Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

peepsalot posted:

Ok, so I meet that R19 requirement.

When it says 1000 excavations, do I need exactly that many?

I have no idea what else I could be doing wrong.

I'm not that far yet, but you need to meet all the requirements and have the spell upgrade bought while doing the things needed for the challenge, that's something I've stumbled over a few times. So you probably need to already have 1000 excavations when you start the sequence of lightning strikes.
Apologies if that is an obvious scrub tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Emron posted:

I had issues with that one too. Following what's on the wiki worked for me:

1.Buy Max Farms, Max Inns, Max Blacksmiths, and Max Deep Mines. > Cast Grand Balance
2.Buy Max Stone Pillars and Max Alchy Labs > Cast Grand Balance
3.Buy Max Monasteries, Max Labys, and Max Iron Strongholds > Cast Grand Balance.

Ok, this strategy worked eventually, thanks.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

peepsalot posted:

Ok, this strategy worked eventually, thanks.

If I remember right, it was "across 3 casts" I was getting wrong. I think it has to target those buildings, in that order, in exactly 3 casts.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
For Dragon challenge 2, it says I need Dragon Bloodline.

Does this mean I need to purchase the Dragon Bloodline from the upgrade at the beginning of the run? Or is going Dragons and taking A400 to get the Dragon bloodline for free sufficient? I spent overnight grinding out Grand Balance casts to get the druid artifact, and if I can roll that time over towards DC2 that would be handy.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Coca Koala posted:

For Dragon challenge 2, it says I need Dragon Bloodline.

Does this mean I need to purchase the Dragon Bloodline from the upgrade at the beginning of the run? Or is going Dragons and taking A400 to get the Dragon bloodline for free sufficient? I spent overnight grinding out Grand Balance casts to get the druid artifact, and if I can roll that time over towards DC2 that would be handy.

You need to take the bloodline, A400 doesn't count.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I remember the way to do that one was to go druid with the dragon line, take A400 for the druid bonus but hold off on becoming a dragon until you complete the challenge.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

You need to take the bloodline, A400 doesn't count.

Ah, drat. Oh well; time passes ever onwards.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

I remember the way to do that one was to go druid with the dragon line, take A400 for the druid bonus but hold off on becoming a dragon until you complete the challenge.

This is the trick. Just go dragon right before completing the challenge.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I just finished R82 and unlocked the Geneologist secret trophy (300 total points in lineages, although realistically that means 'all lineages at L25'). That helps quite a bit with breaking through the Undead/Faceless Spvg -> 10 Ocvg wall. I'm at about 1.5 hours into R83 and I'm pretty close to hitting Merc research.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Does the W400 bonus count toward the 150,000 building requirement on Dragon 6?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It should yeah.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

It should yeah.

Thank God. Time to get that sweet, sweet prismatic breath.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

does perfect tower ever get more idle-y

e: oh it looks like it can auto restart for lower rewards. either this is new or i completely overlooked it last time i tried.

baram. fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 15, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Perfect Tower is yet another idle game that gives me a WebGL space error, so I'll have to give it a miss.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

baram. posted:

does perfect tower ever get more idle-y

e: oh it looks like it can auto restart for lower rewards. either this is new or i completely overlooked it last time i tried.

You overlooked it. Also runs take bloody ages as you get built up and try to chug through thousands of levels.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yep that's how I did it

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Apparently Realm Grinder is live on steam now, FYI http://store.steampowered.com/app/610080/Realm_Grinder/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's weird having so much screen space and a responsive UI.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm trying to break into Neutral Research on R25, but the upgrade to buy it costs e105 while I can only get to about e73 without mercs or research. Is there a thing I'm missing or should I just grind to my reincarnation requirements, and then do it before reincarnating?

