Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Steph is infuriating though because he'll disappear at crucial junctures. I'm still mat at him, Festus Ezili and Steve Kerr for last year's finals, and this year isn't really a balm because the Warriors kinda cheated to win.

This is what I meant when I said this championship wouldn't act to rectify the scales of injustice: Instead of a rematch, the Warriors went and put their thumb on their side of the scale and pushed. But hey the Cavs didn't stay still, and you don't turn down the opportunity to win that Durant offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Never forget https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/18688294600

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Pelicans are screwed unless they have wings, not combo forwards they slot into the 3 because they have no other choice.

Pelicans are screwed because their owner doesn't care about them, was basically given the team at a massive discount just so they wouldn't move,, and their media market is the 52nd largest in the USA.

Still I think Jrue/Cousins/Davis with some shooting at 2/3 can be a deadly offense. But they're capped out, they're going to be like 15 million over the cap and maybe a hair under the tax, absolutely a hair under the tax, knowing their owner and media market.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/omer-asik-7110/
Omer is making 11m a year for 3 more years. They should stretch him or waive him. They won't be able to sign anyone except with the midlevel. They're going to have to gamble on d-league wings and backups until he's gone, and even then they'll only have a little bit of breathing room.

All that being said, they got an all NBA player who could be a top 5 NBA player to play alongside their other top 5 NBA player, both signed for 3 years non new supermaxes for the 10th pick in the draft, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, and Tyreke Evans. That is the infamous dollar for a couple quarters and some dimes and nickels- trade.

The team as constructed looks top heavy and if things come together, if Demarcus plays defense, if Jrue stays healthy, if they can get any semblance of a bench, they should be in the mix for 6/7/8

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 13, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if crisp haul doesnt go to the spurs he should go to the pelicans

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Most pelicans do have wings tho :confused:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey man, that brings a tear my eye, which is very helpful to me, because all the nerves to my tear ducts from my eyes were cut so I have to use lubricating drops if I don't cry a tear of emotion. I hope it keeps working for you.

My message to America: GPs can't read all the literature, surgeons get tunnel vision for things that aren't surgery, don't be afraid to search journals and then use sci-hub.cc to get a feel for what's going on in the field of your chronic health condition

Yes, but be careful not to fall for the woo because you are so desperate for help.

That's how people end up getting scammed and harmed by things like homeopaths and "Lyme-literate" doctors.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RaySmuckles posted:

thanks? :shrug:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

gently caress the warriors

Some day not soon enough the San Andreas Fault will get the last laugh.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Brolander posted:

isnt someone supposed to be stepping on the constitution?

hah it really does have that Bad Political Cartoon art style to it, don't it?

Let's toss in some extra nonsense to round the whole thing out. Draw Trump's hair on Giannis and have his long arms stretching out to pickpocket a wallet labeled TAX CUTS from the asspocket of a Jeremy Corbyn cartoon who is making out with a bald eagle puppet labeled Angela Merkel being worked by a dark-skinned hand arm protruding from a white-robed KKK figure labeled ISIS, toss an oil derrick on the Oracle dome and have it pumping blood onto Isaiah Thomas drowning in a kiddie pool balanced on top of a pile of guns.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BWV posted:

I think it was Steph. He probably says he disagrees with Trump's policies but respects the office deeply and want's to hear "both sides" of the argument.

y'all try too hard

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/steph-curry-takes-shot-armour-ceo-calling-trump-asset-article-1.2967679

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

M-m-m-m-mega Shook, shook, shook shook

new kd nickname thoughts incorporating shook:

Shook Nasty
The Shookey-Eyed Killer (:rip: tmac)
Big Shooky
Shookyears Ahead

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RaySmuckles posted:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

gently caress whoever made this picture.

PG's number is now 13 :colbert:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

predicto posted:

Yes, but be careful not to fall for the woo because you are so desperate for help.

That's how people end up getting scammed and harmed by things like homeopaths and "Lyme-literate" doctors.

That's why I said the literature, as in the medical journals, even if you assume 50% of studies can't be reproduced you still have a better shot than a stab in the dark or doing the same poo poo that's not working

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

entire nation misjudging steph because they categorically refuse to be seen walking a mile in his shoes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Pelicans are screwed because their owner doesn't care about them, was basically given the team at a massive discount just so they wouldn't move,, and their media market is the 52nd largest in the USA.

