Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
We can work out a deal if you agree to some Highlander poo poo, buckshot :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Also, how the gently caress do you even complete tier 1 gun range

Take it slowly and always aim for the red spot on the head, tap for each shot and only fire as many shots into a target as you need to drop it. Pistol takes 1 shot, SMG takes 3, the rifles take 5, the MG takes 10, and sniper takes 1. As long as you keep up the multiplier it should be fine. I mean I'm garbage and I'm pulling it off.

edit: and keep firing until you can't fire any more. You still earn points after the last countdown beep

Icedude fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 14, 2017

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Icedude posted:

Take it slowly and always aim for the red spot on the head, tap for each shot and only fire as many shots into a target as you need to drop it. Pistol takes 1 shot, SMG takes 3, the rifles take 5, the MG takes 10, and sniper takes 1. As long as you keep up the multiplier it should be fine. I mean I'm garbage and I'm pulling it off.

edit: and keep firing until you can't fire any more. You still earn points after the last countdown beep

Guess I'm just a lousy shot, I don't think I've got more than 400 points. :(

Please tell me it doesn't unlock anything but the explosives pickups.

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014

Icedude posted:

On top of that, for auto weapons (especially machine gun) don't bother trying to go for the head at the farthest distance go for the chest so you can rail off enough bullets as possible and only go for the head at close range.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Guess I'm just a lousy shot, I don't think I've got more than 400 points. :(

Please tell me it doesn't unlock anything but the explosives pickups.

Level 1 gives you gold/platinum skins for the new guns, and level 2 lets you carry 5 more of every throwable explosive (so 30 grenades/stickies, 15 pipebombs, 10 proxies).

Not sure about level 3, but I'm, sure someone has it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

the answer is always be headshotting. Pistol targets take 1 hit to drop, SMG takes 3, AR takes 5, etc... Combat MG takes 10.

upgrade your weapons first, count your hits. I don't think the AR one is reasonable at level 3 without the Mk 2.

In my opinion pistol is the least forgiving, AR short second. Everything else is okay once you get the rhythm down of how long to hold the trigger for a burst on the head. and always keep firing until it literally locks you out - you can get a few more shots in even after the timer hits 0:00 and that is occasionally the margin of victory. I won at least 2 of the level 3 challenges by 5 points.

Icedude posted:

Not sure about level 3, but I'm, sure someone has it.

Cosmetic items, I'm sure you'll be thrilled. 3 hats, 3 hoodies, 6 t-shirts.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

various cheeses posted:

I saw somewhere the property upkeep is $10k per day on the bunker. 10k every 48 minutes :chanpop:

And if its like the drug businesses, you CANT sell it, so once you buy one you've signed up for upkeep for LIFE.

Good one R*.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Zaphod42 posted:

And if its like the drug businesses, you CANT sell it, so once you buy one you've signed up for upkeep for LIFE.

Good one R*.

Um, no? Go into your drug business and use the computer. Choose the option to shut down the business. No more upkeep, no more product.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

BitBasher posted:

Um, no? Go into your drug business and use the computer. Choose the option to shut down the business. No more upkeep, no more product.

Yep, this works. No upkeep for biker businesses if you shut them down. Same with gunrunning from what I understand. Bonus for gunrunning, though - Agent 14 is so, so much more tolerable than Lester.

also as a quick summary for anyone who hasn't gotten into it, it's basically what you would expect from seeing what CEO, Biker, and Import/Export were like. Get supplies, turn them into research (for new things to spend money on) or weapon crates (to sell) and doing x number of resupply and/or sell missions unlocks new Securoserv vehicle missions v2.0 to get discounts on the new poo poo. Nothing really groundbreaking mechanically here.

the 'nice' thing is you can combo it with import/export or crates or vip work or biker businesses or whatever so you at least have lots of concurrent money timers running. research goes pretty fast if you exclusively select research instead of splitting research/manufacturing so you could make your money with i/e and sink it into research in the bunker. Might be the best idea for cash-strapped players, not sure.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 14, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I know I can't use the laptop while in a private session, but someone said some gunrunning activities can be done on one; I just can't remember what or if they right.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I didn't see the patch notes for this update posted, but there are a few interesting notes this round:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008752188