Falcon2001 posted:

Apparently Realm Grinder is live on steam now, FYI http://store.steampowered.com/app/610080/Realm_Grinder/

It is and it allows importing your Kongregate cloud save! Unlocked all but the last achievements instantly, haha. :haw:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

In general you should assume you need to be at or near reincarnation requirements before you can unlock new stuff with coins. Or at least it's a good idea. More gems will make you do everything faster.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Merijn posted:

It is and it allows importing your Kongregate cloud save! Unlocked all but the last achievements instantly, haha. :haw:

I imported my save, but it didn't transfer the two IAP gifts I bought. Hopefully that will be added in soon, because the steam version kicks the balls off the web one. One thing I did notice is that the fonts on the building bar are blurry as hell, but carefully stretching the window will get rid of that. I made mine almos the same size as the web box, and it's nice and crisp again.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

frankenbeans posted:

I imported my save, but it didn't transfer the two IAP gifts I bought. Hopefully that will be added in soon, because the steam version kicks the balls off the web one. One thing I did notice is that the fonts on the building bar are blurry as hell, but carefully stretching the window will get rid of that. I made mine almos the same size as the web box, and it's nice and crisp again.

To get the gifts to come over, you need to sync your kong account with the steam version.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Eminai posted:

To get the gifts to come over, you need to sync your kong account with the steam version.

As I found out the hard way, you also need to have the steam ap open when you sync (I closed it and then hit connect and it wouldn't work), and to get your IAPs over you have to shut and reload the steam version, they didn't show up until after the restart for me. Also curse you all for getting me back into playing this again. Coming back to like 6 months of faceless time was nice though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Falcon2001 posted:

Oh sweet, I no longer need to get Flash Player back up. Danke.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

no linux version :qq:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

On the last gem wall before R75 (e88 gems), and hoo boy does it suck even with T6 everything.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Eminai posted:

Oh snap, I didn't realise you could do that. Thanks.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I unlocked research and now I'm a bit lost. How many upgrades do I need until vanilla factions start pulling ahead of lightning forge? And are there any required upgrades that I definitely need to get ASAP?
Also, will goblin be the best faction for making gems? Cause their building production increases as you get coins, which seems quite good on paper.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You need to unlock almost all research before it actually gets better than mercenaries, and if you skip any you'll have to do them later because almost all later researches require two previous ones to unlock.

IIRC you can coast on pretty much any faction until you get close to neutral research but once it does slow down I think goblins are indeed the best.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sindai posted:

You need to unlock almost all research before it actually gets better than mercenaries, and if you skip any you'll have to do them later because almost all later researches require two previous ones to unlock.

IIRC you can coast on pretty much any faction until you get close to neutral research but once it does slow down I think goblins are indeed the best.

I hope by "almost all" you mean almost all the research that I can actually unlock at this point because I can only put 136 RP per tree.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Right. R16 takes a few days but then you zoom through the next few Rs very quickly because research unlocks are permanent and you can switch from mercs to vanilla research much earlier than you did in R16.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 17, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GrossMurpel posted:

I unlocked research and now I'm a bit lost. How many upgrades do I need until vanilla factions start pulling ahead of lightning forge? And are there any required upgrades that I definitely need to get ASAP?
Also, will goblin be the best faction for making gems? Cause their building production increases as you get coins, which seems quite good on paper.

http://musicfamily.org/realm/R16Guide/

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
So I finally got Mercs and followed a template for Lightning Forge, and holy poo poo they rack up gems.

I'm sad because it takes so long in a reincarnation to get to Mercs, and then in like five minutes, I'm ready for the next reincarnation.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

This is still mostly incomprehensible.
"E30 E50 W25 (A10) Use Goblin with Titan Bloodline or Faceless Bloodline " Does that mean I should unlock E30 with goblins? What did I even unlock D50 for if it doesn't want me to go Elf? Am I supposed to get these 1000 exchanges just from excavations?

Axiem posted:

So I finally got Mercs and followed a template for Lightning Forge, and holy poo poo they rack up gems.

