Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Rad Valtar posted:

Destiny 2 only runs at 30 FPS on the XBOxXx the most powerful thing ever.

Playstation is the main platform for Destiny so this was absolutely done to gently caress with MS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

Playstation is the main platform for Destiny so this was absolutely done to gently caress with MS.

nah even crackdown 3 is 30 fps on the one x, this doesn't have to be malicious on bungie's part

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Oh, the new Pokken 3v3 battle feature is actually neat. You choose 3 different fighters at the start and battle by elimination in traditional Pokemon style. It sounded like some weird slow co-op thing before, but this is way cooler. Like a Pokken-KoF thing.

Quest For Glory II posted:

i feel bad that Ever Oasis is kind of being sent off to die, they haven't talked about it at all at E3 and it comes out in just a couple of weeks

they should at least put out a demo or something to get people hyphy

Idk, maybe they'll show some of it off in the Treehouse today or tomorrow?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ventana posted:

I'm gonna hold my 3DS with me to my grave

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

spudsbuckley posted:

The huge GPU boost isn't going to really allow them to double the framerate. Even the better CPU in the X is still pretty weak, as it was in the Pro and the base versions of the two consoles. It's just not the gen for good CPUs, sadly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
any streams to watch beside nintendo's

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Ometeotl posted:

The huge GPU boost isn't going to really allow them to double the framerate. Even the better CPU in the X is still pretty weak, as it was in the Pro and the base versions of the two consoles. It's just not the gen for good CPUs, sadly.

It's a CPU that was originally designed for laptops and was outdated way back in 2013. It's largely considered abysmal compared to the AMD bulldozer architecture of the day which in itself was considered abysmal as well all around. A clock boost for pro/x isn't going to cut the mustard at all. I think a lot of people just don't get how hilariously crap the console CPUs are. It's amazing what the developers have squeezed out of it.
On the plus side, it does mean that there's still enormous headroom for monster PS5/Xbox Two consoles that would easily trounce the existing consoles. All they need is a Ryzen-based chip which AMD has said they are capable of mass producing for console hardware.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Brother Entropy posted:

lol if you're not gonna end up holding onto your 3ds for years to come

I still have my old grey GB, and SNES. Well, more yellow now but

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This but it keeps going and lists every console since 1991

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i feel bad that Ever Oasis is kind of being sent off to die, they haven't talked about it at all at E3 and it comes out in just a couple of weeks

all that is touched by mana is doomed to die a quiet death

also the plot of a few of them

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's a CPU that was originally designed for laptops and was outdated way back in 2013. It's largely considered abysmal compared to the AMD bulldozer architecture of the day which in itself was considered abysmal as well all around. A clock boost for pro/x isn't going to cut the mustard at all. I think a lot of people just don't get how hilariously crap the console CPUs are. It's amazing what the developers have squeezed out of it.
On the plus side, it does mean that there's still enormous headroom for monster PS5/Xbox Two consoles that would easily trounce the existing consoles. All they need is a Ryzen-based chip which AMD has said they are capable of mass producing for console hardware.

Yeah I feel MS would have better served just bumping the GPU up to the Pro (or a bit higher if they wanted to use it as a selling point) and bringing the CPU up significantly.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hot take on Samus Returns that has been pissing off the Internet whenever I whisper it:
AM2R is the better Metroid 2 remake and Samus Returns looks like a Playstation 1 game. Also melee countering and 360 degree aiming means most combat consists of standing still and being a turret instead of running and gunning.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DaveKap posted:

Hot take on Samus Returns that has been pissing off the Internet whenever I whisper it:
AM2R is the better Metroid 2 remake and Samus Returns looks like a Playstation 1 game. Also melee countering and 360 degree aiming means most combat consists of standing still and being a turret instead of running and gunning.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DaveKap posted:

that's not really a hot take that's a NeoGAF take

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

that's not really a hot take that's a NeoGAF take
:drat:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

If the system is winding down why did the announce Metroid 2 for it and not the Switch :argh:

They must've started working on Metroid and Mario well before the Switch launch. I kinda assume that they were in case the Switch flopped, they would still be supporting the 3DS.

I really doubt there's gonna be any big 3DS announcements next year

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It looked promising and I really want to see more gameplay from it because I want a new cool action RPG thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DaveKap posted:

Weak, 1/10

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DaveKap posted:

lol at calling it a ps1 game, that's what all 3ds games look like.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Were Metroid games really about running and gunning, though? My memories of Super Metroid mostly consist of finding a safe place to plant my feet and then filling the monsters with daylight until they attacked.

If I was running and killing enemies simultaneously then I either had the Plasma Beam or was running right through the fuckers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dev vs Pokken Grand Final winner on Treehouse atm

Dev is kicking butt

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

an actual dog posted:

lol at calling it a ps1 game, that's what all 3ds games look like.

PS1 might be the best console of all time so it's a very bad insult on that front too

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Suzaki is kicking rear end

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a handheld PS2

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo nowadays won't even think about making a game not named Kirby unless it does something different, hence why we're never getting another F-Zero. The things they added in the new Metroid look good and I don't mind the forgotten stepchild of the franchise getting a severe facelift, especially when we already had 3 fantastic games in Super/Fusion/Zero Mission and endless copycats.

I actually like the ability to aim anywhere and have a quick melee attack, both things that seem like modern ways to update the franchise from things like "8-way aiming only"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr Suzaki don't give a fuckkkk

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
This actually kinda rules. I hope the second Dev wipes this guy out too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More devs should challenge fighting game tournament winners, it feels like something straight out of a fighting game story mode

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

I was surprised to learn that it comes out later this month and I really hope they give it more air time.
e: probably during the treehouse?? maybe?? :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Mr Hoshino wipes the floor with the Champ

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mr. Hoshino is also kicking rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In-loving-credible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That was hype

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
This was extremely satisfying.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More devs should challenge fighting game tournament winners, it feels like something straight out of a fighting game story mode

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dev just dunking the poo poo outta the champ was great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yoshi time!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yoshi is cute as balls

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:ssh: Most devs aren't as good as experienced Top-level fighting game players. And there are other players out there better than Allister (though he's placed in several tournaments himself, he's solid).

Allister actually could've done a bit better but he panicked a bit near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

She's gonna murder all these innocent shy-guys

• Locked thread