Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Lizard Combatant posted:

what is the actual word though? is it supposed to be "perfection" or is that an unrelated comment?

From Wikipedia:

"Chesed (חסד, also Romanized ẖesed) is a Hebrew word commonly translated as "loving-kindness," "kindness" or "love."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I think you'll find it's translated as "evol" or "ssendnik". I did my research.

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
some ppl that makes tattoos srsly wasted their money lmao

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Google translate says the reversed text is "desh" which sounds a lot like daish, which is the Islamic state acronym in Arabic. Can a Hebrew speaker PLEASE tell me her tattoo is the Hebrew version of getting ISIL tattooed on yourself?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

ZombieJesus posted:

Google translate says the reversed text is "desh" which sounds a lot like daish, which is the Islamic state acronym in Arabic. Can a Hebrew speaker PLEASE tell me her tattoo is the Hebrew version of getting ISIL tattooed on yourself?

Maybe they're just really into obscure metallurgy from the Star Wars expanded universe

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

HappyKitty posted:

Maybe they're just really into obscure metallurgy from the Star Wars expanded universe

I think you just gave up way more than you intended dude.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

e: ack didn't realize there was another page of people talking about the dumb upside down tattoo

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I know this gets linked once in a while, a whole blog about these: http://www.badhebrew.com/

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Really? Couldnt take a minute and "The entire Bee Movie, but everytime they say 'Bee' this tattoo text gets progressively smaller and sma..... "

Pretend i know how to bbcode text above so the text after 'they say Bee' gets smaller till you get to illegible dots

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Really? Couldnt take a minute and "The entire Bee Movie, but everytime they say 'Bee' this tattoo text gets progressively smaller and sma..... "
[sub] and [super]

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Why.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Memes are a hell of a drug.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Artist did a pretty good job covering up that Ewok

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Damnit the longer I stare at the first one the funnier it gets. Though then you notice the human teeth and it gets creepy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
the first version was scarier

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

whypick1 posted:

Artist did a pretty good job covering up that Ewok

literally my thoughts

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Zil posted:

Damnit the longer I stare at the first one the funnier it gets.

:same:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bye bye Gromit's Scottish cousin.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ReidRansom posted:

OK why does she have Jani Lane on her neck though?

Because.........
heaven isn't too far away.
(Shes) closer to it every day.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I was at tattoo workshop on Thursday getting colour done on a piece for my arm and I just kept getting reminded of that stupid dogs loving face the entire time I was there.

(Also beaten, was gonna post this here)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of love how horrifying that is. I want a few spaced randomly around my body

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Where is that person's chin?

hrvat
Nov 8, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
bourth brewer

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I have questions but not the nerve to ask them...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

Below their mouth, wherever that is...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Today my daughter was talking about her teacher's new tattoo, which includes small silhouettes representing his kids. She said that it was good that they were just silhouettes, because most "tattoo fails" are people and faces.

Tear in my eye, I tell ya.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

as i made the neuman edit i realized that the original pic is also an edit, it's a mouth really badly photoshopped onto what looks like a shaved leg. kinda disappointing but i had to press on.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

sweeperbravo posted:

as i made the neuman edit i realized that the original pic is also an edit, it's a mouth really badly photoshopped onto what looks like a shaved leg. kinda disappointing but i had to press on.

I think it's a tattoo of a mouth on the person's leg.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

That could be. There's just something weird about the skin around the mouth, though, like it's darker than the surrounding skin in a way i don't see why a tattoo artist would bother detailing. The creases make sense, the overall darkness makes less sense. then again what would i know, i dn't have a tattoo of a mouth on my leg

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that Eric Trump's mouth

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

(From https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/climax-faces/3/)

eminkey2003 has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jun 19, 2017

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
It came from facebook:

I have a friend who is very fond of the term "vanilla bean basic bitch" and it seems to fit. Even if it's "ironic" it's still stupid. The linework is okay at least, except for whatever the gently caress that arrow fletching is supposed to be about

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TheKennedys posted:

It came from facebook:

I have a friend who is very fond of the term "vanilla bean basic bitch" and it seems to fit. Even if it's "ironic" it's still stupid. The linework is okay at least, except for whatever the gently caress that arrow fletching is supposed to be about

That's a poo poo-ton of real estate to spend on a pretty weak joke.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Looks like the feather/birds/dandelion was already there and the rest is the new stuff. It is funny...I don't know. That's prime tattoo real estate. I guess if she's committed to the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I.C. posted:

Looks like the feather/birds/dandelion was already there and the rest is the new stuff. It is funny...I don't know. That's prime tattoo real estate. I guess if she's committed to the joke.

idgi, what's the joke?