Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its only tuesday

and im thinkin

bout them dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Why isn't Costco carrying IBC rootbeer anymore?
:smith:

Those fuckers at Sam's Club do though.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Fog Tripper posted:

Why isn't Costco carrying IBC rootbeer anymore?
:smith:

Those fuckers at Sam's Club do though.

They probably can't get it cheap enough to keep it under the 15% markup cap.

Didn't matter to me though. Wisconsin Costcos carry Sprecher, which is far superior to IBC.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Holiday Costco when they have the Popcornonopolis mini-store with samples :getin:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i know i'm late but since loving when are we not supposed to eat ten pounds of costco dogs in a week just who the gently caress do you think you are

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That was my fault. I must have gotten confused assuming dogs and the dogs.

I've got dogs on my mind.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've got dogs on my mind.

same.... same...

gonna try this kirkland bacon tomorrow though, i assume it will be perfect in every way

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Went with the Polish

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Man, I thought for sure I'd hit a sweet spot hitting up Costco about 45 minutes before closing on a Tuesday night (was going to go last night but had a migraine). Nope, no loving way. Parking lot wasn't "shank a bitch mode" at least but the inside and lines were p bad, and worst was Food Court still.

gently caress all california costco's forever and ever

The highlight is I spent 30 minutes waiting at Food Court line and got a polish dog for the first time, I've been going to price-costco since like 1989 and never had one. it was real good and much better than the normal dog imo. Also deli mustard owns bones.

FogHelmut posted:

Went with the Polish

this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a nice dog but I would personally put like 3 times the amount of onions beacause im all about that crunch

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

gently caress all california costco's forever and ever

I was going to Irvine for a while, but it's completely hosed there. Switched to Heather Ridge Rd, Laguna Niguel (there are two in Laguna Niguel.) Never a line for gas. Avoid Costco's that are too close to the freeway.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

I was going to Irvine for a while, but it's completely hosed there. Switched to Heather Ridge Rd, Laguna Niguel (there are two in Laguna Niguel.) Never a line for gas. Avoid Costco's that are too close to the freeway.
I don't really have a choice, the closest one is actually only a few miles, but it's off the freeway and it serves a significant part of the N/E bay area metropolitan area. The other one is San Leandro which means getting on 880 and that is utter shitshow all the time.

I grew up in Santa Rosa and there only used to be 1 costco there which sucked, but they built another one about 5 miles south and that one isn't nearly as bad. it's nice going there when I'm at my dentist next door and realizing "holy gently caress costco with no one here is fantastic"

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Dely Apple posted:

Holiday Costco when they have the Popcornonopolis mini-store with samples :getin:

Yes! Holy poo poo! Popcornopolis is amazing! Their zebra popcorn is one of the best things ever.

Every loving time I go to Costco I literally have to actively stop myself from getting it. It's easy enough right now but man, once you get into the holidays it's just so... appropriate and delicious.

Xaris posted:

Man, I thought for sure I'd hit a sweet spot hitting up Costco about 45 minutes before closing on a Tuesday night

You were a little early for an empty warehouse in CA. If you know what you want in advance, 25-30 minutes before closing is where it really thins out. And they won't kick you out even if you're slow. They have a lot of work to do after closing so it's no big deal.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
I wonder about Costco sometimes

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Just lol if you don't have an all out internal mental breakdown on whether to buy the giant farm animal feedbag size of the Chicago mix popcorn because you know you'll eat half of it as soon as you get home.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

2 pack of a Dave's Kill Bread with instant rebate PBUC

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

clamiam45 posted:

I wonder about Costco sometimes

if by "I" you mean "I'm" and by wonder you mean "thinking" and by Costco you mean "them dogs" and not sometimes, then definitely I'm the same way

just wanted to let everyone know i just had a nice lil thought about them dogs

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
costco dogs are like the non-lovely version of "the game" where you think about it and you lose, but in this case you think about them and you win and so does everyone you tell

A: "oh shiet i just thought about them dogs at Costco"

B: "oh dam, that sounds real nice, thanks for suggesting that thing for me to think about too"

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

kazr posted:

2 pack of a Dave's Kill Bread with instant rebate PBUC

It's the best goddamn bread

I only take samples now if the sample person is busy talking to someone else so I don't run the risk of them trying to sell me on something

