Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Junkie Disease posted:

What If i can invade other players online in Mario Odyssey as Luigi and use my own lich hat powers to fight Mario as an invader?

waggle to slowly break free of the hats mind control power before your very existence is erased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ometeotl posted:

This man continues to be given millions of dollars to make narrative driven games.

I think the continued appeal/success of David Cage's oeuvre relies on something different

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's Kotaku's dispatch from the BG&E2 behind closed doors thing. It's incredibly ambitious, no mans sky with some big cities.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

an actual dog posted:

Here's Kotaku's dispatch from the BG&E2 behind closed doors thing. It's incredibly ambitious, no mans sky with some big cities.

quote:

It all sounds incredibly ambitious, especially when you consider that Ancel also wants to treat Beyond Good & Evil 2 as something of an early access title, with a community of players offering feedback and testing early prototypes. The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

Hmm.

What's an appropriate smilie to top this information off with?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

And another: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15801280/beyond-good-evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

quote:

Not long after the reveal, Ancel and his team took me through a very early technical demonstration of the game. Where the original Beyond Good & Evil was a fairly straightforward third-person action adventure, its follow-up is something much larger and more complex. It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

lmao this does not inspire confidence. Seems like all they really have is that trailer.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

an actual dog posted:

Ah christ these never work out

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ancel please....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just make BGE The Movie

That trailer was really dope

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Regy Rusty posted:

Ancel please....

This is Ancel's Mega Man Legends 3, only we won't even be getting our "Does he get off the moon/Does Pey'j survive?" question answered because it's a prequel unless there's like some flash-forward to current day style story and it turns out that the palpitations were just gas.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hmm.

:thunk:

10 years from now we're gonna get another BG&E 2 trailer from a totally different studio.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's going to be really sad when Ubisoft decides to reboot Rayment with their current policies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody talked about the 4chan posts mad about Farcry, but nobody talked about the best 4chan post from E3

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hmm.

:itwaspoo:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Everybody talked about the 4chan posts mad about Farcry, but nobody talked about the best 4chan post from E3

This is the 4chan post of hastiness. Good surprises later in the day will come to you after a personally disappointing reveal but only if you reply "Cheer up Ridley" in the comments.

Use it the next time they reveal a new Smash but the first character reveals aren't the ones you were wishing for.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

apparently Mario Odyssey has multiplayer but they aren't talking about it at E3

I wonder if it's like Mario Galaxy's "collect the star bits" multiplayer or if there will be some sort of drop-in co-op

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I do not have much hope for a good game. Did anyone else get the impression from the devs giving the speech after the trailer reveal that they either have no idea what they are doing or they are mis-guided on what made BG&E fun and good? That odd over-emphasis when she said "diversity." Like yeah the cast is diverse, there are animal people for christ sake why you need to bring it up?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If Mario is running around possessing people idk if I want to know what's going on with Luigi

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Because diversity is a huge talking point in the industry right now?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dear god, they're gonna put minorities in my video games. Is no one safe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

If Mario is running around possessing people idk if I want to know what's going on with Luigi

In Super Mario Odyssey Mario and Luigi come to blows as Luigi tries to capture Mario's new Ghost Hat partner. It's the ultimate battle of brother vs brother!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Broose posted:

I do not have much hope for a good game. Did anyone else get the impression from the devs giving the speech after the trailer reveal that they either have no idea what they are doing or they are mis-guided on what made BG&E fun and good? That odd over-emphasis when she said "diversity." Like yeah the cast is diverse, there are animal people for christ sake why you need to bring it up?
Eh, because virtue signaling is fun. To be honest, I took it more as a "y'know how Fifth Element has a million different aliens? So does this" kind of message.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

an actual dog posted:

I'm so loving sad right now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

an actual dog posted:

Here's Kotaku's dispatch from the BG&E2 behind closed doors thing. It's incredibly ambitious, no mans sky with some big titties.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder what people will find most disappointing about the BG&E2 news? Holding up early access prototyping as a good thing? Randomly generated planets which always turns out to be hot trash for anything? Th-

Broose posted:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Are we gonna get weird about diversity now?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Diversity is good and it's good when game devs mention their games are diverse. Don't @ me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My guess is that Ancel is gambling that he can deliver a game that hits all the buzzwords Ubi's execs want to hear ("Procedural design!" "A Destiny-style shared world experience!") just to get back into this world, with the hope that if it is successful they will let him do the game he really wants to make.

(Spoiler, chief: They are never going to do that. If this is a success, they are going to make you do it again, and again. You work for Ubisoft.)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Diversity is good and it's good when game devs mention their games are diverse. Don't @ me

@Macaluso you are right.

OH SHI

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mutata posted:

@Macaluso you are right.

OH SHI

Wha whaaaa

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Everyone knows that non white character models take up more cpu power, that's just facts. Don't even get me started on the nightmare of a programming a gay character.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

My guess is that Ancel is gambling that he can deliver a game that hits all the buzzwords Ubi's execs want to hear ("Procedural design!" "A Destiny-style shared world experience!") just to get back into this world, with the hope that if it is successful they will let him do the game he really wants to make.

(Spoiler, chief: They are never going to do that. If this is a success, they are going to make you do it again, and again. You work for Ubisoft.)

There isn't actually anything beyond a tech demo for BG&E2 and there is never going to be. Ancel has shown the whole thing as a dead-man's switch if Vivendi pushes through with their hostile take over. If Vivendi takes over Ancel leaves and shrugs to the gaming community "Well guys it's all in Vivendi's hands!" knowing there isn't a shot in hell for them to make this bullshit game, causing massive backlash. If Vivendi backs off, the game remains vaporware for years until the buyout is no longer a threat then is silently killed with a pillow in it's bed and everyone chalks it up to the usual Ubisoft fickleness

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I roll my eyes when big corporations use diversity to sell stuff but it is definitely a good thing, doubly so when compared to the usual selling points of video games.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If corporations are touting diversity in their marketing then I count that as a win since some suits somewhere are going "hey, people want this" and that's a good thing. I'm sure they know if they get it wrong they'll be called on it publicly too, so I'm all for it.

All in all hearing publishers call it out specifically on stage is a net positive thing, is what I'm saying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There isn't actually anything beyond a tech demo for BG&E2 and there is never going to be. Ancel has shown the whole thing as a dead-man's switch if Vivendi pushes through with their hostile take over. If Vivendi takes over Ancel leaves and shrugs to the gaming community "Well guys it's all in Vivendi's hands!" knowing there isn't a shot in hell for them to make this bullshit game, causing massive backlash. If Vivendi backs off, the game remains vaporware for years until the buyout is no longer a threat then is silently killed with a pillow in it's bed and everyone chalks it up to the usual Ubisoft fickleness

Wait, why would Vivendi care about what a dozen nerds think about them cancelling a game?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait, why would Vivendi care about what a dozen nerds think about them cancelling a game?

I don't know how much you know about French culture, but I'm an expert

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Gaming has always been diverse since the NES days. Just look at all the games in the 90s plenty of diversity back before companies used it as a hip buzzword to appease liberal forum dwellers who are dying for an excuse to complain about something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr President posted:

Gaming has always been diverse since the NES days. Just look at all the games in the 90s plenty of diversity back before companies used it as a hip buzzword to appease liberal forum dwellers who are dying for an excuse to complain about something.
:chloe:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

search your feelings. you know it to be true.

Mr President fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 15, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

BG&E2 is all part of Bond villain Michel Ancel's elaborate scheme to short-sell Vivendi stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't give a poo poo why, this year had more hot black chicks with afros than any other E3, and that's a big win for everyone

• Locked thread