Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sony's excuse for not having cross-network play:

quote:

We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I really hope Super Mario Odyssey doesn't have vocals in its music.

I hope it only has vocals in the final phase of its boss fights.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wish that a bunch of Wii U game rereleases had been announced for Switch. I think Mario Kart was my least-wanted rerelease option though I know I'm probably in the minority

Hopefully we'll get those in the treehouse.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

I hope it only has vocals in the final phase of its boss fights.

RULES OF NATURE

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Quest For Glory II posted:

What don't they have cross network play on?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr Cheeto posted:

What don't they have cross network play on?

Lots of things, but right now people are mad about Minecraft specifically because now it has cross play between literally everything except PS4 (Xbox, PC, Rift, mobile).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it in a couple years but I thought PS4 rocket league had crossplay with PC

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Did they just steal a Nintendo excuse

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

haveblue posted:

Everything, but right now people are mad about Minecraft specifically because now it has cross play between literally everything except PS4 (Xbox, PC, Rift, mobile).

There is an exception for FFXIV which is crossplay with pc.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played it in a couple years but I thought PS4 rocket league had crossplay with PC

It did the last time I played, and the Switch version coming out later is advertised as cross platform, hence my confusion.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Zerilan posted:

I liked the teen drama I just really hated the ending.

I'm honestly the same way. Although I will admit that my feelings of the ending are entirely subjective.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Switch has Rocket League and it has cross-network but you wont be able to play against PS4 because of Sony

e: You can play Rocket League between Xbox One, Switch, and PC. So Xbox One and Switch can play against each other, but neither can play against PS4

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ohtsam posted:

There is an exception for FFXIV which is crossplay with pc.

Rocket League has cross platform play with console and PC but not between consoles too.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

"We don't need y'all because our playerbase is bigger than all of you put together."

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FF14 is like the only game Sony allows crossplay on.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dr Cheeto posted:

It did the last time I played, and the Switch version coming out later is advertised as cross platform, hence my confusion.

It'll likely be like Rocket League right now where PS4 players can play with PC players, and Xbone players can play with PC players, but PS4 can't play with XBone.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Switch has Rocket League and it has cross-network but you wont be able to play against PS4 because of Sony

So both consoles can network with PCs but not to each other? Because Sony?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

War thunder has supported crossplay with PC players for a couple years now. It has a pretty big PS4 community too.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

It would get annoying quick like when Sonic games started doing it, and lose its charm. Music with lyrics usually don't work well for adventure type games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

It would get annoying quick like when Sonic games started doing it, and lose its charm. Music with lyrics usually don't work well for adventure type games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Will Ni No Kuni II be good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

So both consoles can network with PCs but not to each other? Because Sony?
yeah. Switch and Xbone players can play against each other fine. Sony's the only one refusing to cooperate

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Ometeotl posted:

There's crossplay with SFV between PS4 and PC. SFV is bad and so is the crossplay itself, but it's there I guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will Ni No Kuni II be good

Ni No Kuni II looks alright, the combat seems like it could be fun and there are no grotesque character designs

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I don't know if this was posted yet but Phil Spencer wants OG Xbox games and Xbox Game Pass on PC.

So why would I need to buy an Xbox One again?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

I don't know if this was posted yet but Phil Spencer wants OG Xbox games and Xbox Game Pass on PC.

So why would I need to buy an Xbox One again?

MS is heading straight toward convergence, the Xbone will be running Windows 10 S in 2 years and Xbox will be a plain old PC, capable of running MS Office and all.

I don't think that you can build a PC that plays games as well as an Xbone for $250.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Arms looks... fine. I guess. :shrug:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Rocket League's original selling point was the PC/PS4 crossplay, which later turned into PC/PS4 and Xbone cross play.

Where is this whole "Sony doesn't want PS4 cross play anymore" come from?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Twerk from Home posted:

MS is heading straight toward convergence, the Xbone will be running Windows 10 S in 2 years and Xbox will be a plain old PC, capable of running MS Office and all.

I don't think that you can build a PC that plays games as well as an Xbone for $250.

The Xbox won't exist in two years time outside of being the name of the game launcher in Win 10.

They announced a new console and showed a bunch of games that have been in development for years that looked like they were running on the 360. They've already given up on being a console manufacturer.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This actually reminds me a bit of one of the horror stories from someone in the PSN thread who got permabanned (eventually reversed) because a registered sex offender had used his email address for some reason when registering with the state's criminal board. If this isn't a hogwash PR answer, it's probably because they "guarantee" to do everything they can to keep online players safe especially for kids' games like Minecraft and Call of Duty (and I suspect the fact that this is specifically Minecraft plays a big role in this decision for that reason), and other players not having a PSN account they can punish makes that difficult.

Still dumb as hell, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now that I've actually seen a gameplay trailer of Fortnite I think I might be interested in it...?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Instant Sunrise posted:

Rocket League's original selling point was the PC/PS4 crossplay, which later turned into PC/PS4 and Xbone cross play.

Where is this whole "Sony doesn't want PS4 cross play anymore" come from?

literally from Sony themselves.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now that I've actually seen a gameplay trailer of Fortnite I think I might be interested in it...?

It looks pretty cool but beta reviews are very clear that it needs a lot of work

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agreed. It kept ticking off boxes that I look for in a game. It might be too cutesy, but I much prefer that to something like state of decay 2 zombie life decisions simulator. And I love tower defense anything.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo can announce games they don't even have names for yet, confident that they'll all be released before Beyond Good & Evil 2

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fortnite feels way too ambitious. They're trying to do everything and it seems like it won't make any specific group of gamers happy, which would doom it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/874723992849883136

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They're showing more Odyssey.

Mario is in the Lost Woods

"The [Bowseremoji] monster has taken our flowers"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo can announce games they don't even have names for yet, confident that they'll all be released before Beyond Good & Evil 2

Will BG&E2 even release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pinstripe suit and fedora Mario

• Locked thread