Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mr President is a gimmick account who's thing is "failed gimmick account".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr President posted:

search your feelings. you know it to be true.
i've gamed since the colecovision and i have no idea what diversity you're referring to unless your last post was sarcasm in the first place

mutata posted:

Mr President is a gimmick account who's thing is "failed gimmick account".
oh

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

i've gamed since the colecovision and i have no idea what diversity you're referring to unless your last post was sarcasm in the first place

oh

But nah Diversity in games is totally a new thing that just got invented

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

an actual dog posted:

Here's Kotaku's dispatch from the BG&E2 behind closed doors thing. It's incredibly ambitious, no mans sky with some big cities.

Which one of you morons wished on the monkey's paw for Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/bravemule/status/875094417828450305

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Crabtree posted:

Which one of you morons wished on the monkey's paw for Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Oh no, I myself might have wished on the monkey's paw for Metroid Prime 4. :ohdear:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But yeah, I'm gonna need a smash bro like situation where Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi hat fight to be the only puppet master.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mr President posted:

I don't know what the fourth game is, but I don't think the other three really help your point at all

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

I don't know what the fourth game is, but I don't think the other three really help your point at all

Prey. You play as a Native American.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mr President posted:

C'mon man, you gotta cap the post with Birdo. This is like Trolling 101.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

DalaranJ posted:

C'mon man, you gotta cap the post with Birdo. This is like Trolling 101.

wtf. How is that different than the "diversity" of today?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

spasticColon posted:

Oh no, I myself might have wished on the monkey's paw for Metroid Prime 4. :ohdear:

Samus takes off her helmet, revealing someone with a dark complexion.

It is Anthony's sister, the new Bounty Hunter. She has punked the Space Pirates and led them off the real Samuseses trail.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It is Anthony's sister, the new Bounty Hunter. She has punked the Space Pirates and led them off the real Samuseses trail.

But this would own...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This sounds pretty sweet and would actually be a neat throwback to the original Samus 'reveal' twist.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

spasticColon posted:

Do you have any idea what you've done?!
*Metroid theme is faintly heard on other side of locked front of entrance*

Next thing you guys are gonna tell me is you buried F-Zero on some old cursed Native American land in a bid to bring it back to life

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
white people feeling threatened

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

This sounds pretty sweet and would actually be a neat throwback to the original Samus 'reveal' twist.

Metroid Prime 4: The Search for Samus.

In this game scenario Anthony has also become President of Space. That's why the Federation hasn't caught Samus yet after the events of Fusion.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Next thing you guys are gonna tell me is you buried F-Zero on some old cursed Native American land in a bid to bring it back to life

Nothing that crazy. I have been reading this book full of Latin over it's corpse for the past hour or so and I could swear I heard so-

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I did that with Pokemon Snap. Any day now...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mutata posted:

The new Samus should be a guy. That would be a twist. Just a skinny guy with great hips

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

"Has anyone ever buried a dead franchise up there?"

"Christ on his throne, no! Who ever would?"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

an actual dog posted:

Here's Kotaku's dispatch from the BG&E2 behind closed doors thing. It's incredibly ambitious, no mans sky with some big cities.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

And another: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15801280/beyond-good-evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

lmao this does not inspire confidence. Seems like all they really have is that trailer.

Ubisoft HQ needs to get hit with a SCUD missile immediately

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do people look at trainwrecks like No Man's Sky and think "yeah, we can be the ones to do that properly!".

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Internet Kraken posted:

Why do people look at trainwrecks like No Man's Sky and think "yeah, we can be the ones to do that properly!".

To be fair Ubisoft and Rare (and possibly Bethesda?) began working on their NMS ripoffs way before it actually released and the hype around it dissolved. Jokes on them though, now everybody is sore and skeptical about the concept of the game.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Ubisoft is pretty decent at coming across as fairly endearing while still actually sucking rear end

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just make a goddamn solar system. There'd be plenty to explore.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

The Verge posted:

It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation.

:wow:

Sounds great, this game is totally going to be good and not a huge awful disaster.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why are people assuming that there's some big conspiracy about why BG&E2 is the way it is? I think this really is the game they genuinely want to make, and while I think they're loving crazy I'm gonna keep an open mind.

No preorder tho lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There is a very good chance that the original game was also meant to be this crazy vast thing and they chipped it down to the great game we got. I'm willing to let that process repeat itself.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If the game is truly that early in dev, that basically puts them in preproduction which is the "we could do ANYTHING!" phase of game dev and it will naturally coalesce and focus in on what's core and fun.

OR it'll be such a high profile project that was announced too early that too many people will jump on board and then be too afraid and/or egotistical to kill their darlings or experiment and it will release broken and bloated.

One or the other!

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Went to a panel today at the E3 Coliseum where they interviewed Kojima about his love of cinema and what he drew inspiration from. Not much about anything upcoming games, like he said, but it was neat seeing into the head of Kojima a bit. Also was fanboying it up a bit seeing him in person.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
BG&E2 is going to be like No Mans Sky in more way than one, in that we will probably see it at E3 for the next 4 years before it's released.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 15, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mr President posted:

search your feelings. you know it to be true.

The third image here is broken for me and that's punctuating the joke incredibly.

I think freaking out over BG&E2 just because they have some Star Citizen/No Man's Sky stuff going on is the wrong choice of action here. Yes, obviously we should be concerned that something so ambitious yet also so ambiguous will probably never come out or won't meet our expectations. However, the stuff described about what they needed from the engine in order to convey this vast galaxy seemed to match up pretty well with what they were showing behind the closed doors, matches up well with what a proper Fifth Element game should end up being (which I have to assume is what they wanted after doing BG&E1,) and is, funny enough, entirely possible to create with the proper planning, engineering, and artistic nuance. This is going to end up being our new Last Guardian or, more accurately, Star Citizen, assuming they actually let folks from outside into their beta invite program, but it's not impossible. There's no such thing as an impossible game.

That said, where the gently caress is Wild?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 15, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Ubisoft is pretty decent at coming across as fairly endearing while still actually sucking rear end

It's loving weird, right?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i think its just intrinsic Frenchness

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

homeless snail posted:

i think its just intrinsic Frenchness

I guess that explains why they made their logo white during a hostile takeover.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

katkillad2 posted:

BG&E2 is going to be like No Mans Sky in more way than one, in that we will probably see it at E3 for the next 4 years before it's released.
And it's going to disappoint everyone if it finally does come out just like NMS

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

when BG&E2 inevitable bombs with its ambition, diversity will be to blame.

if it somehow is a smashing success. white frenchmen will get all the credit for it.

unless there's some hot alien female protagonist. and maybe if she has dual guns and time travels a bit and has a catchphrase.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

IronDoge posted:

Went to a panel today at the E3 Coliseum where they interviewed Kojima about his love of cinema and what he drew inspiration from. Not much about anything upcoming games, like he said, but it was neat seeing into the head of Kojima a bit. Also was fanboying it up a bit seeing him in person.

if anyone wants to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYcnCNKw-Ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
vivendi will soon take over uvbisoft and kill bge&2 because the world only ever wanted the dream, they didnt want the reality

• Locked thread