Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

DLC Inc posted:

the fact that XCX forced you to do ubisoft-tier map checkmarking as a gate to the interesting content was enough for me to drop it. what a loving abhorrent design decision.

That never bothered me, I literally never got gated because I was always trying to push the boundaries and do as much side stuff as possible all the time, but I can see how that could be frustrating.

However since the main plot is pretty bad it feels pointless to push on to get to it so I don't even know why anyone would. The real strength of XCX is the side stuff anyways. I guess some people were REALLY in a rush to get their mechs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite part of the Mario RPG games is what they do with Bowser and goombas so this Bowser's Minions part is looking real fun to me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When's Mario & Luigi but with Wario & Waluigi huh

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Superstar saga remake with sprites, seems pretty cool

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

That never bothered me, I literally never got gated because I was always trying to push the boundaries and do as much side stuff as possible all the time, but I can see how that could be frustrating.

However since the main plot is pretty bad it feels pointless to push on to get to it so I don't even know why anyone would. The real strength of XCX is the side stuff anyways. I guess some people were REALLY in a rush to get their mechs?

I mean, if there are mechs in a game, why wouldn't you want them???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The mechs were a pretty highly advertised feature and I was kind of pissed that it took so long to get to them.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Harrow posted:

Remember Me was a game full of really neat ideas and really clumsy execution in basically every regard except its soundtrack (which is just excellent all around)

It was also an incredibly beautiful game, the whole game is screenshot bait.

I'm watching the Vampyr gameplay tour and I'm getting Spiders sense.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

DLC Inc posted:

I mean, if there are mechs in a game, why wouldn't you want them???

I guess I was just okay with waiting for them so that I could experience the whole world in all 3 levels of exploration (ground, mech and flying mech)

Policenaut posted:

The mechs were a pretty highly advertised feature and I was kind of pissed that it took so long to get to them.

I felt the waiting made getting them all the sweeter, personally. It felt like a real achievement when you FINALLY got your license and got that sweet cutscene of you first getting into the mech.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Until Dawn is a game worth playing, and then watching someone else play it is added value.

Watching someone else play a David Cage game without having to do it yourself is the real value

Quintilogy of sadness. God Omikron is a bad bad game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I tuned out of the stream. M&L stuff is for Switch instead of 3DS right? Please? :smith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Remember Me honestly came across as a game that would have been better as a David Cage-style affair with less combat and more of the memory altering set-pieces. There were like 3 of them in the entire game and it was the big center piece of the marketing.

They realized this too, and that's why their next game was a David Cage-style affair with zero combat and puzzles that were functionally identical to the memory altering set-pieces.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

And to be fair, I didn't play enough of it to get to the sidequests you talked about because I was so turned off so quickly. So I can accept that there's probably stuff that just appealed to others.

The sidequests were better than xenoblade 1, but that is a low loving bar. That said, they still blew chunks and the fact that you needed to do them to progress the main story was a terrible decision too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I tuned out of the stream. M&L stuff is for Switch instead of 3DS right? Please? :smith:

It's a remaster of Superstar Saga for 3DS with an extra game mode where you play as a squad of goombas

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

haveblue posted:

They realized this too, and that's why their next game was a David Cage-style affair with zero combat and puzzles that were functionally identical to the memory altering set-pieces.

Oh drat I didn't know they did another game after Remember Me, poo poo they did Life is Strange?! I think I have to try that now.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Infinity Gaia posted:

I got into XCX later than everyone else and it took me a while to get to the mechs, ended up still enjoying the game a bunch. I guess they spent too much time focusing on the mechs in the advertising and that caused mixed expectations?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Oh drat I didn't know they did another game after Remember Me, poo poo they did Life is Strange?! I think I have to try that now.

Yeah, LiS is basically the good parts of Remember Me (time fuckery) and good parts of Tell Tale Games (so-and-so will remember this.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh this Vampyr thing is actually the trailer posted earlier

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Xenoblade X had a wonderful feeling of exploration until you got skells and were either completely wrecking everything or getting owned by surprise level 90 dudes

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Glad my favorite Mario RPG getting a remake.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The game world in XCX was gorgeous though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

i will buy this for the remake but also for this fun goomba squad additional game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

i will buy this for the remake but also for this fun goomba squad additional game

It looks cool enough to be its own game

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Oh. Wait so are there 1 or 2 new Metroid games coming out for the 3DS?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I just tried submitting a reply to this thread twice and I see nothing. What the hell is happening.

e: never mind okay it's there??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Oh. Wait so are there 1 or 2 new Metroid games coming out for the 3DS?
that's the remake, Prime 4 is for Switch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Why isn't Bowser's Minions standalone and also on Switch :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Quest For Glory II posted:

that's the remake, Prime 4 is for Switch

Oh okay, I was confused since someone said there were 3 Metroid games coming, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the world in xenoblade x ws gorgeous and really fun to explore nd i liked the combat, bbut there were some weird mechanical choices that didnt quite click nd the main scenario writing ws real bad. i feel like i got my moneys worth though

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The first Xenoblade's world was better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

Why isn't Bowser's Minions standalone and also on Switch :(

I wish that a bunch of Wii U game rereleases had been announced for Switch. I think Mario Kart was my least-wanted rerelease option though I know I'm probably in the minority

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also finding stuff like the random level 100 guy in the lake named GOD tht one-shot you was great

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

monster on a stick posted:

Yeah, LiS is basically the good parts of Remember Me (time fuckery) and good parts of Tell Tale Games (so-and-so will remember this.)

Enjoying LiS is also dependant on how much you enjoy/tolerate tween drama. There are definite highs and lows but the highs are really really good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I really hope Super Mario Odyssey doesn't have vocals in its music.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Speaking of the title Vampyr, I keep thinking of "Drakool" from that Dracula movie with Gary Oldman and Tom Waits.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oxxidation posted:

Agree to disagree, I guess!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZR is always my objective
This is the most agreeable image on the internet

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

Enjoying LiS is also dependant on how much you enjoy/tolerate tween drama. There are definite highs and lows but the highs are really really good.

I liked the teen drama I just really hated the ending.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I hope it's Charles Martinet singing.

• Locked thread