Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Oh god we make the vitamins too. gently caress

Well, it's been fun, kids.
like i said, that was probably about 8-10 years ago so i'm sure they changed their binder formula. i also just really don't buy multivitamins anymore since supposedly they're mostly placebo and dont do anything anyways and you just piss out 99% of the minerals, veggies are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Yeah I love those protein bars too. They've become my lunch of choice when I'm at work and they go pretty well with coffee.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I buy the adult gummy vitamins :smug:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
The trail mix at Co'co is pretty decent.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
@ my homie Dr Tim Watley

does this make you as hyped as it makes me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WetFIBBHgE

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

@ my homie Dr Tim Watley

Got me hyped and got me thinkin bout those sweet doggies. Shed a tear of joy when the twist came and we find out they took those dogs in house to keep the price just right. Wish they talked about the refill but hey! It's ok!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Some fresh Kirkland'za bubblin up to wet y'all whistles!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Teikanmi posted:

@ my homie Dr Tim Watley

from the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQmsfNIGwU

"LOOGIT ME EATIN THAT DAWG"

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Insane amounts of standard yellow mustard, and ketchup.

Wouldn't choose him as my wingman in a gun fight, that's for sure

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Oh god we make the vitamins too. gently caress

Well, it's been fun, kids.

idk about the vitamins but those are bars are good and don't use any bullshit proteins like most of the others you can get there

:thumbsup:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The Kirkland protein bars are indeed good. I liked the cookie dough one better off the bat, but the brownie one has grown on me. You can really taste the stevia (or something) at first, but then you just get used to it and you don't even notice it anymore after a while. It's like when you switch to whole grain pasta and it's different at first, but then it becomes normal and delicious.

My wife's one of those people that doesn't understand the whole function over flavor thing. If I get her to try a delicious flavor of protein powder, she doesn't just take a sip, she really tries to taste it, then complains she can taste the artificial sweeteners. I don't even bother anymore.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have you considered divorce?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I think those protein bars are basically Quest bars so it's a good deal (as expected at Costco).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Taima posted:

No gently caress you. Didn't you hear? The protein bar was less delicious than a Snickers so it got returned. What about that don't you get? wow, gotta spoon-feed people these days... pretty pathetic honestly, common sense- turns out it ain't so common anymore !

peep this dude being super salty that someone won't just eat the poo poo food that tastes bad lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Teikanmi posted:

@ my homie Dr Tim Watley

blessed are the dog sellers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

peep this dude being super salty that someone won't just eat the poo poo food that tastes bad lmao

He's right though. Protein bars aren't candy bars and shouldn't be expected to taste like them. Almost every single product that boasts more protein, like pasta, is going to taste worse. That's just how that whole thing works. You don't eat protein bars for fun or flavor, you eat them for the specific reason that they have high amounts of protein. So if someone's going to be a nancy about it then just eat a steak. Check out the best tasting protein bars and see what's actually in them. Usually low quality protein and tons of sugar. Anyone who is in the market for protein wants the opposite of that. That being said, I have the Kirkland chocolate peanut butter bars which have high quality protein and good macros and they're just fine.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Just lol if you don't like Kirkland protein bars. You can actually take them out for a run / ride without them turning into goo. Other protein bars try too hard to be a Snickers and they suck and melt all over you

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Chinatown posted:

blessed are the dog sellers

I work with a guy who started at the Southcenter Costco Hot Dog Cart in 1991. I believe it was called Cafe 150. And yes, it was just a cart.
Pretty sure I bought a dog from him in 1992 when I first joined under my father-in-laws tax service.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

He's right though. Protein bars aren't candy bars and shouldn't be expected to taste like them. Almost every single product that boasts more protein, like pasta, is going to taste worse. That's just how that whole thing works. You don't eat protein bars for fun or flavor, you eat them for the specific reason that they have high amounts of protein. So if someone's going to be a nancy about it then just eat a steak. Check out the best tasting protein bars and see what's actually in them. Usually low quality protein and tons of sugar. Anyone who is in the market for protein wants the opposite of that. That being said, I have the Kirkland chocolate peanut butter bars which have high quality protein and good macros and they're just fine.

what if they're being a greg about it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kassoon posted:

what if they're being a greg about it

I hear Greg is a good guy. He wouldn't whine and just eat the protein.

