Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

drunken officeparty posted:

What episode is cat in the wall

Pharmaskittle posted:

I can't look up the number right now but it's in Mac and Dennis Break Up

YEAH: season 9 episode 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gruesome twosome

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

YEAH: season 9 episode 5

There's no way Mac and Dennis break up is season 9. I think it's one of the first couple episodes of season 4 or 5.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's the other way around, Season 5 Episode 9.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sorry boys, that was originally a typo but then i tried to get weird with it and idk i guess it doent work

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I watched the Christmas special today and had a dumb moment where my suspension of disbelief broke cause I couldn't imagine how Charlie and Mac got out of the mall post Santa bite. But that dumb moment led me to a different question.

How many times do you think the gang have been on the news?

They were legit on the news in Sweet Dee gets Set on Fire, the Gang Exploits a Miracle, and Gun Fever 2. Do they get on the air with Jackie Dinardo? Either way, they are at a riot (and Frank was in LA for the Rodney Kng riots). Surely Santa getting bitten in the mall would make local news. They probably make the news in The Gang Goes Jihad. They possibly chainsaw a notorious serial killer so that feels like that should be half credit assuming someone hears.

Of course if we go beyond tv, they are in the paper in The Worst Bar in Philadelphia.

Any other episodes I'm missing?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The Storm of the Century (kinda)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

alpha_destroy posted:

I watched the Christmas special today and had a dumb moment where my suspension of disbelief broke cause I couldn't imagine how Charlie and Mac got out of the mall post Santa bite. But that dumb moment led me to a different question.

How many times do you think the gang have been on the news?

They were legit on the news in Sweet Dee gets Set on Fire, the Gang Exploits a Miracle, and Gun Fever 2. Do they get on the air with Jackie Dinardo? Either way, they are at a riot (and Frank was in LA for the Rodney Kng riots). Surely Santa getting bitten in the mall would make local news. They probably make the news in The Gang Goes Jihad. They possibly chainsaw a notorious serial killer so that feels like that should be half credit assuming someone hears.

Of course if we go beyond tv, they are in the paper in The Worst Bar in Philadelphia.

Any other episodes I'm missing?

Off the top of my head, I think they do make it on air with Jacki Dinardo briefly. Season 12's Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare has a few of the gang on TV for a significant amount of time.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There was the episode this past season where Wolf Cola became the official soft drink of Boko Haram.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Watching Dee look for the wall cat in the background of other scenes is hilarious. "Yeah Kaitlin, just kind of waddle around the wall area, nobody will notice you anyway. We'll add cat sounds in post."

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just saw the Mick episode with the naked picture. That got dark.
E: Jesus this party episode.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 9, 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

get that OUT of my face posted:

There was the episode this past season where Wolf Cola became the official soft drink of Boko Haram.

I live just south of Boca Raton, so that misunderstanding slayed me.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kaitlin and Mac were on this week's episode of The F Word and it was kind of cute! Gordon Ramsay almost set Sweet Dee on fire.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It's so much more romantic in the middle of nowhere where we can be completely alone, and you can make rash decisions based on fear.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
So the girls ARE in danger?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ChesterJT posted:

So the girls ARE in danger?

You certainly wouldn't be in any danger.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Portugal. The Man, featuring Glenn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-xVSlnWKQ

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

http://www.chardonnayandadderall.com

:staredog:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Seeing as Dennis is both a crack addict and an angerholic, that video seems pretty in character.

The fact that the show never drops Dennis and Dee's addiction is my wife's favorite thing about of the show.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

alpha_destroy posted:

Seeing as Dennis is both a crack addict and an angerholic, that video seems pretty in character.

The fact that the show never drops Dennis and Dee's addiction is my wife's favorite thing about of the show.

I want you to take a look at that chimichanga and I want you to say to yourself "chimichanga you are delicious but what do I really want"?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hughmoris posted:

I want you to take a look at that chimichanga and I want you to say to yourself "chimichanga you are delicious but what do I really want"?

Crack

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

You are going to love it.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

You are going to love it.

It's so good.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Poor Roxy... she was a good whore who-er

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You serviced me real good. Not only my crank, but also my heart. And I'm gonna miss ya :smith:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I realized the other day that in "Mac and Charlie Write a Movie" Season 5 , Episode 11; at the end of the episode when Charlie finally gets the ending of The Sixth Sense he's actually describing the ending to Twelve Monkeys! :aaa:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TheBigAristotle posted:

Poor Roxy... she was a good whore hoo-er

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is the marketing products episode the first time eggs are brought up?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The egg falling from the boiled denim in the background always gets me

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Does Charlie ever leave Philly?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ulio posted:

Does Charlie ever leave Philly?

Yes, he went to New Jersey.

He also flew across the country with the gang.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yes, he went to New Jersey.

He also flew across the country with the gang.

Charlie beating his fears I see. I just got to the episode where Mac and Dennis set up a date for Charlie through online dating sites. That whole restaurant scene was too funny.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
IIRC, Charlie's is said to have never left Phillie in the roadtrip episode, then he leaves Phillie for the first time in the 'stranded in the woods' episode, then Jersey Shore, afterwards California in the Wade Boggs episode and lastly, if you want to count it, he goes to the suburbs in the latest season.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

He goes to the Mcpoyle wedding, he goes to the rich peoples mansion. There's more too. They just kind of dropped it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's also totally within the realm of possibility that Charlie left Philly as a child, but his mother just lied, so Charlie thinks Philly engulfs the tri-state area.

I think its a good example of writing yourself into a corner. Its a funny gag, but after 6-7 years they needed to start going outside the city to do stuff we hadn't seen yet. I know everyone in the cast has a very strong Improv background, and the core tenet of improv is saying yes instead of saying no. Saying "No, I can't leave Philly" isn't as funny or engaging or inviting to the audience as "Yes, where are we headed?"

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 1, 2017

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

emanresu tnuocca posted:

IIRC, Charlie's is said to have never left Phillie in the roadtrip episode, then he leaves Phillie for the first time in the 'stranded in the woods' episode, then Jersey Shore, afterwards California in the Wade Boggs episode and lastly, if you want to count it, he goes to the suburbs in the latest season.

Wasn't he knocked out in the trunk for "stranded in the woods"?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
charlie most likely thinks any city sort of area he's in is Philly. if you knock him out and bring him somewhere, if there are city buildings and you tell him its philly he's all good.

do not bring him anywhere you might see like 10+ trees all at once, that's unnatural and will cause him distress

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

bring back old gbs posted:

do not bring him anywhere you might see like 10+ trees all at once, that's unnatural and will cause him distress

Trees?!? Everywhere trees?!?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually if you live in Yuppie Student housing part of West Philly there are trees and parks GALORE, and also I I'm not mistaken Fairmount park is the largest municipal park in the world? Or maybe it gets beat out by the one in Moscow.

It's heavily implied through where Charlie and Mac's mom's live that they group up in a poor Italian south philly neighborhood, which has no trees and is a loving wasteland unless you like buying trash produce in the street.

Mac, Dee & Frank are probably from like Chestnut Hill, since they are decidedly not from the 'burbs and from Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I think it's safe to say that Charlie and Mac are white trash. I mean, have you seen those jean cutoffs that Charlie wears?