Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
holy ballsack. I jumped onto GTAO this morning to find all my money gone. A modder dropped 20million on me a few days ago, but I already had 600k. Now I have 20,000. Rockstar, what the gently caress man?

By the posts I take it lots of broke people are up in here?

I need to get together with goons today or tomorrow and work some cash, thats for sure.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
The rocket bike with its 20 ruiner middles is the greatest thing I never knew I needed in my life.

The anti air turret with twin 20mm flak upgrade pulled by the APC makes quick work of every resupply mission.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

holy ballsack. I jumped onto GTAO this morning to find all my money gone. A modder dropped 20million on me a few days ago, but I already had 600k. Now I have 20,000. Rockstar, what the gently caress man?

It seems hit and miss who got hit. I got 20m around a week ago, followed by like 200m in another session along with a bunch of friends and none of us seem to have got hit yet. I'm a little bit nervous that these adjustments are a slow roll-out and I'll get hit sooner or later.

Seems kinda lovely to roll back modder granted money while they're still (presumably) unable to stop modders from teleporting and blowing you up.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Powershift posted:

Also.

ROCKSTART THEIF MY MONEYS

Damnit, that's at least $10m gone :argh:

Sucks for you, but I'd be happy if this is how Rockstar handles money and RP fuckery from now on. Keep a database of your levels and money, find weird poo poo going on and then just adjust it without banning anybody. Hackers still gonna hack, nobody gets time out, everybody be cool.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

It seems hit and miss who got hit. I got 20m around a week ago, followed by like 200m in another session along with a bunch of friends and none of us seem to have got hit yet. I'm a little bit nervous that these adjustments are a slow roll-out and I'll get hit sooner or later.

Seems kinda lovely to roll back modder granted money while they're still (presumably) unable to stop modders from teleporting and blowing you up.

I've been cruising reddit and rank 300 people with 500m have been left almost compltely untouched. I browsed the Rockstar support and they are just blanket telling people

quote:

Your shared bank account in GTA Online was adjusted to remove illegitimately gained in-game money. For more information please see this support article.

Zero fucks given that they wiped out a ton of legitimate money. On the plus side they didn't take anything you bought with your illgotten money so if you have a ceo with all the stuff upgraded you can kind of bounce back.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Aardmania posted:

I didn't see the patch notes for this update posted, but there are a few interesting notes this round:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008752188

Aardmania posted:

I didn't see the patch notes for this update posted, but there are a few interesting notes this round:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008752188

If they legit fixed the cargobob dropping cars randomly, then this update is amazing even if they didn't add all the new poo poo. Woooonderful.

My life partner Pootbarn made a valid point that this update is totally gonna make this about the haves and the have nots. It's incredible to already see the damage people are doing to each other and I haven't even seen the APC or other gun cars roaming yet. It is truly heaven.

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 14, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

Zero fucks given that they wiped out a ton of legitimate money. On the plus side they didn't take anything you bought with your illgotten money so if you have a ceo with all the stuff upgraded you can kind of bounce back.

Wonder if any shark card money got hit. I always figured they'd never do money rollbacks since risking hitting money someone paid real dollars for is about the worst thing they could do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some Zero posted:

The rocket bike with its 20 ruiner middles is the greatest thing I never knew I needed in my life.

The anti air turret with twin 20mm flak upgrade pulled by the APC makes quick work of every resupply mission.

I drove around for like half an hour yesterday with a gun in on the big half track cannon and a guy on the trailer cannon just creating mad chaos and it was fantastic.

Apparently this is called "fun". It's pronounced like phở and it's a pretty cool thing to find in gta online.

Also, i kinda wish they whould just take all my bad money so i know they're going to do it and i can start offloading X80 bonds.

Also, it seems if you let your gunrunning supplies hit zero, supply missions don't refill them.

NuckmasterJ posted:

I need to get together with goons today or tomorrow and work some cash, thats for sure.

