Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

D, because honestly this seems like a much cooler quest than hanging out in Kavodel.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Good job goons you made sad snek cry. Again

Bravo voters, bravo

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

You will be stomped flat. Full stop.

An earthquake is occurring as this thing cries in grief and smashes around the chamber it is in. This thing is larger than Zepath.

What the gently caress? Like, the entire city could fit in the chamber we are in right now? That's insanely large.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Mr. Nemo posted:

What the gently caress? Like, the entire city could fit in the chamber we are in right now? That's insanely large.
The Orm's width is slightly less than the size of the pit. That is its circumference. Adjust its length to scale for a snake.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

the_steve posted:

Assuming it wasn't "HER" that did the saving.
There is still that possibility that SHE left for a reason.

C - Look, friend, I swear that I don't know. I have never heard of her before today. Take some deep breaths and calm down so we can talk.

I think it was the Orm and I think that there might be to something to the 7bird theory.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
D. We're a goddamn hero, we help our friends out when they need our help. We might cause a huge catastrophe trying to get these two snakes back together but we also don't usually care about consequences because we're a hero.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C + "I am newly hatched! I don't know who, please. Lets go slow! Maybe I have seen her, teach me about her!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hellsau posted:

D. We're a goddamn hero, we help our friends out when they need our help. We might cause a huge catastrophe trying to get these two snakes back together but we also don't usually care about consequences because we're a hero.

What was I thinking?? Change my vote from C to D

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
D
Enkidel needs assurances and resources if he is to take up the search.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Azuth0667 posted:

I think it was the Orm and I think that there might be to something to the 7bird theory.

That is also a possibility.

Maybe that was the deal Azz made to secure its help?
"Look, I promise I will look for her. AND, as long as you first fly over Tanaach, we will give you permission to leave the hole for 5 minutes to search yourself! Aim for the big tentacly horror though, that's a must."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed. Give me a bit.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

My name is Enkidel, I am the next heir of Zepa. You saved me at Tanaach and I came to thank you for it. Azzazel has been a friend of mine for most of my life, but I am not officially one of "his". Can you tell me your story? I do not know who you are looking for or why, but I would like to help however I can.

voting this

Edit: gently caress, would have voted d. I'm behind

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Maybe Azz visits him on the Jubilee and we are therefore early.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I really hope every word from the Orm isn't draining our [???] as we resist.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

I really hope every word from the Orm isn't draining our [???] as we resist.

You're draining my [???] With every post.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

You're draining my [???] With every post.

eat me

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

we are not allowed to do that itt anymore.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

oh honey

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

don't stop

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

The Orm's width is slightly less than the size of the pit. That is its circumference. Adjust its length to scale for a snake.

The Orm is between 3 and 9 kilometers long. For some reason finding the length-circumference ratio for snakes is way too difficult. That's huge, but I'm not sure it's city sized huge.

*goes to wolfram alpha* Holy poo poo, if the Orm made a circle it cold enclose about 3/4 of Manhattan? That doesn't seem right.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Mr. Nemo posted:

The Orm is between 3 and 9 kilometers long. For some reason finding the length-circumference ratio for snakes is way too difficult. That's huge, but I'm not sure it's city sized huge.

Diog has said the snake is bigger than zepath.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Nyaa posted:

Diog has said the snake is bigger than zepath.

That's...that's exactly what I was checking? Like, I changed my mind in the part you chose not to quote.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Is about to suggest you do one more calculation....

Mr. Nemo posted:

*goes to wolfram alpha* Holy poo poo, if the Orm made a circle it cold enclose about 3/4 of Manhattan? That doesn't seem right.
No longer needs to.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

What part of stupendously huge divine creature of myth aren't you guys getting?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

It is a stupendously huge creature of myth.

I've run out of ways to describe how ridiculously absurdly enormous huge this creature is.

To give you an idea of the scale of the size of this creature.

B-I-G

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

D even though voting is closed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Would you say it's... notorious?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

McSpanky posted:

Would you say it's... notorious?

Notorious S N E K

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slaan posted:

Notorious S N E K

Are you okay Slaan? You haven't voted for us to try to eat it yet.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Before replying to the snake's question, Eat The Black Goop.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You tell the monumental-sized being before you that "My name is Enkidel. I am the next heir of Zepa. You saved me at Tanaach and I came to thank you for it. Azzazel has been a friend of mine for most of my life, but I am not officially one of "his". Can you tell me your story?"

"She.... she isn't coming!?"

The cavern shakes as the Orm thrashes in grief and lets out a loud mournful cry!

Pictured Above: An image more properly reflecting the size of the Orm. Though it does resemble the other picture, it is significantly larger.

You grab the wall and try to keep your footing as an earthquake rocks the area. Ruins and rubble in the chambers you came from just became even more rubble-ish.

"Why why why why why why can't she just c-c-c-come home!" cries out the Orm in its grief. The entire countryside trembles and shakes. There is no one even remotely in the area but considering the way the earth is shaking you can't be sure that this isn't being felt in Rimmath or Gezer anyway!