Just yoink that little cup and loving run

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jfc why hasn't this new Costco by my house starting grading yet I need dem dogs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
their buns are really good. i think i normally hate hot dogs i've had because buns are universally cardboard and always seem 3-weeks stale and tasteless like that garbage rainbow brand or worse, but costcos are really nice

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Teikanmi posted:

if by "I" you mean "I'm" and by wonder you mean "thinking" and by Costco you mean "them dogs" and not sometimes, then definitely I'm the same way

just wanted to let everyone know i just had a nice lil thought about them dogs

Look I'm not good at puzzles. I like Costco.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gonna try this kirkland bacon tomorrow though, i assume it will be perfect in every way

I was hugely disappointed in it, way too much fat. It reminded me far too much of the crappy bacon my dad used to buy when I was growing up.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Does anyone else think Costco should modify the carts to have a dog/pizza holder so you can chew while you cruise?

I don't know if it's just a thing with the Japanese Costcos but they won't let you eat stuff in the shopping area, I tried it once and they told me to go back to the food court until I was finished.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

I was hugely disappointed in it, way too much fat. It reminded me far too much of the crappy bacon my dad used to buy when I was growing up.

Sad! I'll post my own experiences in a bit, about to rip this baggy wide open.

On another note... been thinkin... bout them dogs and refil...

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The lady and I don't have a car and mostly I love that fact because it's cheap and easy and we can get as drunk as we want, but the idea that there's an adjacent reality where I could go and buy a pallet of lacroix and also a couple of those half gallon-sized boxes of goldfish really makes me think about asking life questions. If they've got those barrels of three popcorns with pictures of christmas on them around christmas time, we might need to make some arrangements.

Real Mean Queen fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 14, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Real Mean Queen posted:

The lady and I don't have a car and mostly I love that fact because it's cheap and easy and we can get as drunk as we want, but the idea that there's an adjacent reality where I could go and buy a pallet of lacroix and also a couple of those half gallon-sized boxes of goldfish really makes me think about asking some questions.

You got questions? Ask away, but lemme tell you up front, there are refill(s).

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You got questions? Ask away, but lemme tell you up front, there are refill(s).

How's the enormous barrel of christmas-time popcorn game up in the costco? It seems like the main place to get one, but I've never tried. Most of my questions revolve around "how are we going to figure out how driving works" and "how are we going to get a car" and "where the gently caress are we going to park in Tweakers Break Into Everything, USA." These aren't super daunting ideas if it means there's popcorn barrels, obviously, and they're not directed at you. I'm more worried about the payoff than the logistics.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Real Mean Queen posted:

The lady and I don't have a car and mostly I love that fact because it's cheap and easy and we can get as drunk as we want, but the idea that there's an adjacent reality where I could go and buy a pallet of lacroix and also a couple of those half gallon-sized boxes of goldfish really makes me think about asking life questions. If they've got those barrels of three popcorns with pictures of christmas on them around christmas time, we might need to make some arrangements.

I don't have a car either, but that's no excuse! Once a month I rent a car for the specific purpose of going to Costco to stock up and partake in some delicious hot dog with free refill.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Generally a Costco is right next to a HomeDepot or a Lowes.

Do your shopping, have your lady stick around while you eat your hot dog or whatever on the go, walk over to Home Depot and rent a truck for 20 bucks for 75 minutes. Load up, drive home.

That or just rent an Enterprise car for one day and take your time.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Can you also rent a car through Costco? It seems like you should be able to. All things are possible through Costco, PBUC.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

shyp is starting to open up (i believe) unlimited fresh costco to your door, same day, for $99 a year. though the dogs will run dry using this service!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Some young bros were interrupting my checkout last night, asking the cashier if they could buy alcohol without a membership. How did they get in without a membership? Why didn't they ask customer service? Why wouldn't they want to be members?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Can you also rent a car through Costco? It seems like you should be able to. All things are possible through Costco, PBUC.

Yeah.
https://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Google Express will also deliver from Costco if they're in your area.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Greetings, friends!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Yet again my faith in Costco rewards me. Praise be!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

Google Express will also deliver from Costco if they're in your area.

Holy poo poo, I didn't know this!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Count Freebasie posted:

Greetings, friends!

no deli mustard? for shame!

j/k we don't condiment shame here. but no really use deli mustard (which is a stupid name for spicy brown-dijon but w/e)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?