Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I don't like them ditching rumble. It was the best place to Learn 2 Play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/7e2zDAE.gifv

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm sure by Year 2 they'll answer your complaints by introducing the Rumble Fighting League, a limited time event where you can enter a Rumble battle against a group of your friends for fun and prizes but once it's over you can only do it in private matches.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hawk moon getting the nerf bat was extremely good because a shooter game shouldn't have poo poo like luck in the chamber in it, hth

hawkmoon was extremely the poo poo when you could get all the lucky shots in one bullet and one shot someone

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

hawkmoon was extremely the poo poo when you could get all the lucky shots in one bullet and one shot someone

It was probably fun as hell in y1 when not every game was a sweatfest and litc isn't making or breaking an encounter each time it goes off or doesn't.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hawk moon getting the nerf bat was extremely good because a shooter game shouldn't have poo poo like luck in the chamber in it, hth

100%

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It was probably fun as hell in y1 when not every game was a sweatfest and litc isn't making or breaking an encounter each time it goes off or doesn't.

Even without litc it was a beast. Hammer forged was twice as potent plus it's base range wasn't dogshit.

The litc was just cream.

But Thorn and Last Word were still better in their own rights... but not by much.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:catstare:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
All Bungo needs to do is set up a small DLC.
I picture maybe a DLC set out to answer all these questions for us. It could be a "Time to Explain DLC". It would contain like maybe 6 story missions. 3 for the Exo and 3 for the Queen.
With the Queen we could be contacted by her brother who created a small outpost on Mars near his crash site. There could be a small number of Awoken and even Fallen who are gearing up to save the Queen. She could be being held by some Taken forces that have yet to learn about Oryx. or maybe just hive. 3 missions to save her, at the end her, her brother, and the rest of the awoken decide to go in hiding since this isnt their war to fight.
With the Stranger I personally love the story about the Ishatr scientists studying the Vex. Something along the lines of 2 lovers became scientists and studied the Vex on venus. One joined hyperion and went off to do research with them while one remained on venus. The one that remained that helped create some machine that would allow us to see every timeline. Similar to how the vex can enter any time line we could at least watch them to see what the vex are doing. The scientist attempts to enter the device but the human mind cant handle it so it kills her. Her lover who was away with hyperion maybe have learned how to actually time travel using hyperion tech. Also learning the human mind cant take time travel she becomes an exo before the warmind takes control of all exos. She enters the machine and becomes the exo stranger. That theory ended with the stranger went time hopping looking for an instance of her lovers existence. They had originally replicated themselves and put their being/consciousness into a TON of vex simulations so they could learn the vex in every time line. The exo stranger goes looking through time for her lover. She finds her, but also learns that her lover had entered the machine to look for HER. The replica of her lover having already found a replica of herself in another timeline realized the only way to keep that relationship safe is to make sure the vex never take control. So the exo stranger sets out on a mission to stop the vex.
She wasnt formed in light because she was just a scientists that made herself an exo then begain time traveling before the warmind took control of the exos. Rasputin claims she is an exo but not one of his. She learned how to time travel through hyperion tech and hates the vex because they prevented her from being with the person she loves.
We could meet up with her, the person shes talking to on comms is Lakshmi from the FWC. They need help with the hyperion tech because it seems the vex have found a way to manipulate it for their own gain. They need our help destroying a Nexus mind that has downloaded the hyperion time travel tech. In these stories we go back in time and meet the Exos lover. We learn their story and why the exo stranger hates the vex. We destroy the Nexus and the hyperion tech as well. The Exo loses her lover to time but prevents the Vex from controlling it. The Exo disappears again saying while her fight is not beside is it is always with us. While we may never see the strings she pulls we can be assured those strings will be there keep things together.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/striker_codex/status/875152910715199488

some kind of nightfall patrol dealio incoming

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The gif.... is Good

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

AAB posted:

https://twitter.com/striker_codex/status/875152910715199488

some kind of nightfall patrol dealio incoming

30 strange coins for your efforts guardian, now wait until next week for your lovely emote box

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Keep that loot slot machine on tilt, A+ would Neph Rift in Destiny

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Considering we're all gonna be dead broke in 8 weeks, I'll take the coins

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Yeah gotta win the week 1 xur lottery this go around

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Definitely not making that mistake again. I'll be buying every loving thing that squid faced gently caress sells.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The microphone rocket launcher look good. Also the mini-sleeper simulant. I guest having a good pistol or ar will be good for pvp. I will probably pass on armor.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there anything better than getting teabagged when you get killed for like the first or 2nd kill of a match and then just going balls fuckin deep on that dude for the rest of the game so bad they leave?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BlindSite posted:

Is there anything better than getting teabagged when you get killed for like the first or 2nd kill of a match and then just going balls fuckin deep on that dude for the rest of the game so bad they leave?

them not leaving and you getting first strike on them in the next match

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

early bone krew had a rule

no wife clowning

no one talks about this

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Used the steel medula for a pvp game and really liked it.

Used it with the range barrel mod and high cal round. Its still pretty stable and has monster range. Reliable 3 burst kill. Big mag. Full auto is nice. Has built in agility perk too. Clean sights. Its a sneaky good gun.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

:holymoley:

Wow.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So after E3 I am beginning to think only 2 subclasses per char. Probably a third added in the first TTK sized expansion.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

texaholic posted:

So after E3 I am beginning to think only 2 subclasses per char. Probably a third added in the first TTK sized expansion.

Aw man, that would be really poo poo.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking at the subclasses from the reveal (5?) and how they were all the vanilla elements, yeah welp

Maybe a year from now the new subclasses will be balanced and inject fresh play into the game (lol they'll be op as poo poo so that people will buy the expansion)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
They've only shown Dawnblade for warlocks, doesn't mean that's all we're getting. I'd bet on all 9 subclasses being available at launch, just that some will be locked behind levels like they were before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, there are still 3 subclasses per class, but one of them each is brand new.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

iirc they have shown all three current elements as subclasses in at least the reveal videos, so I feel like they're going to start with the 9 we have now and maybe add more after.

E: loving handily beaten

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Hopefully they are just holding out to build hype over the summer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The new element is love

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

moist turtleneck posted:

The new element is love

Only if we can have a monkey helper.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
destiny 2 expeansion is gonna have the introduction of a 4th element which is the darkness and it'll be like "we have to use the dark arts to defeat this enemy" and the main character will shrug and do it because who gives a poo poo when you're already basically an invincible dancing hitler to the common dreg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

destiny 2 expeansion is gonna have the introduction of a 4th element which is the darkness and it'll be like "we have to use the dark arts to defeat this enemy" and the main character will shrug and do it because who gives a poo poo when you're already basically an invincible dancing hitler to the common dreg

The one after that can be love then

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's probably earth or wind but I'd be down with them adding heart, no homo obviously

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
All that matters is what color it is

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

They need to introduce a sexual elemental power. The super could be shooting a massive AoE field of lube and dildos. Players in the field fall and get stuck with dildos in their butts. Only way out is to mash O(PS4 teabag button). While in the field you can't even fire your weapons. Basically a tether for adults.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Isn't void already the darkness?

really makes you think

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
just lol at you loving IDIOTS who don't realize the new elements are Taken, and SIVA

(Taken-subclass could be awesome, actually)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They don't even know what the Darkness is.

Luke Smith posted:

We didn’t know what it was, and we, for a period, we chose [that] we’re going to lump all the races [in together], and you see this in the tooltips in the game. “Minions of the darkness.” And we had taken all the races and said, “Ah, they’ll just be The Darkness.” But that’s not what the IP deserves. It’s like, literally not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
lmao