Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

it's 1490 and the great b-ball paradise of Neo New York under the guidance of grand syndic has slammed and jammed its way from 100 dev to 920 and is the #1 great power in the world and it rules and the flag is a basketball

I love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just started Breath of the Wild.

It seems all right but it's gotten a lot of hype behind it, I don't know if it's going to live up to that

It's good, but definitely won't live up to the insane hype from nintendo fans

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Counterpoint: it's extremely good and in my opinion the best 3d Zelda game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Botw might be my favorite game

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's good but judging a game in relation to online hype, especially when it's one focused on exploration over a long runtime, is never gonna be a good time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Botw is the best zelda game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Breath of the win????

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think they should have called it Breadth of the Wild.

Cause it's an open world.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Girth of the Wild

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I honestly think the thing that's hurting BOTW right now in comparison to Horizon is that I played Horizon on the best game controller ever made and I'm playing Zelda on these weird pickle things where the sticks are asymmetrical and the face buttons are directly below them, and it strains my thumbs to constantly switch from one to the other. The Joycon grip helps a little bit but I don't want to have to spend 60 dollars on top of the 300 I just spent just to have a controller that doesn't feel like mush. I hope with a few more hours I can get used to this

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
If Metal Gear Solid ever get ported to Steam, obviously we would want 2 to be Substance and 3 to be Subsistense but what about 1? OG PSX or Twin Snakes?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
both

not that it really even matters, mgs2, 3 and 4 are the only ones that would actually be important. gamecube emulation has twin snakes covered, and mgs1 is a ps1 game, so all that's really important would be 2 and 3 not needing super good computers and 4

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 17, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twin Sneks wouldn't happen without removing all the Nintendo references anyway.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Ah... I can see into your mind...

So, you like Huniepop?

I see that you enjoy titty games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Twin Snakes was released in that golden age of gaming where people thought the Gamecube would do well, so they developed prestige games for a good console instead of the PS2.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i bought the nintendo switch i am extremely looking forward to the paint game with the squids from maryo

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Had to take my 10 month old to the ER because all of the urgent cares that accept my insurance are closed, who wants to donate to my gofundme?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yikes

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Colonel posted:

both

not that it really even matters, mgs2, 3 and 4 are the only ones that would actually be important. gamecube emulation has twin snakes covered, and mgs1 is a ps1 game, so all that's really important would be 2 and 3 not needing super good computers and 4

2 technically exists on PC already. It's a godawful port though.

Twin Snakes emulation had issues with the Codec conversations last I checked, but that was a while ago.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I actually bought a dodgy Hong Kong copy of this because I loved MGS2 so much I'd love to play it in a slightly higher res. Worked, but yeah the port was awful.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I honestly think the thing that's hurting BOTW right now in comparison to Horizon is that I played Horizon on the best game controller ever made and I'm playing Zelda on these weird pickle things where the sticks are asymmetrical and the face buttons are directly below them, and it strains my thumbs to constantly switch from one to the other. The Joycon grip helps a little bit but I don't want to have to spend 60 dollars on top of the 300 I just spent just to have a controller that doesn't feel like mush. I hope with a few more hours I can get used to this

lol what? How does it strain your thumb more than using the awful layout on the ps4 controller with the weird as gently caress too tall analog sticks? You have to constantly move your thumb using any controller that has two analogs :confused:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the joy cons are fine but lets get real if you are playing any nintendo console since the wii without a pro controller you are loving up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't had any problems with any modern controller. All of them are fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

And yet still I must, for I am compelled. At least I still have the save state.

It's worth it

Spirit Tracks has some big flaws (the flute never gave me trouble but the train was tedious after a while) but the dungeons are still fun and the final part of the game is just great. I dunno how the flute can be messed with in emulation but I'm sure there has to be some way to trigger the microphone during those bits. Don't worry about being super precise with it, just make sure to match up the right tones at the right times.

The ending part in spirit tracks where you play the duet and you get to hear all of the songs together was awesome.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

The ending part in spirit tracks where you play the duet and you get to hear all of the songs together was awesome.

Somehow I never failed that one in particular so I like it a lot.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Andrast posted:

I hear the Steam controller is garbage and that's modern

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jay Rust posted:

I'm playing Europa Universalis 4 right now

It is, how you say.....
Good?

I am on the verge of buying this and/or HoI4 but I always stop because I feel like as soon as I buy it there will be a better bundle deal or collection of expansion DLC.

Would it kill them to put out a 'gold' edition or something? I feel like Paradox's giant lists of available DLC probably scare off more people than they know, even though I know a lot of them are cosmetic.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Wow your avatar changed quick. What was with the rogue one you had for a bit? Something you didn't pick out?

I have real trouble picking an avatar. I'm not good enough to make one I like. I am thinking of offering a prize or two to someone who makes me an avatar but I'm not sure if I should offer it in Games or an samart thread or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I have real trouble picking an avatar. I'm not good enough to make one I like. I am thinking of offering a prize or two to someone who makes me an avatar but I'm not sure if I should offer it in Games or an samart thread or something.

In the words of the ancients, the cock is strongest on his own poo poo pile.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Andrast posted:

Pretty much. I have a intense hatred for the 360 controller because it became the de facto PC gamepad you'd have to use when its d-pad is so abysmal but everything else is fine.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm playing Breath of the Wild really late but wow this game has so much that just hits my tastes spot on when it comes to game design. There could be a bit more dungeons and a bit less shrines but I love that the game runs with giving you your full entire moveset from the very beginning so everything can be designed around it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

In the words of the ancients, the cock is strongest on his own poo poo pile.

Does that mean I should ask in Games? I've never heard of that phrase. :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Post it in games, Games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Yes. Its ok I dont think its been in use for a few thousand years.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I also played botw with the greatest controller ever put to hand, the wii u pro controller

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

Maybe we should make an official av thread. That way it wouldn't be only for you but for other people too. I made one in The Imp Zone years ago.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Twin Snakes emulation had issues with the Codec conversations last I checked, but that was a while ago.

dolphin has issues with the codec screen backgrounds, but that's basically it. it's a lot more playable than it was a few years ago, and it's an avoidable issue if you don't care about playing in higher resolutions.

i tried playing the mgs2 pc port once, and it might have worked, if the audio wasn't inaudibly quiet

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

How does everyone go about meeting well-adjusted people to play multi-player games with? Or are you expected to adjust to the constant hostility if you don't have a group of friends available to play with you? I've lost count of the number of times I went to send a friend request to someone after a rousing duel in Dark Souls only to discover something horrifying about them. In games with text-based chat my interactions often begin and end with people using hateful slurs. My personal experiences combined with the gaming community's questionable reputation have made me increasingly anxious to the point where I'm concerned I've become too sensitive, but at the same time, I don't want to spend my spare time with people who get their jollies from disparaging various minority groups. It may just be that video games are something I'll have to enjoy on my own.

I know I probably sound spineless, and a comedy forum largely born from a shared interest in making fun of people may be the worst place to ask something like this, but I really have no idea where else to go. Nobody I know in real life has enough interest in video games to have any sort of opinion about this.

basalt fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Your best bet for playing multiplayer with well-adjusted people is playing with goons, that's how dire things are.

• Locked thread