Anecdotal, but it seems a lot of the people who got hit talked about receiving money in chat, either asking for it, thanking someone for it, or saying how much they got dropped on them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pro tip: When buying a MOC for the first time I only bought the weapons workshop and the vehicle storage thinking that would let me mod the weaponized tampa, but I was wrong and had to rebuy the vehicle workshop bay. Unfortunately I didnt realize at the time if your tampa is already parked inside it wont transfer to the new one, and it doesn't go back in your garage. :rip: two million.

That thing with the dual cannons on top is awesome though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Heavy Sniper with explosive ammo is a scoped, hitscan RPG. Apart from its low ammo capacity, it's probably better than the railgun. Between that and the rocket-launching rocket bike it's clear that R* wants people to fail badly at any CEO/MC/IE work attempted in a real public session.

The halftrack's "anti-aircraft" cannons are actually better at shredding ground vehicles than planes, since they can't aim up very steeply. Funnily enough, during WWII the US Army discovered exactly the same thing when it put quad .50 batteries on halftracks.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

marshmallow creep posted:

Random, it seems.

And fuuuuck that. I'm on my 5th straight camo.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Powershift posted:

Anecdotal, but it seems a lot of the people who got hit talked about receiving money in chat, either asking for it, thanking someone for it, or saying how much they got dropped on them.

I did post "hackerbux for everyone yay" and similar, but not during the actual session where they dropped. Nevertheless I've seen all my ill-gotten gains drained away, $70m down the pan.

Thankfully I laundered some of the cash into X80 bonds so have already converted some of those back into a bunker and MOC. I was quite put out by the lack of giant flames down the side of my trailer but apparently liveries are one of the research unlocks? If there isn't one of giant flames / Princess Bubblegum / some sort of dreadful "barbarian" artwork I'm going to be very upset.

Next up will be the rocketcycle - I think that's 3 X80s of cash to buy and max out though?? :homebrew:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There had god drat well better be a good Optimus Prime livery for the MOC

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just wanna put it out there that the more expensive choice of truck for the MOC, when fully upgraded, basically handles like a slightly slower, 15-tonne Kuruma if you detach the trailer.

:bandwagon:

Also, there's a grenade hand tattoo for those who want to rep.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

FuturePastNow posted:

it's clear that R* wants people to fail badly at any CEO/MC/IE work attempted in a real public session.

This has always been the case, in a way it's kind of refreshing for them to just go balls-out with it. Lol I'm rockstar I see you've invested 3 billion dollars in the last 3 updates, enjoy never making your money back and also we've adjusted all your bank accounts to 60k fuckin owned

PS: hi it's your pal rockstar again, just think of all the time you'll save grinding if you'd only spend a thousand irl dollars on shark card this is an excellent value for you even though this update didn't even allow you to kiss a man on the mouth yet

titties fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 14, 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well the jokes on them, I guess, I can firewall myself off and run an efficient rotation of car sale -> car source -> other activity -> repeat.

And when I get bored I unblock the ports and snipe people from the construction site, and now I'll be able to nuke their Kurumas from across the map. fuckin double owned

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FuturePastNow posted:

Well the jokes on them, I guess, I can firewall myself off and run an efficient rotation of car sale -> car source -> other activity -> repeat.

And when I get bored I unblock the ports and snipe people from the construction site, and now I'll be able to nuke their Kurumas from across the map. fuckin double owned

ibf rockstar bans you for "network manipulation" lawl

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I've lost progress on unlocking the gunrunning special missions after switching sessions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

You sure showed them by playing an online game alone until you get bored.

take that you jerks, right?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BitBasher posted:

And fuuuuck that. I'm on my 5th straight camo.

gun dressup is a lot more important than you seem to be giving it credit for :colbert:

but yeah I want the Tampa miniguns or something to show up soon. I have the rear-firing mortars, at least.

titties posted:

This has always been the case, in a way it's kind of refreshing for them to just go balls-out with it. Lol I'm rockstar I see you've invested 3 billion dollars in the last 3 updates, enjoy never making your money back and also we've adjusted all your bank accounts to 60k fuckin owned

and just remember, the latest take-two interview or whatever said they thought giving things away for free isn't sustainable, so look forward to this level of gently caress you combined with a $10 buy-in per DLC on top of shark cards :laugh:

