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularFaintApeChefFrank

I'm playing Djikstra in his list and he absolutely crushes with kaedwani sergeants. Djikstra pulls two ballistas with 3 keadwani sergeants down, opponent gets annihilated by a >30 power swing from a single gold.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...Which card?

Regis: Higher Vampire

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Goblin posted:

Regis: Higher Vampire

Ha, never thought of that.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
My premium RNR is showing it'll mill for 200/120, did I miss the event or does it just not show up until I do it?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Did you actually patch?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Asehujiko posted:

My premium RNR is showing it'll mill for 200/120, did I miss the event or does it just not show up until I do it?

It showed 1600 for me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Asehujiko posted:

You might not have downloaded the update. I had to uninstall/reinstall this morning.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I'm flush with scraps, someone tell me what deck I should make that isn't calveit.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Huh, they changed the Dagon challenge from ballcrushing hard (I think I counted 5-6 separate weather effects in addition to a full crones summon in round 1) to a complete pushover. The AI lost its crones, now has just 1 weather effect, and wastes a bunch of time throwing potions at its units.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Subvisual Haze posted:

Huh, they changed the Dagon challenge from ballcrushing hard (I think I counted 5-6 separate weather effects in addition to a full crones summon in round 1) to a complete pushover. The AI lost its crones, now has just 1 weather effect, and wastes a bunch of time throwing potions at its units.

It was probably a bit overtuned (especially compared to everything around it) but on the plus side it *did* do an alright job of preparing you for weather decks in multiplayer.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ballista having it's day in the sun

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Hmm boy, making some heavy weather and reactive/control decks because they seem to be the only way to counter all the heavy weather and reactive/control decks in ranked AND casual. Weather needs a timer, or be only one-ofs even at bronze, especially due to the many ways weather is being Spawned or Summoned.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Can someone walk me through how to use Frightener? Just pulled it in a keg the other day and I see it in a lot of lists but every time I try to use it I wish I had anything else in hand because giving them 10 points to maybe push something into weather and draw a card is rough with how slim monsters' point margins tend to be.

What am I missing about it?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I picked up Letho and Bonhart for my decks, Letho is pretty cool but doesn't really fit with my reveal deck, my big cards take long enough to power up that the cards Letho being gold against are already used.

What are good combos for Letho?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Can someone walk me through how to use Frightener? Just pulled it in a keg the other day and I see it in a lot of lists but every time I try to use it I wish I had anything else in hand because giving them 10 points to maybe push something into weather and draw a card is rough with how slim monsters' point margins tend to be.

Card advantage is extremely important and the 10 points is often irrelevant.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

He's one of the best spies, card advantage is normally worth 10 points on a round where you're super ahead or behind with comeback potential.
Frightener is amazing because he dies/kills something with frost to boot.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Frightener is no longer random; today's patch gave it the same effect as Drowner.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

The Gorp posted:

He's one of the best spies, card advantage is normally worth 10 points on a round where you're super ahead or behind with comeback potential.
Frightener is amazing because he dies/kills something with frost to boot.

Spy cards like that are never worth it third round, are they? unless you have a scorch to take care of the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lester Shy posted:

Frightener is no longer random; today's patch gave it the same effect as Drowner.
Sheesh as if that card wasn't insane enough.

Spies are already too strong again imo, they're just too good without weather immunity even if the CA isn't quite as important.