Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

heres the pic of the hat.

sorry i tried to get footage of me playing mario and the dbz game with snapchat spectacles but they loving failed me so now i have nothing :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
when does treehouse starts anew today

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

when does treehouse starts anew today
The Nintendo stream restarts at 10am, and will include a Pokken tourney at 10:30am and an ARMS tourney at 3:30pm. I dunno if any new games will be shown tomorrow... but do they really have to after their first day?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think they said all new stuff would be in the first hour yesterday so probably not.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

That's fine just Switch isn't relevant until Animal Crossing Switch happens.

A significant portion of the Animal Crossing overlaps with the Splatoon team which was working on Splatoon 1 DLC and a direct sequel. I'm guessing Animal Crossing Switch gets announced along the mobile game for 2018.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I kinda want to see more Odyssey.

But I also kinda don't...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I think they said all new stuff would be in the first hour yesterday so probably not.

I don't think the mario & luigi remake was announced in the first hour, so it's possible there could still be some other random surprise like with codename steam that one year but yeah, most likely it'll just showing off games in development that they announced already, which is fine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:same:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Lost a lot of interest in Wargroove when I found out its by the Starbound devs.

Maybe it doesn't have a release date because it's going to take them 4 years to loving finish it.

It looks quite good so far, they've had many demos of the campaign builder and it doesn't look as though they have much more to do

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I kinda want to see more Odyssey.

But I also kinda don't...

At this point I have had enough, we're going to soon cross over into oversaturation when I just want to play it. Which, based on that crazy early release date, will be very soon. Time for Nintendo just to keep rolling with nindies announcements. There are so many "Holiday 2017" release dates from that last presentation that they can hammer home. Give me Overcooked, Wargroove, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley pls.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'd be cool if Nintendo was actually able to get Switch's out. After showing Kirby and Yoshi my girlfriend is fully on board to get one as that's all you need. But :canada: can't get poo poo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Vintersorg posted:

It'd be cool if Nintendo was actually able to get Switch's out. After showing Kirby and Yoshi my girlfriend is fully on board to get one as that's all you need. But :canada: can't get poo poo.

I haven't seen a Switch on shelves in America either. I'll get one eventually, probably closer to Mario Odyssey's release, but finding one might be a bigger problem than I thought.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vintersorg posted:

This is normal, you weren't able to buy a 3DS even if you wanted to for about half of the last year, and that's a very mature 5 year old system.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/12/19/14006908/where-to-buy-a-nintendo-3ds
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/2/7/14526666/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-stock-issues-sold-out-switch-third-party-grey-market

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

so i played the super mario odyssey for 10 minutes. if you play you get a pin (that says super mario odyssey) and a visor that looks like cappy. sorry if this has been repeated.

everything at e3 is jam packed with lines. my friend who has attended tons of e3s says this one is way too full. i think opening it to the public like this just makes it suck for everyone. the mario game was always 6 deep so it took me almost an hour to get to play the game.

as far as the game goes, it seems okay. just not really much time to fully explore. the joycons by themselves are too small and cramped for me. the thing i enjoyed most was being a huge rear end in a top hat to everyone by jumping on top of them mayor pauline.

Ugh, I can't imagine. It's already been getting bad as of 7 or so years ago, I can't imagine what it's like now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vintersorg posted:

You could always try looking for an online store in the EU or Australia willing to sell them. We've had plenty on our shelves for months now :v:.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

mutata posted:

Ugh, I can't imagine. It's already been getting bad as of 7 or so years ago, I can't imagine what it's like now.

playing dbz and marvel v capcom lines went by much faster. about 15-25 min wait. most of the staff were enforcing 1 match.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So, where does one go nowadays to see all the game trailers/gameplay that are being released during the week of E3? Long ago it used to be gametrailers but now I imagine it is some youtube channel I should go to, but I don't know any that have real comprehensive coverage.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Broose posted:

So, where does one go nowadays to see all the game trailers/gameplay that are being released during the week of E3? Long ago it used to be gametrailers but now I imagine it is some youtube channel I should go to, but I don't know any that have real comprehensive coverage.

GameTrailers

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Broose posted:

Companies have cottoned on to the fact that they can just post these things themselves, so the answer is the youtube channel for the console you're interested in.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Destiny 2 only runs at 30 FPS on the XBOxXx the most powerful thing ever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Pokken Tournament any good

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OOooh, 2DS XL out next month - this looks exactly like something I need. $199 CAD so not too bad.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vintersorg posted:

OOooh, 2DS XL out next month - this looks exactly like something I need. $199 CAD so not too bad.
Yeah, it had been announced previously but a lot of people don't seem aware of it and it looks really nice if you don't already own a 3DS. Would absolutely recommend to everyone - system's winding down so the library is enormous.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's very good, yes. The single player content was lacking but it's a fighting gamenot made by NRS so that's not shocking. The net code was super smooth and the game is a lot of fun. Plus there's a good chance this version won't be left to die in the crib like theWii U version was

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, it had been announced previously but a lot of people don't seem aware of it and it looks really nice if you don't already own a 3DS. Would absolutely recommend to everyone - system's winding down so the library is enormous.

If the system is winding down why did the announce Metroid 2 for it and not the Switch :argh:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tangential big reveal today was that the new update to the hardware will likely allow for Bluetooth audio. We'll see

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

If the system is winding down why did the announce Metroid 2 for it and not the Switch :argh:
because the switch is getting an actual brand new Metroid Prime

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

because the switch is getting an actual brand new Metroid Prime

But I want both on the Switch because I'm greedy :argh:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lol if you're not gonna end up holding onto your 3ds for years to come

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm pretty happy that the 3DS is getting a nice send-off, compared to how the Wii and Wii U were just completely abandoned in their final year

I hope that companies also take Atlus' example and keep 3DS afloat even longer with DS remasters

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Brother Entropy posted:

I'm gonna hold my 3DS with me to my grave

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The metroid 2 remake (re-imagining?) supports 3d and it's dope. You can download the trailer on the eshop to see what it looks like

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ventana posted:

I'm gonna hold my 3DS with me to my grave

some post-apocalyptic graverobber's gonna be pumped when they take it from your skeleton

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I wouldn't say the 3DS is winding down, there's a bunch of games coming out soon that I want to play and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw more in 2018. They sold a lot of 3DSs last year and there's a still a lot they can do on it that wouldn't really work on the Switch.

I mean gently caress, they're coming out with a new model soon lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

until GOTY 2014 Rusty's Real Deal gets a Switch sequel, I'm never getting rid of my 3DS.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm building an enormous pyramid and putting all my games and amiibo in it so I can take them with me when I die

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel bad that Ever Oasis is kind of being sent off to die, they haven't talked about it at all at E3 and it comes out in just a couple of weeks

they should at least put out a demo or something to get people hyphy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

The metroid 2 remake (re-imagining?) supports 3d and it's dope. You can download the trailer on the eshop to see what it looks like

Confirmed dope

• Locked thread