The earth shakes as the Orm's whails its grief like a mighty storm.

You do your best to calm the Orm down and shout that it will be okay! You are a friend of Azzazzel! You are Zepa's heir! Just stop crying and destroying every tree for many miles! Pretty please! It is HURTING you!

And at that, it is like a great storm has suddenly ceased. The titanically-collosal creature stops thrashing then moves in ways which don't seem entirely natural or make any sense even to your more-than-mortal senses. It moves its head along its coils(and even jumps between them) and when it reaches a body segment closest to you, the segment splits its half, becoming a new "neck" and the former "neck" rejoins the rest of its body in a move which causes your head to ache a bit to watch it occur. Seeing it happen a second time does not help in the slightest.

"I'm sorry!" cries out the mountainous beast, tears streaming down its face, its mighty voice causing the Roots of the Earth to Shake. You immediately forgive the creature for its conduct(or feel a strong urge to anyway!) Snakes do not produce tears, but they are not usually this big either. Or obviously supernatural in nature. Then, looking a bit... embarrassed it lowers its tone significantly and says "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Unless you are a Danger. You aren't a Danger, are you?"

A being capable of destroying cities just asked you if you are a Danger and made clear it didn't intend to hurt you unless you were a "Danger". You know it is capable of destroying cities because you watched it destroy a city as an apparent side effect of what it was actually planning to do, apparently kill a giant sea demon? Without a moment's hesitation you assure the giant creature that "I'm not a Danger, no."

Shaker of Lands, Resident of the Pit, Destroyer of Dooms-of-Tanaach, the Orm: "Azzazzel didn't send you?'

Enkidel: "No. But I was at Tanaach and you saved me. I came to thank you."

Shaker of Lands, Resident of the Pit, Destroyer of Dooms-of-Tanaach, the Orm: "You're welcome."

The Sorrowful Serpent looks a bit embarrassed and then just sort of... stares at you for a long moment as if it is going to say something. But it does not. You cough once.

Shaker of Lands, Resident of the Pit, Destroyer of Dooms-of-Tanaach, the Orm: "No one ever comes but Azzazel and his students. How did you get in? Can you help me find her?"

Nearly fifty years ago a being of tremendous power destroyed the armies of the people of Tanaach and it appears, sent to flight or defeated the Melachim at that city? A being of nightmares and an eater of souls. The Orm arrived and destroyed that terrible horror. And Tanaach. And the land Tanaach rested upon. And a large portion of the countryside nearby for many, many miles. Azzazel claimed that the ability of the "friend" he was sending to "help" was "limited". Not in destructive scope it appears. A hundred arrows of Esau would not put a dent into what you saw the Orm do that day. Amok claimed divinity and this creature has not yet made such a claim but given the power of this thing and the fact it is larger than the city of Zepath there is a strong hint in that direction. It also seems significantly less stable than Amok. Or almost any person you've ever met. Yet you have managed to open a dialogue with the Orm without having your mind over-written or dying. The fact that you have even reached this place is patently ridiculous given the fact that the depth of this pit was greater than the height of most skyscrappers and totally unclimmable.

You can ask this creature whatever questions you wish. Normal Q&A rules are modified given the... special nature of the individual you are talking to. All normal rules apply except that time is not "frozen" and you won't get the benefit of being able to ask many questions without them effecting the being you are talking to. Obviously inflammatory questions won't get asked unless you get the support of others as normal. Sharing information will also require the support of others, as normal. It looks pretty clear that the mental stability of the creature you are dealing with is... questionable. You may want to be put great consideration into what you say.

If someone asks a seemingly not-inflammatory question you think is a problem, state why you think it is problematic and it might be kicked into a minivote.

A vote will go up at some point after you have a chance to chat with the Orm.

[....]

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Travic's Awesome Paradise Lost Index: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=4080&perpage=40#post473373440 Note that I did not contribute at all to the descriptions, they were his thoughts on events, not mine!

One of our players made a wiki about the game: http://sa-diogines.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_Lost_CYOA_Wiki It has various bits of information, some of it is spot on, other bits are very wrong. If you find it difficult to keep track of the growing number of names and places in our game, the wiki has a good list.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 18, 2017

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ask the Orm if it would like us to visit again in the future.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
preemptive "no" on telling Orm we are a Nephilim.

E: Azz has students?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ask Snarls if he is OK

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

How is our [???] at the moment?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Ask the Orm if it would like us to visit again in the future.

The shaker-of-mountains says to you "Yes! I get lonely. But can you find her first? Please? Do you anyone who can?"

Sogol posted:

preemptive "no" on telling Orm we are a Nephilim.
We don't usually allow "no" voting but in this instance you can vote to exclude facts or topics or areas of inquiry if you like.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
"His students"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

How is our [???] at the moment?
Checking will require more concentration than you can must unless you want to lower your mental defenses.