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Goofballs- we tried to come hang out with you in Discord but someone named "Zigmidget" (rather tasteless if you ask me) seems intent on usurping your Diaper Crown. Maybe another time?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

gun dressup is a lot more important than you seem to be giving it credit for :colbert:

but yeah I want the Tampa miniguns or something to show up soon. I have the rear-firing mortars, at least.

and just remember, the latest take-two interview or whatever said they thought giving things away for free isn't sustainable, so look forward to this level of gently caress you combined with a $10 buy-in per DLC on top of shark cards :laugh:

I would rather have a modder hit me up with more cash and get banned then buy shark cards. This doesn't seem like a very sustainable business model.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psion posted:

Next game is prob gonna be a 2 currency system with diferent prices. The latest car will be $1m gamecash or 25 sharkbucks, and some stuff will only be purchasable with sharkbucks

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Powershift posted:

Next game is prob gonna be a 2 currency system with diferent prices. The latest car will be $1m gamecash or 25 sharkbucks, and some stuff will only be purchasable with sharkbucks

I'm sure hackers will be totally unable to find away around this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Your sharkbucks not matching your purchase history is a lot more damning than your game money not matching your purchase history.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

If Rockstar aren't dumb, it's not that hard to make currency you can't cheat. There's a cavalcade of mmos and f2p with currency that can't be cheated. I'm pretty sure all the money modding is just abusing stuff that exists in-game: dropping cash, CEO rewards - if transactions required some server authentication or w/e it'd be pretty easy to stop that from happening.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
GTA is a hugely popular franchise that's sold a disgusting number of copies, of course there's going to be a lot of people looking to cheat, that's expected. And it's 100000x easier to implement a feature you planned to have from the start compared to trying to wedge it in after the fact, especially something foundational like money in GTA - i mean think about it, money underpins letting you do almost anything.

It really comes down to what priorities they set for Online 2. I have to assume someone at Rockstar has put this on a list of high-priority items for that, because it impacts their bottom line. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

looks like the gun business tops out around $750k.

first 2 sales missions it offered me.

1. 4 buggies with 5 drops each in 15 mins.
2. 2 ramp trucky-trailers down to the docks in 15 mins.

hosed right off from the first one you have to be in the passenger seat to use the gun so it's dumb as poo poo to have 4 vehicles. second one took 5 minutes with 2 people so you could conceivably do it solo.

They seem really pushy about wanting 4 people in every crew except for the paying the other 3 people enough to make it worthwhile.

Now to shut down the gunrunning business because it's more work than it's worth and never go into my bunker again.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

You sure showed them by playing an online game alone until you get bored.

take that you jerks, right?

There are many posts in this thread about lagging out public sessions to do business stuff solo.

And I have a bunch of friends I join for the freemode griefing, thanks.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Powershift posted:

They seem really pushy about wanting 4 people in every crew

Or just sell before you hit 25% product so it only gives you one vehicle to deliver/defend. It doesn't seem like there's any bonus for selling in bulk

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Icedude posted:

Or just sell before you hit 25% product so it only gives you one vehicle to deliver/defend. It doesn't seem like there's any bonus for selling in bulk

But...numbers...bigger...

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

How long does it take to finish a research project?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Can you still do the I/E car thing where you get X number of low/medium level cars and then when you request a car to retrieve, it's always a high end?

Because god drat the payouts on this gun business are a bummer :(

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you still do the I/E car thing where you get X number of low/medium level cars and then when you request a car to retrieve, it's always a high end?

Because god drat the payouts on this gun business are a bummer :(

Working for me so far.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I just logged in to "You have been awarded $250,000"

I think they're just playing monopoly to decide what to do with people's balances at this point. Bank error in my favor.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cheap Shot posted:

I think they're just playing monopoly to decide what to do with people's balances at this point. Bank error in my favor.

Everyone got that a while back. How long has it been since you played?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

SplitSoul posted:

Everyone got that a while back. How long has it been since you played?

I already got that a few days ago when I logged in. This is the second time this week.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I got "awarded" $500k the day before the update (which reset my bank balance to $12)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I wish I had the money for any of this. Even with grinding I'm exhausted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Cheap Shot posted:

Weird i got a 100k.

• Locked thread