Rockstar posted:

To become a VIP, players now only need $50,000 in their bank account – previously, this was $1,000,000.
Fixed an issue that resulted in the Cargobob helicopter accidentally dropping the Vehicle Cargo during Source Vehicle missions.
Fixed an issue that resulted in Race physics to not work as intended
Fixed an issue that resulted in ambient traffic to behave erratically after multiple players spawned into Freemode upon completing an Adversary Mode.
Fixed an issue that resulted in player’s vehicles losing all recently applied mods after exiting the Custom Auto Shop.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

marshmallow creep posted:

I know I can't use the laptop while in a private session, but someone said some gunrunning activities can be done on one; I just can't remember what or if they right.

Use this: https://github.com/Dysanix/SessionSweeper

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Haven't played this in a while, coming back for the Gunrunner update. What's a good way to start raking in the big bucks so I can buy all this fancy new poo poo? Last time I played was around when they introduced offices, but I never really did much with them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Grinding Pac Sun and jobs is still the best way.

Gunrunning only gets around 100k /hr. They'll probably make it even worse in a few weeks like they did for the MC businesses.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I saw someone had a purple and green gun tint. Are custom tints unlockable? I've only been hearing about gold and plat.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Cheap Shot posted:

I saw someone had a purple and green gun tint. Are custom tints unlockable? I've only been hearing about gold and plat.

All the other tints are available right off the bat, gold and plat are the only tints you have to earn.

Also found someone who had unlocked FMJ ammo earlier, and holy poo poo a Combat MG with those in will eat through a car in like half a second :eyepop:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Goofballs posted:

and again who the gently caress are you guy who never talks to anyone on discord?

Literally who are you? There's a discord where we can talk to each other and do. I have no idea who you are. I'm thinking the real baby is the one who doesn't interact with people he doesn't know ever. zig is wrong but at least he turns up. who the gently caress are you?

lmao

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hay guys, it's been a while since I last played GTA online and even though I'm in lljk I never interacted with goons all that much but now I feel like I'd like to go balls in with the new update, is there a discord or-

Goofballs posted:

and again who the gently caress are you guy who never talks to anyone on discord?

Literally who are you? There's a discord where we can talk to each other and do. I have no idea who you are. I'm thinking the real baby is the one who doesn't interact with people he doesn't know ever. zig is wrong but at least he turns up. who the gently caress are you?

WOahay nevermind. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The new bunkers are MASSIVE. Gonna have to save up to buy the trailer after buying that though.

BitBasher posted:

Pretty sure that's wrong.

You still pay a minor upkeep, and you still get continual cell phone calls from the rear end in a top hat about "HEY, THERE'S NO DRUG PRODUCTS!!!!" every 5 minutes.

Yes, even if you shut down the business. That is not the same as selling it.

Psion posted:

Yep, this works. No upkeep for biker businesses if you shut them down. Same with gunrunning from what I understand. Bonus for gunrunning, though - Agent 14 is so, so much more tolerable than Lester.

I believe there is an upkeep for biker businesses even if you shut them down. Its just much less. I've heard other people say there is too.

But regardless, you still get cell phone calls about how there's no supply, which is maddening.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 14, 2017

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

I believe there is an upkeep for biker businesses even if you shut them down. Its just much less. I've heard other people say there is too.

But regardless, you still get cell phone calls about how there's no supply, which is maddening.

I can attest that both these things are false, I pay no upkeep and haven't heard LJT's voice in many a blessed moon.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I can attest that both these things are false, I pay no upkeep and haven't heard LJT's voice in many a blessed moon.

What the gently caress, I shut mine down and I hear LJT all the loving time.

Maybe if you have one shut down and one not, it doesn't work? I shut down my weed farm, I double and triple checked it. He calls me about both of my properties one after the other.

