Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fireworks are happening right now somewhere in my neighbourhood, spooking my dog.

Ban all fireworks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Pretty regularly there are fireworks or "fireworks" (that sound suspiciously not like fireworks) around here, sometimes several nights in a row. It's irritating as gently caress. It's pretty sad that the people who grew up in this town / city are universally terrible and the only people people with redeeming qualities are from elsewhere (even if only twenty minutes away).

I still don't know what happened to the two Yorkies who lived behind my house. They were really yappy (blaming the humans for this) but really friendly and cute. :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBJl1vdooWc

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Happy Birthday Linus! You're 5 today!

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill

Thwomp posted:

Happy Birthday Linus! You're 5 today!

Happy birthday buddy!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:toot:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Happy birthday, Linus! :buddy:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Happy birthday, Linus! :buddy:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Linus looks like a happy doggo :) You're doing a good job being his person!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty is sick. Didn't eat all his breakfast and threw up twice.

:smith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Get better soon, sick pupper. :ohdear:

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill
I gave daisy a bath yesterday and when I took her out of the tub so she could dry off, she crapped on the floor while staring at me. She really doesn't like baths.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Naked Bear posted:

Get better soon, sick pupper. :ohdear:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think he's fine now. It just shocked me because this is the first time since I got him in 2014 that he didn't eat his entire meal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank scared the poo poo out of me last night. I gave him a chew and it cracked into a bunch of pieces and he started hacking like he was choking. We went outside where he ate grass and had some water from a bottle, he cleared it eventually, but had me worried.

Chilling at the park this morning.

Dog park pig.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Garrand posted:

I'm terrible at this poo poo but I gave it a shot.

I'm late to the party, but I laughed at this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

🤔🤔🤔

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Please don't dox me.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

:same:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I prefer those dogs that are p shy until you let them sniff your hand, then you give them a scratch at the base of the tail that makes their legs pump.

Then they never leave you alone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I wish people would stop bringing treats to the dog park because pup zones in and just jumps at the thigh. It's like what the gently caress? One guy even gave him a treat so of course he wouldn't leave him alone.

Pretty dick move. I didn't care but I know feeding others dogs is a big deal to others (understandably so)

That said if you're one of those people that rarely give treats and never ever give table scraps under any circumstance then, well, you suck. Like ya lemme just eat this steak next to this dog who has a nose 100x stronger than mine

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This is a feel good story about good dogges. I want to pet Pickens so bad.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20170612/therapy-dogs-comfort-patients-at-va-medical-center

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo. That guy on YouTube who does Demolition Ranch also has another channel called Vet Ranch. :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1287Em03M

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That said if you're one of those people that rarely give treats and never ever give table scraps under any circumstance then, well, you suck. Like ya lemme just eat this steak next to this dog who has a nose 100x stronger than mine
The trick is to never give scraps *while* you're eating. Then your dogge magically appears out of thin air as you stand up from your meal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

evil_bunnY posted:

The trick is to never give scraps *while* you're eating. Then your dogge magically appears out of thin air as you stand up from your meal.

This is the truth. Our dog gets fed right after us, so the moment we get up, she gets up and goes into excited spin mode.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I free-feed, no scheduled time or anything, works great

He's a primadonna so the food bowl is pretty much his pleb supply if he really must dabble with such lower class tastes

What I was saying is I hate that dude that eats a fat double cheeseburger slowly in front of his dog, getting all sorts of messy, then explaining "OH NO HE DOESNT GET TABLE FOOD THATS BAD AND MAKES BAD HABITS AND IM A RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNER HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT HES MISSING ITS TOTALLY FINE" 🙄 bruh the in n out two exits down makes me salivate from home nearly 24/7. But hey if you're that person then that's just your style and that's your right. An in-law or random person is gonna come along and ruin all that training in about five under the table slips. Yes, that is my dog that jumped on the Thanksgiving table while we were in the kitchen 🤷🏽‍♀️ at least they get to experience life a little!

But yeah saw a chick give a guy's dog a treat. He was pretty pissed. He didn't make a huge scene but stormed out shaking his head. But I definitely agree that's inappropriate. I probably wouldn't have said anything, but maybe best to remind

Content: a good dog that has a bus pass and goes to the park daily. More good stuff in comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/6h4alm/so_this_is_eclipse_every_day_she_leaves_her_house/?st=J3XAGA1Z&sh=32a8b339

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 14, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Treats are training aids and anywhere dogs can be loose and free can also be a training spot. But people should ask first before giving another's dog treats. I've been called out for it, deservedly.

I usually carry little 3 calorie treats, so when I whistle my recall tune for Frank, I can reward him for returning. I try to only use one recall whistle (austin powers tune) for treats, any other whistle or call, he doesn't get one. For a while there I also used them to work with him being nice to people. Now he goes up to almost everyone for pets, and comes back all smiles. We still have some work to do with young kids, but he's mostly friendly with them. loving hates four year olds though. It's like peak little-poo poo age to Frank.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Always ask permission to give a strange dog a treat. Dogs have allergies ya know.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. The one that got me was one I thought I talked to the owner on, but turned out to be a doppelganger of their dog. That part of the dog park is also really busy, but I should've known better. There's a few regulars I see that don't mind treating, but I only snag a handful and don't want to feed the whole park, so they're almost exclusively for Frank.

If we get caught in conversation with a cute chick, then I'll ask to treat. Happens more often that I expected.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Should get royalties

Can't be bothered, or too tired from park. Either way, gotta get the chewy stick.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Crossposting to show some dogges from work.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

First of the year

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/iODbBn5.mp4

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-officers-quick-to-pull-dog-from-lake-michigan-after-car-crash-20170613-story.html (autoplay video within)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Good human :patriot:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

PenisMonkey posted:

Crossposting to show some dogges from work.

Is that your M3? :swoon:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yes but not my dogges.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

PenisMonkey posted:

Yes but not my dogges.

Sweet. I've always wanted an M3. There was a time when I could have had one, when I was a young noble. Alas I gave up that life and took a vow of poverty by ETSing and going to law school.

The Army owned my body. Sallie Mae owns my soul.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd rather have the dogges than the car tbh.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I'd rather have both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
See, both!