Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So desk did an MVC:I combo vid with the demo, you be the judge on if he succeeded making it look fun and creative or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xtnb1h1aA

Personally I still think it looks dull and slow as poo poo but good effort.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

So desk did an MVC:I combo vid with the demo, you be the judge on if he succeeded making it look fun and creative or not.

might've to do with the fact that it isn't training mode? :iiam:

i wonder how many DBFZ combo vids will be filled with bruce faulconer music? :allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 17, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

"ITS SO CREATIVE!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xtnb1h1aA&t=102s

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Cis Lord posted:

Chris Gay

gently caress off.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

gently caress off.

Chris Gay

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

AndyElusive posted:

It just doesn't really look like Marvel because the screen's not full of projectiles, assists and other bullshit imo.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xtnb1h1aA&t=102s

:wtc:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The box stops pushback, it's basically as stupid as some of the xf stuff.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

AndyElusive posted:

This looks worse than I thought it would be...

attackmole posted:

It just doesn't really look like Marvel because the screen's not full of projectiles, assists and other bullshit imo.

That and the combos themselves are just do boring. The game's physics system sucks.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 17, 2017

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Dias posted:

The box stops pushback, it's basically as stupid as some of the xf stuff.

yeah but the guy glitches out at the end of the combo and flops around in the air above the box

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dhamster posted:

yeah but the guy glitches out at the end of the combo and flops around in the air above the box

Looks like mvc2-style undizzy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL at beginning your combo video with that Captain America "combo" jesus christ.

At least Thor and Chun-Li have some good combos. Rocket Raccoon seems to have hosed up hitboxes for all his attacks. Is Captain Marvel supposed to look like a complete clone of Nova? They couldn't have made her more generic if they tried. I feel like besides X and Thanos I've seen like zero new characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

Looks like mvc2-style undizzy

Yep, that's just infinite protection. It looks dumb but so does the rest of the game.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Interesting. It just looked really wacky, I thought it was a pre-release bug or something.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Hey at least t he music is really good!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJmW8KBfLA&t=222s

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

DBFZ doesn't have 2 button dash except for the homing dash attack. Normal ground and airdash is still 66 so you better grind those IAD shortcuts.

tbf from what I've seen it looks like the homing dash is the #1 to get in

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
apparently theres pushblock and snapbacks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

apparently theres pushblock and snapbacks

yeah pushblock is one of two ways to get the homing dash to gently caress off other than just hitting it with an anti-air (it's safe on regular block) and snapbacks work mostly like MvC3 down to taking a meter

you can also super speed move right next to someone for 1 bar

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah the snapback thing is important. you cant make characters fall in after a round so spending the meter for a guaranteed mixup on a more important character might be a risk people take on characters they can easily kill.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
people are going to call it teleporting but its not actual teleporting and my inner huge loving nerd is going to be like "noooo" each time

also it sucks I can't find any decent videos of Buu play

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyone know if the 4+S defelection/pushblock requires timing of any kind?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

people are going to call it teleporting but its not actual teleporting and my inner huge loving nerd is going to be like "noooo" each time

It's teleporting when Goku does it :colbert:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/876205714070319104

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

That's awesome.. I liked KI but was too annoyed by the windows store to play it

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

legit question, what defines an actual teleport and why is a dbz character disappearing and reappearing behind you for one meter not an actual teleport?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Coca Koala posted:

legit question, what defines an actual teleport and why is a dbz character disappearing and reappearing behind you for one meter not an actual teleport?

they're moving so fast it appears as teleportation, and also because the animators of dbz needed a way of padding out fights so they just zwee all over the place.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The one true "teleport" of DBZ is called Instant Transmission in English translation and it involves placing two fingers to one's forehead and concentrating (burning meter). It was learned by Goku on the planet Yardrat after he escaped from an exploding Namek. All other "teleportation" is just moving really fast (also burns meter).

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the sound of "zwee" is music to me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

The one true "teleport" of DBZ is called Instant Transmission in English translation and it involves placing two fingers to one's forehead and concentrating (burning meter). It was learned by Goku on the planet Yardrat after he escaped from an exploding Namek. All other "teleportation" is just moving really fast (also burns meter).

Supreme Kai, Cell, Buu, and Babidi can teleport too.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Supreme Kai, Cell, Buu, and Babidi can teleport too.

I hope Babidi makes the cut and he's just as weird as in Hyper DBZ (the Mugen game).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beerus and wis better be playable

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elephunk posted:

I hope Babidi makes the cut and he's just as weird as in Hyper DBZ (the Mugen game).

Agreed! He is easily my favorite character in that game. They need a "MODOK" type character, and Babidi fits perfectly. I think there is a good chance of it, because I have the feeling that Hyper DBZ inspired this game to some extent.

His 5-bar finisher should steal a team member :twisted:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I swear to god Master Roshi better be playable in DBFZ and you do the tutorial with King Kai.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
beerus is going to be slayer it's the easiest conversion they could possibly make

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
beerus would be a really good sleepy fighter/drunk boxer type character like the sleepy kid meitenkun from kofxiv, or chin from kof, or shun di from vf or nayuki in efz

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Beerus and wis better be playable

if beerus doesnt have a pudding taunt im not buyin this game

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is not a shill. Me and my brother dicked around in SFxT while drinking pop and eating chips and we had a really fun time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
on one hand I do think its super weird and dumb when people start screaming about shills when someone likes a video game they don't

on the other hand starting your tweet with THIS IS NOT A SHILL and you played the game with a pro wrestler isn't going to convinced anyone