Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Wasn't kyshenko's weight cut really loving him up for awhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Insanely sick fight alert: Kaew defends his title against Noiri in June, Takeru fights someone from Kyshenko's team, there's a 70kg tournament with a nice lineup too

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I wish all this good kickboxing wasn't happening behind vpns at 4 am

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well if you want "not Japanese" kickboxing, LionFight is this weekend on AXS TV.

Also here's a dumb plug for a Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai training discussion thread I started up because I thought this thread was just for talking about actual fights. Don't know how many of you guys do training but it's worth a shot making a thread for that stuff. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818558

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well if you want "not Japanese" kickboxing, LionFight is this weekend on AXS TV.

Also here's a dumb plug for a Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai training discussion thread I started up because I thought this thread was just for talking about actual fights. Don't know how many of you guys do training but it's worth a shot making a thread for that stuff. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818558

there's a boxing thread in ylls and a catch all fighting sports thread in a/t so i'm not sure how much traction it'll get.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marching Powder posted:

there's a boxing thread in ylls and a catch all fighting sports thread in a/t so i'm not sure how much traction it'll get.

Ah cool, didn't see them because I thought RR was the more appropriate subforum.

Edit - going to shut down the thread in RR as the other threads have some decent activity.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 27, 2017

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

K-1 have also uploaded their whole card, I haven't seen it all yet but the Takeru fight is absolutely worth your time (most of the video is him recovering from a ballbusting nutshot that you can skip through)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4bixfdUVoI&t=5s

looked like he was gonna cough a nut up

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Insanely sick fight alert: Kaew defends his title against Noiri in June

Oh my

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Insanely sick fight alert: Kaew defends his title against Noiri in June, Takeru fights someone from Kyshenko's team, there's a 70kg tournament with a nice lineup too

THIS IS IN A FEW HOURS

https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/9y3u7DuvEoo3wD (you will need a vpn to watch)

quote:

Super Welterweight Tournament (70kg)
Kido Yasuhiro vs. Luke Whelan*
Yu Hirono vs. Sanny Dahlbeck
Nakajima Hiroki vs. Chingiz Allazov
Watanabe Hinata vs. Jordann Pikeur

*Luke Whelan replaces an injured Jordan Watson

Tournament Reserve Fight
Yamazaki Yoichi vs. Tomoaki Makino

SuperFights
Kaew Weerasakreck vs. Noiri Masaaki
Takeru vs. Buvaisar Paskhaev
Hiramoto Ren vs. Umar Paskhaev
Gonnapar Weerasakreck vs. Wei Rui
Taiga vs. Koji
Ozawa Kaito vs. Saikyo Haruma

Undercard
Uchiyama Masato vs. Katsuya Jinbo
Takeuchi Yuki vs. Tabata Ryo
Suzuki Hayato vs. Koge Yuki
Kawaguchi Takuma vs. Saikyo Yuma

main card is due to kick off 9 hours from this post

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder if i can figure out setting up a fuckin vpn

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

i wonder if i can figure out setting up a fuckin vpn

There's this free thing the kickboxing illuminati use called softether, it worked for me last tine

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm gonna be at my fweakin in laws' and they have redneck satellite internet so someone better link to tweets with gifs of all the good parts

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's this free thing the kickboxing illuminati use called softether, it worked for me last tine

many blessings

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think the time I got was wrong. Mainncard is 3pm Japanese time which is like 5 hours away

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Just tuned in in time to see Chingiz Allazov destroy Nakajima, who idolises Wanderlei and sucks poo poo. Cool uppercut KO. There's a non VPN requiring stream on live.qq.com/directory/game/Fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Some cool knockouts and now it's Takeru time

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
End of the first: Takerus opponent acts tough and gets in his face, nearly starting a brawl

End of the second: Takeru goads him into doing it again and laughs in his face

Start of the third: Takeru beats his rear end and makes him quit

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

End of the first: Takerus opponent acts tough and gets in his face, nearly starting a brawl

Thanks for the Mayweather/McGregor spoilers

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvLoKAqdR2CpzgLpwElGYg/videos

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that poo poo owned

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
takeru ate quite a few check hooks and it didnt even phase him

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Nice.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Skip My Posts posted:

takeru ate quite a few check hooks and it didnt even phase him

I haven't watched enough Takeru fights to know if this is a consistent issue but I've seen enough old heroes whose chin's fail to know its gonna catch up to him.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Novum posted:

I haven't watched enough Takeru fights to know if this is a consistent issue but I've seen enough old heroes whose chin's fail to know its gonna catch up to him.

Takeru is very willing to eat shots to give shots, and also to showboat/goad his opponent. He's not AS dumb about it as he was when I first saw him fight, but I still stand by my earlier prediction of "one of these days someone will end his loving existence"

Also why do these fighters want to intentionally piss Takeru off, why

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bushmeister posted:

Takeru is very willing to eat shots to give shots, and also to showboat/goad his opponent. He's not AS dumb about it as he was when I first saw him fight, but I still stand by my earlier prediction of "one of these days someone will end his loving existence"

Also why do these fighters want to intentionally piss Takeru off, why

has Takeru ever fought outside of Japan?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Something new under the sun: Jamal Ben Saddik has cancer but says he isn't going to start chemo until he gets a rematch with Rico Verhoeven

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
A daring negotiating tactic. I like it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Something new under the sun: Jamal Ben Saddik has cancer but says he isn't going to start chemo until he gets a rematch with Rico Verhoeven

hahaha

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Crimes against Hippocrates.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Apparently they've offered him the fight... in December lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I cant stop laughing

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mickey rourke is gonna call him out soon

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

david carmichael posted:

I cant stop laughing

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw a slam ko in live muai thai tonight. It was awesome Nd I didn't know that was a thing

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I think Saenchai has a few. If you like grappling you should watch Simon Marcus vs Artem Levin at lion fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtLfBLpOm3k

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I like lion fights

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

It's so good and reminded me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiwvzaVmoBo

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Apparently remy is fighting melvin. Wonderful.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

Apparently remy is fighting melvin. Wonderful.

this is a totally new remy and not at all remy bonjasky right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

this is a totally new remy and not at all remy bonjasky right

No it is the same Remy that beat him 3 times also he's 69 years old and half blind and the promotion is run by Melvin Manhoef