Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

esperterra posted:

Probably true. Queens talked up the drama this season before airing, then it turned out Tinky Winky edited this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

esperterra posted:

Katya is one of my favourite queens, but it's definitely one of those situations where avoiding her general fanbase at all costs is a must. Especially the ones who ship her with Trixie, and read erotic fanfiction to them at their DragCon panel, even after they're asked to stop.

Whoa wait what?!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dear Prudence posted:

Whoa wait what?!

There might be footage on YT from someone in the crowd, but WOW edited it out of the official video for their panel this year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shitpostmodern posted:

fwiw, I was hoping Detox would win AS2. Maybe I just like the really different queens? Loved Acid Betty in S8, too.

Double posting because phone, but I loved Acid Betty, too. Wish she would come back for an Allstars, her looks were gagworthy and she was a bitch. Two of my favourite things in a queen.

DogIdiot
Jun 9, 2016

esperterra posted:

Double posting because phone, but I loved Acid Betty, too. Wish she would come back for an Allstars, her looks were gagworthy and she was a bitch. Two of my favourite things in a queen.

Season 10 or AS3 better pack in some bitches, I feel like the drag face fanbase needs a new Willam or the old one to be unapologetically crass.

Actually, gently caress-it, bring back Tyra.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DogIdiot posted:

Season 10 or AS3 better pack in some bitches, I feel like the drag face fanbase needs a new Willam or the old one to be unapologetically crass.

Well, we know Eureka is coming back.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Who all is going to this?

I just got tickets, so psyched.

A God Damn Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 16, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Girl I wish. If I have that Friday off I'll probably hit up a bar viewing here in Vancouver.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

DogIdiot posted:

Refresh my memory, didn't Adore get invited back for AS3?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Well, someone has to go home first.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Why are drag events always during the week and always get delayed until 2/3 am? It's getting old.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

^^EDIT: Because drag queen time is a good 4-5 hours ahead of everyone else (which makes sense now that I know that's usually how long it takes for them to do their makeup)

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

There was no official "oh no see you next time for sure though!" for Adore the way there was for Eureka.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

Why are drag events always during the week and always get delayed until 2/3 am? It's getting old.

Drag and other live performances are a good way to get people out to the clurb on weeknights. You don't need big name drag queens to get a gay bar full on a Fri/Sat night.

Events usually start a lot earlier here in LA, around 11pm to midnight at the latest because last call is 2am. I hated the early close times when I was younger but I really don't mind it now :v:

That sucks tho, drag on TV is fun but going to an actual live performance is 10x better.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DogIdiot posted:

bring back lineysha AS tyra

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pellisworth posted:

Drag and other live performances are a good way to get people out to the clurb on weeknights. You don't need big name drag queens to get a gay bar full on a Fri/Sat night.

Events usually start a lot earlier here in LA, around 11pm to midnight at the latest because last call is 2am. I hated the early close times when I was younger but I really don't mind it now :v:

That sucks tho, drag on TV is fun but going to an actual live performance is 10x better.

Maybe it's nyc specific but Queens are always coming out after midnight or 1:00 and it's just not worth feeling like poo poo at work anymore. I'll catch it in YouTube.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

Maybe it's nyc specific but Queens are always coming out after midnight or 1:00 and it's just not worth feeling like poo poo at work anymore. I'll catch it in YouTube.

When's last call / closing time in NYC?

It's 2am in LA, so everything starts before midnight so the establishment has some time to make money from drinks. After-hours house parties are a big deal, and so are illegal all-hours warehouse parties.

I'm too got-damt old to party all night but it is nice that the early closing times here push stage performances earlier.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah, it's crazy late in NYC, bars close at 4am but I've personally been to shows that lasted way later as well. I don't go to weeknight shows pretty much ever as a result.

Fortunately, this finale event is on a Friday, and going to mirror the airing of drag race at least some, so it should get started a bit earlier than usual.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lmao every one of her outbursts were so weird, I couldn't tell if it was over my head or non-sequiter (it was probably both)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

Lmao every one of her outbursts were so weird, I couldn't tell if it was over my head or non-sequiter (it was probably both)

Tammie has a sort of Lynchian quality where you're not sure what the gently caress is going on but you know it's art.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Two minutes in and we already have an excellent eye roll.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

lmao yes the dying whale noise

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'll have to use "aggressively compliment" in my everyday life.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
This reunion is juicy

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe
Oh my god, Shea's Valentina impression.

Everyone came loaded for bear.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And they said this season had no drama. Goddamn!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

After that super sweet everybody-say-love season I absolutely love that it turns out everyone actually loving hated each other the whole time

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Congratulations to Valentina for being Miss Fan Favorite.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

twistedbutterfly posted:

Congratulations to Valentina for being Miss Fan Favorite.

(just like ben delacreme.... joslyn was robbed)

Also, my face during that sequence:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I really hope someone made a gif of Eureaka's face, that was perfect reaction for the last ten minutes of the reunion.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

(just like ben delacreme.... joslyn was robbed)

Also, my face during that sequence:

Joselyn totally deserved it. I agree.

Aja speaking out was one thing, but when Farrah started talking about how Valentina dropped off being her friend, I was shook.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Either they played that entire show like a telenovella or these are some of the most internally ugly queens we've had in a long time. Sounds like Valentina's "perfect" ice fairy was a self-insert after all. And Selena? Really? I've never been so uncomfortable/cringing in reaction to a show in a while, I don't recall prior shows being this way. Even the Chronicles of Alyssa and Coco weren't like this.

I don't care what screenshots someone was sending Shea because it's awfully easy to fake that poo poo. The only shade Nina casts is on herself.

Oh and P.S. Alexis still can't take the heat.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Nina is actually the best but she makes me nervous :O

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't have tv, what happened?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't have tv, what happened?

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Oh my god, this is one hell of a reunion

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
Aja had the kettle on high for all the girls
“Well girl if it was a reference to masturbation, we weren’t getting off”
Charlie had a bad lipsink because a million reasons. No one's buying any of them.
Valentina didn't want to get to know any of the girls and is pretty shady. She was the fan favorite *round of applause*
Nina is a mess. A huge messy mess.

Eureka and Trinity had a wonderful read fest against each other :allears:

Miss Nomer fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 17, 2017

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Farrah was low-key hilarious and probably came out of the Reunion the best. Trinity and Eureka also shined. Valentina destroyed a season's worth of goodwill in 10 minutes.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

That was some S2 reunion realness, only somehow even more bitter :eyepop:

I enjoyed that we've now come full circle with Aja calling out Valentina during her moment, but drat, a lot of that was pretty uncomfortable to watch, esp. Farrah piling on. Gotta bring more to the table than whale noises I guess.

Fake edit: ^^^ I love that Eureka of all people managed to come out of that probably the best. I'll be glad to see her again in S10

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh yeah, Kimora Black was on the show.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Charlie we know what your drat name is, you can chill.

I'm so glad the old style reunions are back :allears: it's all I wanted since season 4.

I still love Farrah, I don't know what it is but every time I see that bitch I am just SO charmed. I shoulda voted for her for Miss Congeniality. This hasn't really endeared me to Valentina or Alexis, of course. Cynthia said so little I forgot she was on this season. I straight up forgot that Kimora Black was a person.

I did love how much of a VOICE the top four, particularly Shea and Trinity had in this discussion. I feel like the crown is really between these two, now.

• Locked thread