Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bonzo posted:

So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?

would you feel right if a guest did that at a dinner you put on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

would you feel right if a guest did that at a dinner you put on?

But I can eat a hotdog while I wait in the return line

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Enjoying my Costco Italian vacation very much right now. Turns out they book through Trafalgar but at a 10% discount, plus a special phone line with shorter waits.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Remulak posted:

Enjoying my Costco Italian vacation very much right now. Turns out they book through Trafalgar but at a 10% discount, plus a special phone line with shorter waits.

enjoy, eat lots of gelato, kebabs, and pizza. i'ts a good time right now. i did a study abroad in italy about 8 years ago around this time and it owned bones. i'd like to go back with my gf at some point

where does it take you?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Bonzo posted:

So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?

You'll be fine on returns as long as you have your receipt.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if you bought the kirkland brand then they are good with actual quality protein. if you bought any other brand return them right away with no hassle and get the kirkland bars

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Yes. People do this at normal grocery stores all the time as well.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I just get the bulk package of corn dogs and let my many children gnaw on a few frozen ones in the parking lot, and then I return the rest.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bonzo posted:

By all means please do! If they are indeed awful, and Costco gets enough returns of these awful bars, then they can go back to their supplier and tell them the bars are awful and to make better tasting bars! :)

Returning stuff is your way of communicating to a retail store that something they sell sucks. If you don't return it, they will never know!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

By all means please do! If they are indeed awful, and Costco gets enough returns of these awful bars, then they can go back to their supplier and tell them the bars are awful and to make better tasting bars! :)

Returning stuff is your way of communicating to a retail store that something they sell sucks. If you don't return it, they will never know!

yeah, i love me some trader joes but i find myself on the rare occasion returning some really bad duds just as more of a "hey this new thing really sucks btw" moreso than I care about my $2.99-$4.99 back, but they also make it very easy with pleasantly staffed store all the time which helps.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FCKGW posted:

It is true that if a food item is defective (or really does objectively taste like poo poo within its category, with no redeeming value) then returning it is a good way to show your opinion.

But, and this should be obvious but whatever, protein bars are actually not made to be delicious to every single person.

They are, in reality, made to meet nutritional guidelines. There is no such thing as a real, nutritious protein bar that actually tastes good to everyone or even most people. It's just a thing that you eat without much enjoyment because you understand that the nutritional promise of the bar is more important than tasting good in the moment.

Therefore if you return a package of protein bars just because they don't taste good to your palate, you're being a douche. My recommendation would be to sack up, eat the bars and stop being a pussy but that's just me.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
that goes really for any sports supplement

unflavored whey isolate or ur a bitch! 💪

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Had a Kirkland dog for lunch at home, grilled in a pan until each side was nice and brown, and served with plenty of kraut and jalapeno mustard (and no bun).

Since you all love the dogs so much, you can buy them in a pack of 14 for a ridiculous $9.99, to have Costco-style dogs whenever you want them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

sandball posted:

You'll be fine on returns as long as you have your receipt.

You actually don't need a receipt for Costco returns because they keep a record of literally anything you've ever bought in the store on your card's history. Every time I've returned something (all of twice) they just looked it up in my file and started handing me cash.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Had a Kirkland dog for lunch at home, grilled in a pan until each side was nice and brown, and served with plenty of kraut and jalapeno mustard (and no bun).

Since you all love the dogs so much, you can buy them in a pack of 14 for a ridiculous $9.99, to have Costco-style dogs whenever you want them.

i wish costco sold a blancher so you could just let them sit in stagnant hot dog cart water, since that's the real magic to a good dog

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You actually don't need a receipt for Costco returns because they keep a record of literally anything you've ever bought in the store on your card's history. Every time I've returned something (all of twice) they just looked it up in my file and started handing me cash.

I was even able to return a dress shirt I bought in the UK, but returned in the US.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Taima posted:

Therefore if you return a package of protein bars just because they don't taste good to your palate, you're being a douche. My recommendation would be to sack up, eat the bars and stop being a pussy but that's just me.

Or they aren't satisfied with the product and Costco wants them returned and he should because Costco provides.

That people consistently get wrong what Costco is baffles me.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The only time is is wrong to return stuff to Costco is if you thoroughly use the item and just return it past any reasonable expectation of the product being faulty.
Like if you buy jeans, wear them 50 times, and return them a year later. Otherwise if a product sucks, return it. How else will Costco know what is good?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I love Costco

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Peachfart posted:

The only time is is wrong to return stuff to Costco is if you thoroughly use the item and just return it past any reasonable expectation of the product being faulty.
Like if you buy jeans, wear them 50 times, and return them a year later. Otherwise if a product sucks, return it. How else will Costco know what is good?

you bring up some incredible and novel points, fellow human

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I'm hosting a backyard BBQ soon and going to tithe at Costco. What are everyone's​ favorites to feed lots of people? Besides the dogs of course. I need some sides or extras.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Ace haul from Costco yesterday:

I love their econo-packs of chicken thighs and chicken breasts (in the plastic bags at the front of the cart).

