Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
You have to talk to him in mighty voice for him to hear you. Which is unfortunate considering we aren't allowed to.

Grognan posted:

C Also, Travic's concerns are overrated to me. Game is fine.

It's like the world went insane overnight. Someone asked the DM a question about the world. The DM said, "I don't know you tell me what this sounds like." How is that acceptable?

Travic fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Db

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Get away from the C fractional pimp snake.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

K

We are not flying. The rules prohibit revealing our wings to beings that don't know we have them, which doesn't include THIS thing.

Speak the word.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Too bad there's not some kind of way to just get the poor bastard to relax

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
H

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
E but oh man K is tempting

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
H

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Like a flute? That can heal the mind of sorrow? Never heard of such a crazy thing!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zybourne Clock posted:

A.

I can't help but think the Orm is a bit... simple in the head. Yet, somehow, he was once worshiped as a god. How did that ever happen? Yes, I'm well aware I'm setting up a massive self-own here

He turned into a sad sack of tears after not being able to move past a great loss.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
H

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slaan posted:

KLMNOPQRESTUVWXYZ FIND HER BRING HER HOME FIND HER BRING HER HOME

Voting for this.

Also, while you are on the way out of the cavern to FIND HER AND BRING HER HOME, take the opportunity to Eat The Black Goop.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Like a flute? That can heal the mind of sorrow? Never heard of such a crazy thing!

Madness my friend, madness.

super sweet best pal posted:

He turned into a sad sack of tears after not being able to move past a great loss.

Dude need to Build A Bridge, and Get Over It (the lake of tears the wept, and his sadbrains attitude). Dude needs to :therapy:

It'll be ok bud! We all get into some terrible situations sometimes!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can you please stop joke voting? It makes us less likely to succeed.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The Orm, on a Freudian couch far too small for him but he still fits somehow: "tell you about my mother? Well, I guess it all started when I found myself to be formed whole and entire from the primeval chaos..."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The Orm, on a Freudian couch far too small for him but he still fits somehow: "tell you about my mother? Well, I guess it all started when I found myself to be formed whole and entire from the primeval chaos..."

This is absolutely hilarious.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
G

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

There Bias Two posted:

Who are you to say what is and is not someone's sincere vote?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

There Bias Two posted:

Count down til people start reporting bad votes......

Please don't, pretty please don't

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Toughy posted:

Count down til people start reporting bad votes......

Please don't, pretty please don't

Too late punk; you're toast.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I already reported Diog for not voting to resist.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'd send Travic a massage if I could

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ralith posted:

Who are you to say what is and is not someone's sincere vote?

I did no such thing. I asked other people not to joke vote because it is a thing that happens.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Bolded joke votes make the vote counter's job more difficult. Unbolded, it's no big deal.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Db

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

McSpanky posted:

Travix is real, and strong, and my friend

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

McSpanky posted:

A massage would be nice. I went to the gym and lifted many heavy things to try and work off my anger. Nope. Still angry. I just don't like being some else's plaything. The fact that Diog doesn't care isn't helping.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
C

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
G+H

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Bolded joke votes make the vote counter's job more difficult. Unbolded, it's no big deal.

Count every bolded vote.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

super sweet best pal posted:

Count every bolded vote.

Enkidel's life is NOT a joke!

Or something like that.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Travic posted:

A massage would be nice. I went to the gym and lifted many heavy things to try and work off my anger. Nope. Still angry. I just don't like being some else's plaything. The fact that Diog doesn't care isn't helping.

Dude. There's a reason literally everyone is telling you to chill. The 'do you?' is one of diog's attempts to have us spend time and votes to investigate something which we as a block don't want to do. We don't have a perfect memory and very very often are tasked with finding information we have learned previously in the thread. Your table of contents is an amazing aid to that end. So while I understand your frustration with being asked if we remember a song we as readers and player could not possibly know, the whole point is that we have to willfully investigate this as a block which never gained momentum. This has happened in the past and will continue to happen. I'm sorry to say this, but if this is sticking in your craw so bad perhaps this game isn't for you?

Let it go man. If you want to try and find out write something to convince others to back you up and have Enkidels psyche (us) think it's worth the time to dig through our memories. Raging at Diog and his system isn't going to do anything. Diog is notoriously steadfast in the way he runs the game and hasn't deviated from it. He'll even drop subtle hints occasionally about things we could explore. 'Do you?' is one of them. But it's not a free action as we can't clearly remember on our own. An example irl would be like hearing a riff of a song from when you were 8 and thinking 'i know this but what the gently caress is it?'. You'd have to take the time to try and figure it out. That's exactly what he is doing.

