Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I want an exotic helmet called Quantum Flavourdynamics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

That's good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can the new hunter subclass be a theoretical physicist with a particle accelerator super?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So it'd what? Smash a large, but still unnoticeable, amount of subatomic particles into turtlefaces?

Besides we both know it's just gonna be "radiation as poison" somehow.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So help me out, pre-ordering the game let's you get into the beta on about the 19th, but it will be open to everyone regardless of whether or not you preordered on the 21st?

Why would I preorder?

Game looks good though, like I can't loving wait to play with you dudes again

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

They already kinda walked that all back in ttk though.

Hive are servants of worms that worship the darkness. Taken are cunts too.

Fallen are just rear end in a top hat space refugees who got rekt by civil war. Siva fallen are space-isis.

No one knows what the vex actually are except they show up and kill poo poo and build machines in tunnels and want something.

Cabal are conquering assholes possibly running from something but not necessarily super evil but we bumped em heaps.

I do like though how they hinted at this coming in ttk with the stuff from the intercepted cabal transmissions from ttk. Cabal intel talked about zombies getting up and looting their dead and then doing sick nasty sparrow tricks and dancing. Then we hosed up their soldiers trying to kill oryx and now their boss is like wtf?

How much more could they have juiced from the stranger and the queen? Oh yeah one works for osiris probably and uses vex tech and yeah the queen passed out from her spirit bomb but shes just sleepin it off in the throne room but they dont have the light so the cabal dont care.

Im going to guess the Osiris expansion is partly taken from the "vex void" expansion announced in the original roadmap and the rasputin one is going to be more siva/fallen stuff.

There's some poo poo in an interview where it states that Gaius is apparently the Cabal emperor and consults with something that talks to him. I bet its a ghost from another dimension or something.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Nah worms dude

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Alteisen posted:

There's some poo poo in an interview where it states that Gaius is apparently the Cabal emperor and consults with something that talks to him. I bet its a ghost from another dimension or something.

I just realized that ghosts are space barbie brazen heads :psyboom:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually the Division is the official game of Bone Krew during the interregnum of Destiny 1 and Destiny 2

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Yeah they mentioned something about his consigliare and even mentioned the voice actor. Could just be a baller psion though. Probably a raid sub boss to throw in or a strike boss.

Should be cool.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the Division is the official game of Bone Krew during the interregnum of Destiny 1 and Destiny 2

If you bought nothing but the base game is it even playable?

Cuz thats all i got.

Not that'd id play it. Just curious

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

but rather a 10 year beta

I'm not sure what ABGD circa 1995 has to do with this conversation

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is wrong.

Your mom is the mode of entertainment, while we wait.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A Buff Gay Mom

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blind Rasputin posted:

A Buff Gay MILF

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Rasputin posted:

So help me out, pre-ordering the game let's you get into the beta on about the 19th, but it will be open to everyone regardless of whether or not you preordered on the 21st?

Why would I preorder?

Well, if you're like 99% of the other people still posting here, you're going to buy the game pretty much no matter what, barring some big terrible announcement between now and then. So what do you have to lose by pushing the preorder button on Amazon? You get a few extra days for the beta, and you don't get charged a cent until the game releases. Don't like the beta? You can cancel. It's really not that hard to figure out why one would preorder, there's literally no consequence.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Schizotek posted:

People who think a fourth element type would be based off the traditional "earth-wind-fire" poo poo or "the darkness" are dumb. The 3 current elements are based off three of the four fundamental interactions of matter. Void is gravity, Arc is electromagnetic, and Solar is the strong interraction. That leaves the weak interraction responsible for radioactive decay. Assuming they ever add a third element, it'll be based on radiation and will probably be green glowy poo poo.

I'm sure they put that much thought into it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
does the beta reset when the game releases or do stuff from the beta carry over in the released version?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sefal posted:

does the beta reset when the game releases or do stuff from the beta carry over in the released version?

D1 beta reset, very likely this one will too. They gave out emblems for having participated but all equipment was gone (it was crap anyway, the level cap was too low for legendaries).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Level 8 was the cap and that God awful giant Moon map was the beta PvP map

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Cuz thats all i got.

Yep, and that's all I'd recommend anyways. You can't play the activity tied to that DLC but most rank from meh to poo poo. You also can't play the incursions mated with each DLC but after having played the first 2 (poo poo) I can't imagine the other being good (they are poo poo too). But all the gear and base world activities are available and honestly its a pretty fun PvE experience.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Was there any mention of the file size for the beta?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The fifth element is four loko

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Cuz thats all i got.