I'm sad because it takes so long in a reincarnation to get to Mercs, and then in like five minutes, I'm ready for the next reincarnation.

Hah don't worry it'll slow down. Don't forget to get the Know Your Enemy artifact (excavate while having one upgrade of each faction).

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 17, 2017

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

GrossMurpel posted:

"E30 E50 W25 (A10) Use Goblin with Titan Bloodline or Faceless Bloodline " Does that mean I should unlock E30 with goblins? What did I even unlock D50 for if it doesn't want me to go Elf? Am I supposed to get these 1000 exchanges just from excavations?

I think that it's saying that in order to unlock E30, E50, and W25, go Goblin with Titan or Faceless bloodline. Goblins are good at producing faction coins, which is what you need for E30 and E50 (since faction coins is how you get royal exchanges), and W25 just requires time as an evil faction.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I'm trying to play Realm Grinder on my phone but the offline/total play time is really strange for it. I'm trying to pick up the trophy for being within 1 minute of playtime for each faction and it feels like the timers sometimes aren't incrementing when it seems like they should.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

GrossMurpel posted:

Hah don't worry it'll slow down. Don't forget to get the Know Your Enemy artifact (excavate while having one upgrade of each faction).

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/562011 is a pretty good guide to research. The wiki also has all the details http://realm-grinder.wikia.com/wiki/Research

The basic idea of research is a few steps. First for each faction you need to do a quest to unlock their unique research building. For example to unlock fairies you need to play faeries without dwarves, get 2250 farms and buy the fairy quest upgrade to unlock their unique building. Then buy the Enchanted Field upgrade (their unique building). Then buy the Spellweavery upgrade to unlock the Spellcraft research tree. You need to do those steps for each faction. You need a fair bit of gold and FCs to do this so you want to take LF to a pretty high gem level. Once you have a research tree unlocked its available for any research faction. So you unlock Spellcraft with fairies and then do goblin research and you will have Spellcraft available too.

After you have a research tree unlocked you need to buy the research points in it. Again this takes a fair bit of gold and FCs. Each point will increase that factions production and at certain points you will reveal research upgrades. For spellcraft they are S1, S10, S30, S50 and so on. The letter is what tree it is and the number is how many points. Once you have a research upgrade revealed you need to do something to unlock it. The first upgrade in each tree is unlocked just by getting that faction's research started. So once you buy the enchanted fields upgrade and the spellweavery upgrade you unlock S1. Each research upgrade has a requirement. Some need a specific faction and some just need a specific condition. To unlock S10 you need to play as angels (with their research unlocked) and have 2000 heaven's gates (the angel unique building).

Once you have a research upgrade unlocked you can use it much like faction upgrades. They cost gold to buy and you are limited in how many you can use in each tree in each abdication. It starts at 4 per tree and then there are some things that will increase that. Once a research upgrade is unlocked it will remain unlocked after abdications and reincarnations. However while all factions can use all research trees you have unlocked specific research upgrades can be limited to only some alignments or factions. Each reincarnation will increase how many RPs you can unlock in each tree which in turn allows you to unlock more research upgrades.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I'm near the end of R23 and finally decided to do W50 research, the requirement being to play as evil for 2 days...
so boring.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
A little tip from someone in R25: after you're done with 2 days of evil, work towards 5 days with each neutral faction, strong preference for faceless. There are researches that require that and the faceless one is aparently very useful. I did 4.5 days as druid and I'm working on faceless right now with a little less than 2 days left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

I'm trying to play Realm Grinder on my phone but the offline/total play time is really strange for it. I'm trying to pick up the trophy for being within 1 minute of playtime for each faction and it feels like the timers sometimes aren't incrementing when it seems like they should.

It seems like if you leave the RG app running in the background, the game still runs and counts as online, but time flows at a vastly reduced rate. If you want to rack up offline time you have to close the app.

Granted, offline time seems wonky as well. It took me way more than 36 hours to unlock Faceless, I recall.

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 18, 2017