Chill man. We know you're upset but this one thing isn't going to change how this 4 year old game is run. And us players, I assume, don't want it to be changed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

G

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Poor sad snek

G

I am down for finding her and bringing her home but not at the expense of Enkidel's mind.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Joke votes represent that little voice in the back of your mind that whispers "do a flip human being" when you get near a ledge. Sadly they are a real and dangerous part of Enkidels psyche.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Travic posted:

You should be directing this anger at ish not at diog. Ish is the real problem here.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Travic posted:

Diogines posted:

I understand why you don't like the response, but I can't give a different one.

Diogines posted:

I understand your position Travic and appreciate it but I can't elaborate further.

Diog does care, and you're not anyone's plaything. I think you're overreacting to what is a difference in opinion here, and to reiterate: it's not that nobody is listening, or that nobody cares, or that people just don't understand what you're trying to say. None of those things are true. It's that other people value different things than you, and as you can see from thread response, from each other. It really sounds like you DO believe Diogenes is just loving with people to be a dick, and loving with you in particular, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Like, look over your responses here:

Travic posted:

If in any of the role playing games I've ever played someone asked the DM a question and the response was "I dunno you tell me." He'd be out on his rear end so fast your head would spin.

Travic posted:

Why? Why? Why? Why are you fighting me? I'm trying to improve the game. I'm trying to help everyone and everyone is fighting me. It makes no sense.

Travic posted:

It's like the world went insane overnight.

I know these are familiar to you, because they were made in response to emotions that you're feeling, but try looking at it objectively, like literally spend fifteen seconds attempting to. Your responses are unwarranted both for the situation, and for what's at stake here, which is nothing. An awful lot of people think you should chill, and it's not a dismissive or douchey thing to say. I legitimately believe your life would be better if you relaxed on this issue.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Azuth0667 posted:

You should be directing this anger at ish not at diog. Ish is the real problem here.

Glad to see there's still one constant in the thread :v:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hexenritter posted:

Glad to see there's still one constant in the thread :v:

Much like I cannot help putting AC20 rounds into the back of gold mechs I also cannot help but, spread the truth about ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Azuth0667 posted:

He does deserve aseveral swift kicks in the nuts.

John Lee posted:

Diog does care, and you're not anyone's plaything. I think you're overreacting to what is a difference in opinion here, and to reiterate: it's not that nobody is listening, or that nobody cares, or that people just don't understand what you're trying to say. None of those things are true. It's that other people value different things than you, and as you can see from thread response, from each other. It really sounds like you DO believe Diogenes is just loving with people to be a dick, and loving with you in particular, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Like, look over your responses here:

I know these are familiar to you, because they were made in response to emotions that you're feeling, but try looking at it objectively, like literally spend fifteen seconds attempting to. Your responses are unwarranted both for the situation, and for what's at stake here, which is nothing. An awful lot of people think you should chill, and it's not a dismissive or douchey thing to say. I legitimately believe your life would be better if you relaxed on this issue.

It's not just this issue. This is years of anger and frustration and the straw that broke the camel's back. Diog is intentionally loving us over. How could this thread possibly go 4 years and we still don't know who our father is? How? It is impossible. It has been our single most important goal the entire game. Ever since we learned it was not Shushem. We ask everyone we can and get nothing. I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere. Bareen and Jesbaam "said" they knew, but I doubt that. But where was Amok? Months from civilization in a death zone in a sealed sarcophagus, in a magically sealed tomb, guarded by a hunger demon, down a staircase under a magic layer of rock, under tons of dirt. Which we only found because of Snarls. And when we achieved the impossible what happened? Diog took him away after five minutes despite how Q&A time is designed. Q&A time is very well established as "Ask as many questions as you want. Time is not a factor." To keep us from learning anything. He changed the rules so we wouldn't learn anything. This is a symptom of us being run around in circles. Amok could have told in 3 seconds.

Add in to that recently I asked Ishamal a question that was well within his ability to answer. I asked a question about safety. Something he has always been open about. No magic. No funny business. No divine revelations. Stonewalled.

And all of this is before the recent trolling. Remember when we got back from Gebek? Diog made a big deal about "Secrets. You guys want some secrets? Ishamal: Do you think he's ready? Tudiya: I do he is ready for the truths." Followed by us being told Ur was attacked on the Jubilee. Fuckin what?

And the thing that is driving me even more insane is well respected people in the thread are saying, "Yeah that sucks. We wish it was different. But we don't want to change it." That's madness. If you don't like something stand up! Be counted! Fix it! Don't just slink off and accept it.