Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheManWithNoName posted:

Don't tell me you'd take a chicken bake over a burger!

It wasn't what he said. It was how he said it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I just cut the muffins in half. Then it's like getting two dozen ~320 calorie muffins. Most go straight into the freezer as soon as I get home so they don't go bad.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
My Costco is trying to rotate its hard liquor, and you know what that means! Costco clearances!

Hennessy VSOP Privilege: $28
Macallan Gold and Macallan 15 year Fine Oak, in a dumb watch holder case thing: $59!!!

Costco clearances are the poo poo.

Orty
May 14, 2007

The nearest Costco to me is 2 hours away. There have been rumors of one being built in my city for 5+ years now, but nothing has happened. Leaving Winco and Sam's Club as the only options here.

I hold out hope that one day I can experience a Costco dog (with drink and refills) for a buck fifty.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Orty posted:

The nearest Costco to me is 2 hours away. There have been rumors of one being built in my city for 5+ years now, but nothing has happened. Leaving Winco and Sam's Club as the only options here.

I hold out hope that one day I can experience a Costco dog (with drink and refills) for a buck fifty.

As someone with access to both winco and costco I can say that winco is usually a better on fresh fruits/veg/meat, costco is only particularly good at disposable/boxed/frozen stuff which is fine as a supplement but should not make up the actual core of your diet.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Costco is the best. I've made three cross-country road trips and each time I take the time to stock the poo poo out of my car with delicious snacks. Also, since coming back to California I have been blessed by Poke Fridays and limitless tri tip. But there is nothing better than braving the food court line in order to feast on a buck fifty hot dog and drink. I do miss the carne asada bakes though, those were pretty decent. The new fruit smoothie is surprisingly good and healthy enough.

Also, my store is #420. Blaze (and praise) it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Orty posted:

Winco loving rules and is the only grocery store I shop at outside getting my necessities at the Costco

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah i did a doubletake when I read the sign, I dunno if they just mold a pizza shaped object out of grease or something but even cheap poo poo like dominos is less intense than that. Honestly not even that filling either which is why you see people in the food court with two slices all the time. The dogs otoh are actually p reasonble if you get one of the diet drinks with it, like obviously not nutritionally sound but you feel p satisfied with one and it's less than 500.

We put a lot of cheese on those pizzas and the slices you are getting are (as said by someone else) double slices of what you take home. For reference we put 1.5 pounds of cheese on a full cheese pizza and 14 ounces on the others.

Source: I work in a Costco food court

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sandball posted:

We put a lot of cheese on those pizzas and the slices you are getting are (as said by someone else) double slices of what you take home. For reference we put 1.5 pounds of cheese on a full cheese pizza and 14 ounces on the others.

Totally makes sense on why they are so good, but yeah that's why when the gf and I hit costco we split a slice. I'd be down if they halved the slices and sold em like that but it's just way too decadent for one man.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sandball posted:

Holy poo poo we have one of the chosen ones here guys.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It wasn't what he said. It was how he said it. :(

The chicken bake is pretty crappy, especially when there are other, better bakes like the earlier mentioned carne asada or the bulgogi bake.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

The chicken bake is pretty crappy, especially when there are other, better bakes like the earlier mentioned carne asada or the bulgogi bake.

I've never had it. I've only had the brat and of course the dog. Not even sure we have the chicken bake to be honest. No way in hell we'd get cool poo poo like bulgogi in Wisconsin.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Orty posted:

Winco is good they also have $5 rotisseries (in multiple flavors) and a good bulk section. The other day I bought 55 cents worth of chocolate covered gummy bears to pretend like I have self control.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

How many costco probiotic gummies is it safe to eat in a sitting?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
i really like winco but half the time i buy produce there it fuckin rots within the week

anyway we had a spontaneous trip to the 'co today and i bought some fuckin sketchers for literally half the price they'd be anywhere else also sampled some korean bbq pork jerky and aussie bites (the aussie bites are very good you should buy em)

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The pizza is 700 calories but it's quite filling so if I get a slice I won't eat anything else for most of the day. It's not difficult to keep track of the calories you eat throughout the day and if you regularly exercise then a slice of pizza once and awhile isn't going to make you a bedbound whale.