Their pre-sliced bufala mozzarella was a steal at only $7.69 for that two-pack!

E: loving mobile imgur app

Xaris posted:

no deli mustard? for shame!

j/k we don't condiment shame here. but no really use deli mustard (which is a stupid name for spicy brown-dijon but w/e)

I hear you, friend. As a connoisseur of NY delis, I'm certainly a fan of that mustard in the right context; on a pastrami sandwich, with a knish and a chocolate egg cream, sure. But I like my dogs dirty-water style with raw onions and yellow mustard (all Costco needs is some Sabrett umbrellas).

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 15, 2017

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Gravitee posted:

I'm hosting a backyard BBQ soon and going to tithe at Costco. What are everyone's​ favorites to feed lots of people? Besides the dogs of course. I need some sides or extras.

Iirc Costco's potato salad is pretty good. They also do veggie trays.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Olanphonia posted:

Iirc Costco's potato salad is pretty good. They also do veggie trays.

ya that potato is full legit

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Peachfart posted:

And yet WalMart will take back diapers with poo poo already in them.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bonzo posted:

And yet WalMart will take back diapers with poo poo already in them.

hmmm, perhaps a model for the entire company?

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

Taima posted:

It is true that if a food item is defective (or really does objectively taste like poo poo within its category, with no redeeming value) then returning it is a good way to show your opinion.

But, and this should be obvious but whatever, protein bars are actually not made to be delicious to every single person.

They are, in reality, made to meet nutritional guidelines. There is no such thing as a real, nutritious protein bar that actually tastes good to everyone or even most people. It's just a thing that you eat without much enjoyment because you understand that the nutritional promise of the bar is more important than tasting good in the moment.

what if you don't have a sack, what then tough-person

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Gravitee posted:

both their greek and tortellini pasta salads are the bomb

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gravitee posted:

Their wrap trays are legit.

Also the Readypack Caesar Salad in the bag they sell is cheaper per lb than their Costco store made Caesar salad tray.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went last night for a few things just before closing. Ive been needing some new shorts for summer and well wouldnta ya know, a great selection of CHEAP rear end shorts. Got a few comfy pairs for my vacation next week.

Thanks Costco!

Heffer
May 1, 2003

IIRC, Costco employees get a shot at returned products at a steep discount, so your returned bars are probably going to a loving Costco home.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do they have decent jeans at the Co?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

the good fax machine posted:

Brother... they have Kirkland jeans

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

FCKGW posted:

BTW if this happens I can be out of a job so please be nice and eat up all of the bars.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Last week I returned protein powder because it didn't taste good.

I also returned numerous medications that didn't taste good.

It's important that medicine, like protein bars, always taste delicious, because that is the primary function of both protein bars and medicine.

How will Costco know what people like if you don't return things ??? Answer that Costc-ailures

Checkmate :smuggo:

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

BTW if this happens I can be out of a job so please be nice and eat up all of the bars.

No gently caress you. Didn't you hear? The protein bar was less delicious than a Snickers so it got returned. What about that don't you get? wow, gotta spoon-feed people these days... pretty pathetic honestly, common sense- turns out it ain't so common anymore !

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the good fax machine posted:

They have Lucky Jeans off and on for 30 bucks a pair. I usually pick up a pair when they have them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
tbf, I remember about 10 years ago we bought these Costco multi-vitamins, and shortly after they really made you feel nauseated and potentially throw up. and they're just loving multi vitamins that you swallow so idk what binder they used but they were awful. we didn't return them mostly out of laziness but probably should have.

i also recently bought costco protein bars (i think they came in cookies n cream and chocolate?) and they were really bad. i still ate them because i don't really give a poo poo, it's PROTEIN :black101: but they were also a bitch to eat especially when cold in the morning before a run or something. i did not return them but i'm not going to buy them again.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't think I've ever had to return something to costco. I don't know if that means I'm lucky or unlucky because I'm unable to provide valuable feedback to the hallowed 'Stco.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Xaris posted:

tbf, I remember about 10 years ago we bought these Costco multi-vitamins, and shortly after they really made you feel nauseated and potentially throw up. and they're just loving multi vitamins that you swallow so idk what binder they used but they were awful. we didn't return them mostly out of laziness but probably should have.

i also recently bought costco protein bars (i think they came in cookies n cream and chocolate?) and they were really bad. i still ate them because i don't really give a poo poo, it's PROTEIN :black101: but they were also a bitch to eat especially when cold in the morning before a run or something. i did not return them but i'm not going to buy them again.

Oh god we make the vitamins too. gently caress

Well, it's been fun, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Xaris posted:

I love the protein bars. The chocolate is better, imo, but the other one isn't bad. One tip - if you microwave it for 10-12 seconds, it becomes a lot easier to eat and is even more delicious, as the little chocolate chips get a bit melted.