Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

glam rock hamhock posted:

I know gone hate Bethesda but at the E3 in theaters thing I went to, VR Skyrim got one of the bigger crowd reactions of the night. People still loving love that game

Skyrim is one of the few video games that you could ever realistically hear normal people talking about in public. It was and still is a gigantic hit and to see anybody going "oh what's this Skyrim" in 2017 is baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

the truth posted:

I have never played Skyrim. Not sure if I should get it for Switch or PSVR :homebrew:

Same, except "PSVR or continue to never play it"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Manatee Cannon posted:

I assume it's taking more pages out of mgsv's playbook than anything

Far Cry 5's subtitle should be The Phantom Pain, you have a dog buddy that tags enemies and retrieves items for you, and the gameplay trailer even describes one of your allies as "a quiet sniper"

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I get the Skyrim fatigue, but I sure did enjoy it when it came out. I think my lack of interest in buying it a second time is because I've played it for dozens of hours and can't see myself ever touching it without tons of mods again. Otherwise I still get the urge to fire it up now and then.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Tried this with TLG to no avail, figured I'd give this a go with Nier: Automata

I finally got to the last play through and am going to try to power it through here fast. Thought about making a mailing list for people that want to play it. Say, you can have the game for two weeks? Then you have to mail it to the next person on the list? I'd get it started of course

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sell it for cash so feelings dont get hurt

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It may be popular but it's still a bit niche and meh feeling charitable

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Skyrim is the worst game I spent 150 hours playing. Still it's ancient at this point so I get why a lot of people are "ok we get it, more Skyrim, but what about the next thing."

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat, I'm down for that. Want to play Nier but money is tight. Paying a few bucks to mail it to someone else shouldn't be an issue.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It may be popular but it's still a bit niche and meh feeling charitable

its nice that you want to give the first person in line a free game

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Meldonox posted:

I get the Skyrim fatigue, but I sure did enjoy it when it came out. I think my lack of interest in buying it a second time is because I've played it for dozens of hours and can't see myself ever touching it without tons of mods again. Otherwise I still get the urge to fire it up now and then.

My experience of trying to get back into Elder Scrolls games that I've stopped playing by coming back to them with mods has been "well, I guess that's a cool addition, but it's still just Skyrim" and uninstalling.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you right should probably stop trying to make fetch happen

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you right should probably stop trying to make fetch happen

How did things go with The Last Guardian fetch?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Didn't happen but also it was recently and most have played it already

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Awesome! posted:

this is like when a 30 year old starts smoking

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, especially after playing Witcher 3, but I bet it could be pretty cool in VR.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Trojan Kaiju posted:

It was actually an awesome game if you could handle the AI. A flawed masterpiece.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kind of upset SoC is a remake and not a drat sequel.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Kind of upset SoC is a remake and not a drat sequel.

what would the narrative point of a sequel be?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

Matterfall looks like a hype game
Supposedly housemarques biggest. Might skip nex machina for it if it launches before nm gets a sale

The early teasers of Matterfall where it looked like this Voxel dude or lots of blocky poo poo flying around up close had me hype. I'm not saying the latest trailers left me cold, but I didn't really see the HOOK anymore. Hopefully it's awesome. I want it to be awesome.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exquisite tea posted:

Skyrim is one of the few video games that you could ever realistically hear normal people talking about in public. It was and still is a gigantic hit and to see anybody going "oh what's this Skyrim" in 2017 is baffling.

yeah its so weird that people would make fun of the horse armor company that finally got some traction with paid mods in one of the two games they keep trying to sell people on. and sell community made mods for real money. and started a program to sell more community made mods for their seven year old game

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I know gone hate Bethesda but at the E3 in theaters thing I went to, VR Skyrim got one of the bigger crowd reactions of the night. People still loving love that game

At the actual E3 conference COD got one of the bigger crowd reactions. People are still people.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
EDIT:WRONG THREAD

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I dont really have a horse in the console race. That said, I identify primarily as a PS4 guy. That said, that said... I felt like E3 I would most likely have a biased edge towards Sony. That said, that said, that said.. I felt it was pretty boring.

