Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

But he's not a lawyer anymore.
Do they know? Do they care? Them kicking the guy who started the whole thing would still make them look bad since he is quite loved by the clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Kim was blasted on whatever kind of almost-meth goes into trucker crack. There was a bottle of NoDoze on her dashboard in the oil well scene.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I remember sleeping through half of my classes after I stayed up a few nights in a row to juggle studying and having a night shift job. I never saw the car crash scene coming, I really liked the jump cut effects, and it made me glad I don't drive. Kim should drop the Gatwood Oil case. If she decides to keep doing it, maybe she could try to get away with having Francesca drive her while she takes her power naps?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

jfood posted:

Kim was blasted on whatever kind of almost-meth goes into trucker crack. There was a bottle of NoDoze on her dashboard in the oil well scene.

Setting up Kim becoming a tweaker in S4?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Kim later changes her name to Wendy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Saul, you've gone too far this time:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Wow, the guy who played the oil tycoon was Hank from the original run of Twin Peaks. Didn't even recognize him.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

i am the bird posted:

Kim later changes her name to Wendy Skank and has a kid with Spooge

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was just thinking about HHM being hit with increased premiums for all partners due to Chuck's illness. Isn't Kim partners with Jimmy? Shouldn't she be hit with the 150% hike as well?

I guess my post is less about trying to make sense of the inner working's of BCS's world and more a prediction for the very near future. Jimmy desperately wants to maintain their partnership, and this could be the final straw, if his making old ladies cry isn't exposed first.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Rexides posted:

I was just thinking about HHM being hit with increased premiums for all partners due to Chuck's illness. Isn't Kim partners with Jimmy? Shouldn't she be hit with the 150% hike as well?
Same building, separate practices.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Cojawfee posted:

What was with the blood at the car crash? I've been in a car crash before and I got some burns on my face from the airbag, but I wasn't bleeding or anything.

Haha

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yes, a car crash is a totally valid reason to miss a meeting. However, when you're a single-person practice, and you assure your big clients that "yes, I can do this." and then you work yourself to exhaustion and get into a very-obviously-fatigue-induced single-car crash, it's gonna make your clients reevaluate the single lawyer strategy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, if Kim is laid up for however long, unable to work with Mesa Verde, I absolutely wouldn't blame them for going 'Well, sorry about this Kim, but we're out. Best of luck." For them, it's an annoyance to have to once again switch lawyers/firms; for Kim, it's a massive career blow.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That seems like a uncharacteristically lazy story line.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Kim's not going to have her career ruined or anything, this is just going to serve as a catalyst for her making a major change in her life.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Kim's not going to have her career ruined or anything, this is just going to serve as a catalyst for her making a major change in her life.
Basically this. I wonder if she will want to go back to a group practice after the accident, but probably a longshot

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Like rethinking her line of work?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Same building, separate practices.

Derp, yeah, forgot about that. I was picturing the "WM" logo on their wall and for some reason I believed it meant they were partners.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Help Im Alive posted:

Can you really be pissed at your lawyer for getting into a car crash

Should you? Is it fair? Maybe not. But if these folks miss their deadline, then there's no telling how they'll react.

I think someone has already mentioned that Kim could fabricate a story about another driver swerving into her lane or something of the sort. I would think that a story like that, told by someone with her credibility, should explain it to everyone's satisfaction. Well, that is, assuming her brain isn't addled by the accident at the time she talks to investigators and she's able to think of it. She doesn't even have to be a smooth liar, because they'll expect her to be badly shaken. And also, assuming that no one is motivated to find a witness to the accident and is able to do so.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

In the business world, all that matters is results

Kim's tumultuous​ life, if not now, will eventually ruin her if she doesn't pull out and reevaluate her current situation

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Vanderdeath posted:

What Jimmy/Saul did was dirty as gently caress but Walter White literally killed people and was an abhorrent monster. Jimmy/Saul still has a soul but I doubt he'll ever come close to becoming what Walt was.

Have you forgotten how readily Saul suggests having multiple people murdered over the course of Breaking Bad, while he is not killing them with his bare hands he definitely is not even close being a innocent or good person.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When it comes to large sums of money nobody cares why their solo practice attorney got into a car wreck. Kim could have stopped to save someone's life and her clients would still be justified going elsewhere. The tax man doesn't care why you missed the deadline (in the case of that oil company).