Plus a dog is still like 500 calories without a soda so who cares. Nobody's going to the Costco food court to stick to their diet lol.

naem
May 29, 2011

sandball posted:

I work in a Costco food court

Holy poo poo we have one of the chosen ones here guys.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Harald posted:

Do not stray from the recommended 4 per day, friend. That way leads to suffering.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sandball posted:

:worship:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

naem
May 29, 2011

meet girls at the store posted:

Do not stray from the recommended 4 per day, friend. That way leads to suffering.

Another good username is: meat girls, at the store

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The food court people are good, hard workers and we are honored sir.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I respect the food court workers the most bc those are the new workers mostly

(i had a job interview @ costco once but i was not worthy. my mother in law works there tho)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheManWithNoName posted:

Don't tell me you'd take a chicken bake over a burger!
Chicken bakes are good, scuzznuts. PBUC

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

and aussie bites (the aussie bites are very good you should buy em)

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
How are the lemon bites so good :thunk:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Harald posted:

The more you eat, the more I sell, so probably the whole thing would be safe to eat. Please enjoy a bottle with your hotdog (and free refill).

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Winco produce is sadly garbage. You're usually pretty safe if you're buying what's in season though

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eh, not doing so well atm. Bad couple of weeks. I seem to make it about a month or so before I can't deal with the crazy brain stuff and then start drinking again to slow everything back down. I'll get back on track very soon.

what in your life could be so bad that you feel the need to get fat again with booze

i mean come on man you live in america for chrissakes

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Is this a joke or what

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Eh, not doing so well atm. Bad couple of weeks. I seem to make it about a month or so before I can't deal with the crazy brain stuff and then start drinking again to slow everything back down. I'll get back on track very soon.

If you have a drinking problem, there is no amount of alcohol that is okay to have.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teikanmi posted:

what in your life could be so bad that you feel the need to get fat again with booze

Bipolar sort of makes some of my brain decisions for me. It kind of sucks. Like..... really bad. Bigly bad. Bad to the point where I can't currently work. ECT bad.

Taima posted:

Is this a joke or what

Yeah, honestly doesn't help my situation.

Peachfart posted:

If you have a drinking problem, there is no amount of alcohol that is okay to have.

The #1 worst thing for bipolar disorder is drinking. And here I am, like a loving idiot, still using it as a medication.

pro-tip to myself: It doesn't work well as a medication you idiot. Stop it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
As a fresh bi polarist I know those feels all too well, friend. Costco speed to you!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

As a fresh bi polarist I know those feels all too well, friend. Costco speed to you!

:smith::unsmith::unsmigghh::smithicide::respek::smithicide::unsmigghh::unsmith::smith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 17, 2017

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice

The #1 worst thing for bipolar disorder is drinking. And here I am, like a loving idiot, still using it as a medication.

pro-tip to myself: It doesn't work well as a medication you idiot. Stop it.

Nah you're not dumb, it's really hard to break habits. In fact science says it's impossible, you have to replace old habits with new ones, and if it was easy to adopt new habits everyone would be ripped, have no vices, etc etc. As long as you keep making tiny steps it's progress.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Went today, turned my executive check into a new toaster oven and also bought 170 dollars worth of groceries which should feed the family for the next week very easily

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Kirkland organic peanut butter is so good, we make sure none goes to waste in this household.

He long ago mastered the open mouth to reach to bottom of the jar technique. He doesn't even leave any teeth marks behind.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GI_Clutch posted:

Kirkland organic peanut butter is so good, we make sure none goes to waste in this household.

He long ago mastered the open mouth to reach to bottom of the jar technique. He doesn't even leave any teeth marks behind.

A good, and smart doggie. :3:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the Kingdom of Costco is for all creatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Thinkin bout........ That dog