Yes. Cracking open some loot caches with the boys. Lots of my friends list has fallen off the Division wagon, but it took a lot of playtime for them to get to that point.

But to my utter amazement I'm having a ball with the last stand DLC, which is 8v8 zone control pvp with subtle base building and PvE elements. I hate the DZ pvp but there's something about last stand that's just different enough that it's really fun. Maybe it's mental.

I have a feeling a xim user could dominate last stand.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes. Cracking open some loot caches with the boys. Lots of my friends list has fallen off the Division wagon, but it took a lot of playtime for them to get to that point.

But to my utter amazement I'm having a ball with the last stand DLC, which is 8v8 zone control pvp with subtle base building and PvE elements. I hate the DZ pvp but there's something about last stand that's just different enough that it's really fun. Maybe it's mental.

I have a feeling a xim user could dominate last stand.

*Wwe announcer* AND WHAT'S THIS? GOGOGADETCHRIS EMERGES FROM BACK STAGE! *crowd goes nuts*

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

*Wwe announcer* AND WHAT'S THIS? GOGOGADETCHRIS EMERGES FROM BACK STAGE! *crowd goes nuts*

[dies immediately]

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

LMAO condolences friend

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

They come from the cyber portal in the room where we first kill Oryx. Thats the portal that Crota created and the vex used to enter our realm. They probably come from other universe where they have turned everything into computers.

<<--- here is the start of the vex invasion.

My theory about how his technology works:

You can't actually time travel matter, but you can influence quantic events in the past. The Vex use this to direct the grown of crystals million of years ago. They grown huge antennas so they repeat again the process, but amplified and more precise, that they use to build even more complex machines. Finally they build circuits and they sent themselves as information that they upload to new bodies they have build. It can take hundreds of years to influence the formation of a single atom, but from that point the grown is geometric.

necroquoting because I am a loresperg so gently caress w/e:

"AI Rampancy" is a classic Bungie theme that we've seen in most of their releases. Effectively, a machine of AI scale will 'think itself' to death as it burns through its inherently limited physical resources, consciousness tries to expand as it would in nature, but even the massive physical resources we as humans would give to it are too limited. Marathon's Duranadal AI explored some of the pitfalls of this, and we also saw Cortana do the same in the later Halo series. The only 'workaround' to this physical resource limitation would be to expand your hardware, AFAIK.

You know how the Vex have a habit of building planet-sized computers? Sounds like they found a novel way to escape resource constraints, which may partially explain why each individual Vex is more of a utility object than an individual.

It sounds like the Final Shape of the Vex is to be computationally isomorphic with time and space vs. Oryx who wants to rewrite natural law of the universe, to avoid limitations both physical and ontological, i.e. ascend the physical plane and become space and time itself, thus avoid the heat death of the universe or w/e. Assuming big-bang-esque universal origin, Godhood seems limited only by being subject to that final collapse.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 16, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Please comply with Bone Krew legal and remove these libelous statements

and CUT YOUR DICK OFF

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Division was a bad game when it launched and it's a bad game now.

Destiny is a bad game too with a bunch of hilarious failures, but at least its core game loop is fun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Division was a bad game when it launched and it's a bad game now.

Destiny is a bad game too with a bunch of hilarious failures, but at least its core game loop is fun.

The Division is actually a pretty good game now. Lots of quality of life work has been done and there's legitimate build variety now. With the new content coming for free I'm pretty sure Ubi/massive actually understand they have a potential blockbuster IP but screwed the pooch on launch and it is cheaper and better to redeem it rather than try and make another IP (rip Bioware)

I have consistently said its pvp is 80s gay but I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and the last stand pvp mode is modern gay and thus extremely cool and good.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
What is the difference between 80's gay and modern gay?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Back in the 80s it was okay to call bad things gay but now in the 2010s it's not because most people realized gay people are fine and cool and nice and hell, fun.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

more or less leather, depending on your perspective

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
In the 80's people were a lot more afraid of Aids. Like, a LOT more afraid. Nowadays you can just pop a pill everyday and completely ignore whether or not you have aids because it won't show up on a test.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everything's gay when you really think about it :lsd:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AIDS was such bullshit, no one wanted to have sex because we were all afraid we'd die.

I mean it's still bullshit, but it's less bullshit now than it used to be.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
AIDS is pretty in right now, but you can't flout it, you have to be really chill about it and act like it's not a big deal

Bad: [extremely trump voice] Might I remind you that I have aids, the best aids, I have the low T cell count of a poz dude half my age

Good: of course I didn't tell you I have aids, it's not that big of a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I played Destiny last night it was gay (i.e. cool and good)