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

mobby_6kl posted:

Like rethinking her line of work?

"Sleep? It's never stopping me again!"
*does meth*
*smash cut to motel parking lot*

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

socialsecurity posted:

Have you forgotten how readily Saul suggests having multiple people murdered over the course of Breaking Bad, while he is not killing them with his bare hands he definitely is not even close being a innocent or good person.

I think you misunderstood him. He's merely suggesting a sunny tropical holiday in those scenes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mesa Verde was big enough that HHM partners cared about it, so I assume Kim is making enough money off them that she could have hired another attorney to help and hasn't for some bad reason.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I think you misunderstood him. He's merely suggesting a sunny tropical holiday in those scenes.

Badger: "HAHAHA nooooooo way summer in the bahamaass WEEWW!"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kuiperdolin posted:

Wasn't Jim persona non grata at Sandpiper before?

not sandpiper in general, but it's a bit weird that his rant in the bingo parlor was basically the capstone to season 1 and there wasn't any comment on it here. it would have been nice to have a minute or two of him explaining/apologizing to the staff to get his announcer spot back

PostNouveau posted:

Mesa Verde was big enough that HHM partners cared about it, so I assume Kim is making enough money off them that she could have hired another attorney to help and hasn't for some bad reason.
one of her major sources of stress is about how she landed the mesa verde case to begin with. guilt/paranoia is probably holding her back, which would also explain why she was so hesitant about hiring a secretary to begin with. at least shes getting along with francessca now

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 14, 2017

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Venuz Patrol posted:

not sandpiper in general, but it's a bit weird that his rant in the bingo parlor was basically the capstone to season 1 and there wasn't any comment on it here. it would have been nice to have a minute or two of him explaining/apologizing to the staff to get his announcer spot back

one of her major sources of stress is about how she landed the mesa verde case to begin with. guilt/paranoia is probably holding her back, which would also explain why she was so hesitant about hiring a secretary to begin with. at least shes getting along with francessca now

I was under the impression, quite possibly incorrectly, that the MV people expect that all the work they throw at Kim will be handled by her personally, simply because they're so enamored of her. Or that maybe it just seems that way to Kim. And possibly, maybe, also because she feels that her promise to give them her undivided attention implies that she'll do it all herself.

I really like the guilt/paranoia angle, though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hah, there's a Mesa Verde trailer park where I live. Someone should do an inventory of how many things in the real southwest are called Mesa Verde.

FWIW that empty field of oil rigs is a perfect representation of west Texas.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hah, there's a Mesa Verde trailer park where I live. Someone should do an inventory of how many things in the real southwest are called Mesa Verde.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncountable_Set

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I thought things were pointing to Kim getting Jimmy to illegally help her with legal work and then getting caught. After the car crash I think it's more likely that she loses the oil company and possibly Mesa Verde and can't keep up as a solo lawyer and has to crawl back to HHM.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
chuck got pissed at howard for the same thing howard got pissed at kim for last episode. i wonder if he'll recognize the irony, or continue taking his frustration out on her like he has been for the whole show

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Hey law people, could Jimmy legally handle the administrative aspects of Kim's work? He wouldn't be practicing law, just helping Francesca make copies and file papers and mail stuff and whatnot

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I work at a fast food chain and I keep calling our verde salsa "Mesa Verde"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've heard several people say that this last episode made them hate Saul and they can't figure out if that's why they have actually began rooting for Chuck, or if Chuck is actually sympathetic now.

What I am saying is this show is brilliantly written.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TBeats posted:

I've heard several people say that this last episode made them hate Saul and they can't figure out if that's why they have actually began rooting for Chuck, or if Chuck is actually sympathetic now.

What I am saying is this show is brilliantly written.

It's both. Remember when we started liking Hamlin at the end of season 1? Well now we're starting to like Chuck at the end of season 3. Vinny Gil knows how to write characters.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I liked the explanation of Gatwood Oil's case and how it made me sympathize with them, as an environmentally woke geology major

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

How in the gently caress do you start liking Chuck at the end of season 3? He's a mentally piece of poo poo that is costing HHM large sums of money and its reputation. Howard was completely rational when he told Chuck to quit. It's actually Howard that is becoming an interesting character.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Red like a Mesa, Green like Verde

A great contradiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Chuck is an irredeemable shitheel and liking him now is akin to liking Hitler in April of 1945.

• Locked thread