Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So, yes. Onigashima is coming back this maintenance, along with RAIKOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Oni event rerun is next.

Reminder:
Sumo CE is one of the best CE in game.

The free kinoki rider is one of the best rider in game due to most riders are aoe np. He can stargen and charge like crazy.

Eulaye's np can do like 12.5x damage to the oni versus Orian's 6x damage for np1 vs np5.

NP 2 Orian might beat Eulaye though

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 12, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Does choosing to be a male or female master affect the servant dialogues/interactions in any way?

(I don't really like Gudao's dumb beta looking face)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yes, but not by a lot and kinda rare.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i distrust and dislike anyone who uses gudao instead of gudako

edit: also the biggest dialogue change i can think of is in shibuya, where (minor spoilers for a mostly gag scene) the protag crossdresses no matter their gender and jeanne and saber have different reactions to seeing gudako in a suit vs gudao in a dress.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
harsh judgments itt

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'd be a lot more sympathetic toward Gudao if, you know, he was as good as Gudako.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I'd be a lot more sympathetic toward Gudao if, you know, he was a female.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'd be more sympathetic to either of them if they had the personality from the tutorial comics.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Sylphid posted:

I'd be a lot more sympathetic toward Gudao if, you know, he was as good as Gudako.

He's literally the exact same as Gudako, just male. The only reason y'all like Gudako more is either: A) because she's a girl, B) because of Riyo's comics, or C) both.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They are also gender flip of Rin and Shirou.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

serefin99 posted:

B) because of Riyo's comics

Gudao will be inferior until he starts lamenting his lack of 5*s. That Twitter comic of him trying to sleep against Kintoki's manboobs was good, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

serefin99 posted:

He's literally the exact same as Gudako, just male. The only reason y'all like Gudako more is either: A) because she's a girl, B) because of Riyo's comics, or C) both.
#misandry...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

#misandry...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gudao is better because he's a bigger sexual deviant

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
They can at least give Gudako a VA :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6h4nyf/chaldea_ace_creators_interview/

translation of a massive interview with nasu and the others. lots of neat stuff in here, like nasu wishing that romulus had been a 4 star.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If one of the new servants at release deserved to be 4, it's that dude.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Maximize that Roma

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I did two 10-rolls hoping to get one of the 4* or 5* CEs for the event, but instead I got Raikou!

edit: I had just recently spent most of my Berserker skill gems on my Lancelot and Ibaraki Douji because I had assumed I wouldn't be getting a 5* Berserker any time soon!

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823670

Thread's up

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

now we can get back to discussing the important things

like how kohaku is the best

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tsukihime Kohaku is only alright, but Melty Blood Kohaku truly is the best

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

raikou, void shiki, and ishtar got new lines in the patch, which means they had their VAs in to record stuff. Considering that they probably wouldn't bother with that just for a few new lines, and we know summer raikou's happening, odds are pretty good that

A) summer jeanne/shiki and summer ishtar

B) ereshkigal and another jeanne variant

C) the new girls in nightless castle are voiced by maaya sakamoto and ueda kana

pick one of the above

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm confused, just how much damage can with some buffs, Rider Kintoki can do? Usually I am multitasking but when I glance I see his NP did 500k; but it actually took out something like 2 million. Does it hit multiple times?

What sort of teams are people running? I think there should be no problem for me to do the 3 BP, get the damage out of the way quick and then grind the nodes to get the mats.

Right now I don't see much reason to LB more than one Golden Sumo so I guess I'll be kind and put a level 1 non LB golden sumo for most of my support Servants as they become available, thoughts?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his np hits 4 times, yeah

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

his np hits 4 times, yeah

Jesus, I went from being barely able to kill the 2 BP to effortlessly killing the 3 BP when i switched to Kintoki from Okita.

Also, sweet, the party wide CE drops in the damage rewards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Rider kinoki is really op. He beat jalter if he have event boost, and i did three million with his np last event.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Man, LB'd Sumo Okita (backed up by 5 Hot Springs CEs) absolutely murders Raikou. I was lucky enough to find , and this fellow added me as a friend, someone who has a level 100 Okita, with 10 / 6 / 10 skills, and her NP alone with her first skill can take off nearly half of Raikou's 6 million HP in one strike. A Quick Brave Chain can drop her to nearly half health. Then after my Sakata / Mashu eventually goes down, Fuuma, Astolfo, and Medusa can stall Raikou long enough (i.e. protect Okita) to easily take off the last bit of HP after I've got done with her crystal buddies.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 18, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I have LB Hot Springs from last year, I get enough to LB a second, and then got *two more* but not LB'd and then bring in Friend Merlin with another LB Hot Springs.

Kintoki Rider with level 1 skills (lack gems) does something like 2.5 million damage and consistently does about 1.5 to 2 million without heavy buffs.

I don't even need the green beans and just used my last one I think.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Mashu at level 80, 10/10/10, 930 HP, 760 ATK.

While the latter two are unacceptable and will be raised, no regrets on spending so much on Mashu. That NP gain with taunt active is absolutely ridiculous. Even at level 8, a Burst-Quick-Arts-Extra can take her from 0 to ~110%. I sorely underestimated that skill.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 19, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Mashu is hands down one of the best Servant's of the game and is crucial to any good stall team.

I managed to beat the challenge quest and got the summon ticket. My front line unfortunately died in the process and Shiki saved the day with some planning.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Had to use all my Command Spells to do it. Oh well!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is the easiest challenge quest they've ever done. Though that might be because most people who had already done the original event had like 3 LBed hot springs CEs in their team and a Nobu with a LB'd sumo on her to obliterate Raikou

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I like how there's all this justification in F/SN for why king arthur was a girl and it actually makes sense even if it's kinda dumb but then at some point (Extra? earlier than that?) they just decided genderswapped servants was a thing that happens and stopped caring about why

Extra, and more specifically Nero was the precise point this franchise jumped the shark for me.

Not only is she another gender swapped saber king, she has the same face as Arturia for no reason and on top of it all has a completely ridiculous outfit with a see-through skirt.

I like Extra and all that comes after in it's own way, but it's a different beast to SN and HA.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The only legitimate excuse I can think of for all the gender-swaps is the fact that most well-known historical/mythical figures are men (especially ones somehow related to combat). Though even then I want to say most current FGO servants are women.

I want to see some female->male gender swaps at some point.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There's actually a even 50-50 to 40-60 split for male and female ratio

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Bakanogami posted:

Extra, and more specifically Nero was the precise point this franchise jumped the shark for me.

The funniest thing about Nero is that she and Tamamo had this reversal of expectations thing going on where it seemed like Nero was the main route and Tamamo was a joke route, but in reality it was the other way around. Extra's story only even begins to make thematic sense with Tamamo as the protag, and CCC continues the trend for the most part.

But then Nero turned out to be more popular, and thus we entered a new age of Saberface.
Fate went from like 50% comedy 50% drama to like 80%/20%, and that's fine with me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Not only is she another gender swapped saber king, she has the same face as Arturia for no reason and on top of it all has a completely ridiculous outfit with a see-through skirt.

I like Extra and all that comes after in it's own way, but it's a different beast to SN and HA.
nero's outfit is an amazing design and suits her character and the themes of extra perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't hate Nero, but I got really bored of her shtick in extella and Nero Bride is an awful design and it annoys me it's put out there as much as it is. The only Extra protag I hate is Altera, especially the Titan version.