I have another open which I'm using to make money now to save up for gunrunning stuff, but the other is definitely shut down and I only want one.

Bug??

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Bah when I logged in again today they told me they took 7.5mill of my hackerbux but not all of it for some reason? still left me with 14mill overall (which 9 mill would be still be haxed)

I also noticed they've put up a "Your illegitimate $$ and RP has been removed" message in the loading screen.

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe if you have one shut down and one not, it doesn't work? I shut down my weed farm, I double and triple checked it. He calls me about both of my properties one after the other.

I got a call from him the other night complaining about the coke factory having no supplies and I haven't had my MC active for ages. Most of the time when NPC's try call me I decline the call (just like in real life yay) unless it's Lester and his heist thing because he is one persistent motherfucker if you don't answer and hang up immediately.

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe if you have one shut down and one not, it doesn't work?

Could be; I should specify that I have all five businesses and they're all inactive.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Could be; I should specify that I have all five businesses and they're all inactive.

Well at least that's good news that after I finish making some cash I can close both and hopefully have that be the end of it. Ugh.

I want to murder LJT and I've seen several people on the internet saying the same thing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Patch notes mention fixing back-to-back calls from that LTJ fucker, so maybe it's fixed? They also claim fixes for connectivity and netsplitting. I'll have to see it to believe it.

The gun skins look like they were made in MS Paint, but the upgraded models are pretty cool.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cheap Shot posted:

Like Icedude said, custom tints are available right from the start. You can also combine them with the unlockable camo patterns to make some truly ridiculous stuff:

Also, a fun little detail: If you put the Tracer mag on your weapon, the tracers it fires are the color of whatever tint you have applied. The only downside is, it severely limits your ammo capacity for that gun, which is a bit silly considering the tracer rounds aren't exactly amazing, they're basically just there for flash. They're fun though :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reading these reports and these last few pages has been a wild ride. Good grief.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Did the first of the new vehicle missions, it's pretty fun, although I was only driving, didn't get to use the gun.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
what does a full bunkers worth or product sell for?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

It has to have some supplies sitting there when you shut it down.

Though having a second one still working might also be screwing it up, I saw the "profit" from the biker businesses and said no way.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

VideoGames posted:

Reading these reports and these last few pages has been a wild ride. Good grief.

People report these posts??? There are some children in here drat...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

People report these posts??? There are some children in here drat...

Well, there were quite a few reports, but only of one person, and reading through the thread I could see what needful needed to be done. I did have a lot of laughs though!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

VideoGames posted:

Well, there were quite a few reports, but only of one person, and reading through the thread I could see what needful needed to be done. I did have a lot of laughs though!

I saw a bunch of cringe worthy posts but none that elicited any laughter

strange sense of humor on this one

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

It has to have some supplies sitting there when you shut it down.

If this works then awesome

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

coupedeville posted:

I saw a bunch of cringe worthy posts but none that elicited any laughter

strange sense of humor on this one

I can't deny that. I think it was the sort of laughing you do at cringe tv shows like the Office. :)

Needless to say, it's all sorted now, so we can get back to finding out who everyone is and playing GTA online.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is research random or in a set order?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Random, it seems.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Is research random or in a set order?

It appears to be random. I didn't get the ballistic gear and explosive sniper rifle ammo until my last 3.

The limits on the new ammo are loving terrible, and for most part completely takes it out of the game. You can't refill it through the interaction menu, and it doesn't refill when you hit "buy all ammo", you can only refill it in the truck.

Jose Mengelez posted:

what does a full bunkers worth or product sell for?
extrapolated out from this, about $1m. it produces $50k product an hour. Selling out of county sells for 150%

Also.

ROCKSTART THEIF MY MONEYS

Damnit, that's at least $10m gone :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I had a weird moment yesterday where I had 648K left over after purchases for Gunrunning and then joined my friends in the evening only to find I had 500k. I mean, it's only the profit of two top end car sales but what happened? No messages about adjustment, either, so it seems like an error.

• Locked thread