Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Sorry,they don't ship to Canada. Thanks for the suggestion,though. Edit:Anyone know a distributor who does? If all else fails there's always Ebay. All I could find is this and they don't sell 215s, just 213s.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hero's path mode will show your previous path taken from before installing it, not just from when you install it like I assumed it would.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Frankston posted:

Hero's path mode will show your previous path taken from before installing it, not just from when you install it like I assumed it would.

Yeah, they announced that a while back. Means the game's been tracking that the whole time.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
They also said that Master Mode will have a separate save file that'll coexist with your original save under your current profile. That was really cool of them.

The Champions amiibo tying into the DLC 2 should be a lot of fun.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Assuming they're available. Everywhere I look for the original BotW amiibos they're ridiculously expensive.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ProjektorBoy posted:

They also said that Master Mode will have a separate save file that'll coexist with your original save under your current profile. That was really cool of them.

Yes! I know making a separate profile is pretty trivial but this makes me very happy.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Pretty sure I'm going to be getting this (on Wii-U) tomorrow, but I haven't been folowing much news on the game since last wear to avoid spoilers. Are there any things I should know either in terms of important system things or the one simple trick a single dad found out that made all Lizardofs hate him?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Get a pro controller

Bookmark zeldadungeon.net

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to be getting this (on Wii-U) tomorrow, but I haven't been folowing much news on the game since last wear to avoid spoilers. Are there any things I should know either in terms of important system things or the one simple trick a single dad found out that made all Lizardofs hate him?

You'll be fine

Follow your heart

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ashsaber posted:

Sell gems if you're hard up for cash. They're everywhere and they sell for a ton of money. You might want to hold onto your diamonds, as they are slightly rarer, but otherwise go nuts.

(Gems are used to upgrade some equipment.)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ashsaber posted:

Since several people seem to have missed an important NPC somehow, I'd say that when you get your first objective after completing the tutorial, go do that. It's easy to find if you follow the road. That objective will naturally lead to several others, go follow them too. That should start you off with a nice, healthy list of quests to do and collectibles to find.

Skipping doing that means you'll find collectibles and not know what to do with them, and miss some powers and helpful gear and NPCs.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ashsaber posted:

Play with the minimap off

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Follow the plot until you get the camera, then do whatever feels right.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fix the minimap to north in the settings menu, that loving thing rotating around caused me way more trouble than it should have.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

VolticSurge posted:

Sorry,they don't ship to Canada. Thanks for the suggestion,though. Edit:Anyone know a distributor who does? If all else fails there's always Ebay. All I could find is this and they don't sell 215s, just 213s.

I just get mine off of ebay, yeah. You'll get them cheaper wholesale if you buy from an overseas distributor usually, but that will take weeks, so just look for US shippers.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Fix the minimap to north in the settings menu, that loving thing rotating around caused me way more trouble than it should have.

give me rotating minimap or give me death

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kaubocks posted:

give me rotating minimap or give me death

Zelda never needed a rotating minimap before!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

Step on the flowers

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I assume there's no way to skip the tutorial plateau? Was going to try a playthrough where Link just blundered through Hyrule randomly, never even speaking with the King, accidentally saving everyone, but I guess needing to do the line for the paraglider makes that impossible?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Sell gems if you're hard up for cash. They're everywhere and they sell for a ton of money. You might want to hold onto your diamonds, as they are slightly rarer, but otherwise go nuts.

(Gems are used to upgrade some equipment.)

Selling cooked food is one of the easiest ways to clear some inventory space and make a ton of cash, especially early on when a full restore prime rib doesn't do much better then other cheaper basic recipes when you have 6-7 hearts.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pierson posted:

I assume there's no way to skip the tutorial plateau? Was going to try a playthrough where Link just blundered through Hyrule randomly, never even speaking with the King, accidentally saving everyone, but I guess needing to do the line for the paraglider makes that impossible?

Yeah, no way off the plateau without it.

Except by boulder:

https://twitter.com/Venick409/statu...w-way-to-travel

(but this doesn't actually work as you'll be reset to the plateau)

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jun 15, 2017

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Pierson posted:

I assume there's no way to skip the tutorial plateau?

That's pretty much correct. If you do manage to get off the plateau without having the paraglider, the game will reset you to the ledge outside the Shrine of Resurrection once you get a short distance from the Plateau's base.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

One exception: The land below is very inconsistent with how it resets you. If you get far enough out to certain areas of the map, you're dropped into a maze of deadzones, but you can follow some paths to avoid getting reset back to the plateau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZi-BeDcavs
Guy explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkwa8Y49Gk
Guy jumping right into some scenarios.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is there no way to upgrade the camera to get more storage space? they don't give you a whole lot especially considering the number of monsters and animals that exist..

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You don't need to keep the pictures once they're registered to the compendium. Delete away.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You delete the photos from the camera but they're always saved in the Compendium.

1 photo per entry though. So any extra photos you really like do have to stay in the camera.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sweet. I got a bunch of monster masks from Kilton so now I am going to replace some older pics with monster selfies with my new monster buds

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Earwicker posted:

sweet. I got a bunch of monster masks from Kilton so now I am going to replace some older pics with monster selfies with my new monster buds
:yeah:

The monster masks let you make the best friends :kimchi:

I wish there was a Lynel Mask++ that let you ride a Lynel around and be bros, maybe in DLC 3, fingers crossed.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Better yet, a whole new area and quest line where you befriend Lynels and end up riding one into a climatic boss fight. If you complete it, your bro will help you in the Dark Beast Ganon fight, which now has hordes of enemies spawning in the battle area.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I wish there was a Lynel Mask++ that let you ride a Lynel around and be bros, maybe in DLC 3, fingers crossed.

Either that or the ability to register stalhorses. Or both.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Runcible Cat posted:

Either that or the ability to register stalhorses. Or both.

Also Bears, Deer and Lords of the Mountain.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I read somewhere that the monster bridal and saddle might let you register one of the wildlife mounts that you can't normally register. I have those but I haven't captured any wildlife mounts yet so I dont know

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Earwicker posted:

I read somewhere that the monster bridal and saddle might let you register one of the wildlife mounts that you can't normally register. I have those but I haven't captured any wildlife mounts yet so I dont know

It doesn't. Its just a sweet looking saddle for your regular, non-giant horses.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

Also Bears, Deer and Lords of the Mountain.
Lord of the Mountain not being registerable was the saddest thing :(

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Lord of the Mountain not being registerable was the saddest thing :(

I too wish to enslave a god.
Also goddamn the Sword Trials shown off at E3 look awesome. I even committed the ultimate sin of tampering with my essence to get thirty hearts in preparation.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I too wish to enslave a god.
Also goddamn the Sword Trials shown off at E3 look awesome. I even committed the ultimate sin of tampering with my essence to get thirty hearts in preparation.

Clear eyes, three hearts, can't lose.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Do we know if you can take food in? Or is it straight up like eventide - nothing except your heats and stamina

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MrFlibble posted:

Do we know if you can take food in? Or is it straight up like eventide - nothing except your heats and stamina

You bring nothing in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There is a way to bring both food and weapons to eventide if you want, but that's cheating, tackle the island like a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Also, unlike Eventide, it's a shrine so none of your Champion abilities are brought in either. Urbosa's Fury makes Eventide a joke, unfortunately.

45 rooms of killing and puzzles sounds like the closest thing to a pure dungeon experience we'll get. You know the final room is going to be like 3 gold Lynels at once, right.