Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I am happy I refunded that ship. Having to <<use>> an elevator then two different sets of "ladders" and then the seat itself just to fly the thing would make me crash it into the nearest thing possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AbstractNapper posted:

What is happening. Why are they doing these graphics when they have a garbage game?
Is it because they are full of idle animators who they want to keep around for the next fake GamesCom demo and concept ship promo video? Nah, can't be.

Because someone got drunk with them and started explaining APIs and how they could help in the development of SC, and it was very surred and confusion, but such a novel concept that they just couldn't wait to tell the backers… well, the bits they kind-of-remembered, at least (not including the meaning, purpose, and function of the term API).

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Pineapple is a fine fruit. It does not belong on a pizza.

Now, black olives and mushrooms, on the other hand :yum:

Those things should be chopped, mixed with corned beef, and stuck into a bell pepper. Much like what you shouldn't do with pineapple.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I mean there's hawaiian and then there's an olive and mushroom and sausage chicago style pizza and I'll be goddamned if anyone besmirches the good taste and wholesomeness of that pizza

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Give me a Napoleon Pizza or give me death a pepperoni pizza. I don't really care.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gonna have me a golden milk stout and a slice of breakfast pizza in about 15 minutes

why fat

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://fat.gfycat.com/HardGentleItalianbrownbear.webm

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Give me a Japanese squid-ink pizza with corn, tuna, sliced nori, and mayo toppings. Pineapple is optional.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
64 bit pizza precision is in I see

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

6,333 feet of pizza.

Also known as dinner in America.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

6,333 feet of pizza.

Also known as dinner in America.
they did send off a lot of dough to local homeless shelters tho

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
get it :D

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pizza and Star Citizen go together. They're both sold to idiots.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/regmizell/status/875693203009175553

I have been thinking about my career path in Star Citizen, specifically about what ships I wanted in game. I keep revisiting the ships I want, trying to focus on the gameplay I want in game and to have more bang for my buck in using multi-role ships. Still, I get those times when I want to have those vanity ships.

I just joined the subscriber program for Star Citizen, and part of the program is to let subscribers try out a new ship each month. This month it is the Drake Caterpillar. Walking inside and exploring the Caterpillar is like an open house. I can imagine owning the ship and walking through the corridors. I can see myself with a crew in the habitat area having meals. I can see myself hauling freight to the far reaches of the universe.

As tempting as it is, I have to pass on this ship for the moment. Who know, like last year at Star Citizen’s end of year sale I might get the fever and buy something, but for now I’ll pass. These are the current ships in my catalog.

Avenger Titan – OK, this is a vanity ship in my roster of ships. I got it when there was a limited-edition sale because it has the markings of an Advocacy agent (best described as FBI styled agents). I just can’t see myself selling it because this ship seems, for me, like the “I have it for fun” ship. It’s the take a Sunday drive ship.

The Herald – This is the info runner ship, which means it can eavesdrop on electronic messages and sell that information. I see this as related and is part of my side profession. As a side bonus, it is a really fast ship at the moment in game. When the best option in a battle is to run away, this is the ship to bolt out of a sticky situation in style. Once the electronic warfare and espionage component becomes prevalent in the game, this will become incredibly useful.

The Terrapin – When I first saw this ship I fell in love. It is touted as a very good exploration ship and supposedly has similar characteristics as the Herald. It has more staying power (meaning shields and protection) than the Herald, but, when things get rough this ship can run away or take cover in hostile environments. This is also a very capable surveillance and explorer ship.

The Dragonfly – This the space motorcycle of the ships and I had considered it a fun vehicle, but I’m realizing the multi-purpose uses it has for my gameplay. Being a motorcycle essentially, this ship can be used to scout out environments and travel to areas I probably wouldn’t want to bring a ship into. It can also be deployed in space to investigate phenomenon. This ship can be stored as cargo in a few ships I own, which makes this versatile.

The Freelancer Dur – The main, dedicated 2-person exploration ship. This will probably be the workhorse, as well as the Terrapin, for exploration, but what this has that the Terrapin doesn’t is cargo space. This ship can double as a hauler, which means I can use it to transport goods and possibly make a profit when exploration work is slow. This vehicle can store the Dragonfly, giving it a lot of flexibility for gameplay.

The Cutlass Black – I traded this ship in for another exploration ship, the Reliant Sen. I bought the Sen for the “a cool look” but I found it OK for battle and the Freelancer Dur, the Terrapin and the 315p had better scanning ability. The Cutlass Black is geared towards piracy in the unofficial descriptions, but what sold me was with the rework being done on the ship, it will comfortably hold the Dragonfly. It would give a bit more living area and would hold, according to current stats, good a cargo space at 30 without the Dragonfly being loaded. This would be the day to day workhorse ship.