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Do they have decent jeans at the Co?

I got some Levi's 505s there about a year ago for $24.99

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I hear Greg is a good guy. He wouldn't whine and just eat the protein.

:respek:

This guy gets it. Just eat the protein and stop whining. A winning move.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

No one takes photos of the :twisted: churro, sad!

Also is the beekeeping life really the kind of thing you want to impulse buy into

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 16, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I tried to hold out for a dog tonight but I kept late at work and was soooooo hungry so I stopped at the place around the street from me and got some shawarma poutine.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I tried to hold out for a dog tonight but I kept late at work and was soooooo hungry so I stopped at the place around the street from me and got some shawarma poutine.

The dogs will be there when you're ready friend. No worries.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
The 'co sells 100 million hotdogs a year! That's a bargain at at $150 million for 100 million 1/4 lb+(!) ALL BEEF hot dogs with 100 million drinks with FREE refills.

Praise be

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I'm visiting friends in Barcelona, had amazing fish and ribs for lunch and a delicious dinner at my friend's house made by 3 French expats.

I think I'm going to take my housemate to Costco when he picks me up when I am back. Going to get a dog, split a pizza slice and grab a churro.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The North Tower posted:

split a pizza slice

what the

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

FCKGW posted:

what the

Would you rather they split the dog, and meet in the middle, Lady and the Tramp style?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dely Apple posted:

No one takes photos of the :twisted: churro, sad!

Also is the beekeeping life really the kind of thing you want to impulse buy into

God drat I love Costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i wanna make a box fort on one of the shelves and live in a costco

think of the savings!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

FCKGW posted:

what the

Usually a dog fills me up. This is a lot of food for me but I'm going to do it to feel good and cool.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The North Tower posted:

Usually a dog fills me up. This is a lot of food for me but I'm going to do it to feel good and cool.

Nah it totally works, gf and I each get a dog and split a slice usually, the slices are so hefty I wish they sold em in half to begin with. As far as junkfood goes, the dog, half a slice, and a diet soda/water doesn't have much nutritional value but it's an acceptable meal calorically.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Lmao @ sharing Costco food like you're fuckin alaadin and abu on the street. I'd rather die than give someone half of my Costco pizza.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Dr. Capco posted:

Lmao @ sharing Costco food like you're fuckin alaadin and abu on the street. I'd rather die than give someone half of my Costco pizza.

Well keep eating that whole slice and Costco will grant your wish brotha.

Anyone else get their surburban mom on and buy $300 in meats and spend a Friday evening vac sealing all your bulk deals? I'm taking it a step further and going to just prepare a bunch of freezer meals to have on hand. Oooh yeah gonna be a fun night!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GI_Clutch posted:

Would you rather they split the dog, and meet in the middle, Lady and the Tramp style?

yes...?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
costco needs to start building and selling Costco Condos/apts above their warehouses and also have a Costco Clinic, Costco Dental, and my life will belong to costco, they will take care of my every whim and need between food court, vision, hearing, staples, tires, cars, travel, teeth, health, and housing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Dr. Capco posted:

the slices of pizza are like 700 calories just fyi.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
Just a Panamanian goon telling you I hate youse for having the goodness that is Costco...we only have Costco's crappier brother: PriceSmart. We do get some Kirkland goodness like the Nutella knockoff that gets you more than twice the quantity for the price of one jar of Nutella. The beef is absolutely crazy expensive. Sucks living on a country that doesn't produce poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Looks like we need to do a Kirkland Dog airlift, brothers.