I was not disappointed anywhere... more just like, "Yep, that's a game. I will play it."

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Feenix posted:

I dont really have a horse in the console race. That said, I identify primarily as a PS4 guy. That said, that said... I felt like E3 I would most likely have a biased edge towards Sony. That said, that said, that said.. I felt it was pretty boring.

I was not disappointed anywhere... more just like, "Yep, that's a game. I will play it."

That's more or less it, just stuff we already knew and stuff from last year and like, one surprise (unless you monitor leaks).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

we cant all get new $500 consoles with no games to salivate over

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sony will have a good year in 2018 is about all I can take away from their e3 press conference. the 2nd/3rd party stuff has been way more exciting on the whole for me since the the only new 1st party game I can think of that was announced was metroid prime 4. unless I'm forgetting something from microsoft anyway

tho nintendo is the only one that convinced me to buy a console of the 3 (I don't need an xbox and they've not sold me on upgrading to the pro, but the switch is something I feel will be worth the money)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the idea of winning e3 is maybe a little overstated, but i feel like that's because people generally aren't on the fence about $300-500 pieces of hardware and were either gonna get them or not already

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is cross platform play just as bad as backward compibility now?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does resolution actually matter now?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rabidsquid posted:

i think the idea of winning e3 is maybe a little overstated, but i feel like that's because people generally aren't on the fence about $300-500 pieces of hardware and were either gonna get them or not already

Yeah sorry if I made it sound like Winning E3 was the point. Mostly I just felt like this was the first time in quite a few years I didn't, like, pump my fist HARD over at least one thing. Mostly I was just like, "yep. That's cool".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nawid posted:

what would the narrative point of a sequel be?

Spiritual sequel then. I want new colossuses colossi?

I've played this game a lot. I really love it. All this effort and the trailer was all the same things I've seen. Sigh

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I can't tell if it's actually the fault of the game or the trailer at all, but the only thing I got from the Spider-Man segment was that everything I actually wanted from a Spider-Man game was done in Just Cause 3.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
PSA: Dirt 4 and Wipeout Omega Collection are both cool and good games and you should buy them and have fun going fast like Sonic

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

the truth posted:

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, especially after playing Witcher 3, but I bet it could be pretty cool in VR.

Speaking of Witcher 3, it sounds like it's getting the proper Pro patch now that they're going to be doing it anyway for the BoneX.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I don't know who's winning E3, but I know who's losing.

(it's my wallet)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought matterfall because this trailer is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuI7sXR62U

but then i bought nex machina cause its coop trailer is even cooler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4Iy05h16w

every summer is housemarque summer

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Trojan Kaiju posted:

The last guardian was one of the best games of 2016 (?). if you are a normal human being who has ever owned a pet of the cat or dog type, and played through the entire game, slowly earning trico's trust until the finale, there is no better ending to a game and it genuinely almost made shed an actual human tear.

Yeah the controls might not be super sharp but you're controlling a clumsy kid, and the animation is top notch. If you actually pay attention to trico you can pretty much always understand what it's thinking, and people who complain about the AI not instantly doing what you want it to have obviously never owned and felt the love of an actual living pet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Same

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

The last guardian was one of the best games of 2016 (?). if you are a normal human being who has ever owned a pet of the cat or dog type, and played through the entire game, slowly earning trico's trust until the finale, there is no better ending to a game and it genuinely almost made shed an actual human tear.

Yeah the controls might not be super sharp but you're controlling a clumsy kid, and the animation is top notch. If you actually pay attention to trico you can pretty much always understand what it's thinking, and people who complain about the AI not instantly doing what you want it to have obviously never owned and felt the love of an actual living pet.

Loved my dog. The ending was really nothing special, aside from the almost comical amount of brutality inflicted on Trico himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does the dog die at the end