The Origin 315p – This is questionable for me because I keep coming back to this ship, this is my second purchase of it, but it quickly gets traded because other ships have better capabilities for my needs. It’s a good one-person explorer that can do quick reconnaissance missions, but the DUR and the Terrapin are better suited for those trips. It has no cargo capacity and as a fighter, the DUR or Cutlass Black have more versatility.

Essentially it is a ship looking for a place in my gameplay.

I’ve explored getting a large multi-crew ship to trade in for the 315p. The Constellation Aquila is at the top of the list, along with the Carrack and Endeavor. They have pros and cons for each ship, but I wonder do I see a real use and a justification for the expense of the ships? An alternative is the Prospector, a one-person mining vessel or the Reliant Mako news van.

For now, this looks like a good batch of ships for me.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

I have been thinking about my career path in Star Citizen, specifically about what ships I wanted in game. I keep revisiting the ships I want, trying to focus on the gameplay I want in game and to have more bang for my buck in using multi-role ships. Still, I get those times when I want to have those vanity ships.

Not a paid shill. TM

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If the game ever comes out how long is it going to take all these super whales to get bored since they bought their way through all of the in game progression years before release?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The game isn't coming out.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

If the game ever comes out how long is it going to take all these super whales to get bored since they bought their way through all of the in game progression years before release?
they will never admit to being bored or upset or that the game has any problems because they will be trying to offload their stuff to other idiots

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

they will never admit to being bored or upset or that the game has any problems because they will be trying to offload their stuff to other idiots

This will be a cinch as MasterofManyAliases has predicted that not only will UEC hold it's value at $1 = 1,000 but will quadruple in value to $1 per 250 UEC, so offloading your ships and items will be a breeze as the dollar plummets in value against the UEC.

Also in this totally not crazy scenario the economy somehow absorbs $150,000,000,000 of presold UEC being injected into the economy before it even exists so well that the value of the games currency becomes the most expensive and best exchange rate for any MMO in history.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

This will be a cinch as MasterofManyAliases has predicted that not only will UEC hold it's value at $1 = 1,000 but will quadruple in value to $1 per 250 UEC, so offloading your ships and items will be a breeze as the dollar plummets in value against the UEC.

Also in this totally not crazy scenario the economy somehow absorbs $150,000,000,000 of presold UEC being injected into the economy before it even exists so well that the value of the games currency becomes the most expensive and best exchange rate for any MMO in history.

praise croberts

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
can't wait until 3.0 so I can hack the mainframe with a tubular piece of code injection and basically become space neo

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also after absorbing one hundred and fifty billion of it's currency being pre-sold and after the currency quadruples in value somehow, CIG will simply stop the entire farming industry that has built up around pennies on the hour returns in other games to protect their $4 = 1,000 UEC exchange rate by simply

Also MoMAs $3,000 ships will now be worth $12,000

This is a reasonable thing to think because

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Space Crabs posted:

It's cryptocurrency, but run by people who don't math good and stuff.

praise be to his name, blessings upon his issue.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts

*buys another idris*

DEREK SMART CAN'T CONTROL MEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Meridian posted:

The game isn't coming out.

You filthy non-believer.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Imagine buying a level capped character with a full set of best in slot gear 2 years before WoW came out. wtf would you do in the game?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just can't imagine playing any other game than Star Citizen. What's the point?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts

We all float down here.

TheAgent posted:

can't wait until 3.0 so I can hack the mainframe with a tubular piece of code injection and basically become space neo

What's a neo? We're hacking a Gibson.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sindai posted:

The real question is why they're writing their own serialization code in the first place instead of using any of the libraries that already exist for such a basic thing in any popular language.

If I was a programmer for a project with no clear goal, unapproval, near permanent crunch, and utterly uncaring and incompetent management. If everything I'm suppose to do for this game is practically impossible anyway. Well now, I might just decide to do it all custom because that's something I can actually solve and put on my milestones/productivity report.

Because gently caress em, I get paid the same either way.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Imagine buying a level capped character with a full set of best in slot gear 2 years before WoW came out. wtf would you do in the game?

P4wn nubs, duh.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Lladre posted:

P4wn nubs, duh.

But what about people like Btak who don't want to encounter anyone else in game?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fil5000 posted:

But what about people like Btak who don't want to encounter anyone else in game?

You camp their corpse 24/7.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Fil5000 posted:

My dude, have you heard about the pvp slider?

....because if you have, please explain it to us.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Drunk Theory posted:

My dude, have you heard about the pvp slider?

....because if you have, please explain it to us.

I certainly hope the pvp slider scale is based on total backer contribution

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I only want combat with true believers

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Can someone give me a direct link to the 'Network engineer on ATV' stuff referenced here? I'd like a look.

Edit: Because running security scans on long-neglected ADCs is really pissing me off.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hav posted:

Can someone give me a direct link to the 'Network engineer on ATV' stuff referenced here? I'd like a look.

Edit: Because running security scans on long-neglected ADCs is really pissing me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4m2nwn5wT8&t=790s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875740159916027908

Thrilling to see.