Still I think Jrue/Cousins/Davis with some shooting at 2/3 can be a deadly offense. But they're capped out, they're going to be like 15 million over the cap and maybe a hair under the tax, absolutely a hair under the tax, knowing their owner and media market.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/omer-asik-7110/
Omer is making 11m a year for 3 more years. They should stretch him or waive him. They won't be able to sign anyone except with the midlevel. They're going to have to gamble on d-league wings and backups until he's gone, and even then they'll only have a little bit of breathing room.

All that being said, they got an all NBA player who could be a top 5 NBA player to play alongside their other top 5 NBA player, both signed for 3 years non new supermaxes for the 10th pick in the draft, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, and Tyreke Evans. That is the infamous dollar for a couple quarters and some dimes and nickels- trade.

The team as constructed looks top heavy and if things come together, if Demarcus plays defense, if Jrue stays healthy, if they can get any semblance of a bench, they should be in the mix for 6/7/8

The $30 million per for Hill, Asik, and Moore is a big burden.

edit: also

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's why I said the literature, as in the medical journals, even if you assume 50% of studies can't be reproduced you still have a better shot than a stab in the dark or doing the same poo poo that's not working

50% would be better very generous.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RaySmuckles posted:

Buddy got up. :unsmith:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
so who yall got for Most Valuable Poster? i'll probably just mash that Bashez again this year

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean it's gotta be Zogo right? Answers every post, brings advanced metrics at a high level. No rings tho....

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Rick, Bashez or Mangles

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dejan literally just acquired a life debt from his posting

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/874737421623144448

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

Where can i buy this?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EvanTH posted:

entire nation misjudging steph because they categorically refuse to be seen walking a mile in his shoes
lol

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RaySmuckles posted:

What's the source of this and is there a higher rez version anywhere?

Obviously it's from Bleacher Report but looking at their site (which is loving terrible) I can't tell where it came from.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Kiger_Soze posted:

Where can i buy this?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

I feel like you have to focus on basketball, but even then Dejan would be up there. Especially with the jeans post

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the real posting MVP would tell us they're the MVP like a true Alpha with The Look.

I def don't have the look

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

i said a favor dude lets not go crazy with this ok
like if he wants help moving or ill pick up the tab or something

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Can "Ian Sjumpert" be used as an argument in Tae's favor or are we only counting regular season posting

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I feel like Tae knows The Secret and sometimes it compels him to speak in tongues.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ammanas posted:

i said a favor dude lets not go crazy with this ok
like if he wants help moving or ill pick up the tab or something

No I'm pretty sure we all consider this a Life Debt. :toxx:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you are morgan freeman in that robin hood movie now im sorry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Can "Ian Sjumpert" be used as an argument in Tae's favor or are we only counting regular season posting

Mortal lock for Finals MVP

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i basically only had one and a half good posts but they were pretty prescient at least:

Noctone posted:

Eh, that would probably be a really boring finals. Like a gentleman's sweep at best. With as bad as Cleveland's defense is, I don't think even Lebron going super saiyan can save them from a full strength Warriors squad.

Noctone posted:

LeBron/Kyrie/Love might be able to keep up with GSW's stars but I don't see their bench D not getting eaten alive. Only way they have a chance is if it's a bunch of games like game 5 of the ECF where even though Boston scored a C-note they still got blown out because the Cavs balled out of control on offense

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brolander posted:

so who yall got for Most Valuable Poster? i'll probably just mash that Bashez again this year

It's always Rick, Declan has the most PPP (points per post) but his low volume hurts him. Zogo and Brolic are up there but Rick has the look

Jack's Flow posted:

I feel like Tae knows The Secret and sometimes it compels him to speak in tongues.
Hahahaha that's what the mamba hiss was all about
It was about transcending language. Tae is on his way

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dwyane wade opt out bitch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

lmao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

dwyane wade opt out bitch

he's gonna recruit carmelo

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So are there any teams that are serious challengers to the Warriors at this point?

The Spurs looked good before the Kawhi injury, maybe if they can move enough contracts to sign CP3 without sacrificing too much depth they have a better chance?

The Cavaliers look stuck unless they decide to seriously reconfigure their roster including the big 3.

Houston isn't close enough, neither are the Clippers if they re-sign CP3.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

EvanTH for MVP imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm planning on spoiling the unanimity of the voting by using my first place vote on myself, and the second and third on my fellow rockets posters like all those team pbp guys who have votes